[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

44 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

My brain is hurting everyday :crazy:

I'm sorry for laughing but we all feel the same after every s i n g l e episode! Lol

@Heilo

tenor.gif

I'm still trying to stay optimistic here!

@Ameera Ali And here I am... still reminiscing that epic rescue scene!

9d45b57a653795e3693f7f3f2a50d2bcb7d1e106

Credits to itsjenniejennie from tumblr

It's on my repeat mode on Netflix!

• Like 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 4

2 minutes ago, MoonlightSerenade said:

Girl I'm so exhausted from the replay button that I am about to make a playlist. LOL! I have not moved on at all. That would require a whole lot of effort and right now I'm pretty much dead. I mean I'm with you! I was already shook when the King dived in? Dived under? lol! Let's go for dived in for her neck. But then the sounds! What? Sounds?!!! lmao!!! See? I'm exhausted. Neck + kiss +sounds + look + lust + more + more = we just served the thirsty viewers with what they have been asking for. LOL! And we can't even handle it. :sweatingbullets:

2 minutes ago, scrawford said:

I kept repeating the scene and watched it on my

obone with earphone and high volume lol!

We sound like such pervs but in my defense, it is totally for research purposes!

:lol:

I’m studying to see if it’s lmh and kge that I’m watching or LG and JTE. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 12

52 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

We sound like such pervs but in my defense, it is totally for research purposes!

:lol:

I’m studying to see if it’s lmh and kge that I’m watching or LG and JTE. 

I don't think we sound like perverts at all. LOL! We are just paying attention to all the details as the King has been. We shall not miss a thing. It is totally for research purposes, because the continual of the King's lineage is important. :lol:

52 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

I'm sorry for laughing but we all feel the same after every s i n g l e episode! Lol

But this time, I am thankful we have a week to recover. After the King's epic move, I now understand the game of chess. :lol:

57 minutes ago, scrawford said:

I kept repeating the scene and watched it on my Phone with earphone and high volume lol!

Or you could sit in your car and phone connected in and play it there. .... (said my doppelganger ) :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 14

31 minutes ago, rambutan said:

Sorry for cutting your post short. As expounded by others before, people whose doppelgangers died of unnatural causes suffer the lightning scars. SJ's counterpart died a natural death so he doesn't have a scar. 

I noticed that the scars appeared at places where the victims were wounded to death. For example, LR's scar was due to neck twisting. LR's right hand man's scar (bookshop owner) was due to wounded leg. Lee Sang Do's scar is on the stomach.

Although we didn't see how LeeGon or the PM's doppelgangers died, I can guess that JiHun died from a bashing on his shoulder while the PM's counterpart had her neck broken./twisted. The pregnant lady fortunately is not dead yet.

The logical could be there. People whose doppelgangers died of unnatural causes suffer the lightning scars. It has nothing to do with traveling between two worlds. LG, LR, and LR's followers all have the scars and suffer during the lightning. And, its only happened when they are in KOC. 

TE, Lady Noh, SJ, Luna and others doppelgangers who still alive or died in nature way, they don't have to suffer the lightning scars. Then, how to stop the pain, are they going to die eventually? Don't tell me LG will be dying. If he died, then this drama should not call "Eternal Monarch". Should call the "Last Emperor" instead. I hope the writer would not be  disappointed us. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:
45 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

My brain is hurting everyday :crazy:

Relax. Enjoy. Have faith in the writer and let the show take its course. 

She’s surprised me quite a bit so far. Week after week, this show proves to be unpredictable. I’ve given up on trying to figure out a beautiful ending. I’m just going to enjoy every bit of the remaining episodes and trust she will find a beautiful solution. :D 

• Like 10
  • Love 5
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, AgentQuake said:

I'm still not quite sure what Jangmi's purpose in this drama is, but I'm loving every scene he's in.

Since he's the maknae

- Managing the group chat of the police officers and make sure they all have their meal on time

- Runner for previous cases ... the one who took the hard proof evidence to the forensics Dept, arrested the bad guy etc..

- accompany one of his colleagues during stake out

-writing report

Thanks to him, JTE and SJ has lesser work (no more complaining).  They even have a vacation one after the other to solve their personal problems and be busy in this case involving the parallel universe:glasses:

• Like 5
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

Alright ladies, I’m going to rewatch the kiss one last time tonight and go to bed!

It’s 2:40pm in Seoul right now so hoping LMH or KGE posts more pictures on their IGs. If they do, I know I’ll be catching up on reading like 20 pages again on this thread. :lol:

We need more bts, pictures, promotional videos... anything to make this wait a little more bearable. :tired: Pleasssseee!!!

Goodnight ladies! (And gents!)

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6

Just now, Kdramatic said:

Alright ladies, I’m going to rewatch the kiss one last time tonight and go to bed!

It’s 2:40pm in Seoul right now so hoping LMH or KGE posts more pictures on their IGs. If they do, I know I’ll be catching up on reading like 20 pages again on this thread. :lol:

We need more bts, pictures, promotional videos... anything to make this wait a little more bearable. :tired: Pleasssseee!!!

Goodnight ladies! (And gents!)

Goodnight! Be sure to take a glass of water with you because you will need it after your bedtime research. :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

7 hours ago, cpt_falcon said:

ahahahhahahaha we are all cheering for jack to climb that beanstalk

OMG ahahahahahahahahaha

EDITED TO ADD THE FF REPLIES 

the scars (Why don't Shin Jae have the scar),

@YerV Cos his doppelganger died of natural causes.  The young SJ in Korea was not murdered.

Also, looks like LR is planning something huge with Japan, as someone mentioned before. Him being at the dock with those warships most likely isn't a coincidence. It may have been the plan all along to ruin relationships with Japan as the PM was the one who decided to push forward with attacks to which then LG said he would be at the front line of it all.

@MairaA Yes I pointed that out some pages ago.  Also said that I hope they round that arc so that the navy battle scene won't just be a filler or pretty scenic showcase for LG's character. 

And as requested, here's the Royal fam's genealogy chart - 

bW5ocvz.png

• Like 4
  • LOL 7
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 5

Not sure why, im tired from the lack of sleep, watching ep 12 until 2am... yet still grinning all morning due to the explosive neck kiss that was unexpected and shook everyone because it was sooo sexy n the fact that they went all the way...

I forgot to add the list of fav from yesterday's episode, the fact that Luna broke into Lee Rim's (or is it Lim, i forgot)...

Man, she is one smart cookie. Its not impossible to think that she is good and not gonna be evil despite taking over JTE's identity. And like someone commented, why not let her stay in RoK while JTE goes to KoC? Its a win win situation for everyone. SJ get his girl, they are both from the same world after all while LG and JTE rules Corea happily ever after:heart:..... Right right....

Its too late to say anything as we know ep16 script is already out and they are in the mist of filming it now but we can only hope for the best. If this is not  a happy ending, City Hall remains my fav drama of all time by this writer, sigh..

Also Lady Noh as mother of LR? I dont buy it.

I really wish the scene where Lee Gon gave flowers to JTE, his future self, really doesnt mean someone has died....  i really really really hope not!

• Like 7
  • Love 5

Hello everyone! I wasn't planning on replying (again) as I was too busy reading and trying to understand all the theories you guys made (i don't have the smartest brain lol) buuuuuuut!!!  That kiss was seriously something (haven't found the right word to describe it)!!!!

I'm not sure if someone has suggested this as I haven't finished catching up with the forum (y'all are so fast :D) but we know that the drama doesn't usually start the new episode where it previously ended. So I'm thinking that next week, the first scene won't show LG and PM. Therefore, I want to make a guess (a wish, really). A wild one at at that. What if next week they start at early morning in LG's bed....JTE in his arms...both naked...with only a blanket covering them...????:rolleyes:

I mean, if they're not gonna show them DO IT at least go all out in implying it!  This way, we will know clearly what exactly they did:wub:

• Like 10
  • LOL 8

So episode 12 was out of this world!! I've been watching THE KISS SCENE over and over again, cant get enough of them! 

I really hope we get some little babies!! I bet KES will break our hearts by closing the gates before JTE is able to tell LG she's pregnant. At the beginning of episode 1, LG is wearing the suit we now know is the one he wears or will wear in his most honorable moments (like when hes protecting his country, when hes proposing, etc).

I think LG finally managed to open up the portal again at that point and will defeat LR on the other side OR he's going to propose to his woman. I don't know if it'll be a forever fix though.

Lady Noh's revelation surprised me only because of the way she worded it since it made me question her more because the flute is revealed every 20 years, so I guess in her lifetime, it had come around 3-4 times but how did she use it, if not her, who used it? It's only given to Kings.. but anyways honestly, I kind of knew it in the back of my mind she was from ROK. She never questioned where LG went, when she saw the poetry book, she wasn't surprised, it was like as if she got a piece of herself back, of her history back, a connection with her country back. I guess the reason she always tried getting JTE away from LG was because of the price she probably had to pay for coming to ROC. She knows and is advising against it - not because it can't be done but because I bet last time this happened (probably when Lady Noh was a young woman) something bad happened. I just wonder if LG knows and what was the bad thing that happened.

Going off of the preview for episode 12, looks like LR's woman might just be the PM. It would definitely explain how she climbed the social ladder so fast, as explained by @bebebisous33. It would make sense she's LR's woman because if LR can't be King, and he can't be PM since he's declared dead in ROC, he can definitely have someone fill in the next position of power. 

Also in the preview:

KSJ will be visiting someone in the hospital and is surprised. JTE looks at a dead body. JTE and LG go back and forth between ROK and ROC. Luna meets JTE's dad. Luna and JTE may meet. Luna kisses KSJ. JTE seems to discover LR's bamboo forest. JTE wants to talk to LG about something. KSR (PM) no clue, she always confuses me LOL. 

Spoiler

JTE may be wearing the clothes that we saw she was wearing in the spoiler video in which she got stabbed

Also, looks like LR is planning something huge with Japan, as someone mentioned before. Him being at the dock with those warships most likely isn't a coincidence. It may have been the plan all along to ruin relationships with Japan as the PM was the one who decided to push forward with attacks to which then LG said he would be at the front line of it all. We also know that LR has been preparing an army, for what? I guess to go to war.  His ultimate goal is to be in an undefeated god like state by possessing both halves of the flute but in order to reign over both worlds, he must defeat the people in power as well. 

About the glowing scars that appear, I definitely have to agree with the majority. LG gets it because he's being called upon, others get it because they've caused imbalance in the world. As long as you haven't directly caused imbalance, you are free from the pain. I think the ring may come into play here in the sense that the design of the ring is very similar to the look of the scar, it may be used to absorb the shock associated with traveling the worlds. I'm sure in previous times when the Kings traveled (secretly between the worlds) or used the flute, they wore the ring, to absorb the shock (if any at the time) which is why only the Kings are allowed to wear the ring. The reason LG wouldn't know about the ring or how it works is because his father didn't believe in the powers of the flute so thus had no experience with anything related to it. LR has somehow gotten used to the pain associated with his scar, therefore doesn't require the ring anymore. LG probably also thinks it's LR's ring as he wore it on the night of the murder of his father and put it on PB after he killed him. 

ALSO, someone uploaded a chart of the hierarchy or lineage for KOC, can someone link that for me again? I can't find it :( I will be rewatching the kiss scene and the 12 episodes the entire week now, and lurking here.

Here we go again, another 5 days...... I miss our couple already :( So sad the show is almost over as well ugh :(:(:( 

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 8

51 minutes ago, ladylia257 said:

Everyone, there's a fan project going on, to post the pic of them in front of the church, saying we love the drama on the caption, tagging LMH, KGE, SBS, Netflix Korea and both their agencies to show that we really appreciate this drama. 

Let's join! I already posted in my IG. You can also post on Twitter. 

I will definitely be joining in!!! Twitter and IG, they deserve all the love :wub:

45 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Ahhhhhhh I thought I was going crazy!

But you heard it too?! 

jfkshwksjwkshsksbdosjskdbdofneoshdk

BUT, did yall HEAR the neck kiss sound? And the kisses overall were pretty deep too, we didn't get the greatest angles but I definitely saw a little tongue and mouth openings LOL 

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4714afba85279d1edf64

• Like 3
  • Naughty 2
  • LOL 15

1 hour ago, Jad068 said:

Same. Like due process dude. I even thought it will be a plot point in which KoC will be wary of LG because of the bloodshed and that it’s part of LL’s plan all along to make LG tyrannical so that the people will hate him. But the people in KoC just let it slide and was more focused in queen part. I mean the whole point of a constitutional monarchy is to give the its citizens human rights and be considered equal in the eyes of the law (having equal protection in the law). And that the highest law of the land is the constitution and not the words of a monarch.

But who knows maybe it’s part of their constitution that the current monarch could just kill whomever he pleases cause his words are the law. But I think the defeats the purpose of constitutional monarchy. 

my two cents...a continuing crime has already been established since LG already identified LL as alive and has rounded up his own set of army, even hurting innocent civilians during the New Year’s nightwalk. And since he’s alive, his past crime of killing LG’s father (then King) still remains unpunished, hence, making LG’s campaign to hunt them all the more warranted. LG even declared all their actions as act of terrorism against KOC. 

• Like 13

1 minute ago, MairaA said:

I will definitely be joining in!!! Twitter and IG, they deserve all the love :wub:

BUT, did yall HEAR the neck kiss sound? And the kisses overall were pretty deep too, we didn't get the greatest angles but I definitely saw a little tongue and mouth openings LOL 

Yes!!! I saw the tongue. Gosh they are so compatible!! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4