[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

12 minutes ago, CallieP said:

Just noticed something. In KOC is the written language Chinese and not the new Korean Alphabet?  The huge picture of LG on a building had Chinese characters on it. The first word being "Large" or "Big"  I happen to be able to read that word. Anyway, it is not the Korean alphabet even if I read the first word wrongly. Just curious.

大韩帝国

Kingdom of Corea, direct translation Big Korean Kingdom.  
I’m not super familiar with Korean language history but they used Hanja/Chinese characters until what, 1900ish?  Maybe this is just another deviation because their 20th century history was so different. 

But I’ve definitely seen modern Korean characters there, right?

• Like 7

4 hours ago, Umjicheok said:

That is not going to be small change for all of us here.:joy:

Lmao. It's a small change when you look at the bigger picture but I understand where you coming from:joy: The LG-JTE ship is larger then life now:kiss_wink:

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

21 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Last episode when we found out Lady Noh was brought over at the age of 17, we actually came up with a pretty good theory that she’s LR’s mother, or aunt.  

Born in 1932, came over in 1949, LR born in Feb 1951 to a concubine.  LG’s dad was born some years later.  If we go off of Kwon Yul’s real age, then he was 37 in 1994, born about 6 years after LR.  Lady Noh has no status, although I’m sure with the lack of technology in the 50s, it’s easier to hide her origin, as opposed to JTE.  She went from illegal immigrant to top dog in the castle, and was already Head of the court by ‘94.

She dressed up to spread his ashes.  If she was truly 100% against him, I don’t think she would’ve done that.  I have no doubt that she’s 100% loyal to LG, but there’s something in her that treated the ashes with dignity. 

Lee Lim was treated VERY well for being a bastard son.  Imperial Prince, very influential, walked around the Palace as he liked...he obviously couldn’t be king but he had power and influence.  In Chinese harem dramas, the Emperors always treated the favored consorts children very well.  Or, the more favored the child was, the more that the consort got.  If Grandpa King loves Lady Noh, then it makes sense that he would raise her to an elevated position and treat her son well.  It appeared that until his death, Papa King respected his brother a lot and LG also had a good relationship with his uncle. 

We will see!

The more I'm reading about this, the more I'm convinced Lady Noh is indeed LR's mother. :crazy:  And his father is one of the KOC royals.  

Though that would also seem to make them the star-crossed, lovers-from-two-universes mirror version of JTE/LG.  Except Lady Noh and whoever her KOC beloved ended in tragedy and the product of their love, their son LR, became a monster who nearly destroyed a family/the royal house?  Thus could be JTE/LG the mirror version of that first (if tragic) star-crossed love story, but JTE/LG meant to avert that sad ending (and their children become decent, heroic leaders who secure the royal legacy)?

Ya know, that could also be contributing to Noh's apparent disdain of KSR too.  KSR is clearly a cold-blooded operator largely only really thinking about herself and Noh is very likely right in her assessment she'd be all wrong for LG.  She'd be adept and ruthless in the political aspect of being queen, but as for wife and love of LG?  I think Noh doesn't like that idea at all (and I think she realizes or steadily coming to realize JTE fits that bill, though, in theory based on her own sad experiences, she'd have little reason to think they could have a happy ending).  Noh may not like the idea of KSR as queen because she herself had to suffer watching someone she loved in a loveless, arranged marriage with someone too similar to KSR.  Some selfish, manipulative opportunist only thinking about securing her own power and glory, caring little about her husband's (or her children's) physical or emotional well-being.  Noh may have been there for him (and, in theory, her son) for some of it, but they could never truly be together.  At some point, the wife may have caught on to what was going on and sent Noh away (if Noh's love had been King Haejong, that could be when Noh got sent off to be a court lady in Jong-in's house.  Jong-in looking after her when his brother couldn't).

In theory, could also be a contributing factor to how / why LR turned out like he did.  That for all he did have the favor of court, raised wealthy & want of nothing and likely had the favor of whoever his royal father was (though LR could still never be king)?  His father's wife may have hated him and Noh knew it, but she couldn't do anything about it.  His father's wife mistreating LR, always made him feel like he should have never been born and his father never stood up for him, etc etc. and every other usual reason a royal bastard may develop a chip on their shoulder and eventually and brutally turn on their family/father.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 5

7 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Now finally watching the episode and I already wanna do this to PM:

Super satisfying though, PM has to show up with pre-set appointments and dressed in her finest, and she still gets kicked out.  

JTE’s wandering around in her sweats and doesn’t even knock before bathing into LG’s rooms, nor does he expect her to.

@cpt_falcon in the first episode when Lady Noh is placing talismans, she also said she got the ones to help him find a “lover”.  Not a wife, partner, or Queen, but a lover.  This could also be an indicator of how she feels.  She’s the only person advising him who’s mentioned anything about actually loving whoever the Queen is.  

Except Secretary Mo, aka @Heretorant.  She just wants the juicy goss.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 4
  • LOL 9

Well... after watching the episode, it occured to me, being pervert that i am... if JTE got pregnant when she is bk in ROK.. while LG is in KOC:D

Coz if he left a few weeks, it would be a few months in ROK... imagine... JTE giving birth when he is  finally able to visit her:D

Yes, well.. everyone cant predict where the story is going, and i just hope it wouldnt end up as unsatisfying as Goblin. Sigh... 

• Like 4
  • LOL 6

I legit LOL and all those analysis u girls did regarding whether they did it or not. And I am still wondering what "you like wrapping it/you like wrapping stuff etc" supposed to mean in ep14. 

I honestly don't think they actually went all the way... LG seem to be that kind of "old-fashioned" namchin with the way he acted all embarrassed when TE ask him to chek her shoulder. But it is confirmed they are definitely sleeping together. As in same room. Just maybe not doing it. Hahahaha. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

13 minutes ago, realistic2280a said:

Well... after watching the episode, it occured to me, being pervert that i am... if JTE got pregnant when she is bk in ROK.. while LG is in KOC:D

Coz if he left a few weeks, it would be a few months in ROK... imagine... JTE giving birth when finally is able to visit her:D

Yes, well.. everyone cant predict where the story is going, and i just hope it wouldnt end up as unsatisfying as Goblin. Sigh... 

Hahaha. The next time he leaves and returns kid is 2 years 

• Like 1
  • LOL 12
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Umjicheok said:
5 hours ago, kimchijjigae said:

Yup I think so. He's probably the one in the locked room at the care center that's why the hospital manager(?) was so surprised to see him when he's supposed to be in a coma. 

That will also support LG's theory that the scars are those who killed their counterparts. SJ does not have scars because his counterpart is still alive. 

Just realized that LG is making theories as well. Maybe he can join this soompi forum :D

I was thinking about his statement. If he said that the scars are those who killed their counterparts then how come he has the scar? His counterpart is not killed by him. Either the translation was not correct or I don't recall properly hence I didn't mention it :sweatingbullets: 

Also I wonder whether the flute connects Lee lim and LG somehow because they both are responsible for breaking it and both of their blood flowed through the flute. Somewhat like harry-voldy soul sharing , here Lee gon and Lee lim connected by blood flowing through the flute:lol:

Only shows what LG knows SO FAR.  The viewing audience has seen more cos we can see what LR is doing and we are therefore ahead of LG in this respect.

But hey, he told TE he is a fast learner, right? He will catch up eventually hehe

• Like 7
  • LOL 5

7 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Super satisfying though, PM has to show up with pre-set appointments and dressed in her finest, and she still gets kicked out.  

JTE’s wandering around in her sweats and doesn’t even knock before bathing into LG’s rooms, nor does he expect her to.

JTE walking around like she's at home and KSR only ever a visitor in the palace. ;)

Also how JTE never uses the right honorifics for LG(always speaks to him informally), while KSR always ever addresses him like 99.9% of the rest of the population, all his subordinates, does.  On so many levels, for how special she thinks she is, KSR is absolutely nothing and never special to LG.  Just another one of his subjects and one he doesn't particularly like very much and now realizes is flat-out betraying him and KOC to the murderous traitor.

Though KSR should take heart LR seem to find her amusing (if in a condescending way).  That's something I suppose.  And she tried playing that game right back at him and that look he gave her... not sure if he wanted to kill her or pound rice (:lol:) with her.  Though reading through the thread, I'm glad I'm not the only one that saw actual chemistry between KSR and LR.  If there's an evil alt. universe out there somewhere, they should run off there and take it over. :lol:  Those two are two predator peas in a pod.

@cpt_falcon in the first episode when Lady Noh is placing talismans, she also said she got the ones to help him find a “lover”.  Not a wife, partner, or Queen, but a lover.  This could also be an indicator of how she feels.  She’s the only person advising him who’s mentioned anything about actually loving whoever the Queen is.

Lady Noh, perhaps more than anyone and very possibly due to her own experiences, probably knows the importance of love for psychological and emotional well-being of the country's ruler.  She may also know from her own experiences how very bad things can go if that love isn't ever there.  Someone like KSR would consider that secondary or doesn't truly know the concept of real love between a wife and husband (and the fact she flat-out said she'd "crush" LG's heart rather than how to woo him, major warning bells from Lady Noh and she said as much.  KSR was a big no-no for LG).  It's apparent KSR's first marriage was strictly one of convenience and her garnering the status, social and financial, she wanted.  Then when she got that status, she ditched her husband.  He was nothing but a pawn for her to use and dispose of.  LG would be no different if she managed to get her claws in him.

• Like 13
  • Insightful 1

5 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

Only shows what LG knows SO FAR.  The viewing audience has seen more cos we can see what LR is doing and we are therefore ahead of LG in this respect.

But hey, he told TE he is a fast learner, right? He will catch up eventually hehe

This. LG is smarter then LL but his ahead of him and had time to prepare for 25 years his patient which makes him tough opponent as his technically ahead

• Like 10

9 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

I am really going to sleep now.

See you on page 620 (?) when I wake up in 6 hours....LOL.

You should know, I waited until page 620 just to quote you. 

How does it feel traveling 12 pages to the future? 

:D

8 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Only the  king can  mistake the bin  with his friend pocket :joy:

then walk out like nothing happened :D

Pocket mistaken as a trash can in exchange for a luxurious car?

Fair enough trade :lol:

Pretending we don’t know he almost died protecting the king lol.

————————————————

I was lurking on twitter and thought these were too relatable and hilarious to not share here.

This person isn’t wrong. We were all theorizing about the possibility of LJH being alive, we totally missed SJ. And there you have it, why SJ isn’t effected by the scars. 

Don’t lie. We’re all spoiled brats here on soompi. We’ve seen possibly every spoilers out there. But, we are also smart and came to that conclusion ourselves.

Only the TKEM can make us do math like this.

@Dramafreak hope this answers your questions about how many hours or days until Friday :D 

6 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

Loser. 

Just wanted to let you know... for calling pyeha that, you will definitely not get beheaded :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 16
  • Love 2

Wow I just realized in one of my earlier posts, I was trying to say JTE doesn’t knock before BARGING into LG’s rooms

Apple auto corrected to BATHING

oh. my. god.

You know what she was there for quite a few days and they shared a suite, it probably happened.

• Like 2
  • LOL 17

17 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Wow I just realized in one of my earlier posts, I was trying to say JTE doesn’t knock before BARGING into LG’s rooms

Apple auto corrected to BATHING

oh. my. god.

You know what she was there for quite a few days and they shared a suite, it probably happened.

The idea of the suite bathing makes you automatically the GOAT PD'nim of soompi

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Awesome 1

7 hours ago, madmad min said:

Uh No My question was, Till NOW we thought that A Full Flute has to be accessed for TIME To Turn back and Forth.

Now LG is in hospital with Saviors attire and ID, pretty obvious HE turns The time back in these clothes only right ...but at this time The flute he has is only HALF a piece.

I've always thought that the flute - whether whole or halved - can be used to time travel, back & forth. The holder/s just have to learn how or realize how to do so. 

The only difference is that when broken, there are consequences like time freeze.

• Like 12
  • Insightful 1