[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

Hi all, I’m so happy to have found this group. Not sure if this has been raised yet,  I have a question- episode 16, happened in the first 20 minutes of CLOY- during the NIS briefing for prisoner exchange between the North and South. Has anyone noticed that the North requested to keep the prisoner exchange confidential for 5 years? So what does it mean after the 5 years have ended? Will his parents and Jeong Hyuk use the “kidnapping the rich South Korean heiress” excuse to justify his stay in South Korea and carry on as usual or Will Jeong Hyuk have no choice but to move out of North Korea and be with Se-ri? What will happen to his parents?

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

3 hours ago, Lynxie said:

Hi all, I’m so happy to have found this group. Not sure if this has been raised yet,  I have a question- episode 16, happened in the first 20 minutes of CLOY- during the NIS briefing for prisoner exchange between the North and South. Has anyone noticed that the North requested to keep the prisoner exchange confidential for 5 years? So what does it mean after the 5 years have ended? Will his parents and Jeong Hyuk use the “kidnapping the rich South Korean heiress” excuse to justify his stay in South Korea and carry on as usual or Will Jeong Hyuk have no choice but to move out of North Korea and be with Se-ri? What will happen to his parents?

Ya I noticed that 5 year confidential thing..I think RJH father had some plans so he can use these 5 years to prepare for a way through which RJH and SERI can be together forever..I think in yhese 5 years he will be retired and can leave the country for good with his family like defecting to south korea or citizenship of any other country...

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Pipp said:

DOes anyone have the original piano sheets of the Swiss lake piano scene? Can you share? 

I  think you  are  refering to  Sigriswil. I like  this song  a lot, its rythm seems like  North  European  songs like  Forever  ( by Stratoverius) or  All is Found ( Frozen II) .    I watched  some piano clip on Youtube but seems no-one uploaded piano sheet.   I  saw  many ppl  asked below  clip owner  about the  sheet, maybe you can join  with them . Good luck dear. 

by the way , I also love this  play :

Edited by Vanna
implement more info
  • Like 2
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, Pipp said:

DOes anyone have the original piano sheets of the Swiss lake piano scene? Can you share? 

You can find it at akbobada.com. (See here for direct link: http://www.akbobada.com/searchAll.html?searchKeyword=형을위한노래&searchFlag=10&searchSecod=&viewFlag=null&artistOrderBy=null&searchSelect=null&searchSelectName=null)

The site is fantastic. They don't usually have much in the way of background music, but OSTs that are sung, yes, they have many of those from Kdramas. There is a charge, but it's very cheap for sheet music. (1200 won, however that translates in your currency. It's around $1.34 USD.) If you do not speak Korea, they have a link to an English guide for using the site at the top of the page. 

Or, you could try googling the name in English or Korean (형을 위한 노래 from the drama "사랑의 불시착") and "sheet music" (or 아보) to see if anyone has sounded it out and made their own sheets. 

8 hours ago, Lynxie said:

This is an interesting thing to ponder. I suppose in most government systems, 5 years is the minimum number of years for a confidential file to remain in that classification because it is assumed that in 5 years, many things regarding security matters (especially in regards new ideas, policies and research) change to a point where it becomes irrelevant. Within that time, you also tend to see a change of personnel in a particular position. I used to work in the military and when I left, I was also given a letter telling me that within the 5 years of my leaving the service, I could not work for another foreign government and in any other field related to homeland security. After 5 years, I received an official letter of discharge. 

Presumably then, after 5 years, this incident will no longer be given a confidential classification in the NIS's files. That would just mean that anyone within the military would probably be able to access the file or discuss it openly without fear of implication simply because the facts of the case would no longer be "relevant" or current to have any kind of impact on the political agenda of the season. You expect that after 5 years, people would also have forgotten and it no longer becomes an important matter. At least rational governments would think that way. Not sure about NK in reality though. Perhaps like RJH's father has done, all those involved in the case would be wiped out such as the Military Director and in 5 years' time, no one that shouldn't be around would still be around. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Has anyone thought about the story RJH’s father gave as excuse for him going to SK, ie trying to lure Seri and her investments into NK? How did RJH tell the same story? He went to SK with his father’s knowledge and so that was the story they agreed on? But then why send the F5 after him if it was a pre-meditated story?

• Insightful 2

15 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

Has anyone thought about the story RJH’s father gave as excuse for him going to SK, ie trying to lure Seri and her investments into NK? How did RJH tell the same story? He went to SK with his father’s knowledge and so that was the story they agreed on? But then why send the F5 after him if it was a pre-meditated story?

May be to make sure he doesn't  defect and settle down in sk or more feasible is to assist him in his mission in capturing csk,and also to make sure rjh safety

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MOONCHILD BTS said:

May be to make sure he doesn't  defect and settle down in sk or more feasible is to assist him in his mission in capturing csk,and also to make sure rjh safety

Yeah, but how did father and son have the same story?

Just saw this post on Facebook :

I've just noticed that there were cut scenes for CLOY on Netflix. I was rewatching on my phone and realised the tvN version had a longer scene for the time when Hyun Bin was detained by State Security and the F4 were there to help him. Another excuse to rewatch again!

Gosh!! Is this really true? I've always thot that Netflix plays the same episodes as TVN, except for some of the background music as I read that Netflix may not be able to use some of the BGM due to copyright issue (eg. Stairways to Heaven music was in the Ep 1 scene of F4 kdrama fan watching the drama, and also the scene where he met Choi Ji Woo, but in Netflix it was a different music). 

Now looks like I need to rewatch the TVN version via Kissasian or Dramacool!!  Good excuse for 3rd rewatch!

• Like 1
  • Insightful 2

1 hour ago, TotoroSY said:

Just saw this post on Facebook :

I've just noticed that there were cut scenes for CLOY on Netflix. I was rewatching on my phone and realised the tvN version had a longer scene for the time when Hyun Bin was detained by State Security and the F4 were there to help him. Another excuse to rewatch again!

Gosh!! Is this really true? I've always thot that Netflix plays the same episodes as TVN, except for some of the background music as I read that Netflix may not be able to use some of the BGM due to copyright issue (eg. Stairways to Heaven music was in the Ep 1 scene of F4 kdrama fan watching the drama, and also the scene where he met Choi Ji Woo, but in Netflix it was a different music). 

Now looks like I need to rewatch the TVN version via Kissasian or Dramacool!!  Good excuse for 3rd rewatch!

Yes, some scenes were cut (short). I can't really point out all differences but every now and then I would suddenly remember some bits from the TvN version which weren't shown in the Netflix version. The scene with CJW was most notably different in both versions - it goes without saying that the original OST really added flavour to the scene while the Netflix version was lacking in this regard.

• Insightful 2

I really like how this thread is around for new viewers of the drama because some truly really thoughtful posts were written during the run of this drama by people on this forum... time permitting, I really think new viewers can enjoy CLOY on a deeper level by back reading!  I wish I had done that for DOTS and Goblin which I thoroughly enjoyed.

Many of you posted about HB's best performance - I agree with the scene after SR said "I love you" (he thinks she's dead) plus the hospital reunion scene.  But I think I am most impressed by episode 16's separation scene, in particular if you watch the Swoon's clip of it at 1:41 right before he says "nothing will happen" - the pain in my heart was so real when I watched this because I felt his pain, holding in those tears must have been so hard but it was required for RJH's character (he can't break down in front of SR; he's supposed to be strong and reassuring) and I think HB did such a wonderful job controlling his emotions in that scene.

If any of the OST singers, in particular IU and Sejeong, sing their song live, could people post them here?  I'm waiting for televised live performances... :wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 4

On 3/13/2020 at 11:20 AM, cswcraze said:

If you FORCE me to choose one defining acting for RJH in CLOY (and it took me a day to conclude), I choose this hospital scene.  I felt the quantum of love he has for Seri.  I wished I could wipe his tears for him.  

1 hour ago, blue_fleurs said:

But I think I am most impressed by episode 16's separation scene, in particular if you watch the Swoon's clip of it at 1:41 right before he says "nothing will happen" - the pain in my heart was so real when I watched this because I felt his pain, holding in those tears must have been so hard but it was required for RJH's character (he can't break down in front of SR; he's supposed to be strong and reassuring) and I think HB did such a wonderful job controlling his emotions in that scene.

Yees, both HB and SY did very wonderful job in potraying RJH & YSR. :heart::thumbsup:

All of us cried while they are crying, feeling in pain when they're in pain. It is very difficult to choose the best one for me that's why i add more gif pictures in BONUS hidden contents because at the end i appreciate all scenes from HB.  LOL! The same with SYJ! :D:wub:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

A new article on CLOY with good insights!

https://www.nknews.org/2020/03/crash-landing-on-you-the-inter-korean-love-story-touching-a-chord-in-the-south/?t=1584336472985

Unfortunately, just realise you need to subscribe to the NKNews site to read the full article. But there's some summary in the tweet replies above.

• Love 1
  • Thanks 1

One of my favorite scene in CLOY. It's really nice to see how the parents in CLOY are all supportive and protect their children - from JH's mom and dad, to SD's mom and SR's mom (towards the end).

HB/ JH's crying expression here makes him look like a little boy! Very nice touch since he's crying in front of his dad.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2

Applause to all Cloy team members. This drama is so perfectly executed. The story is so beautiful. Both SYJ and HB are complimenting each other. She makes him look so good and he makes her look so beautiful. Watching the last scene is like a prewedding video. Ha ha ha music and songs and scenery Oh my gosh. It is my dream. It makes me feel in love again.  

P.S. last kiss was SWOON. I think that this drama shows that no need for super duper kissing can also make the higher result. 

• Like 4
  • Love 5

So the scene where RJH gives the birthday gift of couple rings, do you think this was added just for the viewers and to add more romance in? Only the couple didn't have the rings on when they reunited in Switzerland. 

Also did anyone get to the bottom of why some of the actors were holding twins in some of the pictures? Would have been great to have had the happily married and children scenes. 

• Like 1