[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

14 hours ago, Seoshi.love. said:

I'm rewatching CLOY now.. one thing I'm still curious about: when do you guys think RJH fell in love with YSR and vice versa?

From the start episode 1 his heart was beating the moment she fall on him. However RJH has to keep at bay coz he has a fiancee...in denial by his word but his actions tells differently. Signs he seemed so worried (feelings) about her. He already worried when she was crossing the fence to north korean side, that even at night they tried to locate her. He panicked when she was sneaking out and attempting to go paraglide back home inthe early dawn of morning. He fetched her at night when she was alone attending the bday party. He was rushing in to find her when he heard she was lost at the marketplace. He was worried when she will be left alone when he sent dan's to pyongyang. He's jealous with his comrades when SR was giving them a finger heart. He's jealous when he saw SR taken by GSJ on the hotel lobby. He worried her when he saw SR was with GSJ walking around at night. All these things is a signs of Love.

• Like 5

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I just think it's sooo hard to tell when exactly they fell for each other. 

Did she already pique his interest in Switzerland or was it only by the time she crash landed on him?

For YSR I think the night at the market (scented candle scene) was probably the moment she officially fell for him.

34 minutes ago, Seoshi.love. said:

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I just think it's sooo hard to tell when exactly they fell for each other. 

Did she already pique his interest in Switzerland or was it only by the time she crash landed on him?

For YSR I think the night at the market (scented candle scene) was probably the moment she officially fell for him.

We actually had this discussion before earlier on (before the finale) and there were so many answers LOL!! For me, I think JH first admitted it at the hospital when he realise SR gave up going back to SK to save him and even cried for him whole day and night. But I think his heart already fluttered when he saw her cute and funny conversation while she was hanging on the tree. The great thing about the story and script is that we really see how the both of them slowly but surely started having heart flutter for each other. That's how good the script is, and also the director!

I kinda agree that SR probably first realise she likes JH a lot at the market/ scented candle scene. But I think she already start liking his character  cuz of all the kind things he did for her, like buying her the candle, personal care products & under garments (LOL) and also when he let the orphan kid go with all the food etc.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, phoenixfire25 said:

By the way, this art is by sallyandpiper, so beautiful :wub::wub:

Thank you for sharing!

I found another beautiful fan art of bicycle scene.

I really love how the creator put their conversation voice in the video :wub::wub:

Really happy many people love CLOY and even be inspired to create another art as appreciation.

We really cannot move on from CLOY even after more than 2 weeks the drama has ended!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

http://koreajoongangdaily.joins.com/news/article/article.aspx?aid=3074565

‘Crash Landing’ sidekick is living his dream: Yang Kyung-won went from being an architect to a TV star

Mar 05,2020

0-D47-AC69-BF28-4489-B449-B79-F73197167.

Actor Yang Kyung-won, who plays the cheeky North Korean sergeant Pyo Chi-su in the tvN series “Crash Landing on You,” sits for a chat at a cafe in Seoul on Feb. 27. [KIM JIN-KYUNG]

The drama series “Crash Landing on You” concluded last month with the highest-ever ratings for cable channel tvN, so it may come as no surprise that the love story between a South Korean heiress and a North Korean soldier has stirred emotions in Pyongyang.

“[South Korea] is engaging in propaganda against us by producing these anti-[North Korean] movies and TV series,” said a column published on Uriminzokkiri, a website run by North Korea’s equivalent to the South Korean Ministry of Unification, on Wednesday. 

A recent South Korean film “Ashfall” (2019) also dealt with North-South relations in a fictional story about the eruption of the volcanic Mount Paektu.

The success of “Crash Landing on You” was a surprise to many, given that it was a love story between a North Korean and South Korean in a time when the two countries’ relations have faltered and the North has resumed its missile tests.

The romance between Son Ye-jin, who plays the South Korean heiress, and Hyun Bin, who plays the North Korean solider, in “Crash Landing on You” would not have been complete without Hyun Bin’s character’s cheeky sidekick Pyo Chi-su, played by Yang Kyung-won.

Yang’s tit-for-tat arguments with Son in the series provided not only comic relief but also an interesting example of how the jargon used in the two Koreas can be shared.

(Image)

Yang playing Pyo in the series. [TVN]

“The last time I had to speak in a North Korean dialect was when I was appearing in the musical ‘Rhogisoo’ in 2015,” Yang told Ilgan Sports, an affiliate of the Korea JoongAng Daily, at a cafe in Seoul on Thursday. “The North Korean language and dialect expert Baek Kyung-yoon helped me a lot then and again this time. I also watched a lot of documentaries about North Korean defectors.”

“Crash Landing on You” was Yang’s second time starring in a drama. He also appeared in the tvN series “Arthdal Chronicles” in 2019. 

Yang, 39, didn’t know that he would be an actor when he graduated with a degree in architecture years ago. 

“I worked for two years and a half at an architect’s office,” he said. “But something about dancing and singing drew me in constantly. I knew that I had to give it a try before it was too late. So I started taking classes after work about acting and singing. And now I’m here.”

Ilgan Sports met with Yang not long after the conclusion of the record-breaking drama series. The following are edited excerpts from the interview.

Q. What’s changed for you since the end of “Crash Landing on You”?

A.
 Well, one thing is that people actually recognize me now (laughs). I was in a subway the other day, wearing a mask, but some people sitting across started to whisper, “Isn’t he Pyo Chi-su?” That made me laugh. I am thankful.

Did you know that you would be playing Pyo Chi-su when you were cast?

Not really. When I first auditioned for the role, it was for one of the many roles available. The staff called me back for another audition, and it was for Pyo.

How did the character of Pyo come across to you initially?

I thought that he was charismatic and frankly a little scary. But the more I found out about the character and saw what he’s really like inside, I grew more passionate about playing him.

Did the producers guide you to play the role in certain ways?

The writer and the producers gave me the freedom to play Pyo however I wanted. When we first started filming, the writer called me over and asked me for my help in developing the role. That certainly put pressure on me. I even had nightmares after that (laughs).

Did you know that Pyo would be a popular character among fans?

Not really. All I did was act according to the cues and tips provided by the writer. What I said is 99 percent from the script. I think anyone playing the role would have been able to bring out the characteristics of Pyo Chi-su that they saw in the show.

What was it like to act alongside Son?

Son is great - she is really caring in person, but once the filming starts, she turns into Yoon Se-ri immediately. So it wasn’t hard to be mean to her while acting (laughs). Everyone can tell, when Son is acting, you know you’re watching a top star.

Are you as funny in real life as Pyo is?

Well, I wouldn’t say that Pyo says things to make people laugh. He is serious about what he’s saying, it’s just that people around him find that funny. As for myself, the moment I start speaking at hoesik [after-work dinners with co-workers], you can spot a number of people yawning.

Because Pyo is so engraved in people’s memories, are you concerned at all that it may pose a problem when you’re trying to get cast for another role?

I think I will need to play another role before people stop associating me with Pyo all the time. I’m ready for the challenge.

Actors for musicals and plays struggle in their early years, especially between different works. Was that the case for you?

There was a point when I had used up all of my savings from my career as an architect. There were days when I couldn’t make it to rehearsals because I didn’t have the money to pay for the bus or subway. I couldn’t believe the situation I was in.

You still don’t have an agency. Don’t you need one?

I have been receiving calls from various companies. But I’m taking my time to consider which one will be the best match. It’s not a decision to be made on a whim.

You’ve had a great start to 2020. What’s your next plan?

The attention I get through different roles is not my sole focus. What I want to do as an actor is to have adventures and challenge myself. My plan is to audition for some great roles.

BY KIM JIN-SEOK [chung.juhee@joongang.co.kr]

—————

https://www.soompi.com/article/1386690wpp/yang-kyung-won-describes-acting-with-crash-landing-on-you-co-stars-hyun-bin-and-son-ye-jin

Yang Kyung Won Describes Acting With “Crash Landing On You” Co-Stars Hyun Bin And Son Ye Jin

Mar 5, 2020
by L. Kim

D57340-C8-5813-4250-9540-38-FF163-C3-D95

Yang Kyung Won mentioned Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin on “Soo Mi’s Side Dishes”!

Yang Kyung Won acted in the drama “Crash Landing on You” with the two stars and received praise for his unique chemistry with them.

During the March 4 broadcast of the cooking show, Yang Kyung Won praised Hyun Bin’s good looks, saying, “Except for when we were acting, I couldn’t meet Hyun Bin’s eyes. Handsomeness just exudes from his entire body.”

Yang Kyung Won was asked how he could act like he hated Son Ye Jin when she is so beautiful. He responded that it was thanks to his poor eyesight, explaining that his blurry vision helped. He added, “Son Ye Jin came to set fully ready as Yoon Se Ri, so I was able to see her as Yoon Se Ri rather than Son Ye Jin. I was so grateful.”

son-ye-jin-yang-kyung-won-lee-shin-young

“Crash Landing on You” came to an end on February 16.

Source (1)

• Like 2
  • Love 1

so apparently, HB has always been popular since his younger days due to his good look, lol. Just like how Seri said that it's unfair that RJH had always been so good looking since young when she was browsing his diary, haha. 

https://www.koreaboo.com/stories/hyun-bin-childhood-friends-middle-high-school/

https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2020/02/05/alumni-from-hyun-bin-s-schools-revealed-what-the-actor-looked-like-back-in-his-school-days-328948

• Love 1

@Helena thanks for sharing! I honestly love Yang Kyung-won /chi soo’s story because he changed his careers, and at an older age as well, and followed his passions even though it’s a career that is probably very difficult and not an easy money-making job (Unless you’re already famous) compared to architecture. He has great talent, made Chi Soo a memorable character and I’m so proud of him. 

(I also studied architecture in my first year and transferred to education afterwards... now I’m my final year but I did do drama as my high school elective and loved it... so this story is super inspiring) :wub:

https://www.philstar.com/lifestyle/travel-and-tourism/2020/03/04/1998135/18-crash-landing-you-film-locations-crush-on

18 'Crash Landing On You' film locations to crush on

(Philstar.com) - March 4, 2020 - 6:20pm 

BC9A64E9-EC52-4E14-B694-FDA25DB06B11.jpg

Scene from 'Crash Landing On You' shot in Lake Lungern in Obwalden, Switzerland | 'Crash Landing On You' via TVN

MANILA, Philippines — Netflix's original series "Crash Landing On You" recently concluded as among Korea's most watched TV shows of all time.

For those who cannot get over Ri Jeong Hyeok and Yoon Se-ri’s forbidden love story, here are the stunning shoot locations that would enable you to relive the unlikely couple's best moments.

South Korea 

1. Hallasan National Park, Jeju Island

Kicking it off in the location where it all started. In the series, we see Yoon Se-ri crash landing in the North Korea DMZ (Demilitarized Zone) as a result of a paragliding accident. This iconic scene is actually set in the beautiful Hallasan National Park in Jeju Island, South Korea. It’s popular among tourists and tours and hikes are offered for tourists to enjoy. If you want to explore Hallasan National Park in Jeju Island yourself, you can take this tour on Klook.

E6A7C175-13BC-4D33-8C85-FCB6B3FAFC56.jpg

From left: Hallasan National Park in Jeju Island; Taean

2. Taean

The iconic North Korean village home to the ever-charming Captain Ri and the comedic village women is located three hours from Seoul and is open to the public.

According to Mee in Korea, the trip to this fictional North Korean village was a long one, but you’ll have access to Ri Jeong Hyeok’s home, the village laundry area, Young Ae’s home and the rest of the village. It’s actually as if you’re walking through the village set!

3. Commodore Hotel in Busan

Did anyone notice that every time our favorite characters visit Pyongyang, they only stay at this one particular hotel? Fortunately you, too, can book a stay here. 

The fictional Pyongyang hotel where Yoon Se-ri meets Gu Seung Joon coincidentally meet is actually the Commodore Hotel in Busan.

270A9A52-B241-439F-AD5C-1968F0127E1B.jpg

Scenes from 'Crash Landing On You' shot in Byeolmaro Observatory in Yeongwol (top, left);  Yeongjongdo Seonnyeo Bawi Beach in Incheon (bottom, left); Commodore Hotel in Busan (top, right) and Binae Island in Chungju (bottom, right).

4. Tangeum Lake Rainbow Bridge in Chengdu

Seo Dan and Gu Seung Joon’s chemistry made all our hearts flutter - especially in one particular scene: the confession scene. This uber-kilig scene was filmed at the Tangeum Lake Rainbow Bridge in Chengdu, South Korea overlooking a gorgeous view of the city - totally the perfect place for a romantic confession, don’t you think?

5.  Hantan River Sky Bridge in Pocheon

On one of their random strolls in South Korea, Ri Jeong Hyeok recalls a memory in Switzerland where he asks a seemingly troubled woman to take his and Seo Dan’s photo. Little did he know - he saved her life! This sweet conversion took place in Hantan River Sky Bridge just in Pochen, overlooking gorgeous landscapes as well.

6. Yeongjongdo Seonnyeo Bawi Beach in Incheon

In the show, both Cho Cheol Gang and Ri Jeong Hyeok sneak their way into South Korea through a secret underground tunnel that apparently takes anywhere from 12 to 24 hours to crawl through. Their first step on South Korean soil takes place at a beach, which we now know is Yeongjongdo Seonnyeo Bawi Beach in Incheon.

7. Binae Island in Chungju

Binae Island in Chunju actually happens to be a popular camping site among South Koreans, and it was where the cast filmed the sweet last picnic scene Yoon Se-ri shared with Captain Ri’s Company Five. 

8. Byeolmaro Observatory in Yeongwol

In the first episode of the series, Yoon Se-ri is set to test out a new product for Seri’s Choice by paragliding over a scenic landscape in Seoul. She kicks off her rollercoaster adventure at the Byeolmaro Observatory in Yeongwol, South Korea which is a hilltop planetarium that offers the most stunning views! 

Switzerland

0F8A4D2C-C620-48FB-998D-526A63A162EE.jpg
Scenes from 'Crash Landing On You' shot in Sigriswil Panorama Bridge (top, left); Lake Brienz, Isetwald (top, right) and First Flieger, Grindelwald (bottom)

9. Lake Brienz, Isetwald

Ri Jeong Hyeok’s sad, yet beautiful, piano scene was shot in the southern shores of Lake Brienz, Switzerland. This is in the small village of Iseltwald and the lake landing where the piano scene was filmed is in front of a private residence next to the port of Harbor Iseltwald.

10. Sigriswil Panorama Bridge

This attraction is definitely not for the faint of heart. In the series, Ri Jeong Hyeok and Seo Dan visit Sigriswil Panorama Bridge, among other top sites in the city, and as a woman (who just happened to be Yoon Se-ri) to take their photograph on the bridge.

11. First Flieger, Grindelwald

Ri Jeong Hyeok and Yoon Se-ri’s tearful reunion was filmed against the gorgeous landscapes of Grindelwald - and it made the entire scene ten times more beautiful! You can experience paragliding at First Flieger if you’d like to soar through the same stunning scapes. Just book this activity on Klook and you can try out 10 to 20 minutes of scenic paragliding fun.

12. Lake Lungern in Obwalden

One of the final scenes in the entire series shows our hero and heroine together at last in their home in Switzerland. You’d think a place this beautiful can’t possibly exist, but it does and you can visit it in Lake lungern, Obwalden. 

13. Victoria Jungfrau 

In the final episode, Yoon Se-ri attends an annual piano recital in Victoria Jungfrau, a castle-like accommodation, which is organized by Seri’s Choice and her family’s company. It is implied that this is also the event that brings her and Ri Jeong Hyeok together annually to Switzerland. 

325DE689-D61F-4380-B7C4-00FBF7068B8E.jpg
Scenes from 'Crash Landing On You' shot in First Flieger, Grindelwald (top, left); Lake Lungern in Obwalden (bottom, left) and Munsterbrucke (right)

14. Grandhotel Giessbach 

You’ll get a quick glimpse of the Grandhotel Giessbach in the series as it acts as the fictional music school Ri Jeong Hyeok attended before his military days.

Audiences can see more of this location in the scene where Seo Dan visits Ri Jeong Hyeok for the first time since their engagement. 

15. Kleine Schneidegg

Unfamiliar? Probably because you’ve skipped through it! The scene featuring Kleine Schneidegg can be found at the very end of episode 2 and shows the two protagonists in Switzerland watching paragliders side by side years before Yoon Se-ri crash landed in North Korea.

16. Munsterbrucke 

Audiences can see a number of iconic Switzerland attractions in the episode where Seo Dan visits Ri Jeong Hyeok for the first time, including Munsterbrucke. 

17. Lindenhof, Zurich

In one of Yoon Se-ri’s failed attempts to find Ri Jeong Hyeok in Switzerland, she walks through a quaint park in Lindenhof, Zurich and mistakes a pianist for Ri Jeong Hyeok.

Mongolia

151F3085-B46B-42F3-98CC-9400ED77A35E.jpg
Scenes from 'Crash Landing On You' shot in Ulaanbaatar | 'CLOY'/TVN

18. Ulaanbaatar 

In the series, Yoon Se-ri and Ri Jeong Hyeok embarked on a journey to Pyongyang by train, which ended up taking 13 to 16 hours. The pivotal scene where the two characters ended up spending the night in a field actually took place in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia.

The Pyongyang Station they arrived at was filmed in the same city as well!

• Like 2

Funny tweet about guys also getting addicted to CLOY!! The original post is in Indonesian language. I can understand part of it (cuz I'm from Malaysia).

1st tweet (in the embedded pictures of OP) said "he thinks those who watch kdrama are not productive, then he tried CLOY ep 1 and marathon watched up to ep 8. Now he's also not productive because he wants to know what happens next to Captain Ri"

2d tweet said, "I was anti kdrama, but got hit (addicted) to CLOY and watched it non-stop for 2 days. Now that he has finished season 1, his life feels empty. What is he gonna fill it up with next?"

3rd tweet said "Welcome! Once you come in (or start watching), it's very difficult to stop"

(Anyone here from Indonesia? Please correct if my translation is not accurate)

• Like 1

I was stalking the hashtag in Chinese so I found out that our beloved CLOY has become a meme everywhere in HK and Taiwan. Even some merchandise pages mentioned CLOY just to get attention.

In my country not only celebrities did they hooked to the show, but also a lot of guys like it as well. Even football geeks and political pages said and made memes about CLOY. It has such a cultural impact throughout Asia.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

On 3/4/2020 at 2:29 AM, J13 said:

Whoa I didn’t know Wikipedia had viewer rankings! CLOY fever is real and continuing B)

Agree that it’s hard to find another drama addiction now. Instead I’ve just been rewatching all of my favourite kdramas and cdramas again. I’ve found some of the newer dramas are intriguing but no way near in the sense like CLOY where I was desperately waiting for the next episode. Also agree on the comments re: DOTS. DOTS was a good drama but it didn’t hit the spot for me like CLOY did. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, CLOY is drama gold and magic. There's just something so captivating and special about this drama. I’m still not over it!

same here am not in the mood to watch a new drama these days after cloy wrapped up! likewise am thinking of rewatching some of my old dvd collection instead, perhaps when HB's new movie comes out then i'll be on the roll again :)

re DOTS mind you i only watched as far as epi 2 & didn't continue w/it, i dunno for some strange reason it didn't click on me as much as cloy did and my other fave chocolate drama!

anyway, we all remember JH's brod in cloy and here's what he's up to now fr hancinema, in this article the writer probably forgot to include his part in CLOY :(  - i actually started liking him in that drama The Legendary Witch, he's another cutie :)

Ha Seok-jin Offered a Role in "My Prettiest Days"

photo1160597.jpg

Will Ha Seok-jin co-star with Im Soo-hyang in "My Prettiest Days"?

C-JeS Entertainment announced on the 4th that Ha Seok-jin was reviewing an offer for the MBC drama "My Prettiest Days".

"My Prettiest Days" (directed by Oh Kyeong-hoon, written by Jo Hyeon-kyeong) is a healing drama carrying the message that everyone has a right to be happy.

Ha Seok-jin was offered the role of Seo-jin, Ye-ji's (Im Soo-hyang) husband and Korea's one and only rallyist who makes his own fortune.

Ha Seok-jin debuted in 2005 with a Korean Air commercial. He started acting in "Sad Love Story" and appeared in several dramas, such as "The Great Merchant", "Childless Comfort", "Shark", "She Gets Married Thrice", "The Legendary Witch", "Drinking Alone", "Radiant Office" and "Your House Helper".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

About NK reaction to the drama that was posted @TotoroSY... 

Let's say it's expected hahaha. 

They would never ever admit they like foreign contents, let alone ones from South Korea. No matter how 'normal' NK is depicted in the pictures. 

I even find it funny that they mentioned public outrage when they punish everyone who's watching foreign content with labor camp or execution... So who are actually watching CLOY or Ashfall? Government officials? Politburo members? Military officers? Kim family? Lol

On 3/5/2020 at 10:50 AM, Seoshi.love. said:

I'm rewatching CLOY now.. one thing I'm still curious about: when do you guys think RJH fell in love with YSR and vice versa?

I love these kinds of topics :D This was discussed before but from memory, I think it was centred more around when JH first fell for SR. I can’t remember what page and it would probably be hard to find now given this thread was moving so fast. I commented before too but feel like my opinion may have slightly changed now upon further consideration.

For JH, I think he first became interested in SR and saw her differently when he and SR jumped off the cliff together. This was the first time he held her close to him too. As for when he genuinely fell in love with her, I think it was when he knew SR gave him her blood after he was shot. There were definitely a lot of build up moments but this appears to be when he was willing to openly express it.

As for SR, I think she saw JH in a new light when he showed that he cared about the homeless boy and also when he rushed to the market to find her. I think she genuinely fell for JH though when he was shot shielding her.

This is one of those rare dramas where the relationship just progresses so well that I feel like I’ve actually watched two people fall in love. It’s going to take a while for me to get over this drama and it’s amazing cast!

• Like 2

Hello everyone.  This is the best place to seek solace when I miss Dooli and CLOY.  Always most comforting. 
Not sure if anyone has asked.  Does anyone know what are the criteria for a drama to be nominated for Baeksang?  Who decides who gets nominated?  Of course I am all for CLOY.  But I am concerned there are few new contenders this year for it with high ratings or rising ratings.  I even tried watching Itaewon and Hyena, to know the competitors.  :D However, I can hardly watch more than few episodes due to CLOY withdrawal syndrome, like some already shared.  What are the possible dramas that stand a chance of being nominated this year?  I was never this concerned nor bothered until now.   If CLOY gets nominated, I get to see Dooli together - my dream.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cswcraze said:

Hello everyone.  This is the best place to seek solace when I miss Dooli and CLOY.  Always most comforting. 
Not sure if anyone has asked.  Does anyone know what are the criteria for a drama to be nominated for Baeksang?  Who decides who gets nominated?  Of course I am all for CLOY.  But I am concerned there are few new contenders this year for it with high ratings or rising ratings.  I even tried watching Itaewon and Hyena, to know the competitors.  :D However, I can hardly watch more than few episodes due to CLOY withdrawal syndrome, like some already shared.  What are the possible dramas that stand a chance of being nominated this year?  I was never this concerned nor bothered until now.   If CLOY gets nominated, I get to see Dooli together - my dream.

I am not so familiar with how Baeksang nomination criteria is determined. I've seen very popular dramas that gets quite a lot of nomination, like Secret Garden, where HB even won Daesang for best actor. But I am not sure what was the competition that year. Agree that so far for 2019/ early 2020, there are quite a lot of high quality dramas with high ratings and even good acting. But I think at the very least, CLOY should get Most Popular Couple, Best Drama, Best Script nomination. As for best acting awards, Binjin couple might get nominated but I don't think it's guaranteed (I haven't watch enough kdramas during this 2019/ 2020 period to give a good guess). I think that some of the new actors may get Best New Actor nominations as there are many new debut actors in CLOY eg. the maknae of F4.

Anyone else wanna take a guess?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cswcraze said:

I tried to google what are the criterias for Baeksang nomination but didn't found any. Basing from the Baeksang website , TV programs broadcasted from April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020 can be nominated. For sure, there's a stiff competition this year: Crash Landing On You, When the Camelia Blooms, Arthdral Chronicles, Itaewon Class, Hotel Del Luna, Dr. Romatic 2, Chocolate, Stove League.. these are just some dramas to name a few. I haven't seen any of those dramas except only for CLOY. With much hope and positivity, I believe CLOY will be recognized by winning awards this year. Fighting!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, glayse said:

I tried to google what are the criterias for Baeksang nomination but didn't found any. Basing from the Baeksang website , TV programs broadcasted from April 1, 2019 to March 31, 2020 can be nominated. For sure, there's a stiff competition this year: Crash Landing On You, When the Camelia Blooms, Arthdral Chronicles, Itaewon Class, Hotel Del Luna, Dr. Romatic 2, Chocolate, Stove League.. these are just some dramas to name a few. I haven't seen any of those dramas except only for CLOY. With much hope and positivity, I believe CLOY will be recognized by winning awards this year. Fighting!

Thanks for the cut-off time info! Other more prominent dramas that falls within this time frame includes Vagabond,  My Country . Some are hits amongst younger group like Nokdu Flowers and Extraordinary You.

Here's the full list korean dramas for 2019

https://wiki.d-addicts.com/List_of_Dramas_aired_in_Korea_by_Network_in_2019

List of 2020 dramas so far :

https://wiki.d-addicts.com/List_of_Dramas_aired_in_Korea_by_Network_in_2020

I've watched Crash Landing On You, When the Camelia Blooms, Itaewon Class (still airing), Hotel Del Luna, Dr. Romantic 2, Stove League plus Search:WWW (good drama with female leads). Partially watched Nokdu Flowers.

I think the more prominent and top-of-mind ones are CLOY, When the Camelia Blooms, Itaewon Class, Hotel Del Luna. For Dr Romantic 2, not sure if it was nominated before in Season 1 and Stove League is a really good drama but a bit under the radar. 

Will be really interesting to see which drama and which actors/ actress and writer/ director get nominated for Baeksang!! Hope CLOY will get lots of nominations!!

44 minutes ago, cswcraze said:

@TotoroSYThink there is no Best Couple in Beaksang Award.  But if they get nominated for this Drama, or best actor / actress, I will be thrilled.

Ah you are right. Should be Most Popular Actor and Most Popular Actress award. But much prefer if HB and SYJ get nominated for Best Actor and Best Actress, and for CLOY to be nominated for Best Drama and Daesang (Grand Prize).

• Love 1
  • Insightful 1