syntyche

OH MY GOD

WHEN SHE MADE HIM THE WRAP

HE SAID

"I guess you like wrapping stuff"

AND HER DAD JUST O.O

BAD KING VERY BAD

OH MY GOD

okay so the chances of royal baby are now what, 0.1% chance based on the brand they used?

I need to go back to the church where time stopped I have to make confession

WHERE IS THE PRIEST

• Naughty 3
  • LOL 15

15 minutes ago, scrawford said:

I think the time travel has nothing to do with the Flute, but more like getting access to the place between 0 and 1 and they can go back in time from that in between place or go to the future? and this episode is showing that LG and LR had a realization that they can do it. I understand from LG side, as he is just now getting all of this revelation, but LR? the guy has been on this for 25 years and he just now realize it? okay, i will cut KES some slack on this one.

This should make up for the hundreds of complaints that she got from me out of this episode alone. 

He hasn’t been on it for 25 years. He’s been living in the in between to delay aging. I did the math awhile back and if I can recall correctly, 152 days in between = 25 years real world. Considering he has to come out and eat and drink and get shiz done, he probably at most spent 1-3 years outside. So while it seems like he’s been working up his plan for over 2 decades, it’s actually much shorter than that. 

His interaction with supposed "JTE" seemed Stiff for two people who are lovey doves, no? and even after he found out that she was not JTE, Luna just sat there, not even making eye contact, and it was just LG there talking to himself and Luna has no reaction at all. I'm sure there is a reason for how LUNA acted in that scene, but im back to how i feel about this episode, everything seems rushed, they have list of things need to be address in the drama and they are checking off that list.

1) Acceptable considering “JTE” was not “JTE” and she was off to begin with. We didn’t get to see them drink so I can’t conclude how awkward it was and whether LG acted differently around her but I can tell she’s acting oddly in front of him. We got to see when LG was already suspicious of her so it makes sense why he acted the way he did. 

2) This happens all the time in dramas. It’s as though they pretend the other person isn’t even there and they’re just speaking out loud to themselves. Hahahaha. LG’s immediate reaction should have been to get rid of Luna but he was too shocked by his realization. I thought Luna acted accordingly. She’d already poisoned/drugged him and knew he was going to faint soon so she just sat by and watched.

I feel like i get dumped with so much and feeling with more questions than answers, and we are already on episode 13. Please prove me wrong KES.

Thank you! 

• Like 12
  • Insightful 1

19 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Last thing before I regret saying everything I’m saying. 

MY PROBLEM WITH LUNA: SHE IS GOING TO DIE SOON SO WHAT’S IN IT FOR HER?

Someone please enlighten me.

You should know, I still love this show. I just want it to be perfect. :D

I believe at the beginning of the drama, it said the flute can cure people.

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

OH MY GOD

WHEN SHE MADE HIM THE WRAP

HE SAID

"I guess you like wrapping stuff"

AND HER DAD JUST O.O

BAD KING VERY BAD

OH MY GOD

okay so the chances of royal baby are now what, 0.1% chance based on the brand they used?

I need to go back to the church where time stopped I have to make confession

WHERE IS THE PRIEST

Do you think that line was implying “wrapping IT up?”. :flushed:

I didn’t really understand it at first, like if something was lost in translation. I wasn’t sure if it was some subtle sexual innuendo.

If it was, there was actually quite a bit in this episode. LOL

• Like 1
  • Naughty 3
  • LOL 10

11 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

LR also mentioned organ donation, maybe he promised her whatever organ she needs? 

Wouldn’t it make sense the organs he promised is JTE’s. They’ll match 100%. But why then does Luna stab JTE and leave her on the streets to die?

I’m confusing myself. 

Holding off on any further comments until next week. 

Curse sbs for airing contagion instead of episode 13 and 14!

• Like 8
  • LOL 2

he is another lover of Peah lol:lol:

joyeongpeah.gif

Spoiler

joyeongpeah2.gif

We were supposed to watch ep 14 today,didn't see any scenes of 4 minutes trailer plus ep 13 did not satisfy us.

What will happen to JTE is she gonna die or saved by Gon?How is he gonna find to travel through the time?

I want answers madly!!!!!

I have to start working this monday after  two and a half month laziness at home so waiting gonna be extra long and tough!:bawling:

• Like 10
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, Umjicheok said:

Lady Noh said that King Hyejong brought her to KOC. Now I hope ppl theorizing that she may be Lee Lim's mother is not true.:cry:

:sweatingbullets: I'm worried about that myself.  Then wondering the fact she was 17-yrs-old and "after losing [her] parents and siblings" and in a country at war, her being vulnerable to some handsome, dashing savior who miraculously shows up out of the blue while cannons are literally firing in the background.  No wonder she'd take the strange man up on his offer.

Not to portray King Haejong as some opportunistic playboy who saw some probably quite beautiful 17-yr-old who was alone and basically in this vulnerable situation and predated on her and spirited her off to his world (where she'd be a stranger in a strange land, have no allies/friends and only really him to rely on).... but it does look rather bad from where I'm sitting.  

Then again, considering how close Lady Noh and Jong-in are in age or at least the actors portraying them are... maybe LR's parents are actually Lady Noh and Jong-in?  Maybe Haejong was truly being altruistic in trying to save even one young person, an orphan, from a wartorn country, however, hadn't anticipated his younger brother falling in love with her and getting her pregnant?  Then Haejong claims LR as his illegitimate son via a concubine to spare Jong-in's reputation and protect Lady Noh?  Lady Noh also had quite a strong reaction to Jong-in's death.  Perhaps the reaction of someone who lost someone they loved (or loved once)?

If this is the case, this would mean LR unknowingly killed his biological father.

I also think it's rather interesting Lady Noh was Jong-in's Head Court Lady until LG's father died and LG became king (Jong-in saying Lady Noh used to make those traditional donuts for him as she was part of his court once).  Not too strange since Lady Noh was presumably part of his brother's court and court would have been Jong-in until LG came of age, but again, they always did seem rather close.

Maybe Lady Noh, aside from her devotion to the royal house, devoted her life raising LG because she couldn't in a similar way for her own son?  Though I could see a drive there wanting LG to become a man that was the antithesis of what LR (in theory, her son) ended up becoming.  Her son the man that nearly destroyed the royal house to her adopted son who ultimately saves and preserves it?  Same with Jong-in, more so if LR was his son, determined to be the father figure to LG and remain loyal to him in a way he sees he wasn't and had failed in raising/guiding LR.  Aside from any family loyalty and goodness in him, it's further fueled by this intense guilt he felt over his own son becoming a monster and committing high treason having killed LG's father and nearly killed LG.  Jong-in so determined history not repeat itself compounding his stern insistent his legitimate family never set foot in KOC.

Lady Noh may have also been insistent JTE "not have too many dreams" about KOC because she herself had those "dreams" (marrying the king or the prince) and they never came true.  Instead had to watch the man (whichever man that is) she loved have to marry someone else/be married to someone else and she could only ever be a servant in a world that wasn't truly hers.  In theory, had to watch her son be raised by another woman and then LR turned out how he turned out and did what he did.   

Except Lady Noh neglecting to consider LG not being his ancestors, he's his own man who makes his own choices (and not repeat their mistakes) and he's the King of a modern Corea.  JTE isn't her and likely won't (or won't let herself) be condemned to a similar, heartbreaking fate and fight for her happiness, as well as the sanctity of two worlds, tooth & claw.  ONe story ended in tragedy with lovers from two different worlds separated and never meant to truly be together to the new, mirror story (of LG & JTE) the lovers from the two worlds who fight against all odds to be together?

• Like 3
  • Insightful 5

About LG's shooting skills

I would actually argue that the drama has hinted as much that LG is a pretty decent shooter as well as that he is not. How? ;)

His general combat abilities being hinted to be excellent (which the shooter's must be, that scene is very physical)

First clue is in the conversation with the captain at the funeral. Important to note that we had by the time we saw this scene already seen LG be pretty capable in combat (fighting a lot of thugs in the previous ep.)

"I saw that you won the rowing competition. I should have stopped you from leaving the army and made you a soldier. Right, you wouldn't have been promoted because you are not talented in combats. You came in last place in your battalion"

"Last place...I wasn't...!" *LG, protests, looks genuinely taken aback*

*The Captain laughs in response, seemingly glad to have broken LG out of his, while sincere, also very formal and serious demeanour*

*LG looks like he realizes he is being made fun of, sighs in acknowledgment and joins in the joke(?):*

"Hasn't that information been classified as the national secret yet?"

Of course I have here written how I "read" the scene so to speak, but I think it is pretty clear that the Captain is joking with LG to prompt a reaction. Sure LG's protests could also simply be embarrassment, but that is not the feeling I get when watching the whole scene. Also especially since we know him to be a very competent fighter from the previous ep. I believe that the viewer is meant to read this as a joke. I also believe that the Captain is quite serious in the first part of this exchange (marked in bold font) where he is complementing LG for having been such a good soldier. The whole exchange feels very much like old army friends joking with each other.

Side note: I wouldn't be surprised if it is the case that LG was incredibly competitive during his army service, he is very confident about his abilities throughout the drama and doesn't mind being honest - almost arrogant about them :D. We can deduce from this exchange that friends of his, like the Captain, probably know that it is therefore an easy way of making fun of him. Competitive people who take a lot of pride in being capable are often easy targets for these kinds of jokes.

LG also states very proudly to JTE in the second and third episode that he is well-trained. While JY seems confident that he can take LG in a sword fight, I think it is important to remember that JY is basically portrayed to be incredibly well-trained. So if LG is second to him , that implied that he is very very good.

In this latest episode (13), an aspect of LG realizing that he is the shooter is that he remembers that the shooter was very good.

About the shooting range

So this is the big one. Why is LG so bad at target-shooting at the shooting range? First I want to point out that LG is very confident in his ability to win that lion before he starts. Couldn't his confidence be a clue that he is normally very good at target-shooting? But then of course he fails, and we know from the fact that JTE later aces it that it is not rigged so what is going on?

- The whole scenario could just be a joke on the protagonist behalf - as it seemingly plays out as - the joke being that he is not as good as he thinks OR

- In the same ep we see JTE at a real shooting range practicing with SJ. SJ aces it while JTE performs slightly worse but still does pretty well. She states that "quick-firing is a bit hard". Of course later when she's at the shooting range with LG she absolutely aces it (only needing seven bullets). These two scenes together could be read as suggesting that she aces it because she is better at normal target shooting than quick-firing. So the drama has here for some reason decided to show that that a character can be worse/better at one than the other. So while JTE is better at normal target shooting, LG could by the same logic be (perhaps even much) better at quick-firing than he is at normal target shooting.

The skill sets employed for the respective "styles" are also slightly different. In normal target shooting you normally take your time to aim but when you do quick-firing you are meant to rely on your (hopefully) well-ingrained muscle memory and shooting "sense" so to speak. If you think too much or for too long you will more often than not do worse since you will overthink it basically. If LG is very good at quick-firing that implies that his muscle memory is very good. And I also don't think it is uncommon for someone who is very well-trained with real weapons, relying on muscle memory, to be quite a lot worse when handling noticeable lighter play-variants. LG's muscle memory could even be what stops him from adjusting to the extent that he needs to to do well on the shooting range.

This is just a theory though, I don't do any kind of shooting myself - this is more based on my own observations when it comes to how different modes of seemingly similar sports or games can be to their real-life counterpart. 

A slightly boring reason that LG is so good as the shooter in that scene could be that he remembers it so well from being a kid. I kinda think that would be cheating (from the writer's part) though. 

• Like 8
  • Insightful 13

LG has clearly mentioned to JTE that he needs to go back in time to prevent Lee Rim from taking half of the Manpasikjoek. Theres no way to make it whole again. So more than saving TE or anyone else this is his main purpose? 

There were two more time stop numbers circled on the blackboard. Maybe thats when LR took the pregnant lady to ROK and came back? In the last episode they hadn't been switched yet right? Maybe PM Koo told LR not to kill her but just switch her? 

• Like 12
  • Insightful 1

I woke up ..and can't sleep. My head is still spinning because of KES. She always gives us unpredictable plots. We keep saying LG wants to travel back timeline to fix everything, but we never thought that LR has an intention to do it so. My goodness!....

• Like 9
  • LOL 3

2 hours ago, Heretorant said:

How did LG come up with the conclusion that doppelgängers who kill their counterpart are strike with lightning? Where did he get that from? Has he ever witnessed any of them killing the other to know? He, himself, did not kill his counterpart so why would he come up with that conclusion? 

He came to that conclusion the same way @bebebisous33 and some of us did last week. When he talked with the forensic doctor about the autopsy of the traitor (about who he knows that he killed his doppelganger), she also told him that she saw these burn scars as the cause of death by other three corpses and that all those people committed parricide, that is, the murder of their family members.

Spoiler

0lFEmeL.jpguIaFDti.jpg217Nc1r.jpguONRGcd.jpgaJPu9zh.jpghlZnaOX.jpg

Lee Gon realizes that they must have killed them because those family members must have eventually realized that they are not their real relatives, the same way ES's younger sister did. Plus he knows SR has the burn scar as well and TE told him that she met her in the Republic; while on the other hand, ES and TE don't have those scars. Knowing all this, it's easy for LG to come to the conclusion that it's those who killed their doppelganger  who have the scars.

However, what bothers him is the fact that he has that scar even if he didn't kill his so how come he gets being burned as well. That's what the conversation with ES is about. It's clearly not a bad translation. ES wonders what it is that LG has that he doesn't and LG answers that he has the the scars of those who killed their families. And from the way he says it, you can feel the question mark there - he is wondering why he has it. So clearly there must be a catch.

7mXeuVh.jpgtOzesBK.jpgBDlUQG6.jpg

• Like 6
  • Insightful 7
  • Thanks 4

Okay so you know when Voldemort killed Lily, and Harry was protected by her blood magic until GOF when Voldemort was resurrected with Harry’s blood?

They focused a couple times now about the blood when bb LG sliced LR’s hand, and the blood from his neck.  Could there be something going on there with their blood?  LR still had LG’s blood on him when he killed Ji Hun, and the flute being made out of wood probably has their blood both mixed.  The scars also look like it’s burning through their arteries?  

I’m a super squeamish person so this post was super hard to write omg 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 15