[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

Wait, is KSJ's counterpart still alive in a coma the hospital/care center? In the locked room?:ph34r:

Cause I'm trying to make sense of who gets the lighting burn scar.

If your counterpart is dead and you cross over you get the scar? If your counterpart is still alive the balance isn't off so you don't get the scar right?

• Like 6

After reading numerous of theories and backtracking as far as I can reach

giphy.gif

I must say tho credit to all these who shared their theories there is no such thing as bad theory. Kudos to all of you. It was an interesting read

• Like 8
  • LOL 6
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

8 hours ago, Jaja said:

This is not supposed to be a Saturday episode.. this is only worthy of being a Friday episode.. SBS you really owe us an episode tomorrow :tears:

We needed a payback for investing so much.. we needed the time travel to become the major plot this week. How many more hints before time travel is out in the open for protagonists? 

Still a really good episode but we need more paybacks. KES is always good at building but not enough paybacks everytime.. just my opinion :lol:

Why did SBs cancel the episode? Cause obviously, TKEM meant for this as a friday episode. Why SBS?! Is it because of the ratings? Why are they mean?!!!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I hope KES don’t partner with SBS again. They f**cked up the promotion of this one with delaying episode 14 and releasing that preview. It’s like they want TKEM to fail. Why is it because it’s released in Netflix and not only SBS?! They should have released the coronavirus movie on Sunday if they want to spread information since most family watch tv on Sunday. This episode was meant to be a Friday episode. Just stick with tvn! But seriously, thanks to the preview, we know that LG will survive and that he was the savior. It’s like the effort of the production team is wasted thanks to SBS.

(sorry for the rant)

Re: LL time traveling. I think after LG got poisoned, Luna took the whip that has the flute and give it to LL and that is why he can now time travel.

• Like 10
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1

I have a feeling that part of the story is for LG and TE (and maybe with JY and SJ) to fix this whole thing by going to the war, which were discussed in several scenes, to win it without having the need to have another parallel universe. I felt like LG will go back to the moment where lady noh won't have to travel to KOC. That there is only one Korea where LG meets TE and were blessed with a baby. That ending where they play in a garden full of flowers from the seeds that TE has been trying to grow. Neither in both world did any of the seed grew yet and I have this feeling that the seed is meant to grew only in a world where the positive and negative behavior and mindset is on one physical human being. That a state of any persona (a successful vs a failure) is possible to exist on one physical human being and that the battle to win or lose becomes an everyday battle where human beings are sometimes successful and sometimes, a losser. Unlike in KOC and ROK, where it seems always that one is successful in one world while the other is a failure in the other world. 

I felt like the yoyo boy is the one who is trying to help LG to discover both worlds and have set TE to lost her ID to awaken the mind of LG, to be curious about the series of events and the possibility of having another world. His curiosity then serves as the only way to learn that the KOC and ROC are no longer balanced and that someone had to go back and fix it to where it should be, that is having just one chaotic but beautiful world where both the evil and the good exist! That his fate is bound to fix a mistake of his grand generation! 

#justAtheory

Edited by lhor
addew some words
  • Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 3

6 hours ago, Heretorant said:

You should know, I waited until page 620 just to quote you. 

How does it feel traveling 12 pages to the future? 

:D

Pocket mistaken as a trash can in exchange for a luxurious car?

Fair enough trade :lol:

Pretending we don’t know he almost died protecting the king lol.

————————————————

I was lurking on twitter and thought these were too relatable and hilarious to not share here.

This person isn’t wrong. We were all theorizing about the possibility of LJH being alive, we totally missed SJ. And there you have it, why SJ isn’t effected by the scars. 

Don’t lie. We’re all spoiled brats here on soompi. We’ve seen possibly every spoilers out there. But, we are also smart and came to that conclusion ourselves.

Only the TKEM can make us do math like this.

@Dramafreak hope this answers your questions about how many hours or days until Friday :D
Just wanted to let you know... for calling pyeha that, you will definitely not get beheaded :lol:

LOL. I woke up to page 619.

Short by one! Darn! I thought it was a good episode. For now, it looks like LR has the upper hand but we do have 3 episodes to go and somehow PDnim likes using flashbacks to explain what really went down.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 6
  • LOL 3

Finished the episode! I had three initial reactions:

PM: That’s all she gets? Her position is gone and she still gets to walk with heels out. Seems like Peyha didn’t actually behead that other traitor. So PM’s head will have to stay. I will just resort to this:

RespectfulDistantKingbird-size_restricte

LG: I knew he was the savior because of that dang 4 min spoiler. But I still teared up a bit because LMH sold it to me with his expression of realization in a moment of desperation to hold onto his life poisoned by Luna.

Luna: I feel bad for the life she had but after this episode, she either chose her own path or is actually following LR’s orders. im starting to not like her..<_<

*time to backtrack now lol*

• Like 2
  • LOL 12
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Finished the episode! I had three initial reactions:

PM: That’s all she gets? Her position is gone and she still gets to walk with heels out. Seems like Peyha didn’t actually behead that other traitor. So PM’s head will have to stay. I will just resort to this:

LG: I knew he was the savior because of that dang 4 min spoiler. But I still teared up a bit because LMH sold it to me with his expression of realization in a moment of desperation to hold onto his life poisoned by Luna.

Luna: I feel bad for the life she had but after this episode, she either chose her own path or is actually following LR’s orders :astonished:

*time to backtrack now lol*

If PM Koo will be beheaded, she should take Luna with her hehehe

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 1
  • LOL 7

Wow..  Finnaly done :lol: I read almost all,  and wow !! You guys so clever B)

Thank you for all the theories, it's fun to read but still can't let my brain rest because still can't understand HAHA

I have maaaany questions.. 

But,  I will just hold it until the end of this drama,  if until then I still can't understand,  I will ask here,  and I wish you guys will answer my question because you guys are so genius B)

Let's survive this week,maybe next episode will kill us brutally :confounded:

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Ok, weee! Finally made it! Some points. 
1.Already saw some gripes. But I’m going to gripe anyway...

JY IS SUCH A NAGGER. Phew, got that out of the way. :sweatingbullets:

First he nags that JTE’s a criminal. Then he nags to JTE that our fav couple can’t be together because they are from different worlds. You better believe he was going to mention something to LG before he left to get drinks. 
And then he tempts SJ. 
SJ probably didn’t say anything to JTE  the kiss/location of Luna  because just  few minutes ago he was tempted by JY.  One of  SJ’s weakness is JTE....

So JY the Nagger will be his title in my black book for now. 

2. LG mentioned the fact that anything dead rises and anything living drops or something to that affect  while they were in no mans land 0 -1.  I think this is important.
I don’t want to sound tragic, but JTE does get stabbed in the preview. I think she can move because she’s dead when time stops. Ack zombies!:confounded:
Or r something to do with no mans land/seeds...

3. I don’t quite understand PM’s reasoning in going to the dark side. Was she in love with LG? It didn’t seem so until she went to confront LG in the beginning. A little bit puzzling because I only saw her ambition to become queen. Not any attraction for LG as a man. Saw more attraction with the evil uncle or the trusted side kick  secretary. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1