[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

@eLizza Hi it's me again! just wish to share that I manage to find a good replacement  but a lighter version with more comedy :) "What's Wrong with Secretary Kim" it's also on NetFlix. Not as super top notch as "Crash Landing on You" but this can be a good show to watch next if you are wanting to continue the K-drama fever.

25 minutes ago, cloyfever said:

@eLizza Hi it's me again! just wish to share that I manage to find a good replacement  but a lighter version with more comedy :) "What's Wrong with Secretary Kim" it's also on NetFlix. Not as super top notch as "Crash Landing on You" but this can be a good show to watch next if you are wanting to continue the K-drama fever.

Spoiler

I already watched this a year ago.. Although the chemistry between leads is good but the story is a bit meh! with all those tropes involving childhood lovers, and workplace romances.. Initially it was fun with lots of comedic elements but at some point later on  I found it to be dragging with lots if fillers.. Hope you don't feel bad as you seemed to like this drama. Nonetheless WWWSK was a hit with some good acting and many people loved it. It was just that it didn't live up to my expectations as I watched this after witnessing the hype.

@elizza no worries, yeah, story is a bit mild and characters are a bit younger too. I'm currently at Episode 11 or 12 where the dark past has been revealed. Yeah not sure how the rest of the Episode will progress. Let's see. :)

8 minutes ago, swclw said:

HI, sorry I know this is not BinJin Soompi thread, But I cant find it in soompi.

Is there any problem with the thread? Thank you.

I cant find it either. It seems it disappeared.

I watched CLOY again. Sigh, I don't think i can get over with this show. I invited some of my friends who hasn't seen it yet, and some were cursing me like mad as they also caught the CLOY fever  :D hahaha.  Btw @eLizza you are right about the other "secretary kim", I understand now what you meant by filler, everything became rubbish and didn't continue watching after the part where kim stayed overnight with the vice. yuck, it ruined everything. Anyways I'm going to check out who the screenwriter of CLOY is.  Most people neglect or doesn't know the role of the screenwriter. He/She must have done other successful Drama or Movies.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

7 minutes ago, cloyfever said:

Anyways I'm going to check out who the screenwriter of CLOY is.  Most people neglect or doesn't know the role of the screenwriter. He/She must have done other successful Drama or Movies.

No no..that CLOY writer is a star writer..She is appreciated a lot in Korea and recently even awarded by the unification ministry.At this point ,her name only will draw lots of audience . I mean even her worst performing drama has a double digit rating for public channel. She has done many successful projects..CLOY is my third drama from that writer. So the score stands for 1 vs 2. I disliked the first one but loved the  last 2 .

Even I infused my friends with CLOY fever.:w00t:

• Love 1

A little tidbit news on CLOY OST. Just found it on tweeter, but it was dated back in April. CLOY OST actually scored pretty good in Gaon Digital points, almost double of the other dramas that aired around the same period. This makes me happy cuz there some naysayers earlier who said CLOY is not really making a cultural impact in SK and one of the proof was the OST is not that popular. Well, this shows it WAS popular. :D

• Love 3
  • Awesome 1

Yet another CLOY news from Japan, this time by Japan Times which is the oldest and biggest english paper in Japan.

One very interesting point about this article is that CLOY was only the next Kdrama that received domestic media attention after Winter Sonata. Though some other dramas and K-culture was popular in Japan, but the media typically under report them to protect  Japanese pop culture. But even the domestic media could not resist reporting about CLOY because the impact was that big!! GREAT NEWS FOR CLOY!!

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/07/04/national/media-national/crash-landing-on-you-netflix/

Korean drama successfully crash lands on a Japanese audience

np_file_20565-870x673.jpeg Actor Hyun Bin stars in "Crash Landing on You," a TV series on Netflix that has attracted a strong following in Japan during the pandemic. | REUTERS
BY PHILIP BRASOR

CONTRIBUTING WRITER

One beneficiary of the coronavirus pandemic has been the video streaming service Netflix. Stuck at home with free time on their hands, many people, rather than finally clean out the attic or write that book, turn to effortless pastimes. Binging TV serials is custom-made for these times.

The South Korean romantic melodrama “Crash Landing on You” is the one that has received the most attention, at least in Asia. As far as “Korean Wave” exports go, it’s standard fare: True love beset by extraordinary forces arrayed to keep our protagonists apart. Fate figures decisively in every episode. Plot twists are the rule rather than the exception. Dei ex machina run riot.

What makes “Crash Landing” generative of not only gushing fan tributes and magazine profiles but also scholarly analyses is its high-concept premise. Yoon Se-ri (Son Ye-jin), an heir to a South Korean conglomerate, goes paragliding and is blown into North Korea, where she lands in a tree and is discovered by Ri Jeong-hyeok (Hyun Bin), a handsome army captain and the scion of a powerful political family. Forbidden love was never so forbidden, and the show runners play up this aspect exhaustively — 16 installments, each between 70 and 112 minutes in length. It’s become the must-see TV series of the pandemic, even for viewers constitutionally averse to the kind of contrived storylines and hyperbolic presentation typical of South Korean dramas.

For Japanese viewers, it’s no big deal. A cursory scan of satellite TV schedules reveals an appetite for South Korean drama that’s insatiable, and in line with the parallel Japanese affection for K-pop. What’s interesting about Japan’s love affair with South Korean exports is that domestic media, while recognizing its popularity, rarely gives them their proper due. Almost 20 years ago, when the drama “Winter Sonata” was a genuine phenomenon, the Korean Wave couldn’t help but generate media scrutiny. Since then, however, there’s been a zero-sum aspect to the coverage. Whatever attention the Korean Wave receives is seen to be at the expense of Japanese pop culture.

However, “Crash Landing” is irresistible. Hyun, the series’ heartthrob, graced the cover of the June 26 issue of the Shukan Asahi magazine, which contained a section showcasing the best Korean dramas to stream at the moment. It leaves out one of Netflix’s top-rated Korean offerings, “Mr. Sunshine,” which would seem to hold more interest for Japanese viewers. For one, it stars Lee Byung-hun, an older male heartthrob who has been popular in Japan for years. It also has a Japanese subtext in that it takes place during the years just before Japan annexed the Korean Peninsula and involves the local resistance movement. Many Korean dramas and movies are set before and during the colonial period, and sometimes these depictions offend Japanese nationalist sentiments, which hold that Japan’s control and annexation was, on the whole, benevolent. These depictions are not shy about the brutality of the era, but it has been my observation that Korean dramas tend to be harsher on Korean collaborators than on their Japanese overlords.

A drama about a romance that bridges the gap between two countries that are still at war comes with its own interpretive pitfalls, not least of which is the reality that it was Japan’s control of the Korean Peninsula that led to its division by the Allies after World War II. But “Crash Landing” doesn’t address history. Any portrayal of North Korea in a sympathetic light is going to be problematic in Japan given the still unresolved matter of Pyongyang’s abduction of Japanese citizens in the past, but just as “Mr. Sunshine,” despite its overwrought romantic premise, can teach Japanese viewers something about their history, “Crash Landing” gives them a glimpse of North Korean life they’re not going to find elsewhere. Viewers literate in the grammar of Korean dramas will see through the exaggerations, and North Koreans become relatable as people, or, at least, relatable as Korean drama characters.

One Japanese commentator sees how this aspect could conceivably offend viewers. Journalist Renge Jibu, writing in the Asahi Shimbun, admits that at first she thought there was something improper about setting a work of entertainment in North Korea. The drama only hints at the suffering North Koreans experience with regard to human rights and doesn’t indicate the fierce resentments many feel toward South Korea and the West as a result of the carnage of the Korean War. But everyday hardships, like frequent power outages and shortages of medical supplies, are carefully, sometimes comically, built into the plot, and, more significantly, while the writers do gently mock a group of North Korean soldiers as rubes when they infiltrate Seoul, they never look down on them. In the drama the good guys and bad guys in North Korea are no different from the good guys and bad guys in South Korea.

Another writer, Minori Kitahara in the magazine Aera, credits the Japanese popularity of the series to Hyun. Kitahara acknowledges that Jeong-hyeok is too good to be true, and, as a feminist, she finds the idea of a man who does everything to protect the woman he loves depressing, since “protection” tends to go hand-in-hand with “domination” in a patriarchal society. However, watching the show during a pandemic has had its own effect. Kitahara thinks the Japanese government has failed in its promise to “protect” its people from the physical and economic scourge of the virus, so she finds comfort in Jeong-hyeok’s humanistic attitude toward everyone he comes into contact with, and not just the object of his desire, though she credits that attitude to South Korea, which produced the drama, rather than to North Korea, which supposedly produced Jeong-hyeok.

A running joke is that whenever Se-ri becomes indebted to a North Korean who helps her, she says she will repay them “after reunification,” a line she invariably delivers in a weary tone. Such idealistic pronouncements have become empty over the years through overuse, and it’s unlikely, even within the extreme fantasy parameters of the tale being told, that North and South will settle their differences anytime soon. But it’s nice to imagine the possibility, if only for 16 episodes.

• Like 1
  • Love 3

On 7/4/2020 at 9:59 AM, TotoroSY said:

A little tidbit news on CLOY OST. Just found it on tweeter, but it was dated back in April. CLOY OST actually scored pretty good in Gaon Digital points, almost double of the other dramas that aired around the same period. This makes me happy cuz there some naysayers earlier who said CLOY is not really making a cultural impact in SK and one of the proof was the OST is not that popular. Well, this shows it WAS popular. :D

this is awesome! But who are these naysayers?? LOL. CLOY broke many records in SK while it was airing and its  OST reached the top of the charts when it was simultaneously released at that time. Considering it was aired in SK before the lockdown happened and for it to reach 20++ ratings was a huge deal because TV ratings was on a downward trend over the past few years. CLOY was the talk of the town and was almost always trending back then. Even kpop stars and k-celebrities were talking about it. There was one kpop star (i don’t know who I just watched the video lmao but he’s supposed to be popular) and he was trying to copy the NK accent from the show. Another korean celebrity also referenced the show while she was vacationing in Switzerland and of course there’s that kpop star who covered Here I Am Again, CLOY’s national anthem. Lol 

On another note, I found this new article about overseas dramas’ “satisfaction rating” in Japan and CLOY ranked number 1. The translation is a bit off but you can still pretty much get the gist of what it’s trying to say. Lol. CLOY is translated as “Love’s Untimely Arrival.”

The rankings are as follows:

Overseas Drama Satisfaction (Score) Ranking

1st place: "Love's Untimely Arrival" (4.58)
2nd place: "Sex Education Season 2" (4.42)
3rd place: "Paper House Season 4" (4.41)
4th: "Hollywood" (4.28)
5th: "Kingdom Season 2" (4.26)
6th place: "Ritaiin Class" (4.22)
7th: "Knot Okay" (4.07)
8th: "13 Reasons Season 4" (3.903)
9th: "Human Lessons" (3.897)
10th: "Rock & Key" (3.895)

Spoiler
"Love's untimely arrival" is the first place! Filmmarks, First Half 2020 Drama Satisfaction Ranking

Filmmarks, a review service for movies and dramas, announced the first half of 2020 drama satisfaction rankings, and the Korean drama "Love No Time" on Netflix overseas and "Kotaki Brothers and The BitterNess" aired on TV Tokyo in the January quarter of Tv in Japan were ranked First.

[Photo] [love untimely arrival] scene cut and other <全35枚>

The ranking covers overseas and domestic dramas that have received more than 700 reviews as of June 30, 2020. From the drama broadcast and distribution in Japan between January 1, 2020 and June 30, 2020, it is calculated based on the data of Filmmarks that each user evaluated by the number of ★ (out of 5.0 points) (score as of June 30, 2020).

Full article: 

https://www.cinematoday.jp/news/N0117124.amp.html?__twitter_impression=true

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/6/2020 at 4:10 PM, MsHoon2219 said:

this is awesome! But who are these naysayers?? LOL. CLOY broke many records in SK while it was airing and its  OST reached the top of the charts when it was simultaneously released at that time. Considering it was aired in SK before the lockdown happened and for it to reach 20++ ratings was a huge deal because TV ratings was on a downward trend over the past few years. CLOY was the talk of the town and was almost always trending back then. Even kpop stars and k-celebrities were talking about it. There was one kpop star (i don’t know who I just watched the video lmao but he’s supposed to be popular) and he was trying to copy the NK accent from the show. Another korean celebrity also referenced the show while she was vacationing in Switzerland and of course there’s that kpop star who covered Here I Am Again, CLOY’s national anthem. Lol 

On another note, I found this new article about overseas dramas’ “satisfaction rating” in Japan and CLOY ranked number 1. The translation is a bit off but you can still pretty much get the gist of what it’s trying to say. Lol. CLOY is translated as “Love’s Untimely Arrival.”

The rankings are as follows:

Overseas Drama Satisfaction (Score) Ranking

1st place: "Love's Untimely Arrival" (4.58)
2nd place: "Sex Education Season 2" (4.42)
3rd place: "Paper House Season 4" (4.41)
4th: "Hollywood" (4.28)
5th: "Kingdom Season 2" (4.26)
6th place: "Ritaiin Class" (4.22)
7th: "Knot Okay" (4.07)
8th: "13 Reasons Season 4" (3.903)
9th: "Human Lessons" (3.897)
10th: "Rock & Key" (3.895)

Hi! Thanks for the additional info on how CLOY was very popular during its airing in SK. We get news here and there but it was not collated here, since most here are international fans and can't read korean news. As for the naysayers, they are both in this thread itself (from people who are supposed to be fans of this drama...) and also in other forums or blogsites where CLOY somehow became a punching bag for others (either they are anti-fans, or fans of other dramas/ actors, or deemed themselves elitist who don't think much of CLOY and find it cheesy).

Whenever some CLOY fans here bring in news from overseas like US, Asia, Europe etc about how CLOY is making a worldwide impact, it will get challenged here by some who says CLOY do not have the cultural impact of other Hallyu dramas like DOTS, Goblin, MLFAS etc and even compare CLOY with 1st generation Hallyu dramas like Winter Sonata and Dae Jang Geum. A lot of times, the OST and songs impact in SK is used as an example why CLOY do not have the same cultural impact. Our argument is that the OST has done pretty well, plus cultural impact is not measured by songs alone but also other factors like social-political impact which CLOY has abundance of, mainly related to how people perceive North Korea, and the SK-NK reunification dilemma which many in the world are not aware of. Hence the recent news in Japan where CLOY was compared to Winter Sonata, and the OST digital Gaon scores, gives me immense satisfaction. :D

Thanks for the Japan article on Satisfaction ranking!! Did you notice that not only did CLOY score the highest amongst Overseas Dramas, it is in fact the Overall Highest Score if you put both Overseas and Domestic ranking together.

Here's the one for Domestic Dramas - CLOY's score is 4.58 and higher than the Domestic #1 score!!

Domestic drama satisfaction (score) ranking

1st place: "Kotaki Brothers and Hardships" (4.00)
2nd place: "Theseus' Ship" (3.81)
3rd place: "Kotoki Ito Koto" (3.802)
4th Place: "Tokyo Love Story" (3.797)
5th Place: "Love will continue forever" (3.794)
6th place: "Like! Light Source Mr. Kun" (3.76)
7th place: "Only for the night when I want to die" (3.74)
8th place: "I will do properly in the afterlife" (3.70)
9th place: "Absolute Zero-Crime Undercover Investigation-New Series" (3.59)
10th place: "Gourmet Detective Akechi Goro" (3.48)

• Awesome 1

10 hours ago, TotoroSY said:

Hi! Thanks for the additional info on how CLOY was very popular during its airing in SK. We get news here and there but it was not collated here, since most here are international fans and can't read korean news. As for the naysayers, they are both in this thread itself (from people who are supposed to be fans of this drama...) and also in other forums or blogsites where CLOY somehow became a punching bag for others (either they are anti-fans, or fans of other dramas/ actors, or deemed themselves elitist who don't think much of CLOY and find it cheesy).

Whenever some CLOY fans here bring in news from overseas like US, Asia, Europe etc about how CLOY is making a worldwide impact, it will get challenged here by some who says CLOY do not have the cultural impact of other Hallyu dramas like DOTS, Goblin, MLFAS etc and even compare CLOY with 1st generation Hallyu dramas like Winter Sonata and Dae Jang Geum. A lot of times, the OST and songs impact in SK is used as an example why CLOY do not have the same cultural impact. Our argument is that the OST has done pretty well, plus cultural impact is not measured by songs alone but also other factors like social-political impact which CLOY has abundance of, mainly related to how people perceive North Korea, and the SK-NK reunification dilemma which many in the world are not aware of. Hence the recent news in Japan where CLOY was compared to Winter Sonata, and the OST digital Gaon scores, gives me immense satisfaction. :D

Thanks for the Japan article on Satisfaction ranking!! Did you notice that not only did CLOY score the highest amongst Overseas Dramas, it is in fact the Overall Highest Score if you put both Overseas and Domestic ranking together.

Here's the one for Domestic Dramas - CLOY's score is 4.58 and higher than the Domestic #1 score!!

Domestic drama satisfaction (score) ranking

1st place: "Kotaki Brothers and Hardships" (4.00)
2nd place: "Theseus' Ship" (3.81)
3rd place: "Kotoki Ito Koto" (3.802)
4th Place: "Tokyo Love Story" (3.797)
5th Place: "Love will continue forever" (3.794)
6th place: "Like! Light Source Mr. Kun" (3.76)
7th place: "Only for the night when I want to die" (3.74)
8th place: "I will do properly in the afterlife" (3.70)
9th place: "Absolute Zero-Crime Undercover Investigation-New Series" (3.59)
10th place: "Gourmet Detective Akechi Goro" (3.48)

You have pretty much laid out why these naysayers are wrong and I couldn’t agree more. Sometimes people just hate things because they’re popular. I respect valid opinions and I know no one can please everybody, not even a critically acclaimed and commercially successful series. But elitist comments annoy the heck out of me cause they’re just basically hating and sour grapes for nothin, likely because their favorites didn’t get the same recognition. But I gotta respect their often times half-baked and foolish opinions  ‘cause... freedom of speech. Lol

In addition to what you have pointed out, I don’t think CLOY will break records in SK if it wasn’t that popular when it was airing, plus HB and SYJ’s popularity and star value soared higher back then. There was that ranking that I saw posted here a couple of hundred pages ago. Lol.  

And wow you have a good eye! I didn’t notice CLOY’s satisfaction rating is higher than domestic dramas! Japan is still super whipped on CLOY, I keep finding articles almost on a daily basis! Lol. Here’s the latest one. Nothing much new, just saying how CLOY broke barriers by being the most popular show these days despite the deteriorating Japan-SK relationship and the series not being broadcasted on major Japanese networks. Apparently, since the fall-out between the two countries these past few years, there is a deliberate attempt by the gov’t to tone down Korean content and influence so it’s truly phenomenal how CLOY became so popular in spite of all these hurdles. 

Spoiler

English Translation to the article: 

The real meaning of the promotion of the 'time-notice of love'

A very symbolic event, the "Fire time of love" craze

Go -Go +

Lee Ji-ho
Article Entry 2020/07/07 [20:10]

icon_view.png?w=170628
2020070612181319.jpg

▲ Drama 'Love's Landing' ©JPNews

Interestingly, the drama has never been aired on Japanese terrestrial. It is serviced through Netflix, a popular online video service (OTT) platform that you know well. It has been available in Japan since February. Since its inception in Japan, the show has rarely missed the top spot on Netflix's daily content viewing rankings.

For 4 or 5 months, it was the #1 spot in the league because of the constant influx of new viewers. It was the power of word of mouth.

"It's funny," "I cried, I saw it," and i've seen it all. Now, sana's popularity, such as "strongly recommended works", "film mark", etc., has continued to rise up and down in people's mouths while receiving good scores on the reader's criticism site.

icon_view.png?w=170628
2020070711439137.jpg

▲ Japan Netflix's Top 10 Daily Top Rankings is dated July 7. Coincidentally, the first, second, and third place is korean dramas. #1 Love's Fire time, #2 Itaewon Clas, #3 Psycho, but it's ok© Netflix screen capture

It's fun to be around, and netflix rankings are always number one, so the Japanese poputhing that has made me feel like I've spent a lot of time at home in corona is naturally intrigued by this work. And then you click once, and you're caught in the appeal of drama.

Japanese celebrities also praised the "fire-and-try of love." Terry Ito, Tetsuko Kuroyanagi, Shofukutei Tsurube, Chiaki, and other popular Japanese entertainers confessed in the broadcast that they had fallen into a "love-making frenzy."

As it is a realistic depiction of the reality of North Korea, even political, economic, and international relations commentators and current affairs experts who have no connection with korean-style dramas used to say that they had fun watching it. That was the topic of the agenda.

Former Osaka Mayor Toru Hashimoto, a conservative politician, commentator, and commentator, also drew attention to the drama.

I've seen people building dramas and walls, so japanese drama fans aren't talking about the second coming of winter.

Because it was a hot topic in Chang'an, terrestrial broadcasters also dealt with the craze for "the spark of love." I started to get interested in various media.

Dramas that were not aired on terrestrial television in Japan have never received such much attention. It's really unusual.

Now, this interest is not only a "fire-hit of love", but also a pattern that spreads throughout the Korean-style drama.

The meaning of The Japanese Entertainment of "The Time of Love"

The Japanese entertainment of the drama "The Fire of Love" has a lot to do with it. Above all, it is important to note that Korean drama no longer has to be tied to traditional Japanese media.

In fact, the entertainment of Korean dramas in Japan was entirely dependent on terrestrial broadcasters. There was no other window to present the drama. When the "Winter Song" was also good on the cable, it was rebroadcast on NHK terrestrial television, and it was the beginning of a syndrome.

In 2012, relations between South Korea and Japan cooled rapidly due to President Lee's landing in Dokdo and the president's call for an apology from the Emperor, and the Korean drama, which always appeared on TV, almost disappeared from Japan. Broadcasters have sharply reduced or eliminated the number of broadcasts, and because of poor public opinion in Korea, the dramas they imported have failed to properly promote.

Japanese terrestrial broadcasters care as much about the government as much as public opinion. As a result, korean-style content was forced to be greatly influenced by the direction of Rok-Japan relations. SINCE 2012, NHK has been completely excluded from the show's roster of Korean singers. This is a very representative example.

Note: The k-pop exclusion of the Hongbaek Gaga Exhibition, meaning

However, with the advent of global platforms such as YouTube and Netflix, and the decline of traditional media, Korean-style content is no longer caught up in national conflicts. It is the "fire time of love" that symbolically demonstrated this.

It is truly dramatic that the drama's craze in Japan is taking place at a time when The Rok-Japan relationship is at its worst.

The second important thing is that Korean-style drama struck all generations in Japan. In other words, the pie (market) has grown.

In fact, since 2012, Korean-style dramas have rarely appealed to the general public in Japan, except for some Korean fans. This was because traditional Japanese media was reluctant to deal with the Korean wave because of the government's intent or social atmosphere.

However, in the music market, many online platforms such as YouTube continued to appeal to the young Japanese public regardless of political situations, thus steadily forming and maintaining a consumer base. It was in this context that Shin Okubo, one of Japan's leading Korean-American streets, was transformed into a sanctuary for young Japanese people (especially idol fans) in the streets for middle-aged women (korean drama consumers).

However, korean dramas and movies can now be easily accessed through Netflix without going through traditional traditional media such as terrestrial dramas.

The condition is already equipped condition. And the corona crisis and this 'love-time' boom have properly ignited the line of painting.

First, there were young Japanese people who were not reluctant to engage in Korean content. The 10s and 20s, who had never had a chance to experience Korean drama, or who were considered the sole possession of their mother's generation, have emerged as a new consumer through dramas such as "The Fire of Love" and "Itaewon Clas."

What's even more remarkable is the influx of male viewers. There are many who are not very interested in the drama itself, let alone korean-style drama. However, in the case of "The Fire of Love," the fact that it depicts the reality of North Korea in a realistic way stimulated their curiosity.

Even middle-aged men who were not interested in romantic comedy genre dramas, taking care of current affairs and economic news, were able to see "Real North Korea" as a way to pull the game. (The Japanese broadcaster's favorite material is "North Korea".

What's more, Netflix has a really low barrier to entry. If you're a subscriber to the service, you can watch the video you want with a single click. It's so much fun around here, so you'll have a click. And then it's getting out. There are so many Japanese men who talk about these experiences.

It doesn't have to be explained by the middle-aged women who were originally the consumers of Korean drama, and who had already fallen into the swamp of "Hade".

"Have you seen the 'love fire'?" is a fad like a buzzword. (In fact, I've been asking people around me.

To finish with my opinion, this is the case.

The impact of Korean-Korean content on Korean-Japan relations has been greatly reduced.

The market in Japan has grown and opportunities have increased.

As long as the quality of the content is secured, the future prospects are bright.

Of course, it would be better if the Rok-Japan relationship improved, but the reality seems to be not green.

on a completely different topic, this new Soompi look is giving me headaches. Such an eyesore lol. Can this be changed? :blink:

• Awesome 3

Thanks for all the updates for CLOY, I always check the ratings of CLOY in imdb etc, just makes my heart flutter when I see their ratings increasing continuously :glee:

Has anyone seen the interview of the Director? I’m not sure but somehow it’s a post CLOY interview by a Japan newspaper? I’m trying to find the said interview. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Just finished watching this recently. Overall it was an excellent drama, by turns humorous, heart-warming and touching. The friendships FL forged in N Korea were portrayed very well. The pacing in the last episode was a bit slow for me. I guess I just wished the OTP could have more screen time together.

• Love 1

On 6/29/2020 at 9:57 AM, cloyfever said:

@elizza no worries, yeah, story is a bit mild and characters are a bit younger too. I'm currently at Episode 11 or 12 where the dark past has been revealed. Yeah not sure how the rest of the Episode will progress. Let's see. :)

Oh, I was quite drawn to the mystery at the beginning of WWWSK. I went on to read the manga and discovered the drama followed it quite closely. The leads were perfect in their roles. The story only started to drag for me when the only thing left for them to do was hold the wedding.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2020 at 10:23 PM, Jbelr said:

Has anyone seen the interview of the Director? I’m not sure but somehow it’s a post CLOY interview by a Japan newspaper? I’m trying to find the said interview. 

Saw this on twitter:

• Love 1
  • Awesome 3