[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

2 hours ago, cswcraze said:

@TotoroSYThink there is no Best Couple in Beaksang Award.  But if they get nominated for this Drama, or best actor / actress, I will be thrilled.
@glayseI least I know the cutoff timeline now.  :thumbsup:

Yes, for Baeksang there is no fan service awards like Best Couple or Best kiss. As Baeksang is all about quality. 

HB and SYJ has the tendency to be nominated as Best Actor/Actress. 

For Best drama it is a bit tough because this past 3 years, winners are in the 'slice of life' category. Stove League and When Camelia Blooms could be the rival for CLOY.  Let's hope for the best. Let's hope the unique storyline will give extra marks for CLOY. 

@TotoroSY Stove League is a popular drama. It gets constant high ratings as early as episode 3! Koreans love that drama so much and I can tell it's a good one though I only watched bits by bits on TV. So to me SL is a likely candidate for Baeksang. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, TotoroSY said:

I think the more prominent and top-of-mind ones are CLOY, When the Camelia Blooms, Itaewon Class, Hotel Del Luna. For Dr Romantic 2, not sure if it was nominated before in Season 1 and Stove League is a really good drama but a bit under the radar. 

There are 5 nomination spots.  Why am I so worried when to me, CLOY is one of the best I have watched?  Maybe top rating and top of many others may not guarantee it will meet the criteria of Daeksang.  
@liltash85Best actor and actress is what I am eyeing too.

• Like 2

Son Ye Jin deserves to win Daesang for her acting!! It is so believeanle especially when she cries omg noone can cry as good as her.  

it is so hard for me watching other drama when i set my bar as high as son ye jin for acting capabilities. 

cross finger they will get some awards!! 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Trying my best to move on but I can't.

So I will share the scene which made me cry madly.

When she was trying to convince him (and herself) that there could be nothing between them/there was nothing between them and she would be married to SJ.

hZYBjt.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

^^

Yes. Am also hoping Ye Jin wins Daesang. Or HB. Out of all the possible dramas for nomination for Baeksang- Daesang, I think it's gonna be a battle between the leads of CLOY, Camellia or Stove League. 

I personally love Dr. Romantic 2 as well but am not sure if someone will bag the daesang from the cast because there are "several" stories nd characters in the drama. Just my opinion.

When's the awards btw? Will Itaewon Class be included in the list? If yes, then it's another stiff competition.

But am really really really hoping YeJin wins it. And CLOY wins many awards. :wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Hi fellow Cloy fans, it's my first time to post here after lurking for about a week or 2. I don't really watch Kdrama but Cloy piqued my interest and boy was I in for a really pleasant surprise! I super love it and still can't get over it!!! I love the characters of LJH and YSR,! Hyun Bin and Son Ye Jin portrayed them so perfectly! Kudos also to the cast, director, writer and staff of the show! 

I don't know if it's just me but when LJH played the "Song for Brother" in Cloy it reminded me so much of the piano piece played by Katharine Hepburn in the movie Love Affair (1994 version) which by the way is also an awesome movie. Felt the same melancholy vibe while listening to it.

I would love to see them receive numerous awards! Congratulations again, Cloy!!! Missing you all very much!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, liltash85 said:

Yes, for Baeksang there is no fan service awards like Best Couple or Best kiss. As Baeksang is all about quality. 

HB and SYJ has the tendency to be nominated as Best Actor/Actress. 

For Best drama it is a bit tough because this past 3 years, winners are in the 'slice of life' category. Stove League and When Camelia Blooms could be the rival for CLOY.  Let's hope for the best. Let's hope the unique storyline will give extra marks for CLOY. 

@TotoroSY Stove League is a popular drama. It gets constant high ratings as early as episode 3! Koreans love that drama so much and I can tell it's a good one though I only watched bits by bits on TV. So to me SL is a likely candidate for Baeksang. 

I really do hope HB and SYJ can be nominated for Best Actor and Best Actress. Just didn't want to raise my hope too high since competition is quite stiff. Good observation on previous best drama candidates. I haven't seen other slice of life type of dramas besides Stove League and When Camelia Blooms. Itaewon Class might be a candidate too, I think. But CLOY has a pretty unique storyline with it's NK scenario, but being a rom.com might be a disadvantage for Best Drama nom.

Yes, I've watched Stove League and it's really an excellent drama - it's a behind the scene of baseball management and preparation for next season, and very well-written. I also know the ratings were pretty strong - thinking back, the popularity ratings were quite high too for both the drama and it's lead actor Nam Gong Min. Just a little overshadowed by CLOY in hot topics.

4 hours ago, cswcraze said:

There are 5 nomination spots.  Why am I so worried when to me, CLOY is one of the best I have watched?  Maybe top rating and top of many others may not guarantee it will meet the criteria of Daeksang.  
@liltash85Best actor and actress is what I am eyeing too.

I think all of us really wish the best the for CLOY in the Baeksang nomination, but also try to not over-expect so as not to be disappointed later. Still hoping for lots of nominations for CLOY!

2 hours ago, Cindy Tjioe said:

Son Ye Jin deserves to win Daesang for her acting!! It is so believeanle especially when she cries omg noone can cry as good as her.  
it is so hard for me watching other drama when i set my bar as high as son ye jin for acting capabilities. 

cross finger they will get some awards!! 

1 hour ago, strongtower said:

^^

Yes. Am also hoping Ye Jin wins Daesang. Or HB. Out of all the possible dramas for nomination for Baeksang- Daesang, I think it's gonna be a battle between the leads of CLOY, Camellia or Stove League. 

I personally love Dr. Romantic 2 as well but am not sure if someone will bag the daesang from the cast because there are "several" stories nd characters in the drama. Just my opinion.

When's the awards btw? Will Itaewon Class be included in the list? If yes, then it's another stiff competition.

But am really really really hoping YeJin wins it. And CLOY wins many awards. :wub:

There might actually be a possibility cuz SYJ was really outstanding as SR! And since HB has won Daesang for Secret Garden, it means Baeksang is open to award it to rom.com leads too. But I think Daesang can also go to a drama or scriptwriter right? So let's wait and see what happens when the nomination is announced.

Han Suk Kyu in Dr Romantic 2 was also excellent and may be nominated again for Best Actor. I think Dr Romantic 1 was nominated for Daesang in 2017 but did not win. 

And yes, I think Itaewon Class will be qualify for Baeksang this year since it will end by March 21.

• Insightful 1

In my own dreamlike world,

I would love Son Ye Jin to win daesang. I felt like she acted so powerfully and expressed with her eyes so well through different genres (comedy, melodrama, romance...) killed it in her dialogue. Also she played the character believably as she transitioned back to her normal life in SK. (From goofy, resourceful woman in NK seeking to survive through her wits, to a woman who matures and is heart broken but is healing, preparing herself to let go or to remember, but or to go through the cycle again)
Key scenes: the farewell in ep 16. I loved ep 8’s scene where she tries to push RH away in the snow, soliloquy at the hospital bed of Ri

Spoiler

if Hyun Bin wins or is nominated for an award, he will be noticed by his new role he played authentically. Needing to learn the NK language and accent, becoming someone who is *not an arrogant CEO/rich man* XD (HB fans would know this joke), requiring to change his physique, his piano skills he had to brush up and his action sequences and stunts! (I was very amazed by them - who would’ve thought joo won from secret garden could fight like that right?). Also him successfully portraying 2 personalities in one - the innocence of a child and nobility of a captain. Oh and his many great crying scenes and withholding those tears in his eyes. And the redness that comes from it. (Same with SYJ)

Although I absolutely loved them two together, I enjoyed the character development from Seri more than Ri. 

I wished Ri was a bit more level headed in SK as he was before he fell in love, which was one of his special traits. I couldn’t really see his character development as clearly as Seri’s. But I loved how he redeemed himself in the finale through his hope to meet her in Switzerland and the text messages. I guess this points back to the writing.

for notable new actors/supporting characters that I would like to win awards especially for:

- Manbok. strong character arc.

yes I love chi soo, our parasite uncle and mum, and the rest of the comrades and ahjummas...and the second lead characters improved as the show went on...

but who really wowed me when I saw him on screen was Manbok.

especially when he finally confessed to Ri and broke down. Then I just fell in love with how he fit in to SK from ep 11 onwards.

side note: I’m hoping CLOY won’t be affected by their controversial plot that award ceremonies would overlook the series’ achievements in order to stay safe. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, gilaswan said:

Re-watching episode 6. Actually, what made RJH suspect that Seri’s attempt to leave for the airport would be hijacked? 

My theory, he realized that he’s being bugged. He noticed The Rat’s map when he picked up the youngest duckling (if I am not mistaken, the title is Transcript). So, (I guess) he just withdrew a conclusion from it. 

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

CLoY set the bar too damn high. Just finished watching the other drama that's been heavily compared to cloy and wow, i literally dragged myself to watch the episodes. Sorry if there are any fans here. Decided to give it a chance since it's really hyped. Plot wise, it has all the makings of something that i'd really enjoy. The couple just wasn't working for me, and the FL acting was meh. I'm not sure if this is against the rules, i didnt put the name so I guess thats okay? :joy:

This is the first kdrama i've ever watched and I don't think anything can top this to be honest. 

I hope they factor in the impact this show has around the globe when they decide for the best drama/daesang award. What other show has BBC articles written about them?? 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Hi all,

I had a question about the time line of the drama if someone knows the answer. If I recall correctly, Seri says the first time Seri goes to Switzerland, she heard the piano as she was standing on that ferry and that's what "saved her". RJH states that same day he was leaving Switzerland bc of his brother's death. So how is it possible they had so many encounters in Switzerland? It seems like the encounters that included Dan were from another date bc they're in diff clothing. 

On 3/5/2020 at 5:59 PM, veespn said:

In my country not only celebrities did they hooked to the show, but also a lot of guys like it as well. Even football geeks and political pages said and made memes about CLOY. It has such a cultural impact throughout Asia.

Oh wowww ..feels really nice.I hope its popularity keeps on increasing  and it maintains its status as a classic Kdrama for many years to come.

2 hours ago, pinheadlarryx said:

Hi all,

I had a question about the time line of the drama if someone knows the answer. If I recall correctly, Seri says the first time Seri goes to Switzerland, she heard the piano as she was standing on that ferry and that's what "saved her". RJH states that same day he was leaving Switzerland bc of his brother's death. So how is it possible they had so many encounters in Switzerland? It seems like the encounters that included Dan were from another date bc they're in diff clothing. 

JH brother died 7 years back and he was already engaged at that time cause Dan's mother once said they should hurry up with the marriage arrangements as 7 years of mourning period is enough. My theory is that Se-ri went to Switzerland for euthanasia but after being advised to explore the beautiful country she stayed there for some time.During this time Dan had come to meet JH .And as said in episode 13 that JH would bunk off his classes and go for sightseeing and clicking pictures.They might have had those encounters at that time, be it the paragliding or the Sigriswil bridge scene.And when his brother died Se-ri was still in Switzerland.Don't know about Dan though but she must have left earlier as JH was about to leave alone .Moreover  Dan had gone to Switzerland to know him and not stay for a much longer time given that she was still studying in Russia.So during that short period of time many eventful things happened in JH's life.Hope it clears your doubt.

• Like 1

On 3/4/2020 at 6:50 PM, Seoshi.love. said:

I'm rewatching CLOY now.. one thing I'm still curious about: when do you guys think RJH fell in love with YSR and vice versa?

Waaaaa it’s been so long, still not over it! Anyway this is an interesting question thank you! Hmm so RJH kind of officially expressed it in ep 7 when he was at the hospital right but for me he actually developed feelings like way before! And especially on hindsight when he revealed to his dad why he chose to not report her to the State Dept, showed that he developed a soft spot for her since the start. This was followed by him getting all those stuff for her, very thoughtful but that was probably just his nature! But the obvious part is when he got jealous at the prize presentation, like umm if you had no feelings whatsoever whats with the reaction AND!! The finger hearts! Like that was soooo obvious (and too adorable!!) Then when he got so worried when the ahjummas told him they lost her and when he showed up with the scented candle like hellooooo.. who could blame YSR for the heart flutters. But it was at the hospital he was waken up by his feelings and then it only got stronger then on.

As for YSR, think it was the scented candle moment! But it was probably when RJH took the bullet for her, is when she knew that he felt the same way too.

ahhhh seriously, I’m not saying that I am biased but I am biased... these two are the best pairing ever. I’ve also read somewhere about some saying HB showed better acting or it was SYJ, guess to each his own, their own opinions but to me, they were both phenomenal in their portrayals of RJH and YSR respectively, I wouldnt be able to say who was better necessarily and that if I had to add another comment, it was that they brought out the best of each other :wub:

• Like 5

I’m loving these post-show discussions. It’s like having a book club, but for a drama where we carry on the discussions with greater insights after completing the entire story and reviewing parts of it with detail. 

This “when did he fall in love” question never grows old with me. Hahaha... As far as the Netflix subs go, Seri had always referred to his gazes as those of “having a crush”. I think we all agree that from the first encounter, he found her fascinating. Later on, he tells her in S Korea on the bridge that the girl he met in Switzerland was totally “his type”. So he’s certainly consistent there! He was also however naturally suspicious at the gate at his house when he wondered if he ought to kill her. He’s an elite NK soldier, no doubt trained to think that way for at least 6 years. Nevertheless, her apparent erratic and neurotic behaviour totally intrigued him, and when she broke down in front of him and told of her fears and disorientation, I believe that’s when his heart softened towards her. By the time they were in Pyongyang to take the photos, he was definitely more than having a crush on her. She had become a memory that he wanted to cherish (he kept her photo). And as everyone agrees, by the hospital it was hook, line and sinker for him. 

Question now is, what about Seri?

• Like 3

On 3/5/2020 at 7:50 AM, Seoshi.love. said:

I'm rewatching CLOY now.. one thing I'm still curious about: when do you guys think RJH fell in love with YSR and vice versa?

@itspeanutbutterjellytimeTotally agree with your thoughts.  I would like to add that I believe RJH fell in love with Seri over and over again.  Right from their first encounter at Sigriswil Bridge and I think that made Seri his first love, the woman he could not give a name when asked at the fireplace at school.  He again found her cute when she crashed landed to his space and as confessed, he could not send her to State Department because Seri may not be safe.  So, consistently from both first sights, Seri is his style.  RJH's choice.

I must add that both has equal trust with each other from the start.  RJH being single all life, so naturally turned Seri around and Seri allowed a stranger to tie her messy hair.  They jumped parachute together holding on tight to one another thought they just met few days ago.  Poor Dan, waited for 10 years and did not even get 1/50 of the closeness.

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

12 hours ago, TotoroSY said:

And yes, I think Itaewon Class will be qualify for Baeksang this year since it will end by March 21.

The rating can only go higher, since everyone will be staying home due to the outbreak. :(  Sorry if I offend Itaewon's fans.

• Sad 1

51 minutes ago, cswcraze said:

Poor Dan, waited for 10 years and did not even get 1/50 of the closeness.

Looool about Seo Dan, you’re so right she was never going to have a chance. I always thought it was weird from the get go, remember when RJH and SR found her waiting outside his house and for two people who have been engaged for what years and then finally meeting, that moment was sooo underwhelming. To add to that, RJH actually held SR’s arms when she said she better go home and he pulled her away and said where else would you go. Like dude, why do you have to pull away your “co-worker” while leaving your fiancee stand on the side whom you barely even said hello too, more of like a what are you doing here reaction even. For a few seconds, I felt offended for SD but I got over it because it only showed how much RJH actually cared for SR more than he ever could for SD. That girl took way too long to realise that she had to let him go.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

8 minutes ago, itspeanutbutterjellytime said:

To add to that, RJH actually held SR’s arms when she said she better go home and he pulled her away and said where else would you go.

LOL ...  and making it worse, going into her fiancee's home!!  At that time, Seo Dan had not even stepped into the house before.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

I really enjoy reliving these wonderful scenes of CLOY with you all. I'm having withdrawals and can't even go back to rewatch the drama because it'll make me sad too, knowing that it already ended and I want more but can't have more. I need fanfics, real life news of BinJIn couple, more meetings between the two leads to help me with this withdrawal!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1