[Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절

0ly40

47 minutes ago, hell59 said:

What information did TY send to the uncle? Both father and son were looking at the device with really dumb expressions at the end of the episode 69!

I think it might be a recording of CTJ and MR talking about KI their son.  So, MJ and their family know that KI is not the grandson of Yanji group.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, hell59 said:

What information did TY send to the uncle? Both father and son were looking at the device with really dumb expressions at the end of the episode 69!

I couldn't stop laughing during that scene!  When they both said, at different times, "What's that?". I yelled out , "A USB, STUPID!":w00t::w00t:

At least, there is no question about paternity.  Like father, like son.  The goof troop is really funny.  Although, I can't stand the mother's voice screaming and yelling.  It really sounds like a tin drum.:crazy:

My honest opinion in today’s episode TY and Jimin scenes didn’t pull my heart strings. It felt kinda awkward, WAS THAT WHAT THE DIRECTOR WANTED???

I wanted my heart to be moved for their fiat time meeting as parent and child. Their dinner scene was a little bit moving, wished for more. 

KI and Jimin scene was messed up though. Jimin says he isn’t upset with him why didn’t he run to him or showed some kind of emotion except for guilt. Why didn’t hw contact him after leaving the house. He says he is mad at him mom, how will the writer help Jimin understand his mom. In actuality I don’t think Jimin needs to know about the switch. Because once he knows about the switch will he find out that his supppsed grandfather tried to kill OTY twice. Or that KI threatened to kill him for his mom to keep quiet about his biological father true identity. KI still couldn’t understand why Jimin went to OTY. Even O can understand why and even SW was able to understand. SW even tried to peak his interest in finding out who his mother is. She said “ SHE WOULD HAVE WANYED TO KNOW THE REASON WHY HE WAS ABANDONED “.  We got a flashback to see CRJ PAINTING MI RAN AS AN EVIL PERSON. I am quiet confused why should he trust his father so heartedly about the type of woman his mother is. This man has lied to him his whole life. He abandoned his wife real son and had her raised him without her knowledge. Jimin situation is so different. Jimin didn’t take someone else’s life or schemes for money and power. But Jimin is so upset with his mom and refusing to see her. He also right in front of Jimin, he was okay with him not wanting to his mom. 

@nohamahamoud2002 You see JH showed she still cares for KI.  

MJ and his family are truly stupid. I am worried that JiEun will tell KI that her family knows he isn’t the real grandson. Her crying at Mr Jang hospital bed side was truly disgusting. Spoke Hee her sincere love and affection for her father is real but damn she is way to loud and I agree with you @Auntie Mame. Her voice is way to annoying. lol 

DS is slowly digging her own grave. She looks to be slowly losing her sanity. The way she scolded SW for marrying someone with the intention of lying about her child parentage but not family Lineage ( something only a few know about) . I  I think she will eventually get attached to Jimin. Her crazy eyes are giving me a bad vibe. I fear at her reaction to the Sinnher mom has committed. Her audacity to say she would be mad at her mom if her mom did the same thing. TBH her mom did worse, she abandoned her child and then Kidnapped someone else’s kid . Then dropped of kid in an orphanage who had a terrible life. Then played a part in the death of her granddaughter. SMH Even knowing her mom played a part in her child death, she did not remain mad at her. Instead of mourning her child, she let her mom manipulate her into fixating on SW and hurting SW. smh shm 

6 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

Its really funny how minjae and his family fall in TY trap..while minjae talking to TY about the void of merger, all i can see is TY gigling face (he wanted to burst out loud laughfing but he just keep it)..so minjae family decided to keep everything a secret for now and they also said they will take care of grandfather..

TY acts like a puppeteer @joan0528. Don’t you think TY is enjoying watching them destroy themselves and using MJ’s family. 

38 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

Its really funny how minjae and his family fall in TY trap..while minjae talking to TY about the void of merger, all i can see is TY gigling face (he wanted to burst out loud laughfing but he just keep it)..so minjae family decided to keep everything a secret for now and they also said they will take care of grandfather..

I know. I was laughing really hard at this scene:mrgreen:. They will feel like idiots when they find out they gave him his original position back with no strings attached ROFL. 

TJ is curious in the preview how they found out this information. The fact that TY, SW and JH playing dumb at this mess is funny lol. 

I thought SW was weak for keeping quiet whenever DS talks, but I'm glad now that she doesn't say a thing to DS at all. 

Looks like the old guy is being told to be careful by TY in the preview. He found out about the Choi guy being CTJ and why TY was pissed off back in the previous episodes. If he finds out what MR did, he will side with TY for sure even though he doesn't like TY bio grandfather.

Thanks for the preview @dramaninja

@UnniSarah True and that's also because she doesn't think that JM will be able to forgive her now. 

Not sure where to start regarding this drama and its characters. I guess I’ll start off with the maid and the song or story that she taught Jimin’s nephew regarding the fake baby bear. This could easily be taken in two ways. The first is that she actually knows about the baby switch between Mr. Sun and Kwang Ill. How that happened is anyone’s guess. Did suggest a few ways sometime back so won’t bother doing so again. The second is that she wasn’t referring to those two but instead regarding Shi Wol and Jiming. One of her comments regarding Shi Wol was that she guessed right and that Shi Wol was an incredible woman. Meaning she also finds it impressive that Shi Wol not only brought in another man’s child in said house but also got said family to raise it by pretending that it belongs to their bloodline.

Spoiler

It also probably explains her actions or lack of towards Jimin. Remember she psychologically attacked his nephew so that he would be unable to do anything or be taken seriously. Meaning she was working hard to eliminate all opposition when she brings in her so called relative to take over Yangji Group. She didn’t do the same with Jimin because she suspected that since he wasn’t of the Family Bloodline he would be kicked out or be disqualified from taking over the company by the grandfather. In other words, she wouldn’t have to do much on her own end as the family would take care of the situation. A lot of times it feels like she deliberately tries to cause discord among the family so that they are busy fighting amongst themselves that they don’t see the threat that she poses to them.

In regards to second leads I generally don’t approve of their actions or do my best not to feel bad for them but even them a few make exceptions. Oh I still hate and disapprove of them but they still may get a few votes of Symphathy from me.

Kwang Ill seems to be somewhere in between for me. I really don’t approve of a Wife Beater (then again I don’t approve of any Spouse Beater regarding the gender). But regardless of this he does have his own share of issues. Generally compared to the rest of his greedy little family who want things that don’t belong to them or deserve (yes I am including the Goof Troop as his family because that is how they have lived so far). To be King is not his real dream if one looks at him carefully. That is the wish of his Greedy Father. For him what really matters is his family of sorts. Specifically, his wife and son. Even in the past when he discovered the truth he wanted to reveal said fact and he full well knew the consequences of him being kicked out but even then all that mattered was to be with his wife. Then he again demonstrated the same thing when he forced his father to bring back Jimin (even if he got tricked into doing it). He was more than willing to reveal that he was a fake and that Mr. Sun was the real grandchild to the grandfather if he couldn’t be with his family. Again showing that his family was more important to him than ruling the company. Plus, he probably does love Jimin to some extent. He may not be Father of the Year material but he does try his best that his child had a good life etc.. Surely he must be doing something right since Jimin loves him back to. His real problem is his obsession with his wife that blinds him to everything else. If he were to actually give someone else a chance he might find true love and happiness down the line. Unfortunately, is stubborn refusal will be the cause of his downfall.

Think of it this way once he discovered all this (family secrets [including his wifes’]) his entire world came tumbling down and he started to fall down. He tried to reach out to others for help but they all refused to do so that included his wife and mother etc.. The only one that offered his hand to help him out was the Devil in the form of Cho Tae Joon who then started to whisper into his ear that he could have it all if he just listened to his advice. This only made matters worse for all involved. One could also bring up the fact that he held his own son hostage and how could he do that if he loved him. Good point but that was done under his father’s suggestion and he probably thought that his son would ateast be safe from all the family drama. He also probably thought that he would atleast have a comfortable life over there and during that time perhaps he might have a chance of winning back his wife. Like I said his obsession doesn’t allow him to think straight.

To be honest I am still blaming his slightly detoriating relationship with his mother Jung Hee on Shi Wol’s shoulders.

@nohamahamoud2002 I noticed the pictures that you posted regarding him and Shi Wols cold reaction towards him. Does it feel cold coming from Shi Wol. Yes, it certainly does but at the same time I don’t think so. Shi Wol has been married to the guy for X amount of years so knows just how stubborn the guy can be. She simply wants a divorce but he isn’t giving it to her because he still thinks that he is in love with her or something. So she probably thought that if she tries to be a little cold towards him he will snap out of the dreamland where those two can be together and live happily ever after and just give her that divorce. She also told him prior to this that she didn’t live a happy life because she didn’t love him. Yes, they could have probably worked on fixing this but she had no intent of doing it. Not that she briefly didn’t try it just didn’t work for her. So she finally wanted an out and she got it since he discovered the truth but he stubbornly refused to give it to her. Whose fault is that. In many ways he is his own worst enemy and the cause of his own suffering as well at times. Shi Wol also has played a part in it as well. It is one of the reasons why I haven’t gotten attached to any of the characters in this show.

As for your Bollywood Movie reference. I used to watch them many years back. We used to get one movie every week here on our local channel before it became 24/7. At that point I never bothered figuring out the shows times (plus I wasn’t here had gone somewhere else for a few years) When I returned those movies just didn’t have the same charm for me. At this point I got into Korean Dramas and have been with them till now. Though that is another story and one of them was due to a misunderstanding. Regardless of that I feel that the villains in both shows (their movies and these dramas) are fundamentally different.

Over here the Villains usually work from the shadows or through proxies that the good guys never know what hit them. Plus, most of the times they are just too dumb to figure it out or want to achieve Saint Ranks (just got introduced to Chinese Comics so thought to add the Rank bit). So even when they find out who is responsible they try and ignore the deeds of the villains and even think that forgiving them will work. Only to discover that these people just get back to their old tricks unless it is the last episode. Then they usually find a way to redeem themselves and all is forgiven.

In the Bollywood Movies this isn’t the case. All the bad guys are official Card Carrying Villains and are proud of it. (they might even be mustache twirling villains as well.) They therefore don’t even try and hide this fact and they are even accompanied with their trusty thugs only to get a beat down by the Hero of the film. (who pays for all that damage is one of my major comments especially when they are fighting in shops or canteens) Once the villains get the smack down they deserve they generally come to their senses and either flee or the cops arrive to capture them. Problem solved unlike the Korean Shows.

I guess time constraint might be an issue over here. Back when I watched these Indian films they would be filmed at 3 hours at the most not to forget a few song and dance in them as well. Korean Dramas on the other hand have 16 18 hours at a minimum for their short dramas (unless we get web dramas or drama specials) and 50 hours in their weekend dramas. Dailies also get the same hours (they have more episodes but shorter air times) Therefore they have more time to develop characters and their motivations and give a better story then just summing it all up in a mere three hours.

Now back to the drama at hand. I am glad that the Goof Troop know that a birth secret is involved. Unfortunately, I doubt that they are smart enough to figure out something to do with it. At best I can see them going to Jung Hee with this information but what next.

Also I wonder what people think about Miran. Is she evil like Choe Tae Joon or is she slightly better than him? I am going with the later. She atleast feels a bit of remorse at her actions as well as a touch of guilt. She can’t seem to face her son as well as Jung Hee because she feels guilty towards what she did. Something that can’t be said about Choe Tae Joon who not only feels like he did nothing wrong he will easily place the blame on others and also try and manipulate the situation in his favour. Let’s get rid of the official son. When he gets orders not to go ahead he continues to still do so. Is willing to drug said son so that he can’t make the shareholders meetings. Too bad that Miran didn’t go ahead with his plan due to her feeling guilty and thinking that she can make up her actions by taking care of him like a son. Too bad for her Mr. Sun doesn’t see her that way. On top of all this a child died and Tae Joon doesn’t seem to be even a tiny bit remorseful showing what kind of monster that he is. When the rest of his family felt bad. Miran can’t be counted here since she is the grandmother so naturally she felt devastated. But then again she isn’t a saint. She can see that her daughter is turning into a monster and she is encouraging her to go ahead. Duck is extremely delusional. She thinks that she is losing something to Shi Wol but it was never hers in the first place.

She only got Mr. Sun in the first place because she got lucky and managed to get pregnant by him but he never loved her and she knew that from the start. One could say that he was fair game since Shi Wol had moved on with her life but if he didn’t feel the same way then she should have respected his choice. Even after marriage she had a chance to win his heart but when she failed she should have given up and moved on. The guy was still decent enough not to give her a divorce and leave her in the lurch but she continues to do evil things.

Sorry have to run so will be back later. Take care till then and keep posting.

Actually Shi Wol is very strong for not revealing everything and means she accept her fate toward the end. I am grateful full Shi Wol isn’t evil because if she was , she would have spilled the beans to hurt DS back @lu09 The fact that with everything she knows right now , she is keeping her mouth shut show how mature she is. If it was DS , she would have spilled the beans from the beginning. If DS was a bigger person, she would never gloat that Jimin wants nothing to do with his mother. Not only is she gloating, she lies to her husband that she will raise Jimin well. But if you were to watch the way she stares at Jimin sometimes, It gives me chills and fear for JiMin’s life. Even though SW is hurting but she understands and accept why Jimin refuses to see her. 

@yamiyugi  My reaction to you saying the Jung Hee and KI relationship strain is partially her Fault .

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897f464bbaa5d3ffd2658

Then o scolded myself internally because it is true. Let me tell you , I agree on not getting attached to characters in drama. I just can’t help getting array. I really tru chingu. Can you give me advice on how to do it? :tears::tears::bawling: It drove me insane when I do become attached. 

21 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

Actually Shi Wol is very strong for not revealing everything and means she accept her fate toward the end. I am grateful full Shi Wol isn’t evil because if she was , she would have spilled the beans to hurt DS back @lu09 The fact that with everything she knows right now , she is keeping her mouth shut show how mature she is. If it was DS , she would have spilled the beans from the beginning. If DS was a bigger person, she would never gloat that Jimin wants nothing to do with his mother. Not only is she gloating, she lies to her husband that she will raise Jimin well. But if you were to watch the way she stares at Jimin sometimes, It gives me chills and fear for JiMin’s life. Even though SW is hurting but she understands and accept why Jimin refuses to see her. 

Everything you said is perfect chingu. And that's the real difference between the two of them. Good to know I'm not the only one who feels like she will kill JM if he doesn't listen or her delusional plans doesn't go her way. 

@joan0528 A perfect example is what happened to grandfather:ph34r:. I have a feeling it will be MJ family finding out KI mother being MR lol. Not to mention, JE is still looking into who told grandpa the truth. With DS big mouth, it's only a matter of time before she slips the truth from her own mouth. I can't wait for that lol:D.

2 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Ep 71 Blurb: 숙희네가 합병 무효소송에 동참한다는 기사가 나고, 자매끼리 경영권 다툼을 하는 게 아니냐는 말이 나오는데.. 태준은 숙희네가 왜 이런 일을 벌이는지 알아내기 위해 장회장 병실에 도청기를 설치한다. 한편, 태양은 태준과 미란의 관계를 궁금해하는 황노인에게 두 사람이 저지른 일에 대해 말해주는데....

Translation: As news reports come out that the SH side is joining in legal voiding of the merger, the word is out that the sisters are in a quarrel over management rights. CTJ gets a bug installed in the hospital room to find out why the SH side is doing causing this trouble. Meanwhile, as old man Hwang is curious about the relationship between CTJ and MR, TY tells him about what those two had done.

---------

Have you ever seen any drama that needed this much of complicated book-keeping by the writer?  I get a headache every now and then, trying to figure out what each person knows.  Like, today we saw MinJae suddenly guessing that KI might already know that he is not JH's son.  I wondered how he would make that guess.... and he said that it was because of a line "what is the big deal about a bloodline?" that KI told him on the rooftop once.  Holy crap.  How does the writer keep track of these things?    We also saw old man Hwang remembering the way TY was talking to him about his MIL earlier.   Was the writer writing all these things with clear plans on when and where the flash-backs would come?   It is like he/she has written the whole drama script before the filming.  That is never done for daily dramas though.  I don't remember any drama like this.  It is border-line crazy.   And I don't think we have found a hole in the writing either - like a flaw in the logic that every person follows based on everything they had each seen and heard.

6 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

To be honest I am still blaming his slightly detoriating relationship with his mother Jung Hee on Shi Wol’s shoulders.

@nohamahamoud2002 I noticed the pictures that you posted regarding him and Shi Wols cold reaction towards him. Does it feel cold coming from Shi Wol. Yes, it certainly does but at the same time I don’t think so. Shi Wol has been married to the guy for X amount of years so knows just how stubborn the guy can be. She simply wants a divorce but he isn’t giving it to her because he still thinks that he is in love with her or something. So she probably thought that if she tries to be a little cold towards him he will snap out of the dreamland where those two can be together and live happily ever after and just give her that divorce. She also told him prior to this that she didn’t live a happy life because she didn’t love him.

Actually this is something I dislike about Kdrama. The writers start something and then ignore it. Yes there is no mention of SW's blackmailing KI about telling the truth to JH

Honestly I want KI to divorce SW because she doesn't love him. But really my question is why does TY need DS's consent to get divorce?? It sounds strange to me. 

It is hard on KI to give up his family, when he has been with them for 13 years. I again blame SW for marrying him in the first place. In my opinion, I wish she just poisoned CTJ in the first episodes as she originally planned. Is money and inheritance everything in life??? I really feel all the characters fighting for something of no importance. What does this fight lead them to do? They gained nothing but misery. But then again as @joan0528 said, this is revenge drama. I was just hoping that SW and TY not participate in this dirty game.

@UnniSarah thank you for commenting on JH and KI

I really don't think KI intended to kill JM, he was just blabbing. (He turned mad because of jealousy and desire for revenge)

If DS loves JM, I would feel she is still human. But again I don't like the revenge and the crazy look on her face. But really why did she cut her hair short??? 

@nohamahamoud2002 TY and SW aren’t participating because he only wants his family and to be safe. As long as Choi Tae Joon remains as Chairman he will try to kill him twice. Choi Tae Joon needs to lose power so TY and Jimin can be safe. None of them are safe because CTJ is waiting for Mr Jang to die. He has been waiting for him to die for a long time. 

Chingu’s I am still confused about the maid. She said she want him to wake up. Why does she want that ?? 

3 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

Probably she wants her nephew to be acknowledged as the heir of Yangi?:wacko:

But does the maid know that JM and TY are the real heirs of Yangji corporation? I'm still confused about her comment regarding SW being an interesting person. It's like she knows the truth but at the same doesn't know it:wacko:. Ohh well, hopefully they answer this question soon because we need to know what side she will choose.

9 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

She dont have the idea yet that TY and Jimin are true Jang...she only kniw that KI is not the true grandson..

Ohh thanks. Then that explains why she is too relaxed. If she knew that TY and JM are the real heirs, then she would have been active to get rid of them if she wanted to put her nephew as a heir.

Just now, joan0528 said:

I also cannot get what really ms.yang want to the yangji group or jang family, it look like she really care for grandfather jang..

Me too. It's better if they give us an answer soon. But yeah, her relationship with the chairman looks genuine which is why I'm confused about her role in this family.

Goof Troop puts this drama in a world of its own!

The scene of the four sitting and talking about KI  not being of their blood was hilarious.  When instructed not to reveal the secret yet, the DIL asked when they will tell the secret.   FIL said they needed to, first, have a meeting to make plans.   Did he not think the four of them sitting around talking constituted  a meeting?!:blink:

However, you do have to give them credit for their family unity. 

How many Goof Troops does it take to change a lightbulb?

Ans: Four.  One to call for a meeting on how to change the lightbulb.  One to prance/spar around saying that he's going to take down that worthless lightbulb.  One to scream, "I'm a daughter, too." to the dead lightbulb.  And, one to change the lightbulb.  :P

By the way, Ms. Yang  Nam Kyung, the house manager and secretary of the grandfather bought a lot of Yangji shares in the name of a third person (I am assuming that it is in the name of the nephew?  since it would be dangerous to put it in the name of a complete stranger) :phew:

In finding shareholders of the company to help in order  to void the merger of  Logis and Yangji it seems that Ms. Yang NK 's shares is insignificant because the side of Kim Yoo Wol/Oh Tae Yang did not even bother to approach the owner of those shares. I thought that no matter how small the number of shares a person has they would approach that person to get his/her help in the lawsuit because if you can get all the small shareholders to cooperate then that would make up some percentage to help with the lawsuit.

And in doing so, will they be able to discover that there is a number of shares  related to Ms. Yang NK? and possibly get a background check on her? Choi Tae Joon did an investigation on Ms Yang and that is how he found out about the shares and  used it as leverage on Ms Yang to do his bidding. (Ji Min's case to go abroad, exiled from his mother and as a hostage).:crazy:

I am so wondering what it is Ms Yang is hiding.... though she seems to be devoted to but not truly loyal  to the grandfather :(

Archived