[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

@TotoroSY yes wave back to you too! I agree w/you, sometimes kdramas can have some rushed endings! i also wished they had extended it since the ratings were very good! :) Woash even in India CLOY is being featured in their mag? so cool!

I  truly miss the BinJin couple & RiRi couple plus the comrades!!

Spoiler

may i ask what are you watching now? i'm watching Dinner Mate and the leading lady there is the one in CLOY Seo Ji-hye! so far it's OK

9 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

@TotoroSY yes wave back to you too! I agree w/you, sometimes kdramas can have some rushed endings! i also wished they had extended it since the ratings were very good! :) Woash even in India CLOY is being featured in their mag? so cool!

I  truly miss the BinJin couple & RiRi couple plus the comrades!!

Hide contents

may i ask what are you watching now? i'm watching Dinner Mate and the leading lady there is the one in CLOY Seo Ji-hye! so far it's OK

Hello again! I actually thot CLOY ending was PERFECT!! I felt super satisfied when I finished the finale, esp that lovely epilogue showing their life in Switzerland after the reunion. Though I wish there was more and more and more, but I felt the writer did it just right! If it was too prolonged, it will become cheesy and loses some of the magic. Some audience may even question different details and rationale of an overly long post-life story (unless it's like a special episode). The way the drama ended, with the swelling theme music playing as the camera pans out to the scenery of Switzerland hillside (forgot the name of the place) just as the couple kissed, was just perfect for me. After that, the audience all swoon and start imagining the life the couple is leading. I also love all the little details of the NK comrades and ahjummas, and how they hinted that F4 knows what's happening with RiRi (ie their reunion and annual meet-up in Switzerland) and I also imagine that they update the ahjummas about the couple too. Lovely little touches!

Hmm, I am trying to recall all the dramas I have watched or am now watching post CLOY. Firstly I rewatched CLOY 2X lol!! In the midst of that, I also watched The King Eternal Monarch (so-so and confusing), Hospital Playlist (love this!), WOTM (stressful but good), Hyena (lots of fun), IC (not bad esp the beginning) and Still 17 (heart-warming). Currently watching When My Love Blooms (quite good, a bit slow but v romantic) and kinda following Mystic Pop-up Store (but it's not grabbing my attention). I did try Dinner Mate for 2 episodes and I thot Seo Ji-Hye's role looks really interesting and so spunky, and SSH looks quite good too. But I haven't had the urge to continue....is it good? I may pick it up again later. 

Yeah I do gobble up Kdramas pretty fast. And I might be getting a bit bored with what's available....Soon my urge to rewatch CLOY will come again. I just rewatched Inception cuz it's gonna be taken out of Netflix by end June, and it was just before I watched The King finale. Quite a contrast...

ADDED: Oh yeah, forgot that I also just complete The Last Empress starring jang Nara. It was a lot of fun and really enjoyed it, despite it being very makjang. :D  Just have to suspense logic and go for the ride. Well made drama and acting were all on point.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

@MsHoon2219  

I am really so surprised that CLOY was mentioned in that Australian TV show. So unexpected LOL!!

And that long academic article was full of great info and how CLOY made an impact in different parts of the world. It was really left a cultural impact and seem to have re-ignited the Hallyu Wave for K-dramas. Hope this will continue on! 

@ElectricHearts Thanks for the tweets! Great to see other American actors/ artistes loving CLOY.

CLOY is really breaking the language/ cultural barrier for Kdramas in US and many other countries. Of course other korean imports like Parasite and K-pop also laid a good foundation. But CLOY is probably the first Kdrama to gain so much attention in US. Hope the cast and crew know about this and are very happy and proud!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

@TotoroSY woah you're good in rewatching CLOY for 2nd time I cld've but since there's quite a few that I had to kinda check in terms of some old/new dramas I haven't really watched cloy again!

hmm i'm missing the hide icon wae wae? hehehe anyway I've watched WOTM and curr watching DM it seems good but quite slow in first few epis! Haven't you watched Chocolate? ah you're missing something then! I also started HL but hvnt cont'd just yet! I've been kinda joggling on old dramas these days & just haven't even gone back to the latest epi of DM!

wave wave to you & everyone who's been a loyal CLOY fans! :blush:

sorry for being late in my replies as I sometime don't get a chance to come around here! :anguished:

• Like 2

Oh wow!! Was reading the thread of this Washington Post's Beijing Bureau Chief  (Anna Fifield) who recommended CLOY, and one of those who replied was the British Ambassador to North Korea (Colin Crooks) saying he watched it too!! Seriously, a lot of very influential people and experts in their area, esp media and academic studies, are so fascinated by CLOY and only has praises for it!  I am SO SUPER PROUD as a fan of the drama!!

19 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

@TotoroSY woah you're good in rewatching CLOY for 2nd time I cld've but since there's quite a few that I had to kinda check in terms of some old/new dramas I haven't really watched cloy again!

hmm i'm missing the hide icon wae wae? hehehe anyway I've watched WOTM and curr watching DM it seems good but quite slow in first few epis! Haven't you watched Chocolate? ah you're missing something then! I also started HL but hvnt cont'd just yet! I've been kinda joggling on old dramas these days & just haven't even gone back to the latest epi of DM!

wave wave to you & everyone who's been a loyal CLOY fans! :blush:

sorry for being late in my replies as I sometime don't get a chance to come around here! :anguished:

I might try a 3rd time CLOY rewatch after taking a break. I seem to have reached a Kdrama plateau and now watching Hollywood movies in Netflix, some are rewatches (Inception, John Wick, Julie & Julia, Salt, The Spy) and some are catch-ups (MIB 3 now). I think I need something exciting or funny right now. 

What's the hide icon wae wae? You lost me there LOL!! I've heard great things about Chocolate but not in the mood for melo-slow moving drama. May catch it one day when in the mood. I'm waiting for the new Kim Soo Hyun drama this 20 June on Netflix - hope it's good. The female lead (not familiar with her) looks gorgeous and acting seems good in the trailer. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

@TotoroSY hahaha ok first of the eye icon yday was missing that's the one for anything spoiler or other topics unrelated to say CLOY or other topic/s so yday I was gg to hide my message bc the topic was not about CLOY but i cldn't find it for some strange reason/s hahaha

I really recommend Chocolate very highly, it's not really a heavy drama, i love their love story for one thing!

Spoiler

right now am watching Dinner Mate and the lead actress is the one in CLOY who was madely in love with Capt. Ri! it's a bit slow fr epi 1 but it's picking up now! i seldom watch Hollywood projs these days since i got hooked with Kdramas lols

Wanted to share this since I have not seen it posted here... this scene in Dinner Mate is so funny.... they even used the OST from CLOY.... :loolz:

Have not visited here for a while.. can't believe this thread is still quite active.. anyway, shoutout to fellow Binjin shippers... you know who you are :handsup:

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

Hi to all,

An avid fan here of CLOY. Sigh. I can't get over this K-Drama. It's been 5 days now after completing the series and tears still keeps flowing (I keep watching clips from different episodes). Please help me to move on. Can anyone please suggest a new drama series to watch? I can't find any that is as good or better than this show. I have tried the Descendants of the Sun, but I couldn't stand the lengthy dialogue so I stopped (didn't even completed Episode 1). Appreciate your response. Thanks.

Edited by cloyfever
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, cloyfever said:

Hi to all,

An avid fan here of CLOY. Sigh. I can't get over this K-Drama. It's been a 5 days now after completing the series and tears still keeps flowing (I keep watching clips from different episodes). Please help me to move on. Can anyone please suggest a new drama series to watch? I can't find any that is as good or better than this show. I have tried the Descendants of the Sun, but I couldn't stand the lengthy dialogue so I stopped (didn't even completed Episode 1). Appreciate your response. Thanks.

Hello... welcome to this family...We have been like this since February..:tounge_xd:..Trust me it is really hard to move on from CLOY and most of us are maintaining the post drama condolence period of six months subconsciously. I haven't finished bingewatching any drama after CLOY and that's why watching live shows as I soon get bored or start comparing it with CLOY. CLOY really sets the bar so high..

If you don't have any problem with ongoing dramas then you can try" It's okay not to be okay". The chemistry, acting and the cinematography are awesome but the story will give you chills. (available on Netflix)

Even Seo Dan is starring in another show called Dinner Mate and it made lots of CLOY reference. (Available on Iqyi)

As for fantasy genre, I m watching Mystic Pop up Bar and it will be ending this week .So far it is funny and entertaining.(available on Netflix)

On a side note ,CLOY domination goes on..This time it is from Italy

https://rep.repubblica.it/pwa/generale/2020/06/23/news/crash_landing_on_you-259906073/?rss&ref=twhr

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, eLizza said:

On a side note ,CLOY domination goes on..This time it is from Italy

https://rep.repubblica.it/pwa/generale/2020/06/23/news/crash_landing_on_you-259906073/?rss&ref=twhr

CLOY continues to dominate fearlessly, I felt giddy when I saw some famous personalities in the US being hooked into this, HALLYU wave brought to us by BinJin, PJE, director, the greatest supporting actors and the whole CLOY Fam! I remember when SYJ accepted an award in 2018 (apologies which award was that, I just remembered her black dress) she mentioned that she hopes to bring back the Hallyu wave right? She did! I'm apparently obsessed checking all the ratings CLOY have in different websites, platforms, and media, I feel a little competitive about this :D . I've read the scholarly article on CLOY, I was touched by all points raised. I hope to hear more articles coming out from different parts of the world to proudly cheer to our all time favorite Kdrama (well for me :sweatingbullets:):dorakiss:

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

Here's another great news about CLOY popularity in Japan. NHK, which is Japan's biggest channel and is national TV, did a 6-min feature on CLOY!! That is really amazing!!  If someone here can understand Japanese, will be great to have a summary of what was said. Content likely similar to previous Japan news reports, but in case there's any new info in this NHK program.

• Awesome 4

14 hours ago, TotoroSY said:

Here's another great news about CLOY popularity in Japan. NHK, which is Japan's biggest channel and is national TV, did a 6-min feature on CLOY!! That is really amazing!!  If someone here can understand Japanese, will be great to have a summary of what was said. Content likely similar to previous Japan news reports, but in case there's any new info in this NHK program.

Awesome! Wow this is impressive...CLOY is truly a phenomenon in Japan right now. I wish there is an English translation but from a hunch I think they featured real life NK defectors who has a similar love story as our main leads. So proud of CLOY. I think one reason it’s so popular worldwide is its universal theme of romeo & juliet-ish love story, the fascination on North Korea... you couple that with a well written script, incredible cast chemistry and you got yourself one unforgettable hard-to-get-over masterpiece. 

• Love 3

Wow...CLOY domination continues in Japan. Another Naver article related to how CLOY is being recieved there and comparing its popularity to that of Winter Sonata level which brought the first Hallyu wave . CLOY is not only popular there but it is loved by critics as well. The largest Japanese review site gave it a score of 4.6 out of 5.B) 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/001/0011707895

• Awesome 4

18 hours ago, eLizza said:

Wow...CLOY domination continues in Japan. Another Naver article related to how CLOY is being recieved there and comparing its popularity to that of Winter Sonata level which brought the first Hallyu wave . CLOY is not only popular there but it is loved by critics as well. The largest Japanese review site gave it a score of 4.6 out of 5.B) 

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/001/0011707895

Thanks for the latest news! Now they added the drama ratings too, showing CLOY is both popular AND rated highly on quality by Japanese viewers! Actually it’s the same in all ratings sites too, with high number of  users giving it top ratings. It’s already end June, 4 months after it aired in Japan, and the news keep coming out. The highest compliment is comparing it to the impact of Winter Sonata. I think article also had a comment from Vast who said they received interview and picture requests, but couldn’t arrange any promo or events in Japan currently cuz of Covid situation. 

@MsHoon2219  Yes I’m still amazed Japan is still so crazy about CLOY after 4 months. Means the drama is really going viral there! The fact it’s no. 1 on Netflix Japan for so many weeks/ mths is so impressive! All the elements in the drama just came together beautifully and created Magic that audience can’t get enough of. Plus it has that rewatch addiction which is a strong sign of Hallyu wave impact. 

• Love 4