[Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절

0ly40

I don't remember who, first, used the name, Goof Troop.   I just picked up the name from that comment and started using it. Thank you to the person who, so aptly, named them. 

It's refreshing to see villains that don't succeed, and don't even know they are failures.  Gee, into what category do we place villains who fail at being villains?  Villain wannabes? :P

I hope the actors, with their antics, are having as much fun as we.  Thank you to whoever did the gif of the mother threatening the son, with her fist.  Although it may be priceless, it still doesn't beat out my favorite, "What's that?" scene.  That one is truly priceless ! 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/12/2019 at 10:48 PM, 10192123sangre said:

Right from the beginning Duk Shil was already selfish. She knew that Kim Yoo Wol/Oh Tae Yang was yearning for someone else. He was drunk. She brought him home he was saying Shi Wol's name. In his drunken state he thought of her as Shi Wol. Instead of stopping his advances she willingly submitted to him.  And the result is she got pregnant. She even tried to run away from home. In truth Kim Yoo Wol/Oh Tae Yang married her only for the reason that she was pregnant. 

No wonder Set Byul had to die because she was never a part of the destiny/fate between Shi Wol and Yoo Wol/Tae Yang.

It is really sad when children are used as an excuse to get what one wants. So selfish.

This is also the same case with Choi Kang Il. He is using Ji Min to keep Shi Wol by his side.

This is exactly my view on DS. She would never be happy with YW/TY because she used underhanded and selfish means to get what she wanted. I fully agree that DS knew he was longing for and pinning for his ex. DS wanted to remove the woman from his heart and when he told her he would not be able to like her she used a different way to get him thinking that once she had him married and with a child it would change his heart. It is the worst mistake a woman could make. If a man tells you that he will never LIKE you then you should let go of your feelings. All you are doing is setting yourself up for is disappointment , pain and resentment.  DS took the opportunity when TY was drunk to sleep with him knowing that he would never have touched her if he was sober. She compounded this by using that child to trap him and its why the child died. DS used the wrong method to catch YW. You do not get to be happy when you underhandedly tricked someone into being with you. As noted above it was never her fate to be with YW but she tried to change fate and it slapped her in the face. The loss of her child is only part of it. The next is going to be loosing YW when the truth comes out.

Instead of waking up to the fact that she was never going gain his love and realize she made a mistake she is eaten up by jealousy and resentment because she could never get that man to love her or want her. Also SW had his son and she lost her own. Its not SW's fault that she lost her child but its not for her to want to take the man's child out of spite and jealousy either. The biggest blow she will be dealt is to learn what her mom was a part of.  The true fear comes in knowing that once he finds out she will forever loose him and he will hate her and her mother. She can never expect that YW would ever love her after he learns that his mother in law was part of why his life was changed and he missed years with his own birth mom. 

CK is the same way. He fell for SW and uses the boy to keep her by his side even when he knows that a. she never loved him and never will and b. the true heir and blood of that family was done so wrong by his father and replaced and almost murdered. Both of these selfish and obsessed people will have to pay for what their parents did and for their own actions before they are made to wake up to the fact that YW nor SW were destined for either of them. It was their own one sided and selfish love that create their own heartbreak and bad deeds. 

@yamiyugi    Remember that drama where the female leads father had cancer (then he didn’t then he actually did) can’t seem to recall said dramas name at the moment. Over there the main leads Aunt and her family did the same thing. All the people that they had handed out those shares were people that they compensated by taking in their children and sending them to school (those kids had mental issues ie autism or something like that not the crazy type) in their gratitude these parents gladly kept the aunts families shares safe.

I think you are referring to  the kdrama "My Golden Life".

In what episode did Oh Tae Yang/Kim Yoo Wol tell Shi Wol about Im Mi Ran being the birth mother of Choi Kwng Il? I failed to catch that  scene.

I have to rewatch it.

5 hours ago, 10192123sangre said:

I think you are referring to  the kdrama "My Golden Life".

@10192123sangre Yes that is indeed the name of that drama. Thankyou for reminding me of it. as to your next question

5 hours ago, 10192123sangre said:

In what episode did Oh Tae Yang/Kim Yoo Wol tell Shi Wol about Im Mi Ran being the birth mother of Choi Kwng Il? I failed to catch that  scene.

I have to rewatch it.

You missed nothing as there is no scene watch. If it happened it was off screen. It was an assumption on my part and if I am wrong then I want to apologize. But if you think about it she knows the truth of  the matter that Kwang Ill was switched by his parents so even if he were to inform her that his MiL was the one that switched him she would have figured out who she was. But the real reason I assume that he revealed this fact to her was in one of their meetings. I really can't remember which episode these things happen due to my poor memory (clearly after he discovered the truth) she returns home. At that point Kwang Ill tells her something to that she questions him if he wasn't interested in knowing about his birth mother. To this he responded that the only mother that he acknowledges is Jung Hee. So I simply assumed that during this time Mr. Sun probably told her that his MiL was involved in swapping him. otherwise I find the timing of her question just a bit weird. After all she had numerous times prior to this to bring up this question yet she never did.

Infact previously when he discovered his birth secret she tried to bring up the topic of what Kwang Ill would do if the real son ever showed up. He told her that couldn't happen because of what he was told by his father etc.. So if we go by the following routine by Shi Wol it would have made sense that she would have brought up this point earlier yet she never did so we have to ask why that is. 

Again like I mentioned this is based on my assumptions so I could clearly be wrong. 

Since I am busy at work will be ending this post here for the time being and continue when I am free. so till then take care all of you and keep posting.

On 9/10/2019 at 12:46 PM, joan0528 said:

@UnniSarah @dramaninja dont get me wrong chingu, im not defending KI only in ep68 i feel his fatherly love towards jimin but actually KI also has fault what was happening now, if he didnot hold on to SW and after the merger he let go of both jimin and SW nothing like this happen..even though Jimin custody was on SW he was still his father and jimin will not angry with him but because of his poor decision he lost everything...

:mrgreen: you are apologizing for defending KI even for five minutes,

then I really have to apologize for months lol 

actually I could have just gone along with everyone here but really my conscience is aching me. I feel that KI is subjected to too much injustice,

by the way, I found many comments on YouTube agreeing with me now, and feeling sorry for KI too  :D  but they are even more extreme than me. At least I want KI to divorce SW and start a new life, because he deserves to be happy too, and it is clear that SW doesn't love him, so the best he can do is remarry and have a good life, but after making amends with Junghee, because for me really I want to see them as mother and son again.

just a simple question, do you really think that DS could control her desire for TY when he mistook her for SW?? I really somehow think it difficult, because if she feels she really wanted him, it would be difficult for her to resist him. (not defending her, but I have a feeling that it is difficult to resist a man she liked when he gave in, even if he was drunk, like @jayakris said, she didn't force him, or anything). I think it is hormones :D   We are not living in a Utopia, where human beings can be sublime and control their instincts lol

My problem with DS is that she insists on keeping the marriage after Seatbyol died, because Seatbyol was the only reason for the marriage in the first place. Now she should divorce TY because he doesn't love her

I know you are mad at DS mainly because she prevented SW from telling TY about Jimin, but you have to remember that the writer initially wrote the script this way, because she wanted SW and TY to be apart

23 hours ago, O said:

If memory serves, SW planned on telling TY about JM.  She told her friend that she knew she could lose JM but thought it was best for his father to reclaim his rightful place.  She planned on divorcing KI and being alone.  She changed her mind when TY said he was getting married.  She said no way she was going to let JM be raised by a step-mom.  In one of the earlier episodes, SW and TY talked about their childhood growing up in foster\adopted homes. 

@O I was getting the vibe she did not have a good experience with step-mom. SHe has repeated this particular phrase ' She won't let Jimin be raised by a step-mom. Thanks for the background on Shi Wol.

I think even now, Shi Wol isn't sure if she will end up with OTY. There will be some family members who may be against them being together. Jung Hee will be go ahead, she is truly a softie. She has a big heart but her family were never truly sincere. I believe Min Jae is sincere to her because he is the only one who insisted to let her know the truth. 

2 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

just a simple question, do you really think that DS could control her desire for TY when he mistook her for SW?

@nohamahamoud2002  THat is a mood killer, no matter how horney you are. I hope that word is okay. He held her hand, then called out SHi Wol's name.What desire can there be????  SHe had full control of herself, OTY  thought he was sleeping with SHi Wol , so his hormones were all over the place. If he was kissing her and all that, still calling out another woman's name is a Mood Killer. Can you imagine, someone saying another woman's name while you are kissing them. I would have been pissed and hurt. THat is painful and I would take a BIG Hint he isn't interested in me. 

2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:
5 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

@nohamahamoud2002  THat is a mood killer, no matter how horney you are. I hope that word is okay. He held her hand, then called out SHi Wol's name.What desire can there be????  SHe had full control of herself, OTY  thought he was sleeping with SHi Wol , so his hormones were all over the place. If he was kissing her and all that, still calling out another woman's name is a Mood Killer. Can you imagine, someone saying another woman's name while you are kissing them. I would have been pissed and hurt. THat is painful and I would take a BIG Hint he isn't interested in me

Well DS is thick-skinned. She doesn't mind even he doesn't love her back. What I meant by desire is her own desire not TY's. she wanted him. 

By the way there are many women like DS out there. She is just one of them.

You always use idioms lol. I am not a native speaker of English so I always search your terms  :D

really I hope we agree next drama. I can never win over you, despite my sympathy towards KI       :mrgreen:

I am usually very timid and never say my opinion but somehow I found myelf here

anyway I just want to thank everyone responding, replying to, quoting or reading my posts. 

and I apologize if I offended anyone but again I always feel sorry for the second lead actors/roles because many viewers dislike them :(

28 minutes ago, lu09 said:

Ohh no she didn't!!!!!:rage::triumph:. She screamed at JM in the preview. Thank god TY is there at the end but that poor kid better get the hell of that house. 

@lu09 @joan0528 @dramaninja I am not surprised her attitude would change so quickly. She is happy only if Jimin hats his mother. DS is very stupid because she is also someone’s child and she forgave her mom for the death of Set Byul , so why is it a surprise Jimin would also still love his mom side dishes. Smh smh smh  As long as Shi Wol losses her child she is happy. She said it it is way to hard for her . She is upset that her child died but SW’s kid is alive and well. She is very vindictive and selfish. 

4 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Preview I see the  TY stupid MIL still working for that dude real nice have not learn one single lesson.

http://program.kbs.co.kr/2tv/drama/aplaceinthesun/pc/board.html?smenu=9725de&bbs_loc=T2019-0122-01-130845,read,,71,797115

Here is the Ep72 blurb - 정희는 광일에게 유전자 검사를 하자고 하는데... 당황하는 광일과 태준. 태준은 미란으로부터 태양의 머리카락을 얻어 정희와 유전자 검사를 하고, 숙희네를 장회장의 병실에서 쫓아낸다. 한편, 덕실은 엄마가 해준 반찬을 달라는 지민을 윽박지르고, 태양이 그 모습을 보게 되는데....

Translation: JH tells KI that they should go ahead and do a DNA test... KI and CTJ in panic. CTJ gets MR's help to get TY's hair strands, gets a DNA test done with JH, and kicks out the JH family from the hospital room. Meanwhile, as DS bullies JM who asks for his mom's side dishes, TY ends up witnessing that.

No more details than what @joan0528 said above, and it does look like the next episode will be complicated like she said. The question is - does JH get a hang of what happened here, that the hair strand was switched with TY's by CTJ and MR, or does she start doubting what she knows about KI's not being her son?...  I hope not!  I assume that she is going along with the DNA test to fool CTJ and the goof troop for the time being into believing that she doesn't know anything.

--------------------

2 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

DS shows her true colour. She is so stupid and evil. At least KI loves JM and isn't acting.  Just another comparison. CTJ used to love JM but as soon as he learned that he is not his grandson he hated him. On the other hand KI still loves JM. 

Totally.  I am still with you on the sympathy for KI, but holy crap, that woman DS is something else altogether.  She has turned totally nasty, after once being quite a kind and cheerful character whose only mistake was hoping that she would be good enough in bed to make the guy (whom she had the hots for) leave the woman he liked...   A bit of a creepy thing to do, but many a woman tries this in this world.  DS is just pure evil now, while KI gets even more sympathy from me for still loving the boy he helped raise, and he is only doing things out of his sense of reality that he is incapable of stopping his evil dad.  And DS is stupid too... for not doing the investigative work like others, or she would know that she has no cards to play either.  How can it help her to be nasty to JM after all this? Heck, even the goof troop is "smart enough" to at least try to find out what is going on, but DS is doing nothing to really look into what her husband is up to, and is only digging her own grave.

-------------------

Am I the only one who likes SukHui?  She is such a softy.  She takes all kinds of crap from her half-sister and her dad, but still loves them both.  And the goof troop guys were so good this episode.  How many goof troopers are needed to change a light bulb?... or keep a damn USB safe?   And that dance from MinJae outside KI's room.... hilarious, but Michael Jackson, you are not!

34 minutes ago, jayakris said:

Am I the only one who likes SukHui?  She is such a softy.  She takes all kinds of crap from her half-sister and her dad, but still loves them both.  And the goof troop guys were so good this episode.  How many goof troopers are needed to change a light bulb?... or keep a damn USB safe?   And that dance from JaeMin outside KI's room.... hilarious, but Michael Jackson, you are not!

Me too I feel sorry for her because her sister keeps humiliating her about being illegitimate 

my friends @dramaninja and @lu09  , you were with me in Left-handed wife, don't you consider KI totally different from Namjun??

in Left-handed wife, NJ was hypnotized by a few kind words from his mother, whereas KI is not agreeing to his father deeds

doesn't this really make him less evil from your point of view?? 

I mean I was biased towards a villain in the last drama because I felt he was used by his mother, and I was blinded by the excellent acting skills of Tae-Hyun :D (my mistake)

but here you find KI totally different. I mean he is not getting along with his father, and he doesn't blindly follow his orders. He wants to protect his family (although SW doesn't love him in return), but then you have to remember that SW was the one who approached him for marriage, I mean, she wanted revenge. KI never forced her to marry him or anything.

That's why I always feel that KI is not a real villain (unlike Namjun)

I am starting to think this drama is really about Fate and what happens when fate is messed with. 

I really like this episode because it shows how gradually DS is showing signs of possessiveness towards Jimni. She has reached new heights of becoming a shop addict.  

Jung Do-In stayed people who aren’t fated will have a terrible end. We have already seen the price of such actions. It seems Hwan Jae-Bok isn’t fated to be with Li Mi Ran after all. He had a major crush on her but she has never appreciated it. He also wondered why OTY is still living with them. I kinda feel bad for Hwang Jae-Bok. He was so mad at Mi Ran but the pain he felt from hearing what she had did to a baby really hurt him. 

Jung Hee was surprised to hear OTY admitting to wanting to Shi Wol and Jimin in his life after everything has been take care of. She struggled a bit and then said if it is fated. Chingu’s I would love to hear Jung Do-In’s opinion on that matter. WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK???    @joan0528 @dramaninja @nohamahamoud2002 @jayakris @whome @angelwingssf @lu09 @mersea545 @10192123sangre What would happen if He disagreed, I would really feel bad for OTY. Will he remain alone or would he say to hell with it. Lol lol  

The Good Tripp’s are very dumb and I wonder why the Family physician is working for Choi Tae Joon. What does he gain from all this??  @jayakris I see why you like Sook Hee. She is a softie but it is her mouth that doesn’t know how to remain shut. Her family is way to arrogant. Min Jae goes goes to see KII’s office like he owns it . He even decided to be very rude to him. He just couldn’t restrain himself and his mouth is so loose too. He doesn’t know there are time and place to have important conversation. How can you choose to talk in the hospital room where Mr Jang can overhear everything that is being said.  In Fact I am quite scared for Mr Jang, o fear that CTJ May try to kill him if he finds out OTY knows the truth. 

42 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

@UnniSarah from the time mr.jung read KI fate with SW because of the birthmonth, he already know that both are fated, so it means OTY and SW was fated to be together...but we dont know what destiny will bring to them, i think its better for OTY and SW to consult mr.jung about what they are planning and ask him about his idea about them that way they will not going to make a mistake because as what mr.jung said if two people are not meant to be together something bad might happen

@joan0528 I think that is what they should do. I don’t have the heart to see Jimin get hurt because they opposed fate. @nohamahamoud2002 If someone does die I think it will be KI or he will get hurt badly and that forces CTJ to give up on his wild ambitions. Or maybe He dies Because of this scene 

Part 1 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8970865dfe336a36e3c28

Part 2

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8970865dfe336a36e3c28

Archived