Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

1 hour ago, Katelyn Lana said:

A new JTBC drama,"The Worlds of the married" which last week after "Itaewon Class" premiered with 6.2% and ep 2 reaches 9.9%.I am worried that it will beat CLOY and becomes 1st or 2nd highest rated cable television channel drama.CLOY will still be TvN's highest rated drama but for all cable television channels, CLOY might become 3rd highest rated.The actors r not A-list stars or even well-known, the only difference is that the first 6eps r R-rated.The plot is not that good or even unique according to the synopsis.I am not saying bad things about that drama.I haven't watch that drama and don't plan to watch because it is R-rated.

I saw its rating too.And it reminded me of the IC days.Its initial ratings accelerated at a phenomenal level too and was quite worried that it may dethrone CLOY from its position.However I have nothing against IC and nor this drama as I haven't watched either.But I was glad that CLOY 's position was still intact.Infact I wish that this new drama should definitely deserve the due success and respect .But my CLOY biased mind wishes that this drama goes IC way and not able to break CLOY'S record.

However I have now started accepting the fact that even if any drama surpasses CLOY'S rating it will still be special.Records are meant to be broken but I still wish that this one shouldn't be broken so soon and CLOY should stay high for quite some time.

Indeed the competition is very stiff and many good dramas are coming out back to back with promising casts.I think this is one of the record smashing year for kdramas with many high profile comebacks by A listers. Infact Hospital Playlist is also going strong on ratings.Then we have KSH drama, LMH one(but it is not on cable tv i guess) etc. So I think it would be better if we not fret over other drama ratings.I know this is difficult and I want myself as well, to stop worrying.

Just Chill peeps.The only thing I m hoping right now is Beaksang not getting cancelled and then CLOY sweeping major awards.

• Like 1

I still chuckle to myself when I think about CLOY. When I heard Hyun Bin was casted as a soldier, I expected some solid actions from the soldier involving fights, battles etc. Instead I got a solder who cooks, makes coffee, goes grocery shopping, buys bra and aroma candles, plays online games, jealous and pouty to both girlfriend and parents.

Oh what did I get myself into? :joy: And a month later I still can't get over CLOY. :)

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

14 hours ago, L A said:

I still chuckle to myself when I think about CLOY. When I heart Hyun Bin was casted as a soldier, I expected some solid actions from the soldier involving fights, battles etc. Instead I got a solder who cooks, makes coffee, goes grocery shopping, buys bra and aroma candles, plays online games, jealous and pouty to both girlfriend and parents.

Oh what did I get myself into? :joy: And a month later I still can't get over CLOY. :)

Agree with you  ,  i had  same thinking  but after that, I thought we had too many   superhero soldier  out there  so one more  hero will not make any difference.  A warm soldier is other case.  Still love him a lot  even when I  watch superhero-soldier movies after CLOY .

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

On 3/29/2020 at 10:43 AM, L A said:

I still chuckle to myself when I think about CLOY. When I heart Hyun Bin was casted as a soldier, I expected some solid actions from the soldier involving fights, battles etc. Instead I got a solder who cooks, makes coffee, goes grocery shopping, buys bra and aroma candles, plays online games, jealous and pouty to both girlfriend and parents.

I just recently finished watching CLOY and I was thinking the exact same thing!  It hasn't been a week yet and I'm worried since you said you've hit the one month mark.  I better start watching something else soon!  

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

News on CLOY continues to come out despite it airing it's last episode more than a month ago! Just amazing! And in Netflix, CLOY is still ranked Top 10 and in some countries even at #1, higher than newer dramas. In the article below, it talked about CLOY ranking still  high in other countries outside Korea like Vietnam, Singapore etc. I know Philippines Netflix still has CLOY at #1 and for Malaysia it's at #2 now. was #1 in Malaysia for 3 weeks post finale.

https://www.hancinema.net/hyun-bin-s-crash-landing-on-you-effect-strengthens-the-korean-wave-leads-to-bargaining-140058.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Original Korea source

https://sports.donga.com/article/all/20200326/100372031/3

Hyun Bin's "Crash Landing on You" Effect Strengthens the Korean Wave, Leads to "Bargaining"

2020/03/30 Source

photo1169730.jpg

Actor Hyun Bin is stepping up his preparations for a film that heralds a new aspect while strengthening the Asian Hallyu Wave, thanks to the lingering effects of his most recent film.

Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin's "Crash Landing on You" ranked eighth in Korea's "Top 10 Content Today" compiled by online video service Netflix on the 26th. The drama ended on Feb 16th, but has remained in the top 10 for a month, as the online replay craze continues.

The situation in Vietnam, Singapore and other Asian countries is similar. Although overseas charts are not confirmed, because Netflix has closed its list of popular contents by country, it can be detected by local media reports. "Most of the top 10 of Netflix's daily popularity is Korean dramas", the Vietnamese Daily said in an article analyzing the recent Hallyu Wave. "It also includes Hyun Bin's "Crash Landing on You" and "Memories of the Alhambra".

Hyun Bin's popularity is also checked by the love calls he's been getting. "We have received several advertisement offers from Vietnam and other countries", an advertising industry source said on the 26th. "Everyone suffers from the aftermath of the COVID-19, but the popularity of Hyun Bin and Hallyu dramas seems to remain very unshakable in the wake of "Crash Landing on You".

Hyun Bin is also active in helping those who need help. In late February, he donated 200 million won without even alerting his agency, asking for the money to be spent on overcoming COVID-19 through the Community Chest of Korea.

Currently, Hyun Bin is in the midst of preparing for the movie "Bargaining". Although the company originally planned to shoot in Jordan later this month, it is preparing to film the movie in Korea first due to the spread of the COVID-19. Accordingly, the filming is expected to begin as early as late April.

"Bargaining" is a story about a diplomat and a national intelligence service agent who struggle and risk their lives on foreign soil to save Korean hostages that have been abducted in the Middle East. Hyun Bin works with director Im Soon-rae and actor Hwang Jung-min for the first time.

"Crash Landing on You" is directed by Lee Jeong-hyo, written by Park Ji-eun, and features Hyun Bin, Son Ye-jin, Seo Ji-hye, Kim Jung-hyun, Kim Sun-young, Kim Jung-nan. Broadcasting information in Korea: 2019/12/14~2020/02/16, Sat, Sun 21:00 on tvN.

• Like 5

On 3/31/2020 at 10:00 AM, Dee.84 said:

Thanks for this!! Want to repost the list here so it's easy to see for everyone. :D So proud of CLOY!!

For the first list, CLOY is the only K-drama in the list (I am excl. Kingdom since it's a Netflix produced series)

The 10 Most-Watched Shows & Movies on Netflix During Social Isolation
By Brandon Katz • 03/30/20 9:45am

https://observer.com/2020/03/netflix-ratings-most-watched-shows-movies-what-to-stream-coronavirus/

Most-Watched TV Shows on Netflix:

1. Elite
  2. Stranger Things
  3. Money Heist
  4. Sex Education
  5. Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness
  6. Crash Landing on You
  7. The Walking Dead
  8. I Am Not Okay with This
  9. Kingdom
  10. Breaking Bad

And this list is dated 22 Feb'20, listing ALL TV shows on ALL video-streaming services. CLOY is the only K-drama in the list again!

The Most Watched Shows on Netflix This Week
FEB. 22, 2020, 2:30 A.M.

https://sea.pcmag.com/gallery/33789/the-most-watched-shows-on-netflix-this-week

It's not only Netflix that's streaming. Here are the top TV shows this week across all video-streaming services.

20. Black Money Love (Netflix)
19. Crash Landing on You (Netflix)
18. Stranger Things (Netflix)
17. Homeland (Showtime and Hulu)
16. The Good Doctor (ABC and Hulu)
15. McMillions (HBO)
14. Vikings (Amazon Prime Video and Netflix)
13. The Witcher (Netflix)
12. High Fidelity (Hulu)
11.Rick and Morty (Hulu and Adult Swim)
10. Ragnarok (Netflix)
9. The Stranger (Netflix)
8. Brooklyn Nine-Nine (NBC and Hulu)
7. Star Trek: Picard (CBS All Access)
6. Narcos: Mexico (Netflix)
5. The Outsider (HBO)
4. Food Wars (Hulu and Adult Swim)
3. Locke & Key (Netflix)
2. Harley Quinn (DC Universe)
1. Sex Education (Netflix)

• Like 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/17/2020 at 6:34 AM, lowearth1137 said:

If I may add, asianwiki too. I am very distrubed by the fact that the drama's rating in that site is only 8.5 which is even lower than some other dramas out there even though CLOY are possibly better than those dramas (I'm trying hard not to undermine those dramas but we all know that CLOY deserves a higher rating than that:sweat_smile:)

CLOY is the best drama in K-history. Although it didn't manage to get on top of most watched for cable its bcoz one thing to consider their setting in north korean and might some or almost knetz were not able to give a try or hesitant to binge. And even during the airing still some political party were trying to disturbed the production network. Another thing to consider the rumors of the beautiful leads. Some fans of the other shipping they don't watch. This is the things to consider at first episode then it follows. However, with our main leads continue to show their sincere collab in reassuring us that their close friendship is one of the mixture to make it more magical wonderful chemistry team up. So the result of the RATING was exceedingly superb that every knetz and even international fans wanted it more airing time. Cannot get enough of their brilliant presence. If only the setting is not in north for sure in the beginning its a solid rating for cable. We always bear in mind CLOY was aired in CABLE tv. 

Imagine even it was already over, still they were the talk of every site and still top 10 on netflix. As a CLOY fans we don't be worried if somehow another drama would overtake as most watched in korean peninsula cable site.

Thankful that the CLOY script full of content plus adding the best chemistry of the main leads i think no one can ever surpass it.

2 hours ago, TotoroSY said:

Spoiler

Thanks for this!! Want to repost the list here so it's easy to see for everyone. :D So proud of CLOY!!

For the first list, CLOY is the only K-drama in the list (I am excl. Kingdom since it's a Netflix produced series)

The 10 Most-Watched Shows & Movies on Netflix During Social Isolation
By Brandon Katz • 03/30/20 9:45am

https://observer.com/2020/03/netflix-ratings-most-watched-shows-movies-what-to-stream-coronavirus/

Most-Watched TV Shows on Netflix:

1. Elite
  2. Stranger Things
  3. Money Heist
  4. Sex Education
  5. Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness
  6. Crash Landing on You
  7. The Walking Dead
  8. I Am Not Okay with This
  9. Kingdom
  10. Breaking Bad

And this list is dated 22 Feb'20, listing ALL TV shows on ALL video-streaming services. CLOY is the only K-drama in the list again!

The Most Watched Shows on Netflix This Week
FEB. 22, 2020, 2:30 A.M.

https://sea.pcmag.com/gallery/33789/the-most-watched-shows-on-netflix-this-week

It's not only Netflix that's streaming. Here are the top TV shows this week across all video-streaming services.

20. Black Money Love (Netflix)
19. Crash Landing on You (Netflix)
18. Stranger Things (Netflix)
17. Homeland (Showtime and Hulu)
16. The Good Doctor (ABC and Hulu)
15. McMillions (HBO)
14. Vikings (Amazon Prime Video and Netflix)
13. The Witcher (Netflix)
12. High Fidelity (Hulu)
11.Rick and Morty (Hulu and Adult Swim)
10. Ragnarok (Netflix)
9. The Stranger (Netflix)
8. Brooklyn Nine-Nine (NBC and Hulu)
7. Star Trek: Picard (CBS All Access)
6. Narcos: Mexico (Netflix)
5. The Outsider (HBO)
4. Food Wars (Hulu and Adult Swim)
3. Locke & Key (Netflix)
2. Harley Quinn (DC Universe)
1. Sex Education (Netflix)

:star: its a wow that's really a famous!!! Thank you Lord...my fav in kdramaland and fav couple:heart:

You see they are on the list on netflix international. I would say they belong to the first class. And please be still CLOY keep staying on top 10 top 20 around the globe until our main leads will get married soon:innocent:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Especially I watched a Chinese drama, Eternal Love of Dream recently.And that drama also have 4eps deleted.So people made a petition for the company to release those scenes.

What about we make a petition for CLOY Blu-ray.

Here's the link :

https://www.change.org/p/tencent-video-tencent-to-release-the-uncut-version-of-eternal-love-of-dream

• Like 1

Hi everyone! I always hear RJH says words with "hao" (don't know how it spelled...) on the end. I also heard it on a lot on KNG's character in Live Up to your Name and he is a Joseon Man there. I already searched the net but no answers. I am just curious... :sweatingbullets: TIA :)

Sorry if this has been answered earlier. I’m new here and 440 pages is a lot to catch up on.. :lol:

Does anyone know what song the pianist is playing at the end of the series when RJH is walking into the banquet room In Switzerland to meet YSR? I just heard the same song in episode 1 of Hyde, Jekyll, Me. I didn’t realize it wasn’t original to CLOY. 

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, cgl said:

Sorry if this has been answered earlier. I’m new here and 440 pages is a lot to catch up on.. :lol:

Does anyone know what song the pianist is playing at the end of the series when RJH is walking into the banquet room In Switzerland to meet YSR? I just heard the same song in episode 1 of Hyde, Jekyll, Me. I didn’t realize it wasn’t original to CLOY. 

Clair de Lune by Claude Debussy.

Edited by dramapanda
  • Awesome 1

7 hours ago, HaiKamiL said:

Hi everyone! I always hear RJH says words with "hao" (don't know how it spelled...) on the end. I also heard it on a lot on KNG's character in Live Up to your Name and he is a Joseon Man there. I already searched the net but no answers. I am just curious... :sweatingbullets: TIA :)

It was 하오.He used North Korean language.It is not ancient Korean language.People in North Korea still use that kind of words.So it is normal that you can search it up there cuz it is a North Korea word. That word is kind of like “해요"in South Korea.

You probably mean this.

RJH : 사랑하오(I love you)-SaRangHaO

South Korean Korean language: 사랑해요

• Awesome 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Katelyn Lana said:

It was 하오.He used North Korean language.It is not ancient Korean language.People in North Korea still use that kind of words.So it is normal that you can search it up there cuz it is a North Korea word. That word is kind of like “해요"in South Korea.

You probably mean this.

RJH : 사랑하오(I love you)-SaRangHaO

South Korean Korean language: 사랑해요

I thought it means a more polite way of talking in CLOY North Korean way and I got surprised to hear it from a Segeuk drama. :sweatingbullets:

Thank you, Comrade! :D

• Like 1

I just saw this video from KBS World on NK ahjumma talking about meeting HB for the first time. It's english subbed! Looks like different TV stations are still churning out CLOY content. This KBS video has a more thorough english sub vs previous versions. She also demonstrate how she auditioned for her role in CLOY and it's so super funny!!

CLOY LEGO!! Mainly Captain Ri. Wonder where to find YSR version too.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

Not sure if shared already but our boi Pyo Chi Soo got his own commercial for * drum rolls * a shampoo product :D

• LOL 6

I am actually expecting this to happen, He got the Fragrant Scalp Award anyway! :lol: The company took PCS to advertise it in a more interesting concept! Can't stop laughing! :joy:

• LOL 2