[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

51 minutes ago, Jad068 said:

BTW, how did Luna know Jo Young was in RoK? Since when PM met JY, Luna already left LL and has stolen the money. Did she met LL again and LL informed her about JY? And isn’t it suspicious that JY left and a few moments later Luna came in. Something fishy is going on with JY. I wonder what happened in the elevator scene. 

(in half-joking note) Is JY in love with LG? He seemed to be against the JTE/LG ship and was seen backing up KSJ. And he knew that KSJ LIKES JTE AND IT’S ONE-SIDED. And remember, he said to KSJ that HIS RELATIONSHIP WITH LG IS LIKE THAT OF KSJ AND JTE. So does he mean he likes LG too and it’s one-sided? Curious. Is that why he allow Luna (with JTE’s face) poison LG so he can show LG how dangerous RoK is and he can come in as savior of LG after the poisoning. He seems to blame it on JTE on the previews. Hmmm suspicious (kidding but this theory is taking root in my brain hahaha)

re: shooter. I think some of the shooting scenes was reshown again in the credits and they confirmed in there that LG is the savior. Unless that is another red-herring again.

this! i found it weird too, like how luna knows where's lee gon stay. and she entered right after JY goes out. it so fishy. LL doesn't know where LG stayed. so it's so weird

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Spring Lady said:

this! i found it weird too, like how luna knows where's lee gon stay. and she entered right after JY goes out. it so fishy. LL doesn't know where LG stayed. so it's so weird

She grew up on the streets and she is street smart she found LG the same way she found LL's money. She tracked JTE or JY to find him

• Like 7
  • Love 2

22 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

Okay I’m watching episode 1 again and we have another mystery.  The rabbit costumed person that somehow made it to the palace - LG chases after them and that’s how he found the portal.  As he crosses, TE sees a glimpse of Luna in her mirror, which we know now is because the gateway opens and you can see your parallel self.  Luna is in the rabbit sweatshirt.  So within minutes (ish) of LG chasing a rabbit outfit person, TE sees Luna wearing that exact outfit. 

So how and why did Luna run around the horse training grounds?

I am curious about why is Luna acting as a decoy for LG to follow her and lead him to the bamboo forest. She had not met LG and has no interest in the King, and so far I do not see the connection between the rabbit (Luna), LG and the portal. I thought she was leading him there at first but so far it seems she has no interest in him until she was kidnapped by LR.

16 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

Who is King Jung Eun Chae?

15 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

As I’m watching the episode, we’re having a MASSIVE thunderstorm outside. 

No burning skin yet for me, so I hope parallel universe me is having a nice day 

I am in your area and witnessed the massive thunderstorm early this morning while watching TKEM. Thought it was from the drama at first and realized it was real LOL

5 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

Also is that outfit JTE’s kink or something bc she was VERY pleased that he was going to wear it.  

LG should have realized immediately it was Luna when she did not compliment him on the outfit that she bought for him. Red Flag!

4 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Here I am again with another question.  Did Luna poison LG (1) with the intent to kill him or (2) to incapacitate him to steal his half of the flute.  Maybe we won't know until next week?

Good question, intent to kill or to steal flute?

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 6

52 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Luna is a good villain.  

She’s accepted that she has no parents, no love, no family, no job, money, nothing.  She lives in a van on the run, and KGE’s acting is so good that you feel bad for her.  She’s kind in her own way to those weaker than her - children and animals.  She’s been dealt this hand and she’ll deal with it - and she’s going to die soon.

But then comes this girl who’s her carbon copy and lives the life that she wants.  I think it’s also very telling that while all of LR’s other people were seduced by either power or wealth (or both), he preyed on the fact that Luna has no love or family.  Luna was only won over by ROK when she experienced love. 

I think she’s going to lose her shiznits after she sees what LG/JTE share.  If she’s willing to take down LG after experiencing just a few days with JTE’s dad and friends, and one bland kiss with Sin Jae...she’s not going to be able to handle the kind of love LG has for JTE.   

She’s deranged, but we can see why she’s that way!   She’s sympathetic because what else does she know?  

I wish PM had a story like this.  I actually really appreciated PM’s story until now.  She’s been sidelined and marginalized by those with power over her.  She rose from the mud and became powerful in her own right.  She deserves being Prime Minister, she worked hard to get there and the early episodes tell us that whether for ratings or not, she did right by the people and was popular. 

And then she went and murdered a perfectly innocent person.  Without even needing to think about it, that’s what makes her even more terrifying.  She literally just found out about the other world - from someone she spent 25 years learning about that is evil, and then within a few days, straight up murdered that girl. 

I wonder what's with the shoes that's important which Lee Rim choosen for her ... the only thing that she took with her when she was ordered to leave the office

• Like 4

5 hours ago, ms_inquiry said:

Okay so my favourite scene from this episode was basically LG, JTE and JTE's dad eating lunch :D. I realize that it is quite unlikely given how few episodes are left but wouldn't it be hilarious to see how JTE's dad reacts to finding out and understanding who LG really is? I mean from his perspective his daughter is dating this seemingly nice and polite but slightly strange man with a horse... How would he react to the fact that LG is literally the King of an alternative united Korea?    

I demand this to be included in the future episodes. It’s NEEDED to complete their love story. If she is going to be his queen, her father must know the truth. We better get it! For all the times we watched and rewatched and all the time we spent writing and rewriting theories, it’s the very least we deserve! 

5 hours ago, Amy323 said:
  1. What did LR mean when he told PM Koo that at least her parents respected him and listened to him?
  2. The flowers that LG gave to JTE back in ep 10 were hanging in her room. Does this mean that LG had time traveled before? If yes, then what timeline are we currently in ?
  3. I'm really hoping that the part about Lady Noh being from ROK was not just for the sake of a cliffhanger and that there's more  to it. Could LG's grandfather have played a role in this?
  4. Is it possible that Luna drugged LG so that she could give his half of the flute to LR so that he could travel back in time as there were two LR in the next preview? I hope I'm making sense lol :grimace:

The preview left us hanging again. How are we going to survive this week?

Sorry, I’m backtracking and saw your post. I’m not sure if anyone answered you already but here is my take:

1) I think LR simply meant the whole nation respected and listened to him to some extent. He was apart of the royal family after all. Of course, this is before he committed treason and got most of the nation to turn against him.

2) Yes, future LG came back at the end of episode 10 to meet present JTE. That was real. Present LG will eventually follow these steps. 

3) I think it plays a part already. It tells us restoring the flute as a whole does not mean the gates will close. It’s pointing at a way for LG and JTE to be together. I don’t think this is the last we will hear of it too. There’s probably more to it. 

4) The possibility is there but I don’t think Luna will succeed. I’m also hesitant to believe time traveling is because of the flute alone. I’m leaning towards the flute is the key that opens to the world in between and how they will be able to travel in time is by finding the right point in that world. Just my theory. 

• Like 12

@Heretorant before i get back to backtracking, I just have to say this: I laughed so hard at Secretary Mo’s reaction when LG said to postpone the wedding because TE hasn’t given an answer yet. Reminded me of when you say “Secretary Mo is me. I am Secretary Mo.” i can totally see your reaction like that :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 12

@CallieP PNW?  It was so freaking bizarre!  The thunder actually woke me up at about 6:45 and I fell back asleep dreaming about the stupid show and it woke me up again around 7:30.  It is REALLY freaky watching the lightning scars show up on the characters and then your room light up with it too.  

At one point, the lightning flashed during the scene where they were taking about the frozen time and I jumped. 

On the other hand, it was actually really cool too lol.

Y’all, I recommend watching this show during a thunderstorm.  It’s like an episode of Black Mirror. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 4

2 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Finished the episode! I had three initial reactions:

PM: That’s all she gets? Her position is gone and she still gets to walk with heels out. Seems like Peyha didn’t actually behead that other traitor. So PM’s head will have to stay. I will just resort to this:

LG: I knew he was the savior because of that dang 4 min spoiler. But I still teared up a bit because LMH sold it to me with his expression of realization in a moment of desperation to hold onto his life poisoned by Luna.

Luna: I feel bad for the life she had but after this episode, she either chose her own path or is actually following LR’s orders. im starting to not like her..<_<

tenor.gif?itemid=9803275

I feel the same way too.

Right now, with just 3 episodes left. I hope PM Koo and LR will just be dead by episode 14.

1 hour ago, nrbrown said:

JY IS SUCH A NAGGER. Phew, got that out of the way. :sweatingbullets:

First he nags that JTE’s a criminal. Then he nags to JTE that our fav couple can’t be together because they are from different worlds. You better believe he was going to mention something to LG before he left to get drinks. 
And then he tempts SJ. 

So JY the Nagger will be his title in my black book for now. 

Right??

I was so close to throwing a rag at him to shut him off.

tenor.gif?itemid=9202461

But I doubt JY is changing sides. He's just being concern for LG I guess but... he needs to know when to keep his mouth shut before he has the whole army of the Monarch coming down on him for being such a wet blanket. Lol

1 hour ago, cpt_falcon said:

Oh, I'm sure it was an advertisement too. :lol:  However, my immediate thought - even though there'd be little chance she'd show any signs so crazy early - but in cliche TV Land (though it's sometimes true to life), when one character comments on another character having "glowing skin", it's often a pregnancy hint.  That whole cliche about how pregnant woman are just glowing and whatnot.  The other comment hint a pregnancy arc is about to happen, when a character comments on a female character's shiny hair.  

LOL. I was actually laughing at the glowing part because they have done the deed!

@Heretorant looks like we missed this part initially. LOL

58 minutes ago, Geolyvseven said:

I can also kinda understand Luna's situation and felt bad for her in some situations but poisoning LG and stabbing JTE is over the board thats where she lost. Can she redeem herself at this point? I don't see that happening. 

The PM wanted LG in order to become the queen and if she is not having that she will seek to destroy him. You either give her what she wants or she will ruin you type of person is dengerous and villianous even from the beginning

Luna and PM koo are the reason my regret is intensifying. 

I like them and they broke my heart.

To be fair. I don't like Luna, then she gave me hope when she robbed LR and then she broke my heart when she poisoned LG and now stab JTE.

Girl.... just die already!!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 11

I appreciate the fact that they developed Luna despite us not being introduced to her for a very long time (unlike characters like Sin Jae or ES/JY), and it's been done very convincingly, so props to KES & KGE for being able to do that .^.

We see Luna's motivations, her pain (physical & emotional), how her circumstances drove her to be the tough, resourceful person she is, and her desperation & jealousy too. And yet, we are also led down the path of not totally rooting for her even though we see her walls come down a bit and see her struggles & empathise with her to some extent.

That's what I find really nicely done. That we are able to in such a short time, see Luna as a good AND bad person, and that's constructed (KES) & executed (KGE) with quite a bit of depth in the short time we've been able to see Luna for!

• Like 10
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 2

I still haven't adjusted my "predictions" based on what we've seen in the show and the previews, but I just want to say the things that bugged me about this episode:

1.   Jo Yeong.  My golly what is his purpose, and what is the purpose of this character even?!?  It's like he exists only to plant a seed of doubt in viewers' minds that the main relationship can't possibly happen because of how distant they are.  It's starting to annoy me.  Even poor Shin Jae is already resigned to the fact that his feelings are not reciprocated, but Jo Yeong even went there.  Ugh.

2.   Why didn't JTE tell LG about what she just learned from Lady Noh?  Was she assuming that he already knows?  Because the perfect time to tell him was in that courtyard, when he was speculating about what will happen when the flute is one whole again.  Because of what Lady Noh told her, she KNOWS that it is possible to cross worlds even when the flute is one and not broken.  It's not the fact that the flute was open that created the door to the parallel worlds.

3.   And again, why didn't JTE warn LG about Luna?   The last scene would have been avoided if she had at least told him!  COMMUNICATION, PEOPLE!!!

• Like 9
  • Insightful 3

1 minute ago, gwin said:

2.   Why didn't JTE tell LG about what she just learned from Lady Noh?  Was she assuming that he already knows?  

3.   And again, why didn't JTE warn LG about Luna?   The last scene would have been avoided if she had at least told him!  COMMUNICATION, PEOPLE!!!

I can only think that Lady Noh did tell JTE not to share what they conversed to anyone.

I would like to think that JTE is keeping the promise.

But for JTE not to warn LG about Luna?

This drives me mad too.

Aargh

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Hahaha. The next time he leaves and returns kid is 2 years 

Haha... ya... sad though.. when i see the expatriates in my country... that happens to them too. Under contract for 2 or 3 years, go bk, wife pregnant and then leave again... sad for the wife n kids...

Lets not go there... lets think happy moments!:D

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, gwin said:

1.   Jo Yeong.  My golly what is his purpose, and what is the purpose of this character even?!?  It's like he exists only to plant a seed of doubt in viewers' minds that the main relationship can't possibly happen because of how distant they are.  It's starting to annoy me.  Even poor Shin Jae is already resigned to the fact that his feelings are not reciprocated, but Jo Yeong even went there.  Ugh.

2.   Why didn't JTE tell LG about what she just learned from Lady Noh?  Was she assuming that he already knows?  Because the perfect time to tell him was in that courtyard, when he was speculating about what will happen when the flute is one whole again.  Because of what Lady Noh told her, she KNOWS that it is possible to cross worlds even when the flute is one and not broken.  It's not the fact that the flute was open that created the door to the parallel worlds.

1. JY is just being realistic. He’s shown to be capable of improvising but not the type to think out of the box. 

2. Lady Noh made TE promise to keep the conversation BETWEEN them. Had she wanted LG to know, she would have revealed it eons ago.

4. This frustrates me too. Realistically our instinct would be to warn our loved ones of impending danger but in dramaland our characters seem to behave in a one-track mentality. But with LG down, it gives JY the opportunity to be his ‘Unbreakable Sword’ again by coming back in time from a soju run to rush him to the hospital lol

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Wait I thought LG was the first to know about Luna?  He’s the one who figured that people were getting swapped and killed, and that Luna had been switched with JTE?

I don't think LG knows that JTE and Luna are switched and Luna is out and about in ROK.

He was supposed to be finding Luna and he found JTE instead on that epic rescue scene night.

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, gwin said:

I still haven't adjusted my "predictions" based on what we've seen in the show and the previews, but I just want to say the things that bugged me about this episode:

1) I think it’s because LG is like his brother and he has come to care for JTE as a sister. In the beginning he’s obviously suspicious of her as he wants to protect LG. However, after getting to know her, he can see they love each other. But logically, he can’t see how they can possibly have future together. If LG and JTE must stay in their own worlds to restore balance and the gates must close, he wants to make sure JTE will be taken care of. He know SJ will be the best person to do that in ROK if LG isn’t there.

2) Lady Noh probably told her not to tell. Or told JTE she will tell LG herself. Since it’s her own story, JTE will respect that. Or maybe LG knows already but us viewers aren’t aware. Lol

3) I have no clue about this one. :lol: I’m going to chalk it up to this just being a drama. Hahaha Or again, maybe she did tell him and us viewers didn’t see. Like how ES found the bug in his hospital room while doing his security check. :sweat_smile:

• Like 5
  • LOL 5