[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

1 minute ago, scrawford said:

I say it again and again....those comments about him came last in the battle and not a good shooter, and not good with sword, it's all too misdirect the viewer. I can smell the BS from episode 4. LG is an amazing fighter. I just rewatched Episode 4 where the Navy captain told LG that he came last and LG was a bit taken aback by that comment and he said "I wasn't....and the *sigh...Hasn't it been classified as national secret yet". That answered is double meaning to me, it's meant to trick the viewer. It could be the fact that he came last in combat been classified as national secret, or the fact that it's not true and he is a good fighter has been classified as national secret. Why the writer tried to misdirect, idk....

It's good to make your enemy thinks that you are not capable, while you are actually really capable of defending yourself and really good at it.

He also probably practises in the place where time slows down, when he goes away to his 'study' i can see him practising with a gun before that time arrives for him to go back and save him self if he's the one that does so.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

I have so much reading the funny posts in this thread :D

----

Questions after ep 11

Does the little boy represent time? After all, he was given the rabbit sweater. Luna's doesn't represent time, but the little boy does. He always has that yoyo and he plays with it. It goes down and bounces back up...like a symbolic representation of time portrayed in this drama? 

And there was a close up of the red string that he himself attached to the yoyo. What does that red string mean?

• Like 5
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 1

2 minutes ago, scrawford said:

I say it again and again....those comments about him came last in the battle and not a good shooter, and not good with sword, it's all too misdirect the viewer. I can smell the BS from episode 4. LG is an amazing fighter. I just rewatched Episode 4 where the Navy captain told LG that he came last and LG was a bit taken aback by that comment and he said "I wasn't....and the *sigh...Hasn't it been classified as national secret yet". That answered is double meaning to me, it's meant to trick the viewer. It could be the fact that he came last in combat been classified as national secret, or the fact that it's not true and he is a good fighter has been classified as national secret. Why the writer tried to misdirect, idk....

It's good to make your enemy thinks that you are not capable, while you are actually really capable of defending yourself and really good at it.

I’d like to reiterate what you said here! I believe it is all for show! A king who ascended the throne after his father was murdered grows up without practicing combat? Not a chance. 

From what we’ve seen so far, he’s good at fighting and swordsmanship. We shall see if he has a chance to prove he can shoot. 

• Like 3
  • Love 3

22 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Finished swooning over the King protecting his Queen.

I'm loving the Kill Bill moment but I can't stop laughing..

So the Royal Guards are all wearing bulletproof vest and they fight with swords or batons?

R-i-g-h-t..  

Aiooo...Its the DRAMA and KOC, they need to Glorify the Saeguk Part of Modern Monarchy. I mean yeah like its ignorable. (Slightly :lol:)

@briseis Thanks ..#backtoswooning

• Like 7
  • LOL 6

54 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Got a question..

What was Prince Uncle's son scribbling on the book?

There's no subtitles for it.

They focused on it so it's some clues for us?

LG asking for JTE's answer to be his Queen.

Omg.  What are you thinking, JTE??

Please say YES next episode!!! 

I too am curious as to what the Prince was writing! Hopefully we will get an answer from our super duper smart Soompiers!

• Like 8

5 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

But we need clarity on the translation. I just can’t understand why there would be such a big mistake in the writing. Anyone would have caught that. 

Exactly! Esp since this script has been fairly consistent even with the details of the world building, doppelganger situations, etc... Even putting that tel # to give your NY message for the King so TE can call the palace - things like that, I appreciate the care that the production put into the show.  Also, even KGE would have caught it, right?

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ponderings said:

I have so much reading the funny posts in this thread :D

Haha. I wish you a good journey on your back time-travelling in this thread. You won't be disappointed going back to memory lane on this thread 

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

15 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

Correct but I did not say in my above explanation that TE did not recognize her. 

All am saying is that it is only logical for a cop to ask a kid what is she doing in a place like that - esp under those dangerous conditions. Hence, my "theory" in the translation gap of denotative vs connotative.

@mrsj3n Haha, that's why during the spoilers I asked "so that it could be quieter?" Tee-hee

No you're right i'm confused again, because she only realised she was in Corea, when driving after escaping. And she met the Kid in Korea so she would have assumed she was in Korea, so yeh its a plothole or mistake. I just can't fathom why the writers would let it happen though? Unless like I said Taeul is unreliable narrator, she doesn't know when she does it, and just knows things or says things like she's from the future or she'd done it before? 

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Actually   I'm wondering if there's error in the subtitles when JTE talked to yoyo girl.

We need Korean speaking members to enlighten us.

Ah.. @mychoiyoung has suggested the same too. 

Imo that conversation happened when TE was still unconcious. The background of that conversation was dark or maybe at night and there were 8 thugs surrounding the pit fire near the gate of the warehouse. Later when she was fully awake it was already bright and the yoyo boy/girl also the thugs had not been there. So, when TE asked the boy “you are in this world too” I believe she was dreaming or in a trance, still not realize she was in KOC.
Just help me, some poster here said that the yoyo kid was a boy but others said a girl. Which one is right? Imo he was a boy from his appearance (clothes etc), and he played yoyo and bike. Any suggestion?

• Like 4
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

In honor of the poor noodle that was not meant to be eaten (not even one bite like those chicken) during the bookstore raid:

Let’s eat!!

:joy:

@mrsj3n now you caught a detail that I didn’t pay attention to!! :joy: 

Seeing that hot pot and noddles made me hungry

MinEun or LeeEul? I say why not both! 

We need them both to happen in the same timeline and within one time travel and not multiverse

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

9 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

Haha. I wish you a good journey on your back time-travelling in this thread. You won't be disappointed going back to memory lane on this thread 

I have been transported to another world. hahahaha

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

I don't know what to say!!! :bawling: I finished watching episode 11 this morning!! It was so good!!!  I'm speechless!! I don't know what else to say for now. I will drop post later. Overwhelmed with emotions!!:bawling:

• Like 7
  • Love 4

5 minutes ago, imels said:

Imo that conversation happened when TE was still unconcious. The background of that conversation was dark or maybe at night and there were 8 thugs surrounding the pit fire near the gate of the warehouse. Later when she was fully awake it was already bright and the yoyo boy/girl also the thugs had not been there. 
Just help me, some poster here said that the yoyo kid was a boy but others said a girl. Which one is right? Imo he was a boy from his appearance (clothes etc), and he played yoyo and bike. Any suggestion?

Nope , she was unconscious then opened eyes for a moment when she saw Keys and Gun and kidnapers and also YoyoKid peeking through the gap in the door, she fainted again.

When JTe again got conscious she and Yoyo Kid had the convo (kidnappers were not there then)--->> Yoyo kid gave her the knife, kidnappers entered, JTE attacked the kidnappers with the same knife, took the gun and keys, stopped for a moment to look for the kid , then escaped.

Yoyo Kid in the show-The Gender does not matter, neither has there been any particular reference of her/him. Just that the dressup leads to majority assuming that kid is a boy.

The actor playing it is a Girl.

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

Everyone remembers the rage, the kidnapping, the escaping, the rescue... all I remember is how Lee Gon said he won’t be considerate next time. 

Be a man of your words, Pyeha!

I better see an inconsiderate king next episode! With JTE right next to him in his chamber on his bed, boy better make his move! 

:lol::lol::lol:

1 hour ago, Time loop said:

I loved the fact that she said you left me in that room instead of being scandalous. It was a wise invitation to the king meaning you can tap that anytime..:lol: 

We should start a hashtags #MakeLeeGoninconsiderate heheheh...

Sorry guys, the theories are great and all, but now my eyes are on whatever scandalous thing is going to happen in the King's chamber

54 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

I get the feel that that was a bit of foreshadowing irony there.  I totally missed it until I rewatched it, I thought it was just a funny throwaway.  But know what we know now, they basically pointed it out for us "HERES THE SAVIOR DUMMY"

@AgentQuake I can see that, but i thought we have settled that Lg is the savior. Are we back to 2 saviors now?

• Like 3
  • Naughty 3
  • LOL 3

5 minutes ago, imels said:

Imo that conversation happened when TE was still unconcious. The background of that conversation was dark or maybe at night and there were 8 thugs surrounding the pit fire near the gate of the warehouse. Later when she was fully awake it was already bright and the yoyo boy/girl also the thugs had not been there. 

KES might've wanted yoyo kid's gender to be ambiguous. Usually when people think of god or even Time in Through the Looking Glass, it's portrayed as male, but here KES have a female child actor acting as some supernatural being. She might've purposely made the child look male in convenience to what people are used to for supernatural deities but in conjunction to how she wanted to resemble, these beings should usually be genderless. Male or female does not matter. It's whatever you make of it.

• Like 14

23 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

I’d like to reiterate what you said here! I believe it is all for show! A king who ascended the throne after his father was murdered grows up without practicing combat? Not a chance. 

From what we’ve seen so far, he’s good at fighting and swordsmanship. We shall see if he has a chance to prove he can shoot. 

My Thoughts Exactly. I'm curious about how he becomes a great shooter or maybe he has been a good shooter this whole time. Although, he can't get a big stuff animal for the love of his life, lol. So im willing to be proven that he is not a good shooter. hmmmm.... can you shoot or not LG?

Ok, my mind started to get hurt when i tried to make sense, so im going back to the Gutter Land heheheh....

• Like 6
  • LOL 4

So I asked a friend and she said she thinks this means 'The palace of the Kingdom of Corea is being moved to Seoul." I think a better phrasing would be LR is trying to make Seoul the new capital of Corea instead of Busan where it is now, or maybe it'll be the new meet up place where the gates are or wherever they plot their next plan.

0Jj77fT.png

If I remember correctly PM is the one in charge of Seoul so I think she's siding with LR. Maybe she was the one who drugged JTE. She visited Nari's cafe and that's near where JTE lives. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 4