[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

2 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

I wonder if this set up is for the coronation of the new queen? There were some photos last week that showed a gray building with a white swag curtain and flowers lining the stairs. Could that be the sight of a royal wedding? Never know with KES! 

Edited by Jillia
Please answer outside the quote, thanks!
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

LMH's IG post is at the set of the Kingdom of Corea (possibly at the palace); same place where KSR was announced as the new Prime Minister. The flag on our left side is their national flag, while the black one on the right is the King's flag.

EZgUoyzU4AAB-Yn?format=jpg&name=small

episode 9

VHiHaYj.png

• Like 10

1 hour ago, Heretorant said:

Firstly, I’d like to clarify, he was not head over heels in love with her. He was interested and liked her but maybe not to the level of love. Notice when he pronounced her his queen, he said it so 1) she will have a reason to know his name and 2) he will have a reason to stay. He didn’t declare his love for her and still until this day, has not. He at least knew that she was someone connected to him. Was it love? Was it something else? Either way, the answer lies with her. Unknowingly, he probably liked her because he needed her. I don’t think he calculated it but I do believe he subconsciously felt connected to her because he knew the answer he is looking for requires him to know this girl. Overtime, his liking grew into something more. She’s cute, she’s amusing, she makes him laugh and she was the first to ever ask what kind of king he was. It wasn’t hard to love her when he started off liking her. 

May I offer another explanation? People fall in love and sometimes it’s unexplainable. Especially in korean dramas. I just take it as it is. The reason he liked her is because he did. 

But that being said, I still believe this is not the first timeline. This is most likely an overlapping timeline of the previous one before. The points above are still valid though. He knew she was the answer and knew he was connected to her someway, somehow. He likes her because he does and maybe he doesn’t even know why. Love is unexplainable sometimes. It’s unexplainable because he’d already loved her times before but is not consciously aware of it. 

@Wanderer062287 @Heilo Agree! And that’s why he finds her so amusing. She gets irritated easily and is not afraid to put him in his place. She’s a breath of fresh air. 

I love how he’d often watch her get annoyed by him and just smile because he finds it funny and cute. 

It is an overlapping timeline of the previous hence he had the ID card. 

Regarding why he fell in love with her we are on the same page 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, madmad min said:

JY had MSA in KOC, he did not fall for her first because she never STOOD UP to him, she was more of a fangirl! , rather he got fascinated with Nari who Scolded Him. JY is still fascinated with Nari , he fell for her or not not neccesary.

The point being both the men will rather fall for a Woman who isn't a fangirl of their status but an equal to their capacity.

I wanted JY and Nari as the second OTP not ES and Nari. I alot of people may perfer ES but I perfer JY his considerate.

I think JY never really gave her a chance because his so busy despite them being colleges and working in the same palace or they could have done triangle with Nari's double, JY and ES or 4 ways rectangle 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

Re: the topic of when Lee Gon fell in love with her, I just watched the first episode like 16 times trying to figure out the shoes so I have a lot of thoughts.

I don't think he fell in completely and deeply love with her until about episode 5/6.  Not with his logical brain computing and calculating everything, but also for the bulk of the 25 years, JTE was an adult while he was a child.  She was probably his security blanket, his savior, and also the lightning rod of stability in his life.  We don't know if he believed in time travel, but we know that his computer-like brain was able to accept the magic and destiny side of things because her 2019 ID card ended up in his hands.  Almost like a fairy godmother.  I'm guessing with his fairytale brain, and the fact that this person who looks very pleasant and sweet, his headcanon of her is probably that of an angel.

And then of course, he meets her and she slings 20 insults per moment at him, manhandles him, insults him...and I think he's completely fascinated by her.  All of a sudden, his 25 years of headcanon is gone, which he actually mentions as being a new development, but he can get used to it.   He likes being treated like a regular human being.  We also know that he REALLY values honesty.  He mentioned it to PM during their first meeting, and turns on her the second PM tries to question his honesty.  JTE is nothing BUT honest.  LG also is very benevolent and the people come first for him.  JTE works for the people, and she works hard for the people.  Despite her attitude, she takes cares of the citizens and the loved ones around her.  For a King whose father was murdered by a loved uncle, and who grew up not even being able to eat or drink without someone tasting his food and putting themselves in danger, here's a girl who is honest, hard working, cares about people, and at SOME POINT in her life, was involved with risking it all to save him.

The turning point that went from like, a crush to deep burning red love was episode 6, when she calls his name.  And then of course, the hug at the end that basically gave him permission from HER to fully love her.  Because Lee Gon is all about the consent (THANK GOD!!!!!).  He always asks her permission before doing anything - whether it's going to the bamboo forest for the first time, going to his world...he only came back at the end of ep 4 to make sure she was okay after the lightning scars.  And to return Nari's money.  I have absolute confidence that if she told him to go to hell and not come back after 4, he would've respected that and left.  Even at the end of 6, after all the time together, he said he wasn't sure if she would want him back.  But her hugging him basically gave him permission to go all in on the relationship, and he did.  But I don't know if he would have let himself love her 100% before that, in case she said no.

JTE on the other hand, when she feels like loving someone, she's going to love them.  Which actually works out really really well with LG constantly planning and accessing everything.

BALANCE!

• Like 13
  • Love 10
  • Awesome 1

56 minutes ago, Elnin Joery said:

Bingo! Thanks. 

I can see them now there is a black flag and another one. @Heretorant The black flag must be the King's flag that you were referring to 

How did you even miss it in the first place is beyond me:joy:

7d9de2f034f27083db690027f9d9a3ed.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

2 hours ago, Heretorant said:

Firstly, I’d like to clarify, he was not head over heels in love with her. He was interested and liked her but maybe not to the level of love. Notice when he pronounced her his queen, he said it so 1) she will have a reason to know his name and 2) he will have a reason to stay. He didn’t declare his love for her and still until this day, has not. He at least knew that she was someone connected to him. Was it love? Was it something else? Either way, the answer lies with her. Unknowingly, he probably liked her because he needed her. I don’t think he calculated it but I do believe he subconsciously felt connected to her because he knew the answer he is looking for requires him to know this girl. Overtime, his liking grew into something more. She’s cute, she’s amusing, she makes him laugh and she was the first to ever ask what kind of king he was. It wasn’t hard to love her when he started off liking her. 

May I offer another explanation? People fall in love and sometimes it’s unexplainable. Especially in korean dramas. I just take it as it is. The reason he liked her is because he did. 

But that being said, I still believe this is not the first timeline. This is most likely an overlapping timeline of the previous one before. The points above are still valid though. He knew she was the answer and knew he was connected to her someway, somehow. He likes her because he does and maybe he doesn’t even know why. Love is unexplainable sometimes. It’s unexplainable because he’d already loved her times before but is not consciously aware of it. 

@Heretorant  Well said!

Somehow I always align with the minority opinion, so I think we are seeing their first time.  But I think the second part of what you said will come into play after the timeline is reset.  I think LG visited her with Forget-Me-Nots just before going off to save the world (by resetting the timeline and thus changing memories).  I'm also in the minority when I think that he is the one who will remember and she is the one who will forget.  But he can travel to the past in the reset timeline and leave clues for her.  Maybe he will leave their photo at the church with her when she is a little child, and she will grow up always wondering about that man, and when she meets him she will run into his arms.

KES is really big on destiny, I think.  It is simply meant to be.

"Anything that was meant to be is called destiny."

0190d793535b9a6b060219f9d5e39ff767a1e019

b8e2aa1deced47f9fca24755b68b6696f27b8881

7dce50ba2145ce51968a5e258d618ee85f528032

• Like 11
  • Love 1

I'm making a prediction for the resolution of the episode 13 cliffhanger.
I'd probably be wrong, but if I'm right, I'd be happy to give you a spoiler.
I've already mentioned it, but I don't remember where, sorry if I'm repeating myself.

Also, I bring new ideas I didnt have before.

Be ready for something crazy !!!

TKEM madness... :crazy:

Spoiler

During the scene, you will have noticed 3 shots with a mirror.
In the first shot, Luna is moving.
Then Lee Gon understands who she is: "You must be Luna."
Point A.
Then Lee Gon has his revelation.
At that moment, there are two more shots with Luna in the mirror.
But she's completely motionless.
When Lee Gon finishes his revelation, he cries and starts staggering but doesn't fall down.
However, until then, we don't have a shot of Luna.
Point B.
Finally, we only see Lee Gon's body falling down and Luna moving.

My theory is that between point A and point B, a timestop occurs.
It's Lee Lim switching worlds. This is not shown live, because at that moment we are witnessing a scene of Lee Lim in the future.

Appendix note: There may be a relationship between the moment when a time stop appears, and the moment when a character can travel through time.

In addition to the shots showing the two mirrors with Luna standing still, there is another clue:
Lee Lim is shown in the same situation as he was shown in the scene before the timestop in episode 3.
Same location.
And same context, he is in the future (if this theory proves to be true, of course).

One more reason for this timestop to take place: Lee Lim changes world after having understood in the future that it is Lee Gon who saved himself.
The scene of Lee Lim in the future is not shown in the chronology of the scene of Lee Gon (a bit normal, a scene in the future doesn't need to be). On the other hand, Lee Lim then decides to go back to the present time juste after that.
And of course, he has to hurry to change world to join Lee Gon and try to stop him. So, this takes place at the moment when Lee Gon has his revelation. Why that exact moment? Because it's the inflection point of a temporal change. It is reflected on the timeline, and Lee Gon from the future has the information that has just been echoed now (think back to the drama Nine Time Travel for this kind of process).

During this timestop, Lee Gon is affected by drugs and staggers.
As a matter of urgency, he drinks a bottle of water and vomits to pump his stomach.
Or any other way.
He is a bit stunned but manages to resist.
When the timestop finishes, point B, he collapses in front of Luna.
Of course, he's acting.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

So there's this show that I watch called "The Flash" about this guy who has the ability of super speed and can allow him to travel both the past and future. In season 3, he sees gets only a very small glimpse into the future (months in advance) where the love of his life, Iris, dies by the hands of his enemy. So in order to change that final outcome he tries to change present events to change her future. In the video clip below, his friend explains how (I felt like LG needed to do something similar with the whole team in TKEM):

Ultimately, him and his team figure out that they couldn't change the future and Iris was resigned to the fact she was going to die. However, in a twist, the person who ends up getting stabbed and dying was actually his friend disguised as Iris (meaning that his friend essentially sacrifices himself) Relating this back to TKEM, I think it could be pretty applicable in the sense that LG must choose carefully which events to change in order to have a future where JTE doesn't die.  Also, KES could be using the same twist where the JTE that dies is not really JTE, but actually Luna.

Also in this song in "The Flash" called "Running Home to You", I thought it reflected both LG's love for JTE. JTE was LG's "light in the dark". Regardless of how the "days may unfold" or what the "future may hold" , LG is "meant to be wherever" JTE is next to him and he would always want to "come running home" to her. :heart:

• Like 6
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1

42 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

@SweetButters runs to the exhibition center with her magic marker and tags the giant mural of LG and draws...things on his chest.

@AgentQuake HAHAHAHAHHAHAH darn!! its been a week now right??? I literally thought everyone would have forgotten it by now hahahahha. But heyyyy my mistake on LG's chest led to maximum enjoyment from everyone else right??!! :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

LOL so we are spazzing about the latest IG post of LMH?  I think LMH & WDH are playing it up with the TEKM fans!

Anw, for those still wondering about the SAVIOUR or SAVIOURS, I have worked on something.  if you are familiar with my previous posts about this, my theory is that that LG was not alone in the rescue ops.  Based on additional info we got from Epis 12-13, I re-framed the data posted before to have a clearer comparison. Whaddyathink??

CzkPJX3.png

OK, let's go back to spazzing!

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 8

@SweetButters I DID NOT ASK TO BE REMINDED OF HR WELLS DYING. 

That being said, I do find this show strangely connected to the Arrowverse.  Non Flarrow fans have mentioned JTE being a fixed point/object for LG to travel around, just like Iris is Barry's lightning rod. 

Also - Barry and Eobard are about to have their final s1 fight and Barry goes back in time to save his mother, who was being murdered by Eobard.  Little Barry always knew that somebody saved him as a child, but didn't really know it was himself because at the time, how could he?  His mother was stabbed during that and died.  Barry then goes back in time at the end of s1 to save his mother, but realizes that he can't do that.  Barry 1 saves himself, Barry 2 speaks to his mother when she dies, Barry 3 fights Thawne.  It's actually VERY similar to what we could see.

I also think that the multiverse merge this year was very interesting - did you watch Crisis on Infinite Earths?  I'm intrigued by the doppelgangers killing one another and wrecking the balance in the universe, when in the Arrowverse, they had to SAVE the multiverse by mashing the worlds and merging one of the doppels out of existence.

Sooo...is there a Lee Gon Savitar out there?  I'm sorry, but that would be HOT HOT HOOOOT.

• Like 6
  • Love 2

13 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

LOL so we are spazzing about the latest IG post of LMH?  I think LMH & WDH are playing it up with the TEKM fans!

Anw, for those still wondering about the SAVIOUR or SAVIOURS, I have worked on something.  if you are familiar with my previous posts about this, my theory is that that LG was not alone in the rescue ops.  Based on additional info we got from Epis 12-13, I re-framed the data posted before to have a clearer comparison. Whaddyathink??

Nobody can deny of the possibility of 2 saviours nor prove imo. It's 2 or 1 saviours both being possible but as for the 2 saviours I don't think anyone can prove it out right. 

JY being the second saviour is the popular census in here and then we have a minority @AgentQuake who thinks it's SJ

• Like 4
  • LOL 3