[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

1 minute ago, AgentQuake said:

JTE can’t be pregnant, it’s been like 3 days.  Of course, they’ve pounded rice like 20 times since then if he’s already taking supplements.  

I love that LR keeps underestimating the women he’s trying to control.  Luna and JTE play on their own terms, and PM matched him blow for blow.  JH’s mother is out of his control too.  

Loser. 

I'm also frequently not sure how much time passes within JTE/LG's separations.  Like how long were they separated when JTE ran into him unexpectedly in the bamboo forest?  Seems a bit of time has passed based on her strong, visceral reaction to seeing him again.    

I'd also bet anything KSR screws LL over somehow.  Her mother seems to be the only person I believe she legit cares about and if LR threatens or hurts her in some way?  All bets may be off with KSR.  It does seem important to me KSR consistently written as taking down/targeting misogynist men in power.  I feel like LR pretty solidly fits that bill and when KSR realizes she's stepped too close to that fire to being controlled by a powerful, egomaniacal misogynist man (or something she truly values, her mom, is under threat by him), KSR could become yet another one of those women he thought he could control but ultimately couldn't.  KSR right now though is reading as potentially having the Redemption Equals Death endgame, but we shall see.

Also a whole lot of importance put on mothers in this story...

• JH's mother
  • LG and JTE sharing memories of their mothers, both of them lost while they were young, while on their Cathedral date
  • SJ's mother(s) (in both worlds)
  • KSR's mother (who, unlike her daughter, seems to be a decent person and one of the only people KSR seems to truly care about)
  • The pregnant lady - preg with a little girl according to LR - that LR made the deal with (and exchanged with that poor pregnant lady now terrified and stuck in ROK with no explanation how she got there/where she is)

Now the potential JTE, the female lead, herself could be pregnant.  It'd almost seem fitting in a way.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 5

6 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

Wow , he change , my shy boy is gone forever :joy:

You know WDH should really keep that haircut. I didn't like his hair during the presscon.  He is more dashing with his hair up this way in the drama. But that's just me.

• Like 3
  • Love 4

3 minutes ago, CallieP said:

I thought today's show was compelling and very interesting. I wished they had not shown LG running towards JTE in his CH outfit in the previews or spoilers or LG in hospital so today would have been a bigger surprise.   No doubt we all suspected LG to be the savior but we thought it could be two people, it could be SJ or JY  so today would have been a "Yes!"  I was right. To new viewers who have never watched CH, this would be a revelation but to see LG in the outfit, the cat is out of the bag and not a surprise today. Soompi viewers are veterans but I am thinking of those new to Kdramas. I introduced my friend to King and she finds it very interesting. She may not look for previews so she might still be surprised. She does not like spoilers.  So I was thinking of such viewers and not Soompiers. 

I don't know whether they show promos on sbs main channel ( because in my country the broadcasting channel telecasts promos too) but If they telecasted that 4 min preview then it wouldn't be surprising even for them. Considering the viewers (general public) who are watching TKEM,  must also be thinking about the story line and the savior , my bet is even they would have thought about possibilities. My problem was not that they revealed LG as the savior in the episode climax BUT that was revealed in the promo and we are not even shocked/worried about him being poisoned. 

Don't get me wrong ,the episode was no way near bad but atleast for me, it was like a typical TKEM friday episode and not compelling Saturday. 

At bold: hmmm aren't spoilers released for ppl who want to see them just to get excited and production team releases them to pique interest and at the same time not to giveaway their major revelation. Now there are viewers who don't watch spoilers (including my past self) and I feel they are truely blessed to be able to ctrl themselves:D but as a viewer who trusted them not to giveaway everything in the promo, today's episode was not compelling enough for me. :lol:

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

You know WDH should really keep that haircut. I didn't like his hair during the presscon.  He is more dashing with his hair up this way in the drama. But that's just me.

Haha he had that Great Seducer Hairstyle when ES held the Gun and threathened the Guy in hospital (Yum if I am allowed to say so)...Both hairstyles work.

Also I think SJ went to meet his father and only one SJ is there doppler is dead,that is my guess though.

• LOL 3
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, cpt_falcon said:

I'm also frequently not sure how much time passes within JTE/LG's separations.  Like how long were they separated when JTE ran into him unexpectedly in the bamboo forest?  Seems a bit of time has passed based on her strong, visceral reaction to seeing him again.    

I'd also bet anything KSR screws LL over somehow.  Her mother seems to be the only person I believe she legit cares about and if LR threatens or hurts her in some way?  All bets may be off with KSR.  It does seem important to me KSR consistently written as taking down/targeting misogynist men in power.  I feel like LR pretty solidly fits that bill and when KSR realizes she's stepped too close to that fire to being controlled by a powerful, egomaniacal misogynist man (or something she truly values, her mom, is under threat by him), KSR could become yet another one of those women he thought he could control but ultimately couldn't.  KSR right now though is reading as potentially having the Redemption Equals Death endgame, but we shall see.

Also a whole lot of importance put on mothers in this story...

• JH's mother
  • LG and JTE sharing memories of their mothers, both of them lost while they were young, while on their Cathedral date
  • SJ's mother(s) (in both worlds)
  • KSR's mother (who, unlike her daughter, seems to be a decent person and one of the only people KSR seems to truly care about)
  • The pregnant lady - preg with a little girl according to LR - that LR made the deal with (and exchanged with that poor pregnant lady now terrified and stuck in ROK with no explanation how she got there/where she is)

Now the potential JTE, the female lead, herself could be pregnant.  It'd almost seem fitting in a way.

If the time is reset they will lose the child. Which means they have technically lost a child several times due to the time resets that took place according to some atleast 2 times now

• Sad 4

6 hours ago, mychoiyoung said:

Am guessing SJ of ROK is alive?

I'm guessing that too. In the restricted ward in that nursery hospital they went...because the head nurse lady seemed to be shocked to see KSJ there :huh:

That's why KSJ doesn't have the lightning scar...same goes to JTE-Luna & JY-ES B)

Those doppelgangers still alive...don't have lightning scars on them.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Wanderer062287 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm sorry I know we're supposed to feel worried about pyeha here but I can imagine something else happening in this scene amppp :rolleyes:

LG reply. funny post tho

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=17089191

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • LOL 5

27 minutes ago, Dramafreak said:

I think there is a second shooter, check the preview video of episode 14...

I am not good with screenshots but episode 1:

Someone shoots at the ceiling, traitors look upwards, then One shooter tall shoots, takes refuge behind a body and shoots more then jumps through the glass and hides behind the wall. next comes someone who shoots and there is a side profile of the person (who to me looks like someone with a woman's upperbody) and then i see this person who checks the child's pulse. The last person shooting actually is able to get no one with his shots.

Is the person checking the pulse and the person not able to get anyone shot down is the same person? If yes then I would say that person is LG.:joy:

If LG is a good shooter then: Just give me the reason why he didn't use his skills to get that lion doll and instead spent considerable amount of money in it!

• Like 9
  • LOL 2

9 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

Am guessing SJ of ROK is alive?

Yup I think so. He's probably the one in the locked room at the care center that's why the hospital manager(?) was so surprised to see him when he's supposed to be in a coma. 

That will also support LG's theory that the scars are those who killed their counterparts. SJ does not have scars because his counterpart is still alive. 

Just realized that LG is making theories as well. Maybe he can join this soompi forum :D

• Like 4
  • LOL 11

2 minutes ago, kimchijjigae said:

Yup I think so. He's probably the one in the locked room at the care center that's why the hospital manager(?) was so surprised to see him when he's supposed to be in a coma. 

That will also support LG's theory that the scars are those who killed their counterparts. SJ does not have scars because his counterpart is still alive. 

Just realized that LG is making theories as well. Maybe he can join this soompi forum :D

I was thinking about his statement. If he said that the scars are those who killed their counterparts then how come he has the scar? His counterpart is not killed by him. Either the translation was not correct or I don't recall properly hence I didn't mention it :sweatingbullets: 

Also I wonder whether the flute connects Lee lim and LG somehow because they both are responsible for breaking it and both of their blood flowed through the flute. Somewhat like harry-voldy soul sharing , here Lee gon and Lee lim connected by blood flowing through the flute:lol:

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, Umjicheok said:

Is the person checking the pulse and the person not able to get anyone shot down is the same person? If yes then I would say that person is LG.:joy:

If LG is a good shooter then: Just give me the reason why he didn't use his skills to get that lion doll and spend considerable amount of money in it!

I mentioned this couple of pages back. In my theory there will be 2 LG's not just one. One from the previous timeline B and One from this timeline C

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

55 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

JTE can’t be pregnant, it’s been like 3 days.  Of course, they’ve pounded rice like 20 times since then if he’s already taking supplements.  

I love that LR keeps underestimating the women he’s trying to control.  Luna and JTE play on their own terms, and PM matched him blow for blow.  JH’s mother is out of his control too.  

Loser. 

She could be. All it takes is one needle to pop the balloon and voila! Here pops the future heir!:joy:

• LOL 12

2 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

I mentioned this couple of pages back. In my theory there will be 2 LG's not just one. One from the previous timeline B and One from this timeline C

So what made the current LG bad shooter, considering all LG versions would have gone similar training.* Curious*

• Like 4

The fact that Lee Gon knows this girl isn't Tae Eul just by merely looking at her, ugh. no one can fool lee gon when it comes to jung tae eul. true love :kiss_wink:

Spoiler

wow Pheya:thumbsup:

0671b3ca283109629a9bda4c642a29fb4d8e20e9.gifva68e2749af3bb6e3fd744b6070f2dcb54375a3a7.gifv

• Like 3
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4