[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

Hello CLOY fans!

I'm new here!

CLOY was my first Korean Drama series. I don't know how I can watch another new series since they set the bar so high.

SOOO GOOD! I was hooked instantly since Episode 1. 

This has probably been discussed in previous pages....but at the last epsiode Seri said "this is the best 2 weeks".  Does this mean they only see each other 2 weeks a year? With RJH discharged from the army, was it temporary?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, madmeg said:

Hello CLOY fans!

I'm new here!

CLOY was my first Korean Drama series. I don't know how I can watch another new series since they set the bar so high.

SOOO GOOD! I was hooked instantly since Episode 1. 

This has probably been discussed in previous pages....but at the last epsiode Seri said "this is the best 2 weeks".  Does this mean they only see each other 2 weeks a year? With RJH discharged from the army, was it temporary?

Welcome to CLOY addition! It's difficult to get over this drama LOL!!

Yes, from what I understand it means they meet in Switzerland for 2 weeks every year. Which is a bummer.... so in most of our minds, they start with 2 weeks and eventually find ways to meet up more and more often. :D 

RJH was discharged fully from military and joined as a pianist for the National Symphony. That's why he gets to travel to Switzerland. Most likely as part of the NK contingent of students & performers who got scholarship or funding from the Foundation that YSR helped her brother set-up within the dad's company.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, TotoroSY said:

Welcome to CLOY addition! It's difficult to get over this drama LOL!!

Yes, from what I understand it means they meet in Switzerland for 2 weeks every year. Which is a bummer.... so in most of our minds, they start with 2 weeks and eventually find ways to meet up more and more often. :D 

RJH was discharged fully from military and joined as a pianist for the National Symphony. That's why he gets to travel to Switzerland. Most likely as part of the NK contingent of students & performers who got scholarship or funding from the Foundation that YSR helped her brother set-up within the dad's company.

I cried rivers of tears  :bawling:  Finally I've finished the whole journey of 16 episodes just a while ago...But like you pointed out they meet only 2 weeks a year?? Or could he be managing the students/performers there? They went through so much of hurdles and hardships, thought the first thing is to settle down together...Or was it because they are kinda "married" since they have exchanged rings already. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

I cried rivers of tears  :bawling:  Finally I've finished the whole journey of 16 episodes just a while ago...But like you pointed out they meet only 2 weeks a year?? Or could he be managing the students/performers there? They went through so much of hurdles and hardships, thought the first thing is to settle down together...Or was it because they are kinda "married" since they have exchanged rings already. 

It’s kind of an “open ending” and the maybe the best/closest to reality that could happen without making RJH defect - doing so could get his parents killed. And making them married will invoke political issues in SK probably why they avoided going that route. 

Given their predicaments (SK vs NK), 2 weeks a year to see each other is already a gift. In reality, SK/NK couples and families separated by war don’t get that chance. They only get a chance when both governments have those reunification programs which hardly last a day. 

The way I see it, they’re probably seeing each other 2 weeks a year after the 1st reunion. I’d like to believe there’s a time gap between the students’ concert in Swiss and the picnic scene at the end. The chalet shows framed photos of them together which COULD indicate they were able to come up with a better solution for them to be together longer or maybe permanently - maybe RJH’s parents has died or maybe he has moved to Switzerland for another scholarship/teaching job. I’d like to believe they were able to come up with a better way to be together forever seeing how much they love and can’t do without each other. 

Edited by MsHoon2219
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

There were so many parts where I wished they hugged or showed more affection instead of just standing there looking at each other. 

RJH and SR have such good chemistry. I'm glad it was a happy ending but I wish the ending was just as intense as the rest of the episodes.

30 minutes ago, MsHoon2219 said:

It’s kind of an “open ending” and the maybe the best/closest to reality that could happen without making RJH defect - doing so could get his parents killed. And making them married will invoke political issues in SK probably why they avoided going that route. 

Given their predicaments (SK vs NK), 2 weeks a year to see each other is already a gift. In reality, SK/NK couples and families separated by war don’t get that chance. They only get a chance when both governments have those reunification programs which hardly last a day. 

The way I see it, they’re probably seeing each other 2 weeks a year after the 1st reunion. I’d like to believe there’s a time gap between the students’ concert in Swiss and the picnic scene at the end. The chalet shows framed photos of them together which COULD indicate they were able to come up with a better solution for them to be together longer or maybe permanently - maybe RJH’s parents has died or maybe he has moved to Switzerland for another scholarship/teaching job. I’d like to believe they were able to come up with a better way to be together forever seeing how much they love and can’t do without each other. 

You're right about the open ending. It is really up to us as viewers to think what ended up happening even those it was a good ending. 

The ending allowed us as viewers to use our imagination. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, MsHoon2219 said:

Thanks! That's a good explanation of the open ending of our OTP. I think that was the best ending that the writer can give without incurring any political sensitivity eg. There's a reunification of the 2 Koreas (pretty controversial since it's so far from that reality currently) or RJH defect to South Korea which will make him a NK traitor and his parents will be persecuted. So this meeting up in Switzerland once a year was the "best ending" in this circumstance.

Many many pages ago (can't recall when), I posted a video of a NK national judo athelete who met a Taiwanese Judo athlete in a World competition and they fell in love. They then met once a year during an international games and dated during those few weeks together, and this happened 2-3 years. Finally the NK Judo athlete defected to SK (cuz he was given bad treatment after losing first place to a SK athlete) and the Taiwanese lady also migrated to SK and they got married. :D So the ending of CLOY is actually not that unrealistic.

I tried to find this video again but could not.

• Awesome 2

2 hours ago, madmeg said:

There were so many parts where I wished they hugged or showed more affection instead of just standing there looking at each other. 

RJH and SR have such good chemistry. I'm glad it was a happy ending but I wish the ending was just as intense as the rest of the episodes.

You're right about the open ending. It is really up to us as viewers to think what ended up happening even those it was a good ending. 

The ending allowed us as viewers to use our imagination. 

OMG yes! There were a lot of times when I was almost yelling at tv that they kiss already! Lol. I know those long standing stares and lack of intimacy is kinda common in kdramas but dang it was such a bummer with CLOY.  I was also waiting/hoping for a bed scene - the drunk/confession scene could have been perfect :sweatingbullets:

I read a few reviews and opinions about the lack of skinship and it has @probably been discussed here a few pages back. One of them is RJH’s strict and conservative upbring being raised in NK. Another point raised is they probably didn’t want to commit that far into the relationship to avoid further pain knowing they aren’t really endgame - remember Seri asked Capt Ri to try as much as possible not to make memories with her because she didn't want to be longing for it when he leaves.  And back in NK when Seri was about to leave she asked for a hug but RJH just offered a handshake instead. In a way, they were trying to protect each other from bigger heartbreaks. Of course these has all changed towards the end of the series when it became clearer for our OTP that there’s no other place they’d rather be than next to each other. And probably why they had a better more passionate kiss when they reunited in Switzerland :wub:

57 minutes ago, TotoroSY said:

Thanks! That's a good explanation of the open ending of our OTP. I think that was the best ending that the writer can give without incurring any political sensitivity eg. There's a reunification of the 2 Koreas (pretty controversial since it's so far from that reality currently) or RJH defect to South Korea which will make him a NK traitor and his parents will be persecuted. So this meeting up in Switzerland once a year was the "best ending" in this circumstance.

Many many pages ago (can't recall when), I posted a video of a NK national judo athelete who met a Taiwanese Judo athlete in a World competition and they fell in love. They then met once a year during an international games and dated during those few weeks together, and this happened 2-3 years. Finally the NK Judo athlete defected to SK (cuz he was given bad treatment after losing first place to a SK athlete) and the Taiwanese lady also migrated to SK and they got married. :D So the ending of CLOY is actually not that unrealistic.

I tried to find this video again but could not.

so sweet! Love indeed can move mountains :wub: I also read a similar story from that washington post review and it’s nice cause it gives cloy storyline a bit of resemblance to people’s realities. In a way, CLOY honors their struggles and celebrates their triumphs. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

When they first met...SR was still up in the tree talking into the walkie talkie...and RJH was looking up to her...at one point he smiled. Do you think at that point he already fell in love with her or when he saw her on the bridge? I remember him saying he always wondered what happened to that girl that tried to end her life?

9 hours ago, MsHoon2219 said:

Thanks for the explanation. This could include a possibility to register marriage outside of NK/SK like in Switzerland? 

I also concur that they pretty lack skinship. Eg after exchanging rings, he could have just give her a peck on the forehead or something instead of standing for eternity :wacko: There are many other ways to show passion and love instead of just kissing. 

@TotoroSY Thanks for sharing the true love story.  Piqued my interest and see if I can read more real stories as such. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Crash Landing on TIME!
Crash Landing on You (2019-2020)
A woman from South Korea was paragliding when a sudden tornado hit, causing her to crash-land in North Korea. Yoon Se-Ri (Son Ye-Jin), a successful entrepreneur who is also an heiress, finds herself in the Korean Demilitarized Zone—stuck in a tree above North Korean officer Ri Jeong-Hyeok (Hyun Bin). While the premise is far-fetched, what follows is a convincing romance that steadily tugs at the heartstrings as Jeong-Hyeok attempts to hide Se-Ri and send her back home. The progression of this cross-border relationship drives the plot forward, but Crash Landing on You, with its multifaceted portrayal of North Korea—the series was created with input from North Korean defectors—is far more complex than the average rom-com.

‪https://time.com/5835519/best-korean-dramas-netflix/‬

• Like 1
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, madmeg said:

When they first met...SR was still up in the tree talking into the walkie talkie...and RJH was looking up to her...at one point he smiled. Do you think at that point he already fell in love with her or when he saw her on the bridge? I remember him saying he always wondered what happened to that girl that tried to end her life?

I think it is very vague as to when they actually fell in love. There are multiple instances and it is upto a person that how he personally interprets. This is the beauty of CLOY that viewers watched them gradually fall in love but can't pinpoint a certain time. It is not like a Eureka moment that "I love her" and "let us start dating from today". They even confessed much later, although realised  earlier what they felt for each other.

Now coming to your question,I think he just found her antiques amazing and kind of cute. When he met her at the bridge,she was contemplating suicide but the next moment she was passing compliments to his looks while clicking their photo. JH mist be intrigued by her and that's why he said she was his type..

Next regarding  the DMZ scene, who would expect a girl hanging from a tree throwing tantrums on a malfunctioned walkie-talkie.

Again, I think he was amused by her due to the situation or rather her actions. But at the same time he had to perform his duties and hence pointed his gun towards her.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/8/2020 at 12:48 AM, TotoroSY said:

The most surprising was it being Top 10 show in Netflix US which is such a tough market to break into. And CLOY is not even a "trendy" drama, it's kinda old-fashion in its own way. More classic-like. But maybe that is what made it different from the other dramas out there in US. I also think the North Korea context drew a lot of interest to check it out.

I also do not want to get my hopes up for the actual win, cuz you are right, the competition is super tough. Esp in the acting categories. I actually have a bit more confidence for CLOY itself to win, either Best Drama or Daesang. I am in fact leaning towards Daesang for CLOY, mainly cuz the Grand Prize/ Daesang is a bit vague on its criteria. It seems to me that it's based on overall impact either within the K-Ent world or culturally. CLOY is the probably the only drama in the list that has the international impact that has gone all the way to USA. It has also changed the perception towards the people of North Korea so it also has social-political impact. Plus, this is also the year that the film Parasite cracked the US market incl the Oscars, so CLOY has a little bit of that similar trajectory (this is of course a very loose comparison, so please don't judge me on this LOL).

Just wish for the best for the CLOY team to win as many of the awards as possible!!

Even though I absolutely adore CLOY, I agree with you that I was surprised that so many in the US liked it. Because like you said, it's definitely more of an old-fashioned/classic type of K-drama in a lot of ways... one that makes me nostalgic of the old Hallyu romances from years ago. On top of that, the storyline also touches on a lot of cultural differences between NK-SK, which further makes me think that it wouldn't draw as much interest. It just goes to show you that they did such a good job of using so many familiar tropes in a refreshing way, and the well-researched NK culture bits with the help of defectors really payed off. It is ultimately a story about love, and it truly proves that love has no boundaries culturally. Also a huge thanks to the OTP too for their incredible acting and chemistry, because in the hands of lesser actors, I don't think it would have been as believable. 

I also am still hoping for CLOY to win Best Drama or Daesang, despite a lot of different opinions out there. I definitely think it has a better chance of Best Drama though because like people mentioned, NK is a sensitive topic, and so even with the impact it has made, they may still play it safe in order to not offend anyone. I also agree about Mr. Trot being a likely candidate for Daesang. 

On 5/9/2020 at 10:49 AM, eLizza said:

And yeah Mr. TROT is also a big hurdle. This time it is such a cut throat competition.

I just pray that judges take their time and analyse the performances properly..This time they must be feeling so pressured . I can foresee if CLOY wins big this time then Baeksang sure gonna get some backlash from obnoxious haters. Anyways why should we care .CLOY got its share of popularity across the world and back home. Winning the award will only be an icing on the cake.

I agree with you in that they might get some backlash if CLOY wins big due to the sensitive subject and there are definitely haters who just view it as a romcom and don't understand the hype. But like you, I hope they take the time to really look at the performances and judge rightly. And yes! It's a win for them either way, so even though I want them to win some awards, I am thankful for the local and international recognition they've received. 

I agree with both you and @TotoroSY that TWOTM is not rewatchable. It's very, very well made, but it's personally more stressful than enjoyable for me if I'm being honest. I am also not a huge fan of cheating/revenge dramas. LOL. I do think the reason why it is so popular is that it touches on the subject of adultery and the prevalence of it in Korean culture and how it paints women negatively in these situations, and so in that way, I understand its popularity. I think the point you both made was good about KHA and SYJ and if they are able to act the other person's role. I have watched KHA's older dramas, and she usually does go for the emotionally complex roles. I agree SYJ could pull off a role like KHA's in the future (since the character is a mom of an older child). However, even though I prefer CLOY over TWOTM and SYJ can probably do this role in the future, I do think KHA's performance is really heart-rending and complex/morally questionable, especially in the most recent episode (14), and so I still believe that she is SYJ's greatest competitor in the best actress category. 

1 hour ago, veespn said:

Crash Landing on TIME!

Thank you for this!! Wow, so awesome that they are featured in TIME. They totally deserve it. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

11 hours ago, MsHoon2219 said:

so sweet! Love indeed can move mountains :wub: I also read a similar story from that washington post review and it’s nice cause it gives cloy storyline a bit of resemblance to people’s realities. In a way, CLOY honors their struggles and celebrates their triumphs. 

It's so sweet right? That video I posted was actually told by their son who is a youtuber. And he was inspired to do it after watching CLOY. So it was all inter-related. The youtuber also do other videos with his parents and 2 brothers, and they are all pretty sweet. A simple family. But the dad's family was actually persecuted or imprisoned after he defected to SK. So there you go, it's not easy for RJH to just up and go defect to reunite with YSR. He's a man with strong family values who loves his parents very much, esp the mom. Very tough for him to defect with the risk of his family being punished cuz of it.

So in my imagination, after 1 to 2 years, his dad who's very powerful, find a way for RJH to stay in Switzerland for long-term. I don't know how, maybe to run a program there or something, but I just want him there long-term so he can be with SR full-time. And his parents can come visit the grandkids there. :D

7 hours ago, madmeg said:

I think he found her amusing and was probably attracted to her personality (and of course her looks too - she's his style). As for their meeting at the bridge, he remembers the girl but I think he couldn't remember her face since he didn't recognise YSR when they met again in NK. After all it has been 7 long years.

3 hours ago, veespn said:

Crash Landing on TIME!

3 hours ago, veespn said:

The progression of this cross-border relationship drives the plot forward, but Crash Landing on You, with its multifaceted portrayal of North Korea—the series was created with input from North Korean defectors—is far more complex than the average rom-com.

Just love how CLOY is appearing in all these big publications!! I am also very happy that every review about the show will say that "it's far more complex than the average rom.com". CLOY was such an effective use of comedy and romance to tell an important message and bring to light the issue and heartache of the separation of one nation into two NK and SK. Hope the Baeksang judges can see that too.

2 hours ago, eLizza said:

I think it is very vague as to when they actually fell in love. There are multiple instances and it is upto a person that how he personally interprets. This is the beauty of CLOY that viewers watched them gradually fall in love but can't pinpoint a certain time. It is not like a Eureka moment that "I love her" and "let us start dating from today". They even confessed much later, although realised  earlier what they felt for each other.

Now coming to your question,I think he just found her antiques amazing and kind of cute. When he met her at the bridge,she was contemplating suicide but the next moment she was passing compliments to his looks while clicking their photo. JH mist be intrigued by her and that's why he said she was his type..

Next regarding  the DMZ scene, who would expect a girl hanging from a tree throwing tantrums on a malfunctioned walkie-talkie.

Again, I think he was amused by her due to the situation or rather her actions. But at the same time he had to perform his duties and hence pointed his gun towards her.

Totally agree with your thots. Esp the part of how they fell in love. It was very natural and progressive, just like how it's like in real life situation. Starts with attraction, getting to know each other and admire/ respect each other, and before they realise it, they have fallen in love. It's a matter of when they acknowledge it and say it out, or take action for it. It started with little actions like the market-candle scene. And that progressed to a dramatic one ie RJH taking the bullet for YSR. And reciprocated by YSR when she stayed back at the hospital to save his life, instead of taking the flight out of NK. The hospital was where they finally admitted their love for each other by action and sealed with a kiss. :D  RJH also confessed to Seo Dan that he loved another in that hospital.

1 hour ago, celest1al said:

Even though I absolutely adore CLOY, I agree with you that I was surprised that so many in the US liked it. Because like you said, it's definitely more of an old-fashioned/classic type of K-drama in a lot of ways... one that makes me nostalgic of the old Hallyu romances from years ago. On top of that, the storyline also touches on a lot of cultural differences between NK-SK, which further makes me think that it wouldn't draw as much interest. It just goes to show you that they did such a good job of using so many familiar tropes in a refreshing way, and the well-researched NK culture bits with the help of defectors really payed off. It is ultimately a story about love, and it truly proves that love has no boundaries culturally. Also a huge thanks to the OTP too for their incredible acting and chemistry, because in the hands of lesser actors, I don't think it would have been as believable. 

I also am still hoping for CLOY to win Best Drama or Daesang, despite a lot of different opinions out there. I definitely think it has a better chance of Best Drama though because like people mentioned, NK is a sensitive topic, and so even with the impact it has made, they may still play it safe in order to not offend anyone. I also agree about Mr. Trot being a likely candidate for Daesang. 

When I started watching CLOY (ep 1 & 2), there were a lot of negative comments about it in blogsites and other forums etc. So I thot, well looks like I am one of the few who likes it and will be a niche group enjoying this show. As it progressed, the comments and reviews became more and more positive and before I know it, CLOY has become a n Undeniable HIT! Then mid-way, we started to see articles from other countries and reviews upon reviews. After the finale was aired, where it trended NUMBER ONE on tweeter, I thot that's it, what a good run! But nope, it didn't stop there. Other non-kdrama fans incl the ones in US got curious and started watching and that's how it became Top 10 in US in March. Probably the US audience was attracted to the North Korea setting and also the many recommendations given by various media outlets like Variety, Washington Post (all very credible sources).

Unfortunately we do not know what was it's ranking in Feb since the Netflix ranking only started to be shown mid-Feb or end-Feb. But I do know that as soon as that Ranking started, CLOY was #1 in many Asian countries.

I also think CLOY has a better chance at Best Drama vs Daesang, though I still wanna be hopeful about it. But Mister Trot and Kim Hae Ee are 2 strong Daesang contenders that can't be ignored. So I am hopeful but realistic.

1 hour ago, celest1al said:

I have watched KHA's older dramas, and she usually does go for the emotionally complex roles. I agree SYJ could pull off a role like KHA's in the future (since the character is a mom of an older child). However, even though I prefer CLOY over TWOTM and SYJ can probably do this role in the future, I do think KHA's performance is really heart-rending and complex/morally questionable, especially in the most recent episode (14), and so I still believe that she is SYJ's greatest competitor in the best actress category. 

Interesting point. I have not watch KHA in other dramas so when I searched her biodata, I was very impressed by her achievements. Of course SYJ's achievements are amazing too and I have no doubt she can play a role like that in her own interpretation. But can't deny KHA was just really incredible in TWOTM esp Ep 14. I cried and sob buckets, first when the son text her to leave and then the beach scene. We will just have to wait and see. SYJ is also an amazing actress as seen in her various roles, and I do think she is actually more flexible vs KHA. But the judges will look at the current roles and not previous performances.

Btw, you should all check the CLOY wikipedia page. When it first started, there were hardly any details and info. Now it's a RICH SOURCE of information incl the background, NK defectors involvement and all the accolades given by various international media. It shows how LOVED this drama is, that people are willing to do such thorough updates on its Wiki page !!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crash_Landing_on_You

Another site worth checking is MyDramaList to see how big the fanbase is and also how OVERWHELMINGLY positive the reviews are from regular audiences. 

https://mydramalist.com/35729-emergency-lands-of-love

Ratings: 9.0/10 from 15,755 users 
# of Watchers: 26,569
Reviews: 165 users

It has a Rating of 9.0/10 from 15K users!! Compare it with all the recent Kdramas, the number of users ratings and Watchers are WAY HIGHER, yet it achieved such high ratings (usually the more people rate it, the ratings tend to go down). Also, 165 reviews!! No other dramas got that many people willing to write a review for it, and they are mostly positive.
NOTE : I am comparing with recent Kdramas as previous dramas may have been rated when there are less online MyDramaList users.

Also, there's no way these ratings were done by fans of the stars etc (as some anti's claimed) cuz other dramas with very popular stars do not get that number of user ratings. So this is from real audience. :D

• Like 2
  • Awesome 3
  • Thanks 1

Can I just appreciate @TotoroSY that how neatly  you reply with so much perseverance. I really feel enlightened whenever I come across your posts as they are well thought of  and filled with facts .

Thanks a lot for giving us so many invaluable information regarding CLOY.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Wuzetian said:

Thanks for the explanation. This could include a possibility to register marriage outside of NK/SK like in Switzerland? 

I am not too sure about the legalities of foreign marriages in Switzerland, but I assume if they have a valid eligible visa for marrying there, they’d be able to register their marriage locally. Though I doubt if they would be able to register their marriages back in their home countries esp in NK. But generally speaking, if one country recognizes your marriage as valid, most countries would recognize it as well.

On the timeline as to when they fell in love, I agree with y’all. It started with mutual attraction and developed into love as they eventually got to know each other better. They remember those significant moments in Switzerland but it’s possible they don’t have vivid memories of the people they had met. Hence, Seri mentioned that RJH looks familiar when she stumbled upon his application form pic. I’m pretty much the same, I would remember events from the past but I would have vague memories of the people involved let alone their faces esp if I don’t know them personally and it happened years ago. Lol. Like heck, I don’t even remember the faces of some men I went out with when I was single, although I may have memories of circumstances on how we met :lol:

On another note, loving all the media attention CLOY gets these days! Well deserved! It truly is a phenomenal show. I could write essays on how beautifully made and revolutionary albeit still cliche on some of its aspects this show is but I might end up writing a thesis. Hoping all the award giving bodies will recognize its beauty. It will certainly go down in kdrama history as one of the classics and one of its best. 

Edited by MsHoon2219
  • Like 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

I wish I watched CLOY and joined the forum sooner to discuss with you all. Currently suffering from CLOY withdraw lol!

Sorry in advance if I write about the things that have been discussed in the previous pages.

I mentioned earlier in my previous posts about the chemistry between HB and SYJ. They are so good together. Even the fans want them to be a couple in real life.

The rest of the casts were good too. They all played the roles well. Kudos to the casting team for finding the perfect cast for the roles.

A little disappointed that they killed off GSJ at the end. I was hoping SD would get happiness too at the end since she did not get to marry RJH. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, madmeg said:

I wish I watched CLOY and joined the forum sooner to discuss with you all. Currently suffering from CLOY withdraw lol!

Sorry in advance if I write about the things that have been discussed in the previous pages.

I mentioned earlier in my previous posts about the chemistry between HB and SYJ. They are so good together. Even the fans want them to be a couple in real life.

The rest of the casts were good too. They all played the roles well. Kudos to the casting team for finding the perfect cast for the roles.

A little disappointed that they killed off GSJ at the end. I was hoping SD would get happiness too at the end since she did not get to marry RJH. 

Welcome to the club of  CLOY stans .I stumbled across this forum when the series was half done and still regret that I couldn't join sooner .

It has been 3 months and I m still dealing with withdrawal symptoms.It is similar to the 6 months condolence period mentioned by Se-ri. This is my longest kdrama slump ever and I have not finished a single kdrama after CLOY ended.Sometimes while rewatching I backread the pages of this thread and it provides great insight..I still remember during CLOY finale this thread disappeared or broke down for a while:joy:..We all then had to shift to the Shipper's thread to discuss it. However it was back after sometime and thankfully so many precious thoughts were saved.

And yeah we reached at various conclusions as to why GSJ had to die. It really healed our hearts after going through multiple theories.

• Love 1

8 hours ago, eLizza said:

Can I just appreciate @TotoroSY that how neatly  you reply with so much perseverance. I really feel enlightened whenever I come across your posts as they are well thought of  and filled with facts .

Thanks a lot for giving us so many invaluable information regarding CLOY.

Awww, thanks so much! I love CLOY so much and enjoy sharing and talking about dramas, CLOY especially. Very happy to share whatever knowledge and info I have about this beloved series. :D

1 hour ago, MsHoon2219 said:

On another note, loving all the media attention CLOY gets these days! Well deserved! It truly is a phenomenal show. I could write essays on how beautifully made and revolutionary albeit still cliche on some of its aspects this show is but I might end up writing a thesis. Hoping all the award giving bodies will recognize its beauty. It will certainly go down in kdrama history as one of the classics and one of its best. 

I am loving it too! I just very happy for the cast and crew, esp HB and SYJ and the writer and director. They just totally deserve all the accolades they are getting. The supporting are so awesome too, and they add so much extra oomph to the story. Truly a CLASSIC and I hope Baeksang will recognise that.

1 hour ago, madmeg said:

Hope that reading all the previous pages will help you with your withdrawal LOL!! It was really very fun to discuss the drama here during its airing. So exciting, esp with all the cliffhangers that the director and writer is so good at creating in every end of episode. There were 2 times where the drama was delayed or did not air, and we had to wait 2 weeks before the next episode! Everyone was having terrible withdrawal symptoms and many rewatch the series from start to latest episode while waiting for the new ep to air (I did the same LOL).

Do continue to post your thots or questions here, cuz I will be happy to continue the discussion. It's been awhile that this forum is active again after the Finale, so it's nice to recall all the wonderful things that makes CLOY such an excellent and beloved drama.

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, madmeg said:

50 minutes ago, eLizza said:

Welcome to the club of  CLOY stans .I stumbled across this forum when the series was half done and still regret that I couldn't join sooner .

It has been 3 months and I m still dealing with withdrawal symptoms.It is similar to the 6 months condolence period mentioned by Se-ri. This is my longest kdrama slump ever and I have not finished a single kdrama after CLOY ended.Sometimes while rewatching I backread the pages of this thread and it provides great insight..I still remember during CLOY finale this thread disappeared or broke down for a while:joy:..We all then had to shift to the Shipper's thread to discuss it. However it was back after sometime and thankfully so many precious thoughts were saved.

And yeah we reached at various conclusions as to why GSJ had to die. It really healed our hearts after going through multiple theories.

OMG I’m on the same boat. :sweat_smile: I have just been lurking on this forum for a few years when I get into some occasional kdrama binge  but I didn’t really bother on joining since I wasn’t that invested in those shows but my goodness CLOY changed all that :joy: I had post drama depression when I finished watching it a couple of months ago. I thought I’ll get over soon enough but here I am now today,  still can’t stop thinking about and almost

obsessing over it. I listen to its OSTs almost everyday and would regularly check FB, Instagram, Twitter and basically scouring whole internet for every bits and pieces about the show and its main leads. I also read fanfics, some are really awesome btw. My recent book purchases also involves NK/SK content (currently reading The Girl With Seven Names - a story about an NK defector) I have also started watching other kdramas on netflix but I would still end up rewatching cloy - I’m on my 4th rewatch. :joy: My friends think it’s funny and has started nicknaming my husband Capt Ri - he’s  Korean-American and thinks he looks like Hyun Bin lmao 

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1

Baeksang Awards nominated CLOY & it seems the voting from fans is making CLOY wins from Best Actress, Best Actor, Supporting, etc. Here's the link fr hancinema:

https://www.hancinema.net/56th-baeksang-arts-awards-2020--dramas-nominees-list-141309.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+hancinema%2FAUJj+(HanCinema+Daily+News)

If you chingoos have time, please vote for our fave CLOY :D Our fave SYJ & HB are gaining lots of votes so far! that's nice & they truly deserve it!

56th Baeksang Arts Awards 2020 - Dramas: Nominees Listphoto1183922.jpg

Nominees in dramas for the 56th Baeksang Arts Awards 2020, winners will be announced June, 6 2020.

photo1183892.jpg

Best Drama

"When the Camellia Blooms"
"Crash Landing on You"
"Stove League"
"Kingdom - Season 2"
"Hyena"

Share your choice on HanCinema

Thank you for voting!
"Crash Landing on You"  69.68%  (108 votes)  

"Kingdom - Season 2"  15.48%  (24 votes)  

"When the Camellia Blooms"  6.45%  (10 votes)  

"Stove League"  5.81%  (9 votes)  

"Hyena"  2.58%  (4 votes)  

Total Votes: 155
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2