[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

6 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

I thought this comment about her skin was going to turn into another advertisement for that pink moisturizer stick :lol: thankfully it turned out to be a cute moment for her and LG :wub:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 11
  • Love 6

15 minutes ago, Adritz_ said:

I thought this comment about her skin was going to turn into another advertisement for that pink moisturizer stick :lol:

thankfully it turned out to be a cute moment for her and LG :wub:

Oh, I'm sure it was an advertisement too. :lol:  However, my immediate thought - even though there'd be little chance she'd show any signs so crazy early - but in cliche TV Land (though it's sometimes true to life), when one character comments on another character having "glowing skin", it's often a pregnancy hint.  That whole cliche about how pregnant woman are just glowing and whatnot.  The other comment hint a pregnancy arc is about to happen, when a character comments on a female character's shiny hair.  

• Like 1
  • LOL 9
  • Insightful 2

29 minutes ago, Jad068 said:

I hope KES don’t partner with SBS again. They f**cked up the promotion of this one with delaying episode 14 and releasing that preview. It’s like they want TKEM to fail. Why is it because it’s released in Netflix and not only SBS?! They should have released the coronavirus movie on Sunday if they want to spread information since most family watch tv on Sunday. This episode was meant to be a Friday episode. Just stick with tvn! But seriously, thanks to the preview, we know that LG will survive and that he was the savior. It’s like the effort of the production team is wasted thanks to SBS.

(sorry for the rant)

Re: LL time traveling. I think after LG got poisoned, Luna took the whip that has the flute and give it to LL and that is why he can now time travel.

Really I hate SBS but I want this channel just Award Ceremony in the end of year (because cable tvs hasn't Award ceremony at least I want cast appear in a ceremony) , SBS is better among KBS, MBC but really can't promote, LMH works with SBS for years but They made same for LOBS , I read on Naver yesterday someday said "SBS looks like The King anti", really it seems like this .

• Like 8
  • Awesome 4
  • Thanks 1

I see someone call all of tkem fans Monarchs. I want to refer all of us the same :)

hi all Monarchs Sunbae !

i watched this series without expectation then end up addicted to it. I think it was the first kdrama series that i watch ep 1 to the latest repeatedly to see what i miss! 
Usually this only happens with western series/movies such as Dark, avengers, harry potter, etc 
This discussion has been my source of happines amidst the pandemic because you all so smart *clap* its entertaining

the thing that making me nervous after seeing ep 13 are: 

1. I think the move lee gon make for PM js wrong because there still a slight hope PM will be on his side because she said before “you are the one who choose where should i go in these heels, pyeha” 

2. i hope to get more explanation to the bomb we get last ep 12 from lady noh. Im expecting something shocking. But i domt know

3. im shocked Luna is bad (or at least that is the impression i got in this eps) 

4. jo yeong is suspicious. Either he decide to be bad or he will be dead next 

5. After watching eps 1 again and again, my brains believe there are more than 1 savior. If its happens it will be daebak! 

im never really attached to KES drama before because she gave me bad ending for Lovers In Paris. But i like this one totally my genre, i hope she gave is good ending :(

also i said this in my head a couple days ago, that this drama should made into novel or book where everything will be explained more detail. Like in Harry Potter. Then i see in internet that there will be a novel coming out for this after the series is over, not sure what it turn out like but im so excited !!!

• Like 8
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 2

39 minutes ago, Jad068 said:

But seriously, thanks to the preview, we know that LG will survive and that he was the savior. It’s like the effort of the production team is wasted thanks to SBS.

But do you know? there are still so many Korean surprised :lol: I read so many comments :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

No kidding MOnarchs, I don’t even sleep and I still find it hard to catch up with this thread. Believe it or not, I just spent the past 2 hours reading through 7 pages. Am still on page 615. I’m not exactly the liberal arts student so maybe it took me longer than normal people would lol. 

7 hours ago, madmad min said:

Q- Does LR know that LG's WHIP has the Half of Flute?..no one should know that unless Lady Noh or JTE reveals that right???

BrainDead Right Now God Dear Lord!! WHY O WHY.

I don’t know how smart LR is but LG figured it out the instant he spotted LR. They both know each of them is probably holding onto their flute because they, themselves, hardly go anywhere without it. The only thing LR was holding in his hand was the umbrella and LG took note quickly. In episode 12, LG told JTE he assumes LR already figured out where his flute is. I think it’s possible. 

7 hours ago, Dramafreak said:

While time is frozen and LG runs towards a stabbed JTE are they in Corea or Korea? Maybe the rule of frozen time does not apply to dying people? If JTE got stabbed in Korea then how did she travel to the place where LG can run towards her?

No theory... just questions :D

What if JTE is frozen but it took LG 1... hour to find her. By the time he reached her, the world unfroze. It’s a possibility. 

6 hours ago, kimchijjigae said:

Just realized that LG is making theories as well. Maybe he can join this soompi forum :D

He is the master theorist here.

6 hours ago, Kdramatic said:

Unless in the original time line, young LG was never meant to die anyway. He still had half the flute, still ended up meeting JTE and did everything up to a certain point and then went back in time to try to change things. So this would mean this is the 3rd time line we are watching.

I’ve always believed he never died in the first timeline. It seems his main goal is to go back and stop LR before he is able to create unbalance in the world. The purpose of traveling was not to save himself but to stop LR. I assume he’s only checking young LG’s pulse to make sure he didn’t die because that can go bad. There must have still been a reason why LR wasn’t able to walk away with the full flute in the first place though. I can’t come up with a theory on that part. 

I’m now wondering if the scene we see in episode one of LG standing by the gate, dressed in the jacket of doom, is him about ready to go battle LR in the past. 

6 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

I think Luna's priorities have changed since she got to ROK.  She originally went because why the hell not, and snagged all of LR's money.  But we can see her start changing once she experienced her father's love.  I think she just wants LOVE.  She kissed SJ right away, maybe she thought he was her boyfriend.  Her dad made her food, teased her, and takes care of her.  She has a job on the other side of the law now.  I think she likes JTE's life, and who JTE is.  She put the stars up on the van.  I don't think she was just in pain from her illness, I think her heart hurt because JTE is back to claim her life, and Luna's back to living as a criminal in her van.

So this is the one time that LR's plan is actually working out, and someone genuinely is going to work hard to get that life.

Thank you. I needed this. 

I’m sold. I can understand her intentions now. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

11 hours ago, Heretorant said:

Am I just supposed to accept that the savior is a good shooter by words? No further explanation? 

I was always under the impression that they were just trying to misdirect us BUT I think the misdirection was too strong, they actually need to make up for it. They haven’t shown us any scenes that prove LG is a good shooter but now I’m just supposed to believe it? It’s simply throwing something out there and expecting viewers to just take it as it is. 

My head is hurting. 

End of rant. 

I'm with you! LR said LG is a good shooter??? seriously?. The LG that we know so far was not that good in that area.

I feels like KES wants us to believe the savior is LG himself but he is not and the truth is not that simple... anybody can wear the all black suit like that and looks like the Savior. The Dejavu/memories of LG might be just his memory perception because he in that all black and cap and the silluette looks familiar in his mind.

The true savior can be JY (he said he will follow any battle that LG will be in, and JY know about crossing world and the flute, the scar and LG sent him notes about quantum and parallel world) or SJ (He proof it at the shooting alley with JTE and I believed he has some connection with LH/LJH) or even JTE.

• Like 7

BTW, how did Luna know Jo Young was in RoK? Since when PM met JY, Luna already left LL and has stolen the money. Did she met LL again and LL informed her about JY? And isn’t it suspicious that JY left and a few moments later Luna came in. Something fishy is going on with JY. I wonder what happened in the elevator scene. 

(in half-joking note) Is JY in love with LG? He seemed to be against the JTE/LG ship and was seen backing up KSJ. And he knew that KSJ LIKES JTE AND IT’S ONE-SIDED. And remember, he said to KSJ that HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH LG IS LIKE THAT OF KSJ AND JTE. So does he mean he likes LG too and it’s one-sided? Curious. Is that why he allow Luna (with JTE’s face) poison LG so he can show LG how dangerous RoK is and he can come in as savior of LG after the poisoning. He seems to blame it on JTE on the previews. Hmmm suspicious (kidding but this theory is taking root in my brain hahaha)

re: shooter. I think some of the shooting scenes was reshown again in the credits and they confirmed in there that LG is the savior. Unless that is another red-herring again.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, x2020 said:

I'm with you! LR said LG is a good shooter??? seriously?. The LG that we know so far was not that good in that area.

I feels like KES wants us to believe the savior is LG himself but he is not and the truth is not that simple... anybody can wear the all black suit like that and looks like the Savior. The Dejavu/memories of LG might be just his memory perception because he in that all black and cap and the silluette looks familiar in his mind.

The true savior can be JY (he said he will follow any battle that LG will be in, and JY know about crossing world and the flute, the scar and LG sent him notes about quantum and parallel world) or SJ (He proof it at the shooting alley with JTE and I believed he has some connection with LH/LJH) or even JTE.

Oops, I changed my mind after reading @ms_inquiry’s wonderful post. Give it a read to see if you can understand why we think LG is a good shooter. 

But that’s not to debunk your theory about JY. It can be possible as many here still believe there are two saviors. 

BTW, how did Luna know Jo Young was in RoK? Since when PM met JY, Luna already left LL and has stolen the money. Did she met LL again and LL informed her about JY? And isn’t it suspicious that JY left and a fee moments later Luna came. Something fishy is going on with JY. I wonder what happened in the elevator scene.

@Jad068 she has JTE’s phone. She probably saw messages and calls between them.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

Luna is a good villain.  

She’s accepted that she has no parents, no love, no family, no job, money, nothing.  She lives in a van on the run, and KGE’s acting is so good that you feel bad for her.  She’s kind in her own way to those weaker than her - children and animals.  She’s been dealt this hand and she’ll deal with it - and she’s going to die soon.

But then comes this girl who’s her carbon copy and lives the life that she wants.  I think it’s also very telling that while all of LR’s other people were seduced by either power or wealth (or both), he preyed on the fact that Luna has no love or family.  Luna was only won over by ROK when she experienced love. 

I think she’s going to lose her shiznits after she sees what LG/JTE share.  If she’s willing to take down LG after experiencing just a few days with JTE’s dad and friends, and one bland kiss with Sin Jae...she’s not going to be able to handle the kind of love LG has for JTE.   

She’s deranged, but we can see why she’s that way!   She’s sympathetic because what else does she know?  

I wish PM had a story like this.  I actually really appreciated PM’s story until now.  She’s been sidelined and marginalized by those with power over her.  She rose from the mud and became powerful in her own right.  She deserves being Prime Minister, she worked hard to get there and the early episodes tell us that whether for ratings or not, she did right by the people and was popular. 

And then she went and murdered a perfectly innocent person.  Without even needing to think about it, that’s what makes her even more terrifying.  She literally just found out about the other world - from someone she spent 25 years learning about that is evil, and then within a few days, straight up murdered that girl. 

• Like 18

9 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Luna is a good villain.  

She’s accepted that she has no parents, no love, no family, no job, money, nothing.  She lives in a van on the run, and KGE’s acting is so good that you feel bad for her.  She’s kind in her own way to those weaker than her - children and animals.  She’s been dealt this hand and she’ll deal with it - and she’s going to die soon.

But then comes this girl who’s her carbon copy and lives the life that she wants.  I think it’s also very telling that while all of LR’s other people were seduced by either power or wealth (or both), he preyed on the fact that Luna has no love or family.  Luna was only won over by ROK when she experienced love. 

I think she’s going to lose her shiznits after she sees what LG/JTE share.  If she’s willing to take down LG after experiencing just a few days with JTE’s dad and friends, and one bland kiss with Sin Jae...she’s not going to be able to handle the kind of love LG has for JTE.   

She’s deranged, but we can see why she’s that way!   She’s sympathetic because what else does she know?  

I wish PM had a story like this.  I actually really appreciated PM’s story until now.  She’s been sidelined and marginalized by those with power over her.  She rose from the mud and became powerful in her own right.  She deserves being Prime Minister, she worked hard to get there and the early episodes tell us that whether for ratings or not, she did right by the people and was popular. 

And then she went and murdered a perfectly innocent person.  Without even needing to think about it, that’s what makes her even more terrifying.  She literally just found out about the other world - from someone she spent 25 years learning about that is evil, and then within a few days, straight up murdered that girl. 

I can also kinda understand Luna's situation and felt bad for her in some situations but poisoning LG and stabbing JTE is over the board thats where she lost. Can she redeem herself at this point? I don't see that happening. 

The PM wanted LG in order to become the queen and if she is not having that she will seek to destroy him. You either give her what she wants or she will ruin you type of person is dengerous and villianous even from the beginning

• Like 12

Hey all! 

I've been lurking on this thread for a while now, but I shall finally post! I love reading all of these theories - they keep me going when there isn't a new episode :bawling:

I'm not sure if anyone mentioned this earlier, but I noticed that the beers LG and Luna were drinking at the end of EP13 had the word "Rise" on them, which probably is a reference to how LG might time travel (and maybe a reference to the non-living things floating or something like that) ??? 

Also I have a question...Since doppelgängers share the same fate (as in, if they are alive, they must be alive together, and if they die, they'll essentially die somehow together or else they'll get the lightning scar???) how does that relationship work with JTE and Luna? Since Luna is sick, there's either a chance JTE is fated to die w/ her (somehow), or they both end up living. There needs to be a balance, so I find it interesting how Luna is suffering from some life threatening illness, but JTE isn't so far. Any thoughts on this? I know we treated Sin Jae as an exception, but it seems like his doppelgänger is indeed alive (from the EP 14 preview). 

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, Geolyvseven said:

I can also kinda understand Luna's situation and felt bad for her in some situations but poisoning LG and stabbing JTE is over the board thats where she lost. Can she redeem herself at this point? I don't see that happening. 

The PM wanted LG in order to become the queen and if she is not having that she will seek to destroy him. You either give her what she wants or she will ruin you type of person is dengerous and villianous even from the beginning

Even if Luna sacrifices herself - she’s not going to be redeemed.  Unless if the writers throw us for a loop and JTE murdered her family as a toddler or something.  But we can see why she does what she does.  We can see why she wants JTE’s life.  We don’t have to like it, or forgive her, but she has motivation. 

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

I just want to defend JY's point of view when it comes to LG and JTE's relationship. He already explained to SJ that he was with LG since he was 4 or 5 years old literally they grew up together. He looked LG not only as a body guard or a friend but more on family. Yes he is against with their relationship because logically he believes that they can't be together since that they are from different world. Because he knows LG that much he knows that it will really hurt him at the end since he can't be with the love of his life also this is the 1st time that he fell in love with the girl that he cannot have till the end.

If we have a brother or sister that we think their relationship will just fall apart in the end of course we will try to do our part to intervene same goes of what is JY is trying to do. He just want to protect LG.

I really want to talk to JY and tell him I know where he is coming from and his intention is to protect our dear King. But love will finds its way because love conquers all. Love moves in mysterious ways. As JTE'S 9th rule of 17 do not conclude in advance since they are not there yet. 

Hoping everyone reading this post is safe and healthy. :heart:

• Like 8
  • Love 9
  • Insightful 1

53 minutes ago, x2020 said:

We do know that he is good with his sword. Ep 11 and 12 - slashing away at the minions.

• Like 4
  • Love 6