[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

7 minutes ago, Hikki said:

It is pretty obvious it’s the PM, and she has confirmed it at several instances in Ep13:

• her first meeting with TE outside the KU building - while in the hallway with TE
  • their chance encounter at Gwanghwamun (I’m still at odds whether this was deliberate) - TE herself confirmed it in her convo with LG

She has shown to be extremely strategic and caught on quickly with LR’s schemes. Her dismissal, walking out with the heels bought in RoK, cemented her place on the opposing side. 

I just thought that the PM that met TE at the palace lacks a bit of finesse in the way she speaks and carries herself compared to the PM we have seen in the past eps. But definitely can't wait for Friday!!! Don't know how to keep sane 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

32 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

Based on the reaction of the care center administrator upon seeing SJ, yes we can deduce that SJ doppelganger is alive.  My theory on the scars has never been about "who killed their counterparts".  It is that their counterparts have been killed or died of natural causes. 

But this current possible revelation of SJ''s doppelganger being alive doesn't invalidate my previous theory because as you can see in the updated table below, those who have NO SCARS - as in SJ's case - is still consistent (blue & black font) with the rest of scar-free gang e.g. TE/Luna, JY/ES, Nari/Seung Ah, Palace spy/SJ's mom's doppelganger.

Chinggu, I just want to say how much I appreciate the excel table you created for us. YOU HAVE MY BIGGEST RESPECT!!! 

Gosh I love this fandom. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

Gemini is the astrological sign of JTE right but what if there is a deeper meaning. What if they are twins and one was brought to the other world. That is why Luna has no identity and  parents and has cancer.

(sorry if this was posted before)

Re: sbs, I think SBS is going to cancel another episode next week just to make the finale a two-part episode shown in the same weekend. Because I think it will kill the momentum if the finale is shown in another week before the penultimate episode. I also think they planned on cancelling beforehand because they changed the airing date of the drama to follow TKEM from a specific date in June to just June weeks ago.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 6

LG AS SAVIOUR OF HIMSELF

In the 1st place, LG as a saviour is a no brainer to any self-respecting LMH fan or those who are familiar with his work.  As I mentioned in my previous post about this, the saviour got that City Hunter vibe & let's face it, LMH has that hard-to-miss silhouette. So in terms of plot development, am sure the production team knows that this is a dead give-away.

It does not discount the possibility of multiple saviours, based on the shoes and the overall timing of that regicide sequence. (I posted that somewhere in this forum).

To even confirm that LG is the saviour NOW w/ 3 more episodes to go should clue us in that there is more to be revealed about the regicide scene.

I still maintain the multiple saviour theory. Of course, at this point who knows, right? haha

ps:  LMH again did well in that scene when he figured out the saviour thing.

• Like 8
  • Love 5

I think we can be pretty sure that the one lying in the care centre room is the real SJ. Question is, why did LR keep a person in coma alive for 25 years? It's obviously not out of charity. 

PM and LR are likely working with each other for mutual benefit, with her misogynist hating nature making it impossible that she would work under him. The switch of the pregnant sister-in-law from KOC to ROK should not have happened. LR had made it clear to the ROK version that to obtain the life of the KOC version, all she needs to do is kill her. PM most likely requested the switch, wanting her SIL to suffer poverty. She has the power to make decisions in this partnership, that would be the only way she'd be willing to work with him. 

JY has been off ever since the lift encounter with LJH's mom. The drama has yet to explain why he was chosen to be planted beside LG ever since he was 4. I hope the last 3 episodes will at least explain this. 

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1

11 hours ago, cpt_falcon said:
11 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

I think Luna's priorities have changed since she got to ROK.  She originally went because why the hell not, and snagged all of LR's money.  But we can see her start changing once she experienced her father's love.  I think she just wants LOVE.  She kissed SJ right away, maybe she thought he was her boyfriend.  Her dad made her food, teased her, and takes care of her.  She has a job on the other side of the law now.  I think she likes JTE's life, and who JTE is.  She put the stars up on the van.  I don't think she was just in pain from her illness, I think her heart hurt because JTE is back to claim her life, and Luna's back to living as a criminal in her van.

LOVE this!

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, violet.ears said:

I think we can be pretty sure that the one lying in the care centre room is the real SJ. Question is, why did LR keep a person in coma alive for 25 years? It's obviously not out of charity. 

PM and LR are likely working with each other for mutual benefit, with her misogynist hating nature making it impossible that she would work under him. The switch of the pregnant sister-in-law from KOC to ROK should not have happened. LR had made it clear to the ROK version that to obtain the life of the KOC version, all she needs to do is kill her. PM most likely requested the switch, wanting her SIL to suffer poverty. She has the power to make decisions in this partnership, that would be the only way she'd be willing to work with him. 

JY has been off ever since the lift encounter with LJH's mom. The drama has yet to explain why he was chosen to be planted beside LG ever since he was 4. I hope the last 3 episodes will at least explain this. 

I also think the it was PM who made LL to just make the switch and not kill the pregnant lady. She also said in the previous episode that I hope  you give birth in this Kingdom for the child. I think the pregnant lady is kept alive either because PM wants her to suffer in poverty or for the baby because killing her would also be killing the baby.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

8 minutes ago, natadecoco said:

I have question

Why koo eun a being killed? I mean. Doesn't thr objective of LR if pm Koo from KOC didn't obey she will be replaced with Koo from RoK?

I think LL thinks it's easier to work with PM anyway since she has full knowledge of the workings of KOC and she won't need to be "taught" unlike her doppelganger eun a.

Also since being a PM means that you're pretty much in the spotlight so if the doppelganger effs up something in trying to seem like the PM then the whole game plan is over

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, violet.ears said:

One theory is that LR fathered SJ (the move that was a mistake). If true, that may explain why the Palace Spy Mom changed identity: to hide her affair with LR and hide her background from OkNam.

That gives SJ a royal bloodline but still not qualified for succession.

• Like 8

Is it just me or Lee Rim's doppelganger plan really flopped? all those doppelgangers keep getting themselves caught and I'm here like here we go another one bites the dust :phew:

All his hopes are on Luna now and even if she kills Taeeul, I think she will eventually backstab him. 

Poor guy. he'll be remembered because thanks to him our otp met each other. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 7

11 hours ago, Umjicheok said:

That is not going to be small change for all of us here.:joy:

Can anyone clarify whether:

The forensic doctor in KOC is dopplegangler of ROC forensic doctor (who is chief's wife) ?

I am quoting my quote since ppl could have missed it due to LTE speed of this thread. :lol:

I am asking because we were all thinking whether there is importance of chief and his wife since they got some scenes  and doubtful interactions OR may be they thought it is convenient to shoot with same actress since it is smart to show other doppleganglers who are not directly related with crossing over.

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

11 hours ago, Heretorant said:

Last thing before I regret saying everything I’m saying. 

MY PROBLEM WITH LUNA: SHE IS GOING TO DIE SOON SO WHAT’S IN IT FOR HER?

Someone please enlighten me.

You should know, I still love this show. I just want it to be perfect. :D

The lure in LR's HEAD, is that she will be given a cure for her sickness. And then w/ TE out of the way, she can enjoy TE's life. She experienced the wonderful connections that TE has in Korea & while her life in Corea is abject

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:
12 hours ago, Umjicheok said:
12 hours ago, kimchijjigae said:

Yup I think so. He's probably the one in the locked room at the care center that's why the hospital manager(?) was so surprised to see him when he's supposed to be in a coma. 

That will also support LG's theory that the scars are those who killed their counterparts. SJ does not have scars because his counterpart is still alive. 

Just realized that LG is making theories as well. Maybe he can join this soompi forum :D

I was thinking about his statement. If he said that the scars are those who killed their counterparts then how come he has the scar? His counterpart is not killed by him. Either the translation was not correct or I don't recall properly hence I didn't mention it :sweatingbullets: 

Based on the reaction of the care center administrator upon seeing SJ, yes we can deduce that SJ doppelganger is alive.  My theory on the scars has never been about "who killed their counterparts".  It is that their counterparts have been killed or died of natural causes. 

@mychoiyoung hats off to you for figuring this out. If I’m keeping score, this thread has generated 6 correct theories:

1) I am Sec Mo. Sec Mo is me. 
2) SJ is from KOC

3) LG is traveling from the future

4) Yo-yo girl

5) LG is the savior or one of the savior at least (this one is cheating because like you suggested, any CH fans could spot his hotness from a mile away) 

6) the reason behind the lightning scars 

I’m going to add to number 6. I believe they have to kill their counterparts. 

@Umjicheok Why does LG have it even though he didn’t kill his counterpart? He is wondering the same thing too. We are missing a piece here. 

My theory? The sword holds the answer. LG has the lightning scars because he is the sage called upon to defeat the evil with the four tiger sword. 

“The sky bestows the heart upon us, and the ground helps the spirit. The sun and the moon are formed. As the mountains and streams form, lightning strikes. A sage is moved to defeat the evil of the mountains and stream. Wield it with deep thoughts and make things right.”

I’m going to die on this hill. We’ve been shown the four tiger sword over and over again and the engraving has been voiced several times. There must be a reason. LG just needs to recall the engraving on the sword. It will click! He’ll realize the meaning behind his scars and know he must use the sword to defeat the evil. 

The reason why I eliminate natural deaths is because it would complicate things for JTE if Luna dies. I believe the scars must be a side effect of two things combined: killing your counterpart + living in the world you don’t belong. 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 17

14 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

@Umjicheok Why does LG have it even though he didn’t kill his counterpart? He is wondering the same thing too. We are missing a piece here. 

My theory? The sword holds the answer. LG has the lightning scars because he is the sage called upon to defeat the evil with the four tiger sword. 

The sky bestows the heart upon us, and the ground helps the spirit. The sun and the moon are formed. As the mountains and streams form, lightning strikes. A sage is moved to defeat the evil of the mountains and stream. Wield it with deep thoughts and make things right.”

I’m going to die on this hill. We’ve been shown the four tiger sword over and over again and the engraving has been voiced several times. There must be a reason. LG just needs to recall the engraving on the sword. It will click! He’ll realize the meaning behind his scars and know he must use the sword to defeat the evil. 

The reason why I eliminate natural deaths is because it would complicate things for JTE if Luna dies. I believe the scars must be a side effect of two things combined: killing your counterpart + living in the world you don’t belong. 

I agree it makes sense. I initially thought may be he is also responsible for breaking the flute, he is cursed with the lightening/ reminded by the lightening to join the flute.

Also I don't think dopplegangler experiences lightening even if his/her counterpart dies due to natural causes because let's take sin jae for example. If he was not switched and ROK sin jae was not able to survive ,then KOC sin jae would experience the pain even though he didn't do anything. So  we should exclude natural deaths.

Ok after seeing Gemini constellation on JTE's bed and in Luna's van , I feel they are twins .

I don't think Luna put that stickers after seeing them in JTE's room. Infact her look was like , 'oh even she has the same thing'.

Edit: 

@Jad068  I just saw that you mentioned abt possibility of JTE-Luna being twins. So I am not the only one who felt like that:lol:

Edited by Umjicheok
Added
  • Like 7
  • Insightful 4

23 minutes ago, natadecoco said:

I have question

Why koo eun a being killed? I mean. Doesn't thr objective of LR if pm Koo from KOC didn't obey she will be replaced with Koo from RoK?

Exactly! They can replace her easily if they wanted to.

So wouldn’t you think pm Koo would take it upon herself to kill off her counterpart? She’s a smart girl. She knows if she can convince LR to take her to ROK, she can get rid of her counterpart and LR will have nothing on her. My guess, she killed her counterpart without LR asking. Or it was the deal. “I’ll join hands with only if we kill my counterpart.” 

19 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

One theory is that LR fathered SJ (the move that was a mistake). If true, that may explain why the Palace Spy Mom changed identity: to hide her affair with LR and hide her background from OkNam.

That gives SJ a royal bloodline but still not qualified for succession.

I wish we would have gotten clarity on why SJ was exchanged when pyeha met up with his mother. Why not wrap it up there? It was the perfect opportunity! 

Debunking the theory that SJ’s father is LR with the fact that his father in ROK is in jail and obviously could not have been LR’s counterpart, who was handicapped and is dead. 

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

The lure in LR's HEAD, is that she will be given a cure for her sickness. And then w/ TE out of the way, she can enjoy TE's life. She experienced the wonderful connections that TE has in Korea & while her life in Corea is abject

Luna will soon find out there is no way she can have TE's life. LG caught her out within minutes and her colleagues including SJ would, too. TE has too many close friends for Luna not to get caught. The reason LR was successful with others was because those closest to the swapped were already swapped! For example, the pregnant lady's husband in KoC was already swapped; the father of the chaebol son in RoK was also already swapped.

Luna was streetwise enough to know that she was being used, but she still went ahead and stole the few minutes of "happiness" she could - having a nice father, a home cooked meal, a decent room and bed and a kiss. She went with LR's flow to poison LG. But I guess what she gave was only a drug, and LG won't die. And she didn't steal LG's flute. I believe Luna still has that decency within her. 

• Like 10