[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

3 minutes ago, Jad068 said:

Hello 800 pages.

by the way, is it normal for netflix to say season 1 in the title of the video in youtube? Does it mean season 2? Because that is how they titled the trailer for episode 16

Apparently it is kind of normal on Netflix to label season 1 for all dramas . I came across some comments on YT where fans were hopeful about season 2 because Netflix mentioned season 1 LOL but it's most probably their way of video labelling. 

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Umjicheok said:

Apparently it is kind of normal on Netflix to label season 1 for all dramas . I came across some comments on YT where fans were hopeful about season 2 because Netflix mentioned season 1 LOL but it's most probably their way of video labelling. 

And I have hoped that it meant season 2. Huhuhu I don’t know how to live without TKEM. What was life before?

• Like 4
  • Sad 2
  • Love 4

I can't believe that I'm explaining about this drama to those who didn't get the chemistry of the main leads on Twitter ha  ha. :D  If only they read what you guys have written.... Well lucky me to be here, to be able at least, to follow the story line so far because of all the on topic discussion here on this thread.

Well, thank you to everyone who has contributed to this thread and made it easier to understand some of the complicated story line.  As for me, KES is the reason I'm here and hopefully she will be able to provide a satisfaction ending for the majority of us.  :) 

• Like 14
  • Love 2

9 hours ago, goldenashes97 said:

This is kinda my wish as well. I just want him to find peace, really. 

But now I just can't help but laugh, because if I remember correctly, almost everyone in this thread is so suspicious of the psychiatrist, thinking that she's planted by LL. Lol. 

I do remember correctly...... right?  

Or is it the richard simmons at BOD? 

Or am I making things up? 

NOOO I think I'm losing my mind :scream:

And am even more suspicious of head inspector who always “deals with loneliness”

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQelYdAGeYJSra52bXEION

After rewatching W two worlds ...I have nourished those seeds of suspicion even more ! 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1Eh43jQhO5IVwKL7N38Q

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRZebl5_2JPd9vEHwRB5Q1

did you guys noticed during the search of location of LJH’s mother this person was missing amongst them. And he even suspiciously trying to escape the gas leakage scene.( I think he is one of spy of LR/LL)

have anyone noticed it ? 

But little did I realise it’s already ep 15 and the drama gonna end soon with 1 ep left (guess he won’t play any significant role )

• Like 3
  • LOL 14
  • Awesome 1

Prior to lee lim being shot...lee gon mentioned that he could find lee lim because he has people 

1. Someone sets the time

2. Someone chases after you

3. Someone prays for you to be caught

4. Someone is going to fight

you

I guess there will be  Jte, SJ, Yg and lee gon himself  who will fight lee lim and gang that treason night.

• Like 8

28 minutes ago, 4evrkdrama said:

did you guys noticed during the search of location of LJH’s mother this person was missing amongst them. And he even suspiciously trying to escape the gas leakage scene.( I think he is one of spy of LR/LL)

have anyone noticed it ? 

But little did I realise it’s already ep 15 and the drama gonna end soon with 1 ep left (guess he won’t play any significant role )

I liked him playing a Good role here after getting headaches due to his obsession with ML in W, He keeps on vanishing for xyz reason anyhow.

The thing with TK:EM was always what I felt was.(I may be in minority)

1. Either for episode 1-9 pacing was slow same was intended for second for ultimately for it to have a S2

OR

2. The Story was never meant for 16 episodes but it should have 10,12 Episodic arc, Plethora of characters and loose threads seem unnecessary (Why Do we have A 20 min JAPAN Scene and LR at SHIPYARD even he was not supposed to be fleshed out enough, Why is there a Chief who vanishes like he has a GF hidden somewhere, Why is the same person who is in King Rowing team SJ's bully and the first criminal Jangmi gets hold off, his face was emphasized thrice) had to be added due to On-Air Format.

The pacing uproar which was caused led to the later story which was incidentally not pre-produced to focus heavily on Romance and Main characters solving albeit too easily, but again The same was not done wrt to JY-LG bromance, SJ-TE pinning arc (I get that SJ has a sad trajectory, but for me to empathize his love for TE enough is not there), I know the gist, I get that, do I get the uber longing , yes simply because I love the actors, But why WAS IT not utilized instead of us watching PM Koo and her monologues.This seems like a modified script from OG.

Pacing and solving everything for King seems like a child play, Like LG-JY-SJ are team tagging the culprits in every hour of the episode, LR's 25 years worth of planning and swapping leads to exchange of stupid characters or Did he take his nephew to be always a 8 year old kid who could not complete the Poem written on 4 tiger sword? 80% of the show we get romance and 20% time culprits are found , tied, and LR is easily captured like in 5 minutes?? Wow???

This is what makes me mad. I know LG will win, But they did not give me a Villain which will make me think Good Lord LG how will you make this RIGHT? LR seems like a cartoon now tbh once LG started to play his cards rights. Where is the Push--Pull to stop Him?

Shakes my head.It is what It is though.

Let's wait for the Curtain to drop.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, CatWhiskers said:

My heart and my head can't. 

It just too heartbreaking at the bench. U can feel how tired and lost LG is. He knew he has to make a choice. Duty and his heart. As a king, duty always comes first. And it would not have been his character if he chooses to follow his heart. 

All the hospital, it was basically LG doing what a normal boyfriend does. No king.. No nothing. It is so sad because he knows it could be the last time he does it for her. 

I believe Luna will take JTE place in ROK. JTE meet LG in the time travel in between. They settle stuff. And went enjoying themselves in the past? Dating normally? 

I don't think LG abdicate. The title is the king. Lol. I think we will see JTE as queen. 

I have been thinking about this. The King LG can’t advocate because the only acceptable heir to the throne was killed by LL. If nothing changes the timeline in a real way he needs to be in KOC. JTE is free to stay wherever the King is because she has left Luna behind to take her place. So JTE will meet up with the king in the between places. They will try to go back in time to the day of treason. Trying to change things on the day of treason will not work so that is why they have to go further back in time to the late 1940’s or early 1950. They go to the time of the King’s Grandfather because of something that happened at the time that Lady Noh came to the KOC from ROK. I think that is when this all started.That’s the only reason I can think of for the spoiler pictures of them in a different time that was so old fashion. As for the ending, if each ends in their own world without the knowledge of the other that is not a happy ending to me because who would the King meet to equal JTE certainly not Luna and even if JTE meets the King's counterpart in ROK it will not be the same man. I don’t care how Miss writer does it but I want JTE and the King to end up together as the people they are in some world somewhere in time.

• Like 10

The King is no. 7 in tv shows on netflix pakistan today which is surprising considering the fact that k dramas are not that popular in this part of the world. Anyways I'm so happy that my favourite show is in the top 10 :rolleyes:

• Like 7
  • Awesome 4

I will do ranking for yesterday first and then later for today. 

07.06.2020 (Netflix rankings)

The King eternal Monarch was in 6th place Worldwide ranking Netflix - charting in 24 countries 

1.Malaysia

1.Singapore

1.Taiwan

1.Hong Kong

1.South Korea

1.Thailand

1.Vietnam

1.Philippines

1.Nigeria

2.Sir Lanka

2.Bangladesh

7.Chile

3.Japan

2.India

4.Peru

4.Panama

10.Guatemala

5.Honduras

8.Boliva

5.Ecuador

7.Dominic Republic 

7.Mexico

4.El-Salvador

5.Nicaragua

On that same day. It was trending on twitter worldwide at number #5 while trending worldwide day at #2

EZ2Z34wXsAI_gNA?format=jpg&name=large

it's performance outside of Kdrama territories has been good in markets where Kdrama is niche like Latin America and the sub-continent it didn't only perform but performed for the last 6 weeks consistently. Which explains why Lee Min ho will end up gaining 4 mio followers during only TKEM's airing time which means non-airing post drama is not counted just during airing time. He could end up with much higher 10mio+ post drama due to new wave of viewers. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 8
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, lindas55 said:

I have been thinking about this. The King LG can’t advocate because the only acceptable heir to the throne was killed by LL. If nothing changes the timeline in a real way he needs to be in KOC. JTE is free to stay wherever the King is because she has left Luna behind to take her place. So JTE will meet up with the king in the between places. They will try to go back in time to the day of treason. Trying to change things on the day of treason will not work so that is why they have to go further back in time to the late 1940’s or early 1950. They go to the time of the King’s Grandfather because of something that happened at the time that Lady Noh came to the KOC from ROK. I think that is when this all started.That’s the only reason I can think of for the spoiler pictures of them in a different time that was so old fashion. As for the ending, if each ends in their own world without the knowledge of the other that is not a happy ending to me because who would the King meet to equal JTE certainly not Luna and even if JTE meets the King's counterpart in ROK it will not be the same man. I don’t care how Miss writer does it but I want JTE and the King to end up together as the people they are in some world somewhere in time.

I'm just gonna be super optimistic and predict they are going to the 50s on their free will to have a movie date! lalalalalala

Let's all burn our subconcious and cheers for the happy ending!

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Like 9

I stick with the idea that our King and Queen become time-travellers. LOL

But if this is the ending where they survive and have a HEA, I may start to think KES is not KES.

**Need to find out if she is a doppelganger**

• Like 5
  • LOL 7

44 minutes ago, Wis dom said:

Spoiler

I will do ranking for yesterday first and then later for today. 

07.06.2020 (Netflix rankings)

The King eternal Monarch was in 6th place Worldwide ranking Netflix - charting in 24 countries 

1.Malaysia

1.Singapore

1.Taiwan

1.Hong Kong

1.South Korea

1.Thailand

1.Vietnam

1.Philippines

1.Nigeria

2.Sir Lanka

2.Bangladesh

7.Chile

3.Japan

2.India

4.Peru

4.Panama

10.Guatemala

5.Honduras

8.Boliva

5.Ecuador

7.Dominic Republic 

7.Mexico

4.El-Salvador

5.Nicaragua

On that same day. It was trending on twitter worldwide at number #5 while trending worldwide day at #2

it's performance outside of Kdrama territories has been good in markets where Kdrama is niche like Latin America and the sub-continent it didn't only perform but performed for the last 6 weeks consistently. Which explains why Lee Min ho will end up gaining 4 mio followers during only TKEM's airing time which means non-airing post drama is not counted just during airing time. He could end up with much higher 10mio+ post drama due to new wave of viewers. 

Has the show been released in most countries in Europe? I know for shows like CLOY, some European countries didn't get the show released on Netflix right away on a weekly basis, but got all episodes released at the same time at a later date?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, madmad min said:

I liked him playing a Good role here after getting headaches due to his obsession with ML in W, He keeps on vanishing for xyz reason anyhow.

The thing with TK:EM was always what I felt was.(I may be in minority)

1. Either for episode 1-9 pacing was slow same was intended for second for ultimately for it to have a S2

OR

2. The Story was never meant for 16 episodes but it should have 10,12 Episodic arc, Plethora of characters and loose threads seem unnecessary (Why Do we have A 20 min JAPAN Scene and LR at SHIPYARD even he was not supposed to be fleshed out enough, Why is there a Chief who vanishes like he has a GF hidden somewhere, Why is the same person who is in King Rowing team SJ's bully and the first criminal Jangmi gets hold off, his face was emphasized thrice) had to be added due to On-Air Format.

The pacing uproar which was caused led to the later story which was incidentally not pre-produced to focus heavily on Romance and Main characters solving albeit too easily, but again The same was not done wrt to JY-LG bromance, SJ-TE pinning arc (I get that SJ has a sad trajectory, but for me to empathize his love for TE enough is not there), I know the gist, I get that, do I get the uber longing , yes simply because I love the actors, But why WAS IT not utilized instead of us watching PM Koo and her monologues.This seems like a modified script from OG.

Pacing and solving everything for King seems like a child play, Like LG-JY-SJ are team tagging the culprits in every hour of the episode, LR's 25 years worth of planning and swapping leads to exchange of stupid characters or Did he take his nephew to be always a 8 year old kid who could not complete the Poem written on 4 tiger sword? 80% of the show we get romance and 20% time culprits are found , tied, and LR is easily captured like in 5 minutes?? Wow???

This is what makes me mad. I know LG will win, But they did not give me a Villain which will make me think Good Lord LG how will you make this RIGHT? LR seems like a cartoon now tbh once LG started to play his cards rights. Where is the Push--Pull to stop Him?

Shakes my head.It is what It is though.

Let's wait for the Curtain to drop.

I stand with you @madmad min

your thoughts...

Saw-That-Going-Differently-In-My-Mind-In

Too...

Yes let’s wait for the curtain to drop !

just like @wenchanteur said m just waiting for the drama to end to bring KES from A to Z .

But regardless ....

5560446729817bd0467c89f97775f7cb.gif

I love each and every actors in this drama (more biased over lee min ho though) 

and

Memories of you all (soompi members posts) were sweet and shining.....

“because the days were good

because the days were bad 

because the days were just so !”

congo - 800 pages ! Woohoo

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I have another what if. Yoyo child aka the flute told LG’s parallel mother that when the flute is joined and made whole inside the gate “It takes you to the moment when you wish to save yourself”. When she asked where they went, Yoyo child said “The night of treason” because “The king wished to save both worlds from the traitor” and “the traitor wished to save his foolish self from failing the coup”. What if this time the place where both can save themselves is not the night of the treason. They tried that already and it didn’t work. What if the flute takes them further back in time to another place that is the seed of this whole story. The true start of this story is when the traitor was born. If this is so then the year that the traitor was born is 70 years ago in 1950.That time period could be the scene of spoiler pictures that were seen a few weeks ago. Also JTE is key to this time travel. Remember when the two met in the between space and the flute was joined, her picture fell. It disintegrated and one of the seeds she left started to grow.  The magic flowers grow and bloom after a cold frozen time blooming long after people think they will grow. JTE and the King have moved through heartbreak and a frozen time apart so if the symbolism is true it’s their time to survive. It’s time for their love to grow and bloom. If the flute can read a person’s wish then the King wants to save both worlds, but more than anything he’s wish is to find the door in the universe that will lead him back to JTE. He promised her that. LL is bitter, but in his heart what he wants most is to be important and not pushed aside because of the facts of his birth. If those facts can be changed then none of the things that play out need to have happened. There is an old saying “Be careful what you wish for you just might get it” In this case what we get is not what we or the main character expected but what the flute knows will work.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 7

5 minutes ago, lindas55 said:

I have another what if. Yoyo child aka the flute told LG’s parallel mother that when the flute is joined and made whole inside the gate “It takes you to the moment when you wish to save yourself”. When she asked where they went, Yoyo child said “The night of treason” because “The king wished to save both worlds from the traitor” and “the traitor wished to save his foolish self from failing the coup”. What if this time the place where both can save themselves is not the night of the treason. They tried that already and it didn’t work. What if the flute takes them further back in time to another place that is the seed of this whole story. The true start of this story is when the traitor was born. If this is so then the year that the traitor was born is 70 years ago in 1950.That time period could be the scene of spoiler pictures that were seen a few weeks ago. Also JTE is key to this time travel. Remember when the two met in the between space and the flute was joined, her picture fell. It disintegrated and one of the seeds she left started to grow.  The magic flowers grow and bloom after a cold frozen time blooming long after people think they will grow. JTE and the King have moved through heartbreak and a frozen time apart so if the symbolism is true it’s their time to survive. It’s time for their love to grow and bloom. If the flute can read a person’s wish then the King wants to save both worlds, but more than anything he’s wish is to find the door in the universe that will lead him back to JTE. He promised her that. LL is bitter, but in his heart what he wants most is to be important and not pushed aside because of the facts of his birth. If those facts can be changed then none of the things that play out need to have happened. There is an old saying “Be careful what you wish for you just might get it” In this case what we get is not what we or the main character expected but what the flute knows will work.

This Thing makes sense, and we do have spoilers to confirm some of it. Lets see.

• Like 5