[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

4-AB4-B062-64-AE-4888-B178-EF9-CF48-BE3-

4-DC09327-147-B-4-B62-A14-F-3-A99-CC433-

Good to know that Detective Kang survived the car crash(Ep11), because we know the persistent officer was still pursuing ‘Luna’ and informed LG like an efficient government official(Ep12).

• Like 11
  • Awesome 2

1 hour ago, koreaboooo said:

She's LG's doppelganger's mother so she has the same face as LG's mother. That woman isn't SJ's mom. SJ's current mom is the gambler addict, while his real mom is the one who got poisoned this episode. The woman LR is threatening is the same woman from episode 1 whose husband and son were killed by him and then she laughed at her husband's death. 

Think i got confused. I am bad with faces...

So the one LR was threatening is this one?

The_King-Eternal_Monarch-PSD-Seo_Jung-Ye

Then SJ's mom is this one

The_King-Eternal_Monarch-Hwang_Young-Hee  The_King-Eternal_Monarch-C-Hwang_Young_H

• Like 9

Regarding Head Court Lady Noh. Given all that we have seen of her, the way she has cared for LG and his love for her, I  don't think she is bad.

I read up a bit of the myths of founding of the Goryeo Dynasty. From Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Founding_legends_of_the_Goryeo_royal_family

"After reaching adulthood, Jakjegeon, who was described as courageous and exceptionally intelligent, set sail for Tang to meet his father Emperor Suzong. However, he was caught in a storm in the middle of the Yellow Sea and encountered a dragon woman (용녀; 龍女) whom he brought back home and married.[4] The Seongwonnok (성원녹; 聖源録) identifies the "dragon woman" as the daughter of a man from Pyongsan County named Dueunjeomgakgan (두은점각간; 頭恩坫角干),[8] who is thought to be a member of the Pyongsan Park clan.[9] Pyongsan County was called Pyeongju (평주; 平州) during the Goryeo period,[10][11][12][13][14] and was home to General Sin Sung-gyeom of the Pyongsan Sin clan, who sacrificed himself to save Wang Geon at the Battle of Gongsan. The dragon woman, known posthumously as Queen Wonchang, gave birth to Wang Ryung, whose son Wang Geon would become the founder of Goryeo.[4]

Lady Noh said that her mother's name was Shin Jeong-Ae, and she is from Pyoksong Province in Hwanghae Province (now part of North Korea).

Maybe she is a descendant from the above mentioned General Sin who saved Wang Geon. And hence, she is descended from a family who are Protectors of Kings. Somehow before the Korean War, when she was 17 years old, in either 1949 and 1950, she was transported to KOC, to escape the War and/or protect the King. Her duty to protect LG is hereditary. But she misses her family and that is why we see her reading the poetry with such sadness.

• Like 9
  • Insightful 7
  • Thanks 1

We should probably congratulate Lee Gon on his progress.

Last time he brought JTE to his palace, she pulled a gun on him, slung insults for 24 hours straight, tried to vandalize his apartment, and then got stranded 200 miles away.  He was barely allowed to put his head on her shoulder, and then somehow it was implied that he should be considerate and he got kicked out, although that's his own poor deductive reasoning. 

This time, she's basically moved in and sleeping in his bed and they're having the inconsiderate secks.

WELL DONE BOY.  WAY TO GO WOW.

• Like 2
  • LOL 17

3 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

Clearly it’s personal taste :joy:

# same vibe:wub:

I actually watched personal taste for the first time prior to watching The King! Lol

The only thing that is slightly similar is LMH kissing an area of the neck. :lol: The kiss in Personal Taste looks like he is just touching the back of her neck with his lips... This kiss, you can see his jaw move sensually kissing her neck (maybe even a quick little lick!) :naughty:

Question about Lady Noh’s secret, do you guys think LG knows that she is from the other world? I think the Prince knew, that’s why it hit her so hard when he passed. :bawling:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 13
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

21 minutes ago, Phoenix Klaw said:

Regarding Head Court Lady Noh. Given all that we have seen of her, the way she has cared for LG and his love for her, I  don't think she is bad.

I read up a bit of the myths of founding of the Goryeo Dynasty. From Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Founding_legends_of_the_Goryeo_royal_family

"After reaching adulthood, Jakjegeon, who was described as courageous and exceptionally intelligent, set sail for Tang to meet his father Emperor Suzong. However, he was caught in a storm in the middle of the Yellow Sea and encountered a dragon woman (용녀; 龍女) whom he brought back home and married.[4] The Seongwonnok (성원녹; 聖源録) identifies the "dragon woman" as the daughter of a man from Pyongsan County named Dueunjeomgakgan (두은점각간; 頭恩坫角干),[8] who is thought to be a member of the Pyongsan Park clan.[9] Pyongsan County was called Pyeongju (평주; 平州) during the Goryeo period,[10][11][12][13][14] and was home to General Sin Sung-gyeom of the Pyongsan Sin clan, who sacrificed himself to save Wang Geon at the Battle of Gongsan. The dragon woman, known posthumously as Queen Wonchang, gave birth to Wang Ryung, whose son Wang Geon would become the founder of Goryeo.[4]

Lady Noh said that her mother's name was Shin Jeong-Ae, and she is from Pyoksong Province in Hwanghae Province (now part of North Korea).

Maybe she is a descendant from the above mentioned General Sin who saved Wang Geon. And hence, she is descended from a family who are Protectors of Kings. Somehow before the Korean War, when she was 17 years old, in either 1949 and 1950, she was transported to KOC, to escape the War and/or protect the King. Her duty to protect LG is hereditary. But she misses her family and that is why we see her reading the poetry with such sadness.

@Phoenix Klaw Oh yea I was thinking similar thing about Lady Noh! I mentioned how its probably connected to the whole Goryeo Royal Family in an earlier post seen here about that connection as well as some others that might be helpful too!

• Like 9

So happy about the ratings today. Also, that kiss!!! I see it everywhere now. Haha, reminds me of the Legend of the Blue Sea one. I actually really like ep 11 and 12 and now I want MORE!!! I'm wondering if they will be able to explain everything in the last 4 episodes? There are a lot of things to explain like the kid (did he just disappear and who is he?), the scars (Why don't Shin Jae have the scar), time stopping (How will Lee Gon stop time from stopping?), also who saved Lee Gon when he was young? (I really hope they go back to this, sometimes dramas will just forget and not go back) Anyways, I will say I am disappointed that Jo Yeong and Eun Seob really don't have their own stories. I was hoping they would since Woo Do Hwan is killing it. Also, I wish they'd show us more of Luna! She seems so interesting. Shin Jae is super cool too!!! Of course the leads are amazing!! I'm super excited for their love story and chemistry!!! I am so proud of this cast for working so hard during this time. Can't wait for next week!!!

• Like 9
  • Love 3

Now that we know Lady Noh came from ROC...Do you think it's possible that LG's mother also came from ROC?  Perhaps as a scientist she left her journals that could help him figure out the  correlation  between the parallel  worlds and time travel.  :crazy:

• Like 12
  • Awesome 1

4 hours ago, Heretorant said:

This is one of my favorite scenes. It’s beautiful, deep and poignant. My interpretation: in this moment, he knows his time left with her will be short lived. Similar to what JTE experienced at the end of episode 10, I believe this was a moment of awakening for him. They’ve always known they must restore balance and close the gates but they’ve both buried their feelings about their inevitable separation and chose to live in the moment. As time stops right before his eyes yet another time though, he knew it was his duty to prevent it from stopping forever. He needs to close the gates. He cries because it hurts. If they are separated by worlds, I assume the pain they’d feel is the same as the pain we feel when someone we love passes away. We have to remember that being separated by worlds means they can no longer contact each other. Their relationship is long distance but 100x worse than that. No, they cannot call each other on the phone and no, they cannot write to each other through mail or the internet. He understands this all too well so he cries because it pains him to know she will be “gone” forever one day, very soon. 

What makes this scene even more heart breaking is the coincidence of him realizing that as they are ready to take a photo. This photo will later be the only thing that he has left of her, to remind him of their time together and to remind him that she is real. Yes, it may have been a coincidence but now, this photo is his way of holding onto her. 

And I can’t pay appreciation to the beauty of this scene without speaking about lmh and his phenomenal performance. You can just see he’s trying hard to hold back his tears and he’s nearly shaking as he fails to stop himself from crying. He portrayed LG’s hidden suffering flawlessly as he went from crying to recollecting himself to faking a smile in front of the camera. The way lmh portrayed LG here has so many layers. He made me cry with LG. I feel his deep suffering and it pains me to see him put up a front. I’m a sucker for characters like LG, the type that suffers silently. I feel the feels for him. I want to hug him. 

I also loved this particular scene. I loved that he took her to the church where his parents got married. I agree, LMH’s acting in this one is so darn good and you can really feel the internal struggle. Actually, I think the act of taking the photo is him already realizing that they are bound to separate which is why he is memorializing it so to speak. One thing I appreciate about LG is that despite knowing that their relationship might be doomed, he goes all out for her any way. 

That part where they tell each other (I forgot which episode it was) not to ask the other to stay or go, was also important I felt. It’s basically them telling each other they know where they should be. 

My personal hunch is that they will eventually close the door but will find another way to be together. Or JTE might realize she wants to be with him in the Kingdom of Corea and just move there. 

Edited by Jillia
  • Like 6
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, triplejist . said:

Reveal hidden contents

a rose growing in winter, darling, that’s you by Abby S

This got me emotional I am not gonna lie. It was such an epic beautiful scene poetic and just seeing these gifs got me emotional   as-f:bawling:

This couple is driving me nuts! My shipper senses has reached and past all sanity and has crossed into insanity levels 

Edited by Jillia
  • Like 6
  • LOL 2

I really wish they had put more emphasis on the fact that they weren't just frozen for a moment, but it was for 74 minutes.  At some point, they're going to be stuck like this and all he can do is stare at her frozen face.

Even if she becomes his Queen and decides to stay, as long as LR or anybody else has the other half of Mansiepfidsfioejk, this will be their ultimate fate.

• Like 7
  • Sad 5