[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

It’s entirely possible that public opinion of the King’s murdering spree was negative and they considered him a tyrant, as public reaction to the beheading was shock and horror.

But then they saw the video of him charging in on a horse and exonerated him in their thirst.  THAT’S SOME GOOD ISH RIGHT THERE.  Probably will become a meme in KOC soon, with remix videos.

I mean, that political group was also killing their relay button of JTE and LG hugging in the street.  

I can relate. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 13

1 hour ago, SweetButters said:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

@rambutan For the bookstore owner, he had his scar on his leg right? But his doppelgänger didn't die from a wound to the leg, he died from shots to his back in that bookstore shootout. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

There was a first shot and we didn't see where it went. The second shot was on the back, the one we saw. When the victim was down, he was looking towards his right leg.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, AgentQuake said:
2 hours ago, rambutan said:

The two manliest men talking and having a heart to heart. Full of respect for each other's lives and work. One full of swag the other full of muscles. I could sense an overpowering presence of testosterone in the room.  

Don't forget our soft boi Eun Seob, and the softest of them all, rose93@unicorn.net

I'm still not quite sure what Jangmi's purpose in this drama is, but I'm loving every scene he's in.

I really like that talk between JY & SJ.  It paves the way for SJ to better understand LG.  Learning that LG is beloved and respected by those who work for him & understanding the hardships LG went through - that he is not just some pretty, privileged prick who took away his love interest  -  gives him a better perspective of the King.

This is needed so later in the drama SJ will fully support LG. And TE's choice.

• Like 10
  • Love 3

Two things I have been thinking about:

1. What is the gag agreement that LG said that KSR had violated? The secretary showed him a webpage of news, but we didn't have time to see what it was and there was no translation.

2. Why did LG have to wear the navy uniform when cooking for JTE (apart from the fact he looks really good in it)? Why did he have to wash rice? Is there any cultural significance to washing rice?

• Like 4

This “Neck Kiss” In The Latest Episode of “The King: Eternal Monarch” Is The Sexiest Thing Viewers Have Seen Yet

Who, oh who, turned up the heat in here? 

_VZxm8061FueBHtpNo4KKRFt0Kjl2cBjIUWA7_Wz

On May 23, 2020, The King: Eternal Monarch aired its 12th episode…

4RENTXQQ0Ih82wjN_H_LPAWKjYVg7uj5GX7312Fo

… which featured this steamy kiss between the male lead actor Lee Min Ho and the female lead actress Kim Go Eun.

In the scene, Kim Go Eun playfully stretches her neck out, as Lee Min Ho explains that “making fun of the emperor would usually result in a beheading.”

Instead of beheading her though, Lee Min Ho leans in and kisses Kim Go Eun on the neck…

… and then moves in closer to kiss her on the lips.

This sensual-AF moment, now endearingly nicknamed the “Neck Kiss” by Korean viewers…

… has successfully hushed some of the show’s most negative reviews!

Viewers are excited to see the chemistry between Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun spark off the charts…

… and can’t wait to see how their relationship will evolve — despite the fact that they are from parallel universes.-QiChjPNuPzGpBvkMVwV4_c2lSJBG_ASMBQAxeKf

The King: Eternal Monarch production later revealed that this “Neck Kiss” received a lot of praise from the staff on set. Reportedly, Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun indulged themselves in character and put together this breathtakingly romantic scene in one take.

Spoiler

ChxIbT-U5sPm_3-KoILa5H7u2m89-g_J0HoLZotZ

Ah, lovebirds! 

This has to be the sweetest and the steamiest beheading I’ve ever seen. Of course the emperor can do **** like this. He’s Lee Gon!

— Twitter @kim_more_

https://www.koreaboo.com/stories/uncommon-occurrence-kpop-idols-sasaengs-idols/

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 4

7 minutes ago, Phoenix Klaw said:

2. Why did LG have to wear the navy uniform when cooking for JTE (apart from the fact he looks really good in it)? Why did he have to wash rice? Is there any cultural significance to washing rice?

Maybe it's like the pottery scene from Ghost. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

After a few more re-watches -

How about that JY vs PM stare down in the tea shop?  No words between them but the music and the cuts back and forth .... Awesome! B)

BTW - for those that might still be on the fence, I'll let you in on a little secret, Nari doesn't just love ES.... she LOVES ES.... how can one be so sure?  She was just in the middle of musing to herself why he was acting strange, when he comes in and after an awkward moment with a customer he asks to borrow her car ... as far as she knows he doesn't have a license ... he suddenly and unexpectedly whips one out and ................. SHE GIVES HIM THE KEYS TO A $200K+ Aston Martin??? :blink:   That my dear friends is TRUE LOVE! :lol:

Lady Noh - Upon further review - I'm not so certain anymore that Lady Noh is from ROK ( she still might be )  but after reviewing that scene, the way she phrased the question, maybe she knew someone from the palace who was there at the start of the war and never returned - Consider, it was Lady Noh that hid one half of the flute in the whip, so she is aware of its powers, or at least the myth of its powers.  Perhaps one of the previous Kings took an entourage with him into ROK near the start of the war, and someone in that entourage who was special to her never came back .....

Come on guys, we got another week to speculate ... :blush:

LCO

• Like 9
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, Keikokoko said:

He trailed his finger along her throat, and leaned closer to smell and nuzzled her neck. JTE gasped in surprise and let her head fall back exposing her throat to him, and savoring the warmth of his touch. LG slipped his hand under her hair and held her neck, his lips brushing hers as he spoke, “Do you remember the first time we kissed?”

I expected it to be heat burning slow kiss that took more than 3 minutes. Not a peck on neck and another peck on lips and a less than 2 second deep kiss that we couldn't see well. They might be making baby LG in there alright. But the foreplay just wasn't what it was promised.  Where is the fatal lethal part? I wasn't dead, my mouth didn't drop, my heart wasn't pounding fast. It's all the leaked stills' fault. My expectation was built up too high. :joy:

My friend! Glad we share the same imagination!  Let's pray they show us the full thing next week :rolleyes:

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

Has anyone deduced this yet? The real PM is dead/has been switched! 

How did this happen? After the PM received the mysterious newspapers, her interest was piqued. She accepted the invitation to go to RoK. LR just needed to talk her into meeting her doppelganger in another universe or going there to gain power and the King. She went over, and was killed. The doppelganger in RoK is now in Corea. Maybe she will try to assassinate Lee Gon in the next episode. But that lightning scar on her neck warned Lee Gon that she is Fake PM. 

• Like 3
  • Confused 4
  • Insightful 2

47 minutes ago, Phoenix Klaw said:

Two things I have been thinking about:

1. What is the gag agreement that LG said that KSR had violated? The secretary showed him a webpage of news, but we didn't have time to see what it was and there was no translation.

i will try to answer to the best of my memories because honestly, my mind is scattered everywhere with this drama :joy: i feel like I succeeded with a theory only to find out I need like 20 more theories LOL! Plus, I am sure other chingus on here will answer it even better than I did ;)

1. the gag that LG refers to..I don’t remember which episode per se, is actually a comparison he used with PM Koo when she asked about LR and him facing off, and if he really found the traitor LR. Rem, at this point of the episode, PM was already getting hints of her doppelgänger from newspapers and already saw her doppelgänger on the computer screen. Her mother also mentioned someone looking like LR coming into the store so this raised the suspicion in her. She tried to get LG to spill the truth but LG turned her down completely by mentioning the gag that is used to controlled or pull the horse, and that the owner is the only one who can do this to the horse (i could have remembered incorrectly on the exact words used). This basically is LG’s nicer way of saying “Mind your own business, woman!” :D

2. In previous episodes, JTE ask if LG cooks in his navy uniform and if he has done it for a woman. So in this scene, LG remembers her words and wears his uniform to cook for her whom he loves. I don’t know of any significant meaning to washing rice except I wash my rice before cooking it, too :lol: (of course there could be a meaning behind it but my mind is not too clear on what to think right now haha). 

@mrsj3n so, it is implied to us that the detective is alive after that horrendous truck of doom crash! How did he survive? Once again, I don’t understand. It looked like his car was totaled :crazy: but heck, it’s k-drama so everything goes haha. 

@Ameera Ali so glad you made it back to world 1. Hopefully you don’t return to the in-between because you know..we all need to be there together if LG and TE decides to do the inconsiderate there too..oopsss..:vicx::lol:

edit:

@rambutan wait. Real PM is dead? I didn’t get that vibe. I think the one who died is the doppelgänger. PM is playing two roles in both worlds (maybe that’s her goal). The one JTE met was most likely the real doppelgänger in ROK. But when real PM from KOC showed up in ROK, doppelgänger most likely was already killed. The one in the cafe and the one LG met at the end was the same PM. I don’t know if LG thinks the scar means she is fake PM. But to me, I took as it he understood that PM crossed over to ROK and is sharing the pain of breaking the rules of crossing over. The guard reported Sang Do as feeling a burning pain. But I just cannot figure if LG connected the pieces completely yet. Again, my mind is scattered haha. I may be wrong. 

• Like 12
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 2

2 minutes ago, rambutan said:

Has anyone deduced this yet? The real PM is dead/has been switched! 

How did this happen? After the PM received the mysterious newspapers, her interest was piqued. She accepted the invitation to go to RoK. LR just needed to talk her into meeting her doppelganger in another universe or going there to gain power and the King. She went over, and was killed. The doppelganger in RoK is now in KoC. 

There’s one thing that stood out - at the end, the PM asked if she didn’t tie him down with her media leak, if he would’ve run to propose to the mystery traveler.  She seemed super surprised that it’s actually happening. 

But the PM already knew that he had asked JTE to marry him, weeks prior. 

Can anyone translate that last bit better than Netflix?

• Like 9
  • Insightful 3

Ahhh, all your theories and explanations make sense.

I thought only the people from the Kingdom of Korea got the sparkly scars!!

But then, they didn't show Jin-sae or Yeong writhing in pain, did they?

Or is it just the people whose doppelgangers are dead?

So I wonder what's the significance?

• Like 6