[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

What are the chances that LG won't want to be King after this? 

• He snuck out so much that Yeong had guards all over the place, including his bathroom
  • He frequently disappeared for weeks at a time, even before crossing the universes
  • He seemed to fit in really well in ROK, despite some adjustment issues.  He was the one to suggest they live a normal life for an evening
  • His name's being smeared all over the media in Corea
  • He's gone on like, 3 murder sprees in one week
  • JTE doesn't want to be Queen
  • The fight for the throne that he never really wanted has taken his father, Buyeong, and even his uncle Lee Rim, who he seemed to have a good relationship with prior to the night of treason

He's a really good King who was beloved by the people, but he honestly seemed to be just doing his duty and going through the motions (very well, of course). 

They also seem to be setting up an heir storyline, and I honestly don't know if I would want to see JTE become an actual Queen and have her kids be the next King and have to face something like this.  LG's shown to be in love with JTE, but he also enjoys her world.  She's just in love with LG. 

GUYS, IT'S MEGXIT ALL OVER AGAIN!

Does that mean Jung Eun Chae is Boris Johnson omg

• Like 3
  • LOL 14

40 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

That's what I have been thinking. There were police cars, yet only the cavalry was really used to protect JTE. It might look good on the surface but this appeared rather stupid as Lee Gon used the SWAT for the bookstore.

In my opinion, it does make sense: maybe LG himself gave that order, 'cause he didn't want her future queen to be shot by mistake in the mayhem. No one could recognize her, except him: he and a few of his closest guards were the only ones who could spot her in a crowd. The fact that she was wearing bright-colored clothes amid dark-clothed people was just a coincidence, and he didn't know it, so he couldn't even give directions to his subordinates. There might have been other women amongst the traitors, and nobody could tell the hostage from the killers, except for him and a bunch of his personal guards. 

• Like 10
  • Insightful 6
  • Thanks 3

OMG, what a really awesome episode.  I am glad that Lee Gon is not a hero afraid to protect his kingdom.  To some this must seem really blood thirsty but historically speaking this fight for the throne is relatively mild.  I think he realizes that if he loses this war, his people will suffer horribly under Lee Lim.  I have class tomorrow so won't be able to watch until the late evening but I can't wait to see the next episode.  Amazing ending to today's episode.  This series just keeps getting better and better.

• Like 13

48 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

I am now wondering..who exactly is it that gets shot? ES or JY? I remember they do look identical now :lol:

@Elnin Joery but he already said he is a fast learner, too..so... :phew::w00t:

@mychoiyoung i agree. That statement made by TE was declarative towards YY boy. But unlike TE, YY boy is already aware of which world they are in which is why he says “there’s only one of me. I went to the other world.” TE is still fairly confused and not sure what YY is saying. But she finds his actions suspicious. I do think that the “world” TE was referring to is “you’re here too with me..in this world..” she wasn’t referring to either parallel worlds but more like in the situation she is in. If she doesn’t remember YY boy, then it is her initiative to ask what a child is doing there with her in the situation she is in. Just my speculations lol. I am starting to confuse myself already :joy:

@vangsweetie637 I'm pretty sure it's JY gets who gets shot, he's wearing the same outfit as earlier in the day when he was talking to Nari!

Remember to keep thinking "he's wearing a vest, he's wearing a vest" :joy:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After reviewing the ep.12 preview again a few times, I change my mind about that PM in coffee shop:

1) PM in ROK coffee shop is really the PM from KOC

2) LR travels from KOC to ROK to bring PM to see for herself which makes explains why Nari said she saw herself in the ep 12 preview!

3) Picture below is probably LR and PM in KOC just before going to ROK (PM is now on LR's side; Last time I checked I don't think its possible to drive through the portal. So in KOC, the PM has a red car so unless you can now drive through the portal, that scene here and in the ep 12 preview is in KOC lol. I hope that PM is going to get what's coming for her aka a beheading for being another LR traitor !!!! :rage:

rWrr5m3.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh I bet in the end, similar to the Mad Hatter's Tea Party, the only people not frozen are just going to be LR and LG...ULTIMATE SHOWDOWN IN THE IN BETWEEN PLACE! EKKKK:grimace:

• Like 8

Maybe it’s going to be the doppelgänger?  Unless if she’s astonishingly fast at adapting, then there’s no way she would be wandering around ROK Seoul getting bubble tea since the timeline was just a few days.

Its probably doppelgänger since we saw her trying on the heels.  For some reason, she’s choosing to dress like that.  Yeong obviously recognized her, but maybe she just stared at him like that cus he’s hot AF?  

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, Keikokoko said:

There are two scenes showing us JTE's reaction to where she is. - I will call it Time loop 1 and 2 

Time loop 1 -  This scene with Yo Yo boy/girl indicating JTE realizes  "she is now in Corea"  because she says  " you are in this world, too". She only met Yoyo boy/girl once in ROK when he initiated the event of her losing her ID.  

2. Time loop 2 -  In this scene where she is driving, only then she realizes she is in Corea .

These are clues to tell us viewers that this event including her rescue by King happened before and is happening now again in different time loop. 

In Writing I understand the Timeloop concept that you explained here(As I mentioned Long Before, had TKEM been a Book it would have been very much easily be comprehensible,) but Writing to SCREEN TRANSLATION with this non-linear concept is Not at all catchable or understandable.

Visually (due to translations) it is not at all clear that JTE is not moving in a same timeline. JTE meets Fate, Fate declares himself as Fate and being in KOC and JTE escapes in Car realizing her being in KOC, they seem like the same scene to me.Whereas in Episode 10 it was very much clear LG was the future him.not present him.

I think that's where even ardent followers are thrown for a loop here.

Similar Eg-Like when JTE first came to KOC, 98% population thought that the 0-1 passage was in between the BAMBOO forest Portals, then you read a theory from BoverDramas site which also with conviction ( and with help of lack of great translations from netflix) states that IT WASN'T a flashback but in reality the 0-1 passage is somewhere near racetracks, and the scene was in chronological order. Again same in writing...Visually it makes sense like a flashback .

They need a Episode with clarity of timeloop events here to be honest.I again need KES to actually publish a book/script online to thoroughky reenjoy the story.

Both The THEORIES absolutely Makes Sense its just that Visually It isn't making me buy it.Lets ser further.

@bebebisous33 Essh LG choosing PM Koo as his Queen is a bit creepy and fascinating theory. And also how do we know that ROK one is real PM Koo not Doppleganger Eun as her ID shows , just because of her hesistant face ( I mean anyone can be creeped out with a random girl covered in bloodstains)

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

12 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Ladies, I think we need to just call it as it is. 

A full blown gunfight wouldn't have given us boiling hot LMH swinging a sword and looking like THAT.

I will wave any and all plot inaccuracies and tactical problems.

BECAUSE Y'ALL

THAT WAS SO DAMN HOT

WHERES MY INHALER

NO. FURTHER. EXPLANATION. NEEDED. 

:lol:

No seriously though, that sword has always been there. He’s bound to use it one day. And let’s just say he didn’t want to risk hurting the future queen of Corea! 

Anyway, I feel horrible over here, only contributing by pushing LG to make an inconsiderate move. You guys are awesome with all your wonderful theories! Keep them coming!

I’m sitting back, relaxing and letting the show take its course. My brain has come to acceptance that I will probably not figure out how it all ends lol. 

But I do wanna give myself a pat on the back as 1 theory I stuck by was correct: LG at the end of episode 10 is not from this time. 

I feel like I’ve won a bet :)

1 hour ago, ms_inquiry said:

I think the Time Travel will be like Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, rather than multiple time lines.

I’m in agreement. I don’t think we’re dealing with multiple timelines. 

• Like 7
  • Love 3

Hahahahaha hahahah hahaha I just had a thought 

So the ceremonial suit that LG is wearing when he says his final goodbye to JTE in ep 10

JTE thinks that it’s him saying goodbye cus she decided to not become Queen

What if it’s a fake out and she’s actually dead 

But she married him before so she got an official royal funeral

hahahahahHAHAHAHAHAH SOMEONE SHOOT ME 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 5

2 hours ago, scrawford said:

I say it again and again....those comments about him came last in the battle and not a good shooter, and not good with sword, it's all too misdirect the viewer. I can smell the BS from episode 4. LG is an amazing fighter. I just rewatched Episode 4 where the Navy captain told LG that he came last and LG was a bit taken aback by that comment and he said "I wasn't....and the *sigh...Hasn't it been classified as national secret yet". That answered is double meaning to me, it's meant to trick the viewer. It could be the fact that he came last in combat been classified as national secret, or the fact that it's not true and he is a good fighter has been classified as national secret. Why the writer tried to misdirect, idk....

It's good to make your enemy thinks that you are not capable, while you are actually really capable of defending yourself and really good at it.

That's how I commented that dialogue a few weeks ago... The fact that he's a very skilled fighter and fencer has been clear at least since he provoked the gangsters who had attacked TE and SJ in that alley and knocked them down them with his riding crop without breaking a sweat.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Ladies, I think we need to just call it as it is. 

A full blown gunfight wouldn't have given us boiling hot LMH swinging a sword and looking like THAT.

I will wave any and all plot inaccuracies and tactical problems.

BECAUSE Y'ALL

THAT WAS SO DAMN HOT

WHERES MY INHALER

I've been on ventilator since April. This might be my last straw. Oh wait, I need to time loop back to see the wedding night. Otherwise, let me die as ghost floating in the in-between space. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 9

Just now, Keikokoko said:

I've been on ventilator since April. This might be my last straw. Oh wait, I need to time loop back to see the wedding night. Otherwise, let me die as ghost floating in the in-between space. 

On June 6th 2020, a weird phenomenon happened where a large group of women all dropped dead.  They didn’t seem to know each other or have any relation other than being on Soompi.  Actor Lee Min Ho is being investigated as the main suspect, with Woo Do Hwan as a lead accomplice.  Oddly enough, even though they’re dead, we can still hear them screaming.

• Like 3
  • LOL 21

3 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

On June 6th 2020, a weird phenomenon happened where a large group of women all dropped dead.  They didn’t seem to know each other or have any relation other than being on Soompi.  Actor Lee Min Ho is being investigated as the main suspect, with Woo Do Hwan as a lead accomplice.  Oddly enough, even though they’re dead, we can still hear them screaming.

Its 3 AM here and Getting spookier as I read your posts. :astonished:.Time to sleep for me !! :lol:

• LOL 9

It makes so much sense that Lee Gon didn’t actually ask Tae Eul to marry him, or rather, that he didn’t pose his proposal as a question, since he’s never had to ask anyone for anything in the last 25 years. He has only ordered. However, he really did mean it as a question because if he didn’t he wouldn't be waiting for her answer. He wouldn’t sound as if his heart shattered when he fearfully wondered whether her answer meant a refusal. He knows it has to be her choice - he just hopes and prays that her choice will be him.

Spoiler

cf476bdc1268660c9a13e357279d4cc861adf703

e458b5777dea877c1f8b4b27ba3ba8668391af6f1f9785ac33cc48094cd6aa32e46895bc78a474ea

Also, how utterly perfect they look together?! All I want is for them to live happily ever after. Do I ask that much? Looking back at the writer’s OTP track record  in her previous two dramas, Goblin and Mr. Sunshine, I suppose I do.

1169c775b7b11daac0411c61b97dc702d9d12132

Spoiler

34049cae6a3aaefe2d406677a3e35711f203ab45

• Like 13
  • Love 8

18 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

PPL is working...I was tempted to buy this kimchi during my grocery trip. Lol

PPL is definitely working. I Am in Scandinavia and I wanna get my hands on that Kimichi I think if I search properly I can find that Kimichi in some of the local malls. :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 8
  • Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

Hahahahaha hahahah hahaha I just had a thought 

So the ceremonial suit that LG is wearing when he says his final goodbye to JTE in ep 10

JTE thinks that it’s him saying goodbye cus she decided to not become Queen

What if it’s a fake out and she’s actually dead 

But she married him before so she got an official royal funeral

hahahahahHAHAHAHAHAH SOMEONE SHOOT ME 

Ummm... then I will literally die drowning in my tears!

I’ve always said they will get married but it won’t be the end because she will die after their wedding. If writer Kim is out to get us and she wants us to cry, what can make their love story more heart wrenching is depriving them of the chance to live as a couple. And if her relation to him is “his wife” or “his queen” it deepens their bond and makes their relationship so much more sacred. The motive behind his traveling through time to save her will be even greater if she holds that title. I believe she will accept his marriage proposal tomorrow but choose to not live with him in his palace yet. And if she does then we can all prepare tissues because a marriage this early on can be no good sign. 

———————————————

I said I wouldn’t be theorizing but here I am, writing my thoughts. I just wanted to say, if LG ends up being stuck in the world in between, there’s absolutely no way he can change clothes. But as we saw at the end of episode 10, he is not wearing the same clothes as the savior. 

We know from spoiler photos that he is the savior.

So this theory, to me, is unlikely to happen. 

I still believe JTE will die. But not forever, as LG will find a beautiful solution one way or another. 

• Like 1
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

I said I wouldn’t be theorizing but here I am, writing my thoughts. I just wanted to say, if LG ends up being stuck in the world in between, there’s absolutely no way he can change clothes. But as we saw at the end of episode 10, he is not wearing the same clothes as the savior. 

Reveal hidden contents

We know from spoiler photos that he is the savior.

So this theory, to me, is unlikely to happen. 

I still believe JTE will die. But not forever, as LG will find a beautiful solution one way or another. 

If no one else can get into the world in between, then just go naked all the time.  It's practical and resourceful!  Although if we're stuck in just one outfit, I'd go with the leather overcoat from 11.  Or he can borrow Heo Joon Jae's shirt that he wore in Spain.  I'm sure HJJ will share.  Just anything but that ugly pink sweater from Ep 2 hahaha.

But yes, back on theory topic...kdrama always packs in the most heartbreak in the last few episodes, and then resolves in in the finale, and then we get a time jump.  At least, the last four I've watched have all done that and I'm so tired of it -__-.  I've been surprised with some of the things from this show, but it's still following a standard 16-20 episode timeline.  Bickering couple in 1-4, usually fall in love around 5-8, fight the universe in 9-12, someone usually get shot or hurt in the last few episodes.  

Just once, I would LOVE to see a unified couple start reaching part of their happily ever after a few episodes early haha.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

The moment Lee Gon hugged Jung Tae Eul was the moment I went into emotional rollarcoaster!! Haven't recovered yet completely

200.gif&key=0920f822a90c16fed8f763f281b6

JTE fighting for her life then LG comes out of nowhere it's stuff of legend  

• Like 5
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1