[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

13 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

haha sorry, i meant to say I want the showdown to go down like when CN or BL fights anyone :lol:or if you have ever watched the chinese movie series “Once Upon A Time in China” starring Jet Li as Wong Fei Hung. These kind of heroes always ends up winning the fight because none of the baddies can even come close to bringing them down :joy: i want LG to be like that towards LR haha. 

@Heretorant so upon your thoughts, you are saying we may be seeing more than one LG? You said the LG at end of episode 10 may be our savior. If so, then does that mean we are seeing different versions of LG? :blink:

I am big Bruce Lee fan and have watched all his movies including that one with Chuck Norris :joy:

I just thought since this is sci-fi more like Matrix fight scene would be ideal but I guess it would be over the top and Knetz would riot if such a fight scene was included anyways :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

17 minutes ago, Joséphine.arjenia said:

I think KES will give us anther open ending  as she did in goblin , JTE will died and he will make a comeback in future to save her .... OK I do t care I just want a royal  weeding  with the 2world family :wub: I can forgive PD for his mess shooting kiss 

Noooo. Please, not another ending like Goblin! After all i went through with JTE and Shin in that drama only to see them smiling at each other and staring, without anything else to give us a definite answer...it took me quite a time to accept it by making myself happy with an explanation I came up with on my own. In this one, allowing JTE and LG to be together should be the ending we deserve but realistically, Time has been manipulated so badly that I fear this is why LG will have to keep on going back to time :tears: the price to pay was higher.

16 minutes ago, goldenashes97 said:

Hi, guys. I've been lurking in this forum since episode 1 but never really had anything to say cos I'm bad with theories and stuff. But after tonight's episode, I need to come out of the dungeon even just for once. I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster. Everything just hits me where it hurts. Lee Gon and TaeEul are seriously gonna be the death of me. I seriously need comfort. How come two fictional characters can make me feel like this:tears::tears::tears:

Oh and btw, thanks to everyone for all the theories, commentaries, and explainations. You are all amazing. Love from Indonesia. 

welcome to the world of the Monarchs! :D 

Hope to see you more around with your comments and feedback too. Always good to see people delurk and join! A roller coaster indeed! Right now, we have no exact idea on what is going on but the hints are pointing us towards directions that we have predicted. Loving someone and having to keep on travelling back to time to be with that someone..i tell you, it does tug one’s heart. Especially when you want the characters to be with each other :tears: so we completely understand the anguish. 

Edit:

@Joanna Alfson now i wonder, how will people react to a scene like this in TKEM: 

tenor.gif?itemid=15235043

i know, fights with special effects like this may be far-fetched for the aura of TKEM but since Time is an element, will we see LG pull a stunt like this too? :w00t:

• Like 7

13 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@Heretorant so upon your thoughts, you are saying we may be seeing more than one LG? You said the LG at end of episode 10 may be our savior. If so, then does that mean we are seeing different versions of LG? :blink:

Yes, that’s what I’m saying. But this is the first time he’s appeared other than the time he came to save young LG/give him the ID. The one at the end of episode 10 is definitely NOT the one who is mourning the death of Prince Jong In. 

I think the story is just trying to tell us where we are headed. It looks like we’ll end with LG time traveling through frozen moments to keep meeting JTE, which by the way, is one of the saddest ways to end a story. 

But what I’m not saying is that they are different people. No, they are the same person but one is in the future while one is in the present (the one we have been watching). The present is the past of the future. Therefore, what we are watching is actually the past of future LG. We can expect that the story will lead present LG to the same path as future LG. 

Too much past, present, future. Sorry, I may just be confusing you. Lol.

• Like 10
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 8

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

My theory is we’re dealing with one timeline. What we’re watching is the past. It is the frozen moments of time. The LG we have been watching and the one from the future are actually just the same person. Therefore, it’s not like the one from the future is going to live forever without JTE while the one we see now is going to be able to save her and live a happy life with her. I think it’s more along the lines of, the LG we are watching now has not caught up to the future LG. But he will follow the same steps. It’s hard to explain but let’s just imagine that every moment of our lives were frozen in time. And imagine taking a chunk of our lives 10 years ago and pressing play. I guess the easiest way to explain this is to imagine our lives were recorded like a movie. If we rewatch ourselves 10 years ago, that person would still be us, just that they haven’t lived the next 10 years yet. The me from 10 years ago will eventually grow up to be me today. Maybe I’m just confusing everyone lol.

This matches my thinking.  What do you think now about the saviors?  ^_^

This week's homework assignment:

watch Back to the Future with its happy ending

(available on Netflix ;))

@Heretorant  I love your comment:  "I have no idea what’s going on, I just know it’s sad and good!"  :heart:

• Like 8
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

Hoping that at the end of the road LG and TE will be together because they are destined for each other. :wub:

Ep 10 is really heart breaking. :(

LMH and KGE is really good in expressing their emotions.. :D

Because of LG's great love for TE he will do everything to save his doppelganger in RK so that TE will meet him and be together in RK. 

I believe that love conquers all even if it's parallel world. Still love wins!!! :wub:

• Like 5
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

43 minutes ago, SophieH said:

Saw a post on Twitter on Netflix rankings in the world... oh wow The King ranks #9 in the world today and #19 to date.

I remember making a post clearly showchasing The King: Eternal Monarch's path to top 10 worldwide and it's already 19 and it has not ended just half way it's run. My calculations was and is on point. I knew this as far back as only 1 week after TKEM aired. I just knew it to the extend of how it perform and I used some math to calculate a realistic outcome. Just watch it climb more and more. The Target was 80-90 Million views which is very realistic for TKEM 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 11
  • Love 9

4 minutes ago, LRM11219311 said:

Wait again! LG said something about calling JTE from a payphone, is it connected to the preview for next week? Is it from the past or the future? Waah. 

He wanted to hear his voice, but left his phone (that JTE gave him) with JY, so he had no way to call her but through a payphone.   Nothing more than that I think.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Yes, that’s what I’m saying. But this is the first time he’s appeared other than the time he came to save young LG/give him the ID. The one at the end of episode 10 is definitely NOT the one who is mourning the death of Prince Jong In. 

I think the story is just trying to tell us where we are headed. It looks like we’ll end with LG time traveling through frozen moments to keep meeting JTE, which by the way, is one of the saddest ways to end a story. 

But what I’m not saying is that they are different people. No, they are the same person but one is in the future while one is in the present (the one we have been watching). The present is the past of the future. Therefore, what we are watching is actually the past of future LG. We can expect that the story will lead present LG to the same path as future LG. 

Too much past, present, future. Sorry, I may just be confusing you. Lol.

:joy: you got it right. The ‘past, present, future’ had me confused. But, oddly enough, it makes sense! We are not seeing different versions of LG. We are seeing LG in different time loops (or time line). Man, this kind of plot device sounds so nostalgic to me. Where have I seen it before? I have yet to watch Back to the Future (although I have heard of it). But it feels like I have been here before. Oh man. Now, I sound like I am a time traveler myself haha. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

This episode is so sad. make that heart wrenching! I just can't...  This is my 1st time to watch live airing. I don't think I will ever do it again.  I was ready for some live action what with the LG vs LR face-off and then we got two heart rending developments (1) The Prince's and (2) THAT ENDING!. 

So we got a real great kiss BUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTT I am flummoxed with the last scene. And the preview for Epi 11 - SHOW COME ON!!!! How can you live us like that!

Still crying over LG's voice over  --

"There will come a moment when it seems I have disappeared. I don’t want you to  worry too much when that happens. It just means I am walking through the frozen moments in time."

And LG really disappears, leaving TE broken (I love her when she cries - SO GOOD!).  I think I need a hug right now...

ps: LMH's acting is again superb. That's all.

• Like 6
  • Sad 6
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

I just wanna give my two cents about episode 10 today. The few last scene was really heartbreaking, from his uncle Buyeong funeral, when Lady Noh fainted and the tearful kiss with Jung Tae Eul that broke me into tears. The preview of episode 11 give me chills and heart break. I made up a theory why Luna exist in Kingdom of Corea.

Remember the scene where Luna feeding the cat and she said "Since she doesn't have a memory of herself she is going to borrow the cats name "Luna" which means she got amnesia or maybe the deity erase her memory. I know this doesn't make sense since we didn't really know what happen to Luna why she became criminal. But from my point of view I think Luna is also Jung Tae Eul. I think LG is in the time freeze that he can't fully show himself or should I say he only have limited time that he can't stay longer in JTE place (Republic of Korea). And JTE desires to see LG made her decide to cooperate Lee Rim to be able to cross the two parallel world in exchange of Lee Rim order to kill people that's why in episode 11 showed her clothes full of blood. This is just my theory anyway, so lets see what will happen in the next few episodes

• Like 9
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

I need to Recollect my head after this, About the Last scene and epilogue , need to reserve my Comments until episode 11 is aired, it's a bit hotchpotch (I do think this is the Savior LG we saw in here who turned the Time, clue is the Clothes he is wearing is the scene from Episode 1).:blink: @Heretorant Great explanation on the Past-Present-Future LG paranoma.

At this point I do not know how will be KING able to save both the worlds , his family and himself, There is no one he can trust, the Ones he can he has no legitimate way to communicate with them unless he leaves KOC which is not possible.:dissapointed_relieved:

Also I can do without PM Koo at this point, she just breaks the entire flow and she is nosy.( I mean what you want to prove LG is a liar and Lunatic then you want to rule as the queen, What is the need?? uff) Please take some beauty rest I beg You!!

Eun-Bi I like you, You  can be next Lady-Noh or JTE in ROK to discipline people. :) 

And also Ji-Hun's mom was SJ's mom house worker.What a reverse fate they led (#clueswecanchecklater)

@bebebisous33 Slow Mo Cap from my end for multiple Math resource and Numbers analysis , It needs a LOT of Research.(I may have to re-read this after episode 11 to recheck what I missed):wub:

**Appreciation Notes: The KIDS in this show are also GREAT Actors, they need praise as well.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, 1ouise said:

@Heretorant  This matches my thinking.  What do you think now about the saviors?  ^_^

This week's homework assignment:

watch Back to the Future 

(available on Netflix ;))

Wow, I’m surprised someone can even understand all that verbiage. I was afraid I would confuse the hell out of everyone lol. 

And this is the hard part. I can’t decide because I’ve been sold on two saviors this whole time. But I think my new theory makes it impossible for there to be 2 saviors. The ending of episode 10 hints that he can’t stay long when he travels which means it’s not exactly an easy task. Therefore, what’s the probability that two people can travel at the same time? It’s highly unlikely because it’s already difficult enough for one person. I’m going to have to pause here and think. I can’t decide between one savior or 2 saviors now. 

I’m a huge procrastinator but after I marathon episodes 1-10, I’m getting on that Back to the Future homework assignment :D

20 minutes ago, SophieH said:

Saw a post on Twitter on Netflix rankings in the world... oh wow The King ranks #9 in the world today and #19 to date. 

WOW! This is soooo awesome!! I’m so happy for the cast and crew! At least international people can appreciate an amazing script and wonderful actors! 

• Like 6
  • Love 5

2 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

:joy: you got it right. The ‘past, present, future’ had me confused. But, oddly enough, it makes sense! We are not seeing different versions of LG. We are seeing LG in different time loops (or time line). Man, this kind of plot device sounds so nostalgic to me. Where have I seen it before? I have yet to watch Back to the Future (although I have heard of it). But it feels like I have been here before. Oh man. Now, I sound like I am a time traveler myself haha. 

Back to the Future is one of my favorite films and it is actually using a different type of time travel (which actually creates the paradox).  

In that movie, the lead character travels back in time not on purpose, and in the process accidentally changes the way his parents meet.  The first movie had the lead character trying to make his parents fall in love so that they would get married and he would be born.

It's a great film, and considering it was released way back in the mid-80s, it still stands the test of time to this day.  I highly recommend it!

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Firstly, I would like to thank the Live Streaming.

It did not disappoint me today.

Secondly, W.T.H Netflix?

I have to make 2 deals in order to watch The King on Netflix?

1st, it was false alarm but the deal has been made with a 4 years old.

2nd, TV Netflix is not updated with the latest episode but the Mr's phone Netflix is updated with episode 10 and I have to make deals to have him hand over his phone to me so I can watch?!

Not cool, Netflix!!! 

tenor.gif

Thirdly....WHAT AN EPISODE!!!!!! 

I'm still crying.

tenor.gif?itemid=14892930

I'm so sad.

Why is it so sad?

It started with a sad brief reunion.

And it ended with a sad parting.

And they gave us a heart wrenching preview that makes me suddenly wish tomorrow is Friday again. 

LG said he came from another universe.

That stopped JTE in her tracks right?

He said "universe".

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 2