[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

20 minutes ago, mouse007 said:

am curious how do you know it was for 74 minutes? I was actually wondering how much time was passing...

LG said that time stops by the square of a prime number and that time stops longer and longer every time they cross worlds. So the first time stopped probably when LG crossed to RoK, time stopped by 4 seconds (2*2). In the church scene, we were in 19th time stop and 19th prime number is 67. 67*67 is 4489 seconds (approx 74 mins). The number is also encircled in the board of LG.

For why the time stops longer and longer each time, maybe the road in the gate between worlds is getting longer? That is why crossing it takes longer and longer?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTCDPmCtHJMo58Dd-T3j9z

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 4
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, x2020 said:

Oh My Hawttttt...... King LG looks so "Hungry"  here... omo seriously his face on the 3rd kiss ... 

I dont know whether the credit should be given to the writer or Director or to LMH/KGE... 

The actors. No question.

They portrayed the thirst so well, if I didn’t know better, I’d think they weren’t acting. :lol:

honestly, I don't approve of what Lee Gon did in Episode 11. Beheading, and then commiting genocide against traitors without any due process. Seems tyrannical. Look I get it, they were part of a conspiracy to kill his father, but even criminals have human rights. Also, I understand this is fiction and we're talking about a monarchist Korea that exists in present day. Anyway, that is something I wanted to get off my chest.

@kboramint While I’m over here cheering for the merciless King. Of course I might feel different if this was real life but it’s a drama and I’m rooting for the him. I’m glad he’s not weak and fighting back because I’m afraid he will lose easily if he just stands by. I actually love it this way because we get to see a battle head to head between LG and LR. Not one is stronger than the other so it makes for a thrilling story. Plus, LR didn’t show any mercy when he killed Prince Jong In and he dare tries to kill JTE too. That’s a big no, no! I say go for blood, LG! Lol.

• Like 10
  • LOL 6
  • Love 4

11 minutes ago, rambutan said:

I noticed that the scars appeared at places where the victims were wounded to death. For example, LR's scar was due to neck twisting. LR's right hand man's scar (bookshop owner) was due to wounded leg. Lee Sang Do's scar is on the stomach.

Thanks for pointing that out. That does seem to make a lot of sense. So, PM Koo's doppleganger was wounded on the neck before she died. We still don't know if she was the one murdering or if it was someone else but if PM has her doppleganger's ID then she probably the one that killed her.   

Anyway, I still want PM Koo to have a public hanging. Just like how villianous women die in saguk dramas. Having her appear in prison wearing prison clothes seems boring. Lol.     

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, kboramint said:

Honsetly, I don't approve of what Lee Gon did in Episode 11. Beheading, and then commiting genocide against traitors without any due process. Seems tyrannical. Look I get it, they were part of a conspiracy to kill his father, but even criminals have human rights. Also, I understand this is fiction and we're talking about a monarchist Korea that exists in present day. Anyway, that is something I wanted to get off my chest.   

Same. Like due process dude. I even thought it will be a plot point in which KoC will be wary of LG because of the bloodshed and that it’s part of LL’s plan all along to make LG tyrannical so that the people will hate him. But the people in KoC just let it slide and was more focused in queen part. I mean the whole point of a constitutional monarchy is to give the its citizens human rights and be considered equal in the eyes of the law (having equal protection in the law). And that the highest law of the land is the constitution and not the words of a monarch.

But who knows maybe it’s part of their constitution that the current monarch could just kill whomever he pleases cause his words are the law. But I think the defeats the purpose of constitutional monarchy. 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

The actors. No question.

They portrayed the thirst so well, if I didn’t know better, I’d think they weren’t acting. 

:lol:

Definitely the actors. You can have the best writer and crew set but if you're actors aren't immersed in their characters then its just a waste of film. They were so good, that after episode 12, I felt exhausted as if I just had my neck kissed and then made love with the King. And that's with pajamas on. I mean, WOW! So I definitely agree. Credit is due to the actors. :D BTW, I'm pretty much dead so my doppelganger will be here soon. LOL!

1 hour ago, x2020 said:

Oh My Hawttttt...... King LG looks so "Hungry"  here... omo seriously his face on the 3rd kiss ... 

I dont know whether the credit should be given to the writer or Director or to LMH/KGE... 

Did anyone else stretch their neck out when the future queen did? Or was that just me?:lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1

I love reading all the comments.  I replay all the episodes looking for clues i missed.  Your insights r really thought provoking.  Yo yo boy seems to be totally cool with LR and Luna.  They both treat him totally different, as he is above their reality.  They both seem to pass by him on the way to the bookstore.  This is something i have no clue to, but i am going to assume things may not be what they seem.

• Like 9

11 minutes ago, Jad068 said:

Same. Like due process dude. I even thought it will be a plot point in which KoC will be wary of LG because of the bloodshed and that it’s part of LL’s plan all along to make LG tyrannical so that the people will hate him. But the people in KoC just let it slide and was more focus med in queen part. I mean the whole point of a constitutional monarchy is to give the its citizens human rights and be considered equal in the eyes of the law (having equal protection in the law). And that the highest law of the land is the constitution and not the words of a monarch.

But who knows maybe it’s part of their constitution that the current monarch could just kill whomever he pleases cause his words are the law. But I think the defeats the purpose of constitutional monarchy. 

Funny enough SJ made a comment concerning this. 

4aQt0CN.png

Does make you wonder how backwards KOC might actually be despite it being 4th in GDP ranking and what not, but who am I to judge.

• Like 7
  • LOL 7

Does anyone recognize this lady from ep 1? She was zoomed in for a few seconds so I dont know if she's important or not

mvWSJLc.png

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

31 minutes ago, rambutan said:

Sorry for cutting your post short. As expounded by others before, people whose doppelgangers died of unnatural causes suffer the lightning scars. SJ's counterpart died a natural death so he doesn't have a scar. 

I noticed that the scars appeared at places where the victims were wounded to death. For example, LR's scar was due to neck twisting. LR's right hand man's scar (bookshop owner) was due to wounded leg. Lee Sang Do's scar is on the stomach.

Although we didn't see how LeeGon or the PM's doppelgangers died, I can guess that JiHun died from a bashing on his shoulder while the PM's counterpart had her neck broken./twisted. The pregnant lady fortunately is not dead yet.

@rambutan For the bookstore owner, he had his scar on his leg right? But his doppelgänger didn't die from a wound to the leg, he died from shots to his back in that bookstore shootout. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

36 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

Soooo I just have thoughts on the time-stopping conundrum: 

1. Whenever the time stops, who are the ones who can move? Only the possessors of the Manpasikjeok (LG and LL) or everyone who has the scars? (Plus the yoyo boy? Do you think he can..?)

2. If eventually time will stop for a very, very long time, tbh it's only the ones who can move who will be affected. Even after, let's say, 10000 years, once time starts to roll again people will just go about their business as normal (but of course at this point, those who can move during the time stoppage will be dead). So really, whose benefit will closing the gate and stopping the stopping of the time be for?

3. If time stops only when someone uses the gate, theoretically can they just leave the gate open but make sure that nobody gets to use it?

My brain is hurting everyday :crazy:

@Wanderer062287 I think its just the people who hold the flute that are immune to being frozen in time. Right now its assumed that once time stops, it just stops. I had previously mentioned before I dont know how time is perceived in TKEM, whether it be a person or an it. For example, in Alice in Wonderland, time is frozen at the Mad Hatter's Party because the Mad Hatter and "Time" (as in a person) had a fight. Time could be unfrozen if the Mad Hatter and Time made up with each other. Time stops because the gates are opened. Therefore, leaving the gates opened all the time would probably lead to time being frozen all the time. Don't know if this would be helpful or not, but here's some links to post I made about time traveling and time !

• Like 12
  • Insightful 1

Phewwww.... I am so glad that I am not the only one who hasn’t moved on from the kiss.

episode 12 is our couple episode and I love it to bits.

and I have been abusing reply button lol!

also did anyone hear the sound of their actual lips on the last kiss?? Why am I obsess???

• Like 4
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, Keikokoko said:

I expected it to be heat burning slow kiss that took more than 3 minutes. Not a peck on neck and another peck on lips and a less than 2 second deep kiss that we couldn't see well. They might be making baby LG in there alright. But the foreplay just wasn't what it was promised.  Where is the fatal lethal part? I wasn't dead, my mouth didn't drop, my heart wasn't pounding fast. 

My expectation was built up too high. :joy:

tenor.gif

I was beginning to think that I'm the only odd one here not feeling it. 

But I blamed the article. It wrote "adult" but I felt it was still at PG13.  :joy:

@Heilo That's the point isn't it? It should be fatal! LOL

There is 1 time the kiss was shot by the window.

And here I was.. screaming... 

tenor.gif

And alas, we were showed to the door.

What a spoil sport! :joy:

@Ameera Ali You are back!

Aren't we glad LG takes her word literally? 

3 hours ago, CallieP said:

--------------------------------------

All JTE has to do is agree to be his Queen and they do not need to be separated. All he needs to do is to convince her. 

Actually.. I was kind of expecting JTE to ask LG about the declaration or both of them to even talk about it.

So can we take it as agreement for her silence??

I think that will be great if that's the case! 

3 hours ago, ladylia257 said:

2. Did LR love LG's mother in the past? Because I don't get why he had to dine with the woman that looked like LG's mom? Maybe that fueled his hatred towards LG's father. 

3. So is LR SJ's father? I heard people speculating this, but when I saw him brushing past SJ and being civil, it shocked me. His tone was gentle for his standard. 

That's what we have been wondering.

He sure didn't treat the rest with such "care" and to dine together. Won't he be afraid that she will poison the both of them together?

And he shouldn't be upset with more scars on her right?

Just because she has the face of his nephew's mother?

tenor.gif

I don't buy it.

Doubt he is the father of SJ. (But hey.. KES is unpredictable. Lol)

I think this is his way of approaching "his allies".

Ok. I can't keep up. LOL

Brb!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 15

Everyone, there's a fan project going on, to post the pic of them in front of the church, saying we love the drama on the caption, tagging LMH, KGE, SBS, Netflix Korea and both their agencies to show that we really appreciate this drama. 

Let's join! I already posted in my IG. You can also post on Twitter. 

• Like 9
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 2

Just finished episode 12. I m impressed with the scene LG rescuing TE. Both of them act very well, especially TE from disappointing and confusion expression when she is alone, a moment wanna to give up, a hope comes to her in sudden, mixture feeling, she portrays every sing plot very well, nothing more and nothing less.    

Besides, the bed scene................hahaha, i think they nailed to the characters, the move is so natural.  

• Like 15
  • Love 1

What I liked about Episode 12:

- More of Eun Soeb - he’s so hilarious!

- lots more interaction between our OTP, I actually feel we don’t see enough of them and hence I like seeing them deepen their relationship 

- the mystery of the pain when there’s thunder and lightning

- the revelation of the court lady noh at the end! Wow.... this opens up a lot of interesting storylines

what I didn’t like 

- confusing timeline for our OTP. I’m not sure when that scene of Lee Gon giving Tae Eul flowers happened. 
- still wondering what’s going on with prime minster Koo 

Shared more of the details in my blog entry here:
https://kdramaanalysis.com/2020/05/24/the-king-eternal-monarch-episode-12-key-moments/

• Like 14

1 hour ago, koreaboooo said:

Funny enough SJ made a comment concerning this.

Does make you wonder how backwards KOC might actually be despite it being 4th in GDP ranking and what not, but who am I to judge.

SJ is going to lead the revolution to free KOC from monarchism and lead it's people to a democratic republic. LOL.   

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 6
  • LOL 12

7 minutes ago, scrawford said:

Phewwww.... I am so glad that I am not the only one who hasn’t moved on from the kiss.

also did anyone hear the sound of their actual lips on the last kiss?? Why am I obsess???

Ahhhhhhh I thought I was going crazy!

But you heard it too?! 

jfkshwksjwkshsksbdosjskdbdofneoshdk

• Like 4
  • LOL 8
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, scrawford said:

Girl I'm so exhausted from the replay button that I am about to make a playlist. LOL! I have not moved on at all. That would require a whole lot of effort and right now I'm pretty much dead. I mean I'm with you! I was already shook when the King dived in? Dived under? lol! Let's go for dived in for her neck. But then the sounds! What? Sounds?!!! lmao!!! See? I'm exhausted. Neck + kiss +sounds + look + lust + more + more = we just served the thirsty viewers with what they have been asking for. LOL! And we can't even handle it. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3
  • LOL 10
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

Ahhhhhhh I thought I was going crazy!

But you heard it too?! 

jfkshwksjwkshsksbdosjskdbdofneoshdk

I kept repeating the scene and watched it on my Phone with earphone and high volume lol!

• Like 2
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

I was beginning to think that I'm the only odd one here not feeling it. 

But I blamed the article. It wrote "adult" but I felt it was still at PG13. 

@Heilo That's the point isn't it? It should be fatal! LOL

I was crying post watching episode 12 and rewatching when the time freeze in epi 10 where Lee Gon travels back from the future. I am afraid of something might happen to one of them or both as in worst case scenario someone dying! #SAVELeeEul

200.gif

• Sad 9