[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

6 hours ago, ElectricHearts said:

I have watched CLOY now about 5x. Taking a break to watch other Baeksang nominated shows. Right now, CLOY is still my favorite. So hoping the show will win Best Drama/Daesang or even Screenplay. Right now, I think the show's competiion is When The Camellia Blooms. I did small appearance from Jang Hye-Jin) . Mainly hoping for SYJ Daesang/Best Actress and HB for Best Actor :)

I love more news of CLOY being watched around the world. I am from Canada. Sadly it is no longer on the top 10 on Netflix but I think it was in Feb/March. 

Wow!! 5X! That's amazing. I'm in my 3rd watch now. Baeksang competition will be tough, so cross my fingers that CLOY will bag some major awards. Glad to know that CLOY was on Top 10 Netflix Canada in Feb/ Mar. That's already great achievement!

4 hours ago, MsHoon2219 said:

This tweet is one example why our Capt Ri is perfect. OMG I can’t even. He’s so precious it hurts and I wanna cry. Lol

https://twitter.com/rijeonghyeoks/status/1261955619126304768?s=20

and oh I also saw on twitter that CLOY is ranked number 3 on Netflix today in the Philippines. I think it had been in the top 10 since CLOY started last year and had been number 1 for many weeks. It’s a certified ‘CLOYNATION indeed. Lol 

For the twitter link, when you post it a pop-up will ask you if you want to post just link or otherwise. Usually it should post the full tweet. You do need to click enter once you paste the link.

Yes Phil really super crazy about CLOY! #3 ranking is so impressive after 3 months the finale was aired! In Malaysia, it's also went back to Top 10, climbing from #8 to #7 and now its #6! I saw a tweet that it's #9 or #8 in Singapore!

4 hours ago, MsHoon2219 said:

Yes! I love the power dynamic between our main leads, both powerful and rich. Their status wasn’t used as a major conflict in the story , rather it was used as a tool so they were able to save and help each other and when needed, get out of danger. And so true! I love how Seri made things work her way when she landed in NK. She’s such a boss! Lol I also love the pep talks she gave herself to survive. 

Good observation on Koreans’ social behavior! I’m watching Reply 1988 and I’m baffled at how the kids could yell at their parents like that. Like man, I’d get my butt whopped real bad if I do that. Lmao. But I love the aspect of high respect towards the elders in their society and considering how great and thriving their art culture is, they’re probably a very demonstrative lot indeed. 

Seri was really the boss! Even when she was with Gu Seung-Joon and his "butler", she sat them down for a meeting to discuss the plans for her escape from NK back to SK lol!! I love how CLOY portrays a strong FL who is a leader, CEO and in total control of different situations she is in (or at least she tried to control it). Yes, her pep talks are so funny and cute! That's also why it's so funny to see her interactions with no-nonsense Captain Ri who is not intimidated by her bossy ways, but still he gave in to her cuz he's soft-hearted.

All this yelling in Kdramas are so funny at times! It seems so natural too, and no one thinks there's anything wrong with it LOL!! But yes, their respect for elders and seniors are really really strong in SK. Even amongst siblings, the older one gets served food first before the younger. I learnt that watching Return of the Superman. :D

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

@TotoroSY oh thanks for the tip! I didn’t see the popups yesterday but I see them now for the tweet below. My phone’s messing up with me. LOL. The last time I was active in forums was before twitter became huge so this all new to me lol! And yes! I love that we can see snippets of our main leads’ distinct personalities in subtle scenes like that. Like with Capt Ri, in his 1st few scenes at the DMZ, he was able to pinpoint the location of the robbers by the sound of gunshots and even the type of firearms that were used. Then at the carpark scene in SK with Cho Cheol Gang pointing a gun at him, he was able to locate Seri in the dark just by listening to her voice. I guess it alludes to him having good ears being a musician. The writer and director are both geniuses! 

On another note re: Baeksang. It’s a bit of a bummer that we can only vote via TikTok. I thought I’d never but I guess I’d be a tiktoker now. :lol:

Let’s do this! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/23/2020 at 10:13 PM, TotoroSY said:

WOW! You are a LOTR fan too? I was almost fanatical about it during the airing of the movies. Read the 3 huge books TWICE. Have 2 copies of it, cuz need to lend one copy to friends. And joined all the different forums and read LOTR fan experts dissection of every detail LOL! I love fantasy genre! Yes, LOTR really broke all the preconceive ideas and boxes set by award predictors. I am also hoping hard that CLOY can have that same impact at Baeksang and K-ent and beyond. Sometimes, a product need to make its fame outside of the country before it can be acknowledged back in its own homeland. Not that CLOY was not popular in SK,  but I do think it is even more popular and reviewed positively abroad in other regions.

I think that was a pretty standard Kdrama trope ML = rich heirs who are kinda a jerk, but usually have a troubled history that made them that way, meeting the FL who's poor and struggling. But that's probably more prevalent back in the early 2000s to 2010s. It's slowly shifting, with more balance between the FL and ML in terms of status and "power" of influence. And I do agree that CLOY's FL and ML is actually quite different, though they still have some similar tropes, like both are from rich or influential background ie the elites in society. Big difference is how YSR is an independent successful woman and RJH is not the jerk rich heir, but instead is quiet and stoic, and always treat YSR very a very gentlemanly way and protecting her, and proud of her achievements instead of being insecure about it. One reviewer pointed out that RJH is more like the usual Kdrama 2nd ML who's the nicer guy vs the ML, but never wins the girl. I found that so true!! I think we might be able to find this type of new era FL and ML in recent Kdramas RomCom, but I need to think more about it - can't think of one immediately, esp one with high profile like CLOY (maybe some other posters here may give some suggestions).

And also while I was googling about CLOY's success and impact in Japan, I found this VOGUE JAPAN article about how RJH is the post #MeToo era type of hero, which compliments the current modern independent and successful woman, as represented by YSR. That's why many career ladies in Japan has fallen for the RiRi love story and also fallen hard for Captain Ri, cuz that's the type of boyfriend/ life partner they are looking for to support them. I posted it at Binjin thread but somehow didn't post it here.

Here it is, with auto-translate in the spoiler. It's a very good read and makes a lot of sense why CLOY love story and the characters of RJH and YSR is so relatable to the modern woman.

https://www.vogue.co.jp/change/article/crash-landing-on-you

The post #MeToo era heroes portrayed by the Korean drama 'Love's Emergency Arrival'.

BY RENGE JIBU
April 14, 2020.

It has a wide range of support beyond traditional Hallyu fans, especially from women with specialized skills. Around me, executives, corporate managers, editors, reporters, translators, lawyers, and researchers in various fields have seen "Untimely Landing" and talked about its appeal.

The scene that many people say is "my favorite" is near the end of the fourth episode. When Seri is lost in a North Korean market, Jong-hyuk comes looking for her with an aromatic candle in one hand. A few days ago he couldn't tell an ordinary candle from an aromatic candle, he said, "This time it's a scented candle. Am I right? He asks Seri.

LOTR is one of my top movies, along with a few handful of others hehe! But you're definitely a bigger fan than me haha! Here's to CLOY breaking barriers and mindsets in film awards and k-ent!! Thanks for sharing that article, I love how it resonates with many people, especially modern, aspiring career women! 

I can never get tired of that market scene...the way RJH looked at her with that slow eye blink and warm, comforting smile with the candlelight...ayo, all hearts are slayed right there and then if they haven't yet before that scene :lol:

On 5/24/2020 at 12:33 PM, eLizza said:
  Hide contents

Honestly nothing comes close to CLOY.

But if you want to try a drama where the main lead respects the fl ,allows her to shine and protects her in a unique way.,I would like to recommend "Still 17".It was a really sweet and heart endearing drama.The male lead character was indeed swoonworthy and the character development in that drama was awesome.

Another slice of life drama that deals with judiciary is "Miss Hammurabi". Although the fl annoyed me a bit sometimes but the male lead and supporting cast was great ,sensible and reasonable.Romance was not the main theme there but it felt so real as if it can happen in any other work place. 

Thank you for the recommendation! Have added the show to my Netflix's list. I really love and appreciate good character development, especially in dramas..although sadly, it's not easy to find dramas that's strong in this area. After watching several dramas post-CLOY, I realized how many dramas fail to live up in this aspect or I find myself being so annoyed at poorly written characters lol. Can't stand lead characters that are dumb especially or lack common sense, I think that's my pet peeve hah!

Btw, @TotoroSY I've finished Strangers, thanks again for the recommendation previously! I like the chemistry between the leads although there was no romantic development but hopefully they'll expand on that in season 2! Currently watching Healer, can't remember if it was you or someone else who recommended it here previously but so far I'm liking this series! The leads are cute together and the overarching plot is simple but interesting :) The ML's character feels like it's Superman-inspired lol. 

On 5/25/2020 at 8:04 AM, MsHoon2219 said:

This tweet is one example why our Capt Ri is perfect. OMG I can’t even. He’s so precious it hurts and I wanna cry. Lol

https://twitter.com/rijeonghyeoks/status/1261955619126304768?s=20

Oh my..I never saw it from this POV until now!! Still so much fresh angles to discover about their characters :wub: I definitely need a re-watch again to analyze and take note of these details lol. 

On 5/25/2020 at 5:56 AM, ElectricHearts said:

I have watched CLOY now about 5x. Taking a break to watch other Baeksang nominated shows. Right now, CLOY is still my favorite. So hoping the show will win Best Drama/Daesang or even Screenplay. Right now, I think the show's competiion is When The Camellia Blooms. I did small appearance from Jang Hye-Jin) . Mainly hoping for SYJ Daesang/Best Actress and HB for Best Actor :)

I love more news of CLOY being watched around the world. I am from Canada. Sadly it is no longer on the top 10 on Netflix but I think it was in Feb/March. 

Have you watched When The Camellia Blooms? I've saved it on my Netflix too but have yet to watch it..mainly curious for its many nominations in Baeksang, I think it's the only drama with more nominations than CLOY. 

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

On 5/26/2020 at 4:18 AM, MsHoon2219 said:

@TotoroSY oh thanks for the tip! I didn’t see the popups yesterday but I see them now for the tweet below. My phone’s messing up with me. LOL. The last time I was active in forums was before twitter became huge so this all new to me lol! And yes! I love that we can see snippets of our main leads’ distinct personalities in subtle scenes like that. Like with Capt Ri, in his 1st few scenes at the DMZ, he was able to pinpoint the location of the robbers by the sound of gunshots and even the type of firearms that were used. Then at the carpark scene in SK with Cho Cheol Gang pointing a gun at him, he was able to locate Seri in the dark just by listening to her voice. I guess it alludes to him having good ears being a musician. The writer and director are both geniuses! 

On another note re: Baeksang. It’s a bit of a bummer that we can only vote via TikTok. I thought I’d never but I guess I’d be a tiktoker now. :lol:

Let’s do this! 

You're welcome! I found out through test-and-trial too. Plus it's more tricky to post via phone - I usually use my notebook. 

I think the writer, director and actors did a very good job to convey the unique personalities, skills/ talents and other idiosyncrasies of the characters ie YSR and RJH. Even from the first 2 episodes, their distinct characteristics are very evident, which is credit to the strong writing of characters, good directing and actors performance. Even the 4 ducklings personalities are also well conveyed and each stand out on their own. That's why each of the drama characters are so engaging and we feel like we know them well, and so we are heavily invested on what happens to them.

Happy TikToking!! All the CLOY, HB, SYJ, Binjin fans are going crazy voting non-stop the last 2 days! Good news is that HB is now leading at #1 and SYJ at close #2 (but she's facing a much stronger contender in the female nominees). So keep voting!!

3 hours ago, anney said:

I can never get tired of that market scene...the way RJH looked at her with that slow eye blink and warm, comforting smile with the candlelight...ayo, all hearts are slayed right there and then if they haven't yet before that scene :lol:

This market candle scene is probably the most quoted when fans are asked about their favorite scene in CLOY. What's really so beautiful about it is how Captain Ri doesn't start reacting in a panic when he finally saw SR, and nor does she ran over to him, and we get this over-dramatic scene. But instead it was this calm reunion of the OTP, and then instead of asking SR if she's OK or where did she disappear too etc, Captain Ri just said "This time it's a scented candle". :wub:  They didn't have to say much to each other, but their eyes and smile say it all. THAT was fantastic writing, directing and acting!!

3 hours ago, anney said:

Btw, @TotoroSY I've finished Strangers, thanks again for the recommendation previously! I like the chemistry between the leads although there was no romantic development but hopefully they'll expand on that in season 2! Currently watching Healer, can't remember if it was you or someone else who recommended it here previously but so far I'm liking this series! The leads are cute together and the overarching plot is simple but interesting :) The ML's character feels like it's Superman-inspired lol. 

Oh good! You've already finished Stranger. Hope you enjoyed it. One of my favorite TV shows. Many times I go back and watch certain scenes cuz the writer was so good at dropping clues which you only realise later in another scene. And yes, I did recommend Healer. It's a fun and light-hearted watch, with good OTP chemistry. ML was indeed llike a superhero LOL!!

When The Camelia Blooms - it appeals to some but not to others. I enjoyed it quite a lot, cuz of the slice-of-life element. There's also a thriller/ mystery element  built into the storyline, but mostly its about an underdog finding value in herself. Try a few episodes to see if you'd like it. The drama has one extra nomination for Best New Actress category vs CLOY (if I recall correctly).

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

6 minutes ago, TotoroSY said:

The drama has one extra nomination for Best New Actress category vs CLOY (if I recall correctly).

It has got one extra for best new actor category. The young kid playing GHJ's child was nominated.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eLizza said:

It has got one extra for best new actor category. The young kid playing GHJ's child was nominated.

Oh yes you are right! I kept thinking Pyo Chi So (Yang Kyung Won) was nominated for Best New Actor instead of Best Supporting Actor.

• Like 1

I tried to watch the other nominated dramas that I hadn't seen yet but it has been a struggle lol. I think I will just resume my CLOY rewatch and cry again :wub: Honestly it is still the best drama for me. The other competition I see is WTCB - only certain storylines I liked on that show though. CLOY has the full package for me. Also BinJin's chemistry has now made it hard for me to watch other kdramas as I am also looking for "connection"/chemistry with the mainr leads lol. Although I guess my main struggle with the other nominated dramas, I couldn't continue to watch is the storyline. It didn't interest me as much

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ElectricHearts said:

I tried to watch the other nominated dramas that I hadn't seen yet but it has been a struggle lol. I think I will just resume my CLOY rewatch and cry again :wub: Honestly it is still the best drama for me. The other competition I see is WTCB - only certain storylines I liked on that show though. CLOY has the full package for me. Also BinJin's chemistry has now made it hard for me to watch other kdramas as I am also looking for "connection"/chemistry with the mainr leads lol. Although I guess my main struggle with the other nominated dramas, I couldn't continue to watch is the storyline. It didn't interest me as much

Hahaha!! I think you are too deeply attached to CLOY hence any other Kdrama just don't appeal to you. Esp if this is your first Kdrama. No worries, what's worth rewatching is worth repeating countless times. In terms of Best Drama, I really think CLOY has a fighting chance vs the others and I really hope it will win! WTCB is good but it doesn't have that same impact as CLOY. If you ask my POV, the closer competitor  to CLOY (based on plot, storyline) is Hot Stove League (caveat - I've watched all the best drama nominees except Kingdom - this one's got good acclaim too).

• Like 1

lol I think I have watched more than 20 other kdramas after CLOY - I didn't keep count lol. Besides BinJin related works, I did really love While We Were Sleeping, Descendants of The Sun, Goblin, plus Doctor Stranger and Pinnochio were equally as good. Just the other nominated dramas didn't really captivate me as much as CLOY does. I did really like When The Camellia Blooms - particular the mom and daughter storyline, the avengers and the characters of the leads were fun. It is a show that I thought was similar to CLOY. I couldn't get into Hyena (only got up to episode 3) and Kingdom - I am on season 2 episode 1 which I couldn't quite get into as well. I was continuing since Doona Bae is in it :). I saw you mentioned Stove League on the other thread. So I was going to consider it next but I needed a break after not feeling the last two shows. The World Of The Married reminded me too much of Doctor Foster as I saw that show earlier in the year - so I kept comparing what was different in TWOTM - one thing that really stood out was the supporting characters were more developed. so I liked their storylines more. Although I did like TWOTM a bit more than Doctor Foster with the changes they made. 

Anyways I am on episode 13 of my CLOY rewatch and cried over the couple ring scene again :wub: I think I was on a 2 week CLOY break/BinJin show break lol. Why I was watching more of the Baeksang nominated shows instead as the award show is getting closer. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ElectricHearts said:

lol I think I have watched more than 20 other kdramas after CLOY - I didn't keep count lol. Besides BinJin related works, I did really love While We Were Sleeping, Descendants of The Sun, Goblin, plus Doctor Stranger and Pinnochio were equally as good. Just the other nominated dramas didn't really captivate me as much as CLOY does. I did really like When The Camellia Blooms - particular the mom and daughter storyline, the avengers and the characters of the leads were fun. It is a show that I thought was similar to CLOY. I couldn't get into Hyena (only got up to episode 3) and Kingdom - I am on season 2 episode 1 which I couldn't quite get into as well. I was continuing since Doona Bae is in it :). I saw you mentioned Stove League on the other thread.

From the shows you have enjoyed, looks like you prefer romance with good chemistry of OTP? You should try Healer and also Because this is my first life. Hot Stove League is about professional baseball (the management and humane aspect) - give it a try, you might just like it. But seriously, CLOY is really one of the best, if not the best Kdrama out there. It has all the elements to keep you addicted - unique scenario (NK), amazing OTP chemistry, comedy, great side characters and also engaging plotline. Not many Kdrama that can give you everything like CLOY. :D

TWOTM - I enjoyed this for the great acting and directing, and crazy plotline, touching on a very real issue of marriage breakdown and its impact on the kids. Was going to watch Dr Foster, but now I may not do it. Have also heard many actually prefer TWOTM to Dr Foster (of course these are Kdrama fans so that might also be a preference factor).

It makes me wonder though, when will we get a drama like CLOY again in the near future. All the elements just came in and blended together so well to give us this almost perfect Kdrama. :D

• Like 2

Guysss please vote for our Couple!! They are up for nomination for most popular artist and can only win if we vote.
please download tiktok, follow baeksangawards, click on  the link in the profile, and bote for Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin. Please show your support

• Like 2

Hello CLOY comrades! Just dropping by to say a quick hello. I'm happy to see that the thread is still alive and kicking. Nice to see familiar faces I encountered almost daily during the CLOY live airing like @TotoroSY, @hibiscus23, and @eLizza still on board and making the thread a pleasurable read. (I know there are more but I haven't gotten around to reading further back yet. Hi guys!!!). Fun times back then, huh? :wub:

A big hello also to the new viewers of CLOY and loving it enough that they care to share their thoughts about the show here. I personally love CLOY very much and it warms my heart to know that more and more are discovering it and enjoying it at the same time. Sorry if we didn't warn you beforehand that it's addicting. If it impels you to watch it over and over again, that's part of the CLOY addiction. You're still normal. You have become one of us -- for good and for bad. Supposedly, the withdrawal/condolence period as prescribed by Se Ri is six months, but here I am back again after three. So who is Se Ri kidding, huh? Let me be the one to tell you that there is no moving on from CLOY. We may head for other dramas and equally relish them with delight, but we will always hold CLOY very dear to our hearts. 

If there are other new CLOY viewers who may have clarifications about some scenes and new perspectives on the show's plot and narratives, feel free to post them. It would be nice to read fresh insights as well as revisit topics even after months CLOY ended. You're lucky that @TotoroSY is the most active member here and is on deck for a discussion. Haha. She's one of the CLOY comrades I looked forward to reading during the live airing. 

Hey, @Ameera Ali, I was just browsing the directory and caught a glimpse of your name as one of Soompi's top contributors! You're still rocking it as usual, huh! Lucky are the new drama threads who get to be amused by your funny gifs and witty banters. 

As I'm sure many of you already know, our beloved Captain Ri will have some media events with Smart (a telecoms carrier in the Philippines) tomorrow. Hope we get to support Hyun Bin in this new project. Besides, seeing him again, even in the virtual flesh, is soothing to our hearts. :)

Oh, and congrats to CLOY, Son Ye Jin and Hyun Bin, to writer-nim and director-nim (I miss calling them this way), and to the other cast members for the Baeksang Arts nominations. Good luck! I'm rooting for all of you!!! :wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 4

Very very excited to see the full sweep of nominations for CLOY and can't wait for June 5's award show!!  Hope there will be live chit chat here like the time the wrap up party was happening!  Also looking forward to the big reveal of what scenes or songs they'll choose to feature when CLOY/HB/SYJ are talked about during the show :)

• Like 3

On 5/24/2020 at 12:33 PM, eLizza said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Honestly nothing comes close to CLOY.

But if you want to try a drama where the main lead respects the fl ,allows her to shine and protects her in a unique way.,I would like to recommend "Still 17".It was a really sweet and heart endearing drama.The male lead character was indeed swoonworthy and the character development in that drama was awesome.

Another slice of life drama that deals with judiciary is "Miss Hammurabi". Although the fl annoyed me a bit sometimes but the male lead and supporting cast was great ,sensible and reasonable.Romance was not the main theme there but it felt so real as if it can happen in any other work place. 

On 5/24/2020 at 5:20 PM, eLizza said:

Now that I think about it,the male lead had many things in common with Captain Ri. He had an emotional baggage due to which shut himself off from the world. He was a man of few words with a soothing voice. And most importantly always encouraged the fl in during struggles and would protect her in his own unique ways without overstepping his boundaries.He would always silently look out for her without being obvious just like Captain Ri. I m a goner for naive and caring male leads. But the plot also needs to be well written so as to not make me cringe .The otp were cute in an exceptional way .It was great to see the ml embrace a new life again.Honestly it was a great watch.The music was good too. @TotoroSY you should definitely give this a try.Wait a second was the fl in Strangers??.I mean Shin Hye Sun.Then I need to check that out immediately.

PS: Still nobody can beat our RiRi couple.Thats  a given fact.B)

@eLizza Thank you for recommending the gem that is Still 17!! I just finished it yesterday and i loved it! It's my next favourite k-rom-com now after CLOY! (although i haven't watched that many rom-coms yet, still skeptical in finding good ones..especially ones with good dialogue and characters) Also agreed with you there are many similar traits btwn the ML and RJH's character! I share the same sentiment - i'm such a sucker for naive, caring MLs like these two! Wonder if you know of any other dramas with similar characters, would love to check it out! :D

On 5/24/2020 at 3:19 PM, LeftCoastOppa said:

Still 17 - great call - healing, funny, romantic, uplifting .... and IMHO one of the best - heartwarming - flips at the end.

Its as if the writer was saying .... oh, you're feeling good now? Well here, I'll make you feel twice as good :lol:

And the OST is great as well

Now that i've watched it, i totally get what you mean!! A heart warming, feel good plot twist, totally loved it!  

@TotoroSY let us know when you've gotten to watch Still 17, would love to hear your thoughts on it! I've just started Hospital Playlist, liking the humor so far :)

Just wanted to say, I'm so glad for a helpful community here - not only in regards to all things CLOY, but the good recommendations on other series that's been helpful with post-cloy withdrawals :D 

Also, 4 more days to Baeksang!

• Love 2

Just wanted to share this discussion over from Reddit. It echoes the MeToo sentiments mentioned in the articles posted here a few pages back. I love the points raised here and I couldn’t agree more. RiRi indeed has one of the best tv drama relationships ever in the whole dramaland. I can’t. :bawling::wub:

• Like 4
  • Love 5

Hi!! Sorry, I have neglected this thread. Got overly excited at the Binjin thread due to Baeksang votes for Most Populary Actor/ Actress and also a lot of new CFs from HB. LOL!!

On 5/31/2020 at 6:28 PM, eLizza said:

CLOY is is sweeping Japan.Still no. 1 there.

https://bunshun.jp/articles/amp/38038?device=smartphone&page=3

Yes, I've seen a recent screenshot of Top 10 TV shows for Netflix Japan and CLOY is still #1 !! That's really so amazing - it's almost 3-4 weeks that CLOY stayed at #1 there. In fact it also happened in a lot of countries in Feb and Mar, ie CLOY at #1 for almost 2 mths! After the finale!

On 6/1/2020 at 10:08 AM, blue_fleurs said:

Very very excited to see the full sweep of nominations for CLOY and can't wait for June 5's award show!!  Hope there will be live chit chat here like the time the wrap up party was happening!  Also looking forward to the big reveal of what scenes or songs they'll choose to feature when CLOY/HB/SYJ are talked about during the show :)

I can't wait to watch the Baeksang award too!  Yes, let's all come here and do a Live Chit Chat during the Baeksang. Every fan will be tuned it to it, I am sure! Tweeter and Insta will go crazy! You can also drop by the Binjin Soompi thread where it's super active!

Someone at Binjin thread posted that there's a possible confirmation for SYJ's attendance! Hope this is true! Also hope HB will be there too, and the rest of the CLOY cast and crew. Just miss seeing them together. Also do note that TIK TOK will be doing an online stream of the Red Carpet and backstage interview prior to the award presentation event. So do dowload the Tik Tok app if you want to watch it.

13 hours ago, anney said:

@TotoroSY let us know when you've gotten to watch Still 17, would love to hear your thoughts on it! I've just started Hospital Playlist, liking the humor so far :)

Just wanted to say, I'm so glad for a helpful community here - not only in regards to all things CLOY, but the good recommendations on other series that's been helpful with post-cloy withdrawals :D 

Also, 4 more days to Baeksang!

Ah you have already watch Still 17? I am actually watching this really Makjang and dramatic drama called The Last Empress, starring Jang Na Ra. I wanted something that do not need me to think too much or agonise over too much, hence this series. It's actually totally crazy, plot is crazy and twist around like a mad, but it makes me laugh at how ridiculous it is LOL!! Great acting too, albeit Makjang style. I will start Still 17 after Baeksang, when my heart is more still and less excitable. :D

Glad you are enjoying Hospital Playlist. It's like watching a video of your best friends, so comfy and gives a nice feeling. I cried lots too cuz of the sensitive depiction of different patients and doctors challenging times.

Can't wait for Baeksang - it is just another 3 days away!!  HB and SYJ is doing very well in the Most Popular Actor/ Actress voting, so this means they will at least win One award that night. I am hopeful for the other awards too but competition is so tough that I dare not set my expectations too high...Just wait and pray for the best.

Latest vote count - both HB and SYJ are #1, leading with a wide margin vs the #2 :

2 hours ago, MsHoon2219 said:

Just wanted to share this discussion over from Reddit. It echoes the MeToo sentiments mentioned in the articles posted here a few pages back. I love the points raised here and I couldn’t agree more. RiRi indeed has one of the best tv drama relationships ever in the whole dramaland. I can’t. :bawling::wub:

That's so true! And also one of the reason why I love RiRi couple and the whole CLOY story so much! It's such a healthy relationship, despite the impossible circumstances and hinderances they face. I think the reason why many are in love with Captain Ri, is because of how he's that perfect gentleman and boyfriend, who love YSR for who she is, and she in turn blooms and bring out the best in herself when she is with him. In the same way, YSR was able to awaken the courage to love and care again within RJH, and turned his heart of stone to flesh again. Her bravery and spirit, despite her dangerous circumstance, attracted RJH and just light that fire in him that was wiped out after his brother's death. 

I also tried watching Something in the Rain, which my brother really love, but I couldn't continue cuz of the following reasons :

I didn't enjoy how they depict female sexual harassment in the office. I guess the writer wanted to bring out the reality of the situation in SK (and other countries too), but maybe it was just too real and I didn't enjoy that part. Also, I feel like the female lead was being too passive in dealing with the whole harassment and bullying by the male bosses and ex-bf, and I just can't relate nor admire such a Female Lead. I am all for strong FL so this role doesn't appeal to me.

@campanulah  Great to see you drop by here! We sure had a ball during the CLOY series weekly airing, discussing and dissecting the plot, swooning over RiRi couple, laughing at F4 ducklings and NK ahjummas, and swearing at all the villains LOL!! Thanks for your nice compliment. I love the drama so much. and hope this thread will continue to be active, and more new fans will watch and discuss CLOY here. With Baeksang award night happening soon this Friday 5 June, there will be more excitement here and also at the Binjin thread (most of the CLOY fans seem to have transferred over to that thread LOL!!). I am really hoping CLOY will win some significant awards for Baeksang like Best Drama, cuz that will drive the viewership up again. CLOY Fighting!!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1