[Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절

0ly40

15 minutes ago, UnniSarah said:

@joan0528 I think that is what they should do. I don’t have the heart to see Jimin get hurt because they opposed fate. If someone does die I think it will be KI or he will get hurt badly and that forces CTJ to give up on his wild ambitions. Or maybe He dies Because of this scene 

Part 1 

https://media2.giphy.com/media/VEznHr5qrAqWkxs0EX/giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8970865dfe336a36e3c289e92b7dbb11e53d0323702&rid=giphy.gif

Part 2

https://media2.giphy.com/media/J4NwhGD4Pw8oBq9knn/giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8970865dfe336a36e3c289e92b7dbb11e53d0323702&rid=giphy.gif

@UnniSarah -  Can you make the gif 's public.  Thanks.  

The fate that we are talking about was already checked by Mr. Jung.  I am sure OTY wants to be with SW and viceversa.  

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

Now i can see the evilness in KI..he wants both yangji and jimin..he is like his father now greedy for everything that is not for him...i think KI have a plan already looks like he know the OTY know already his identity...from the look in KI eyes and his previous question to SW if she told TY about his true identity i think he already suspected it and also he already done some investigation maybe KI secretly watching Junghee and SW meeting TY...molla molla i really dont know already whats happening next episode

Yep, KI wants both. It's exactly why I don't like him in the first place. He may have been a victim in the beginning due to his parent's greed but what he is doing now is on him.

I watched one of clips from today's episode and when he told SW that he is JH real son without any guilt in his face, that was it for me. Dude is becoming just like his own sister, Delusional!!!!!.

I have a feeling too that KI knows about TY. Whatever plan he is cooking up, hopefully it gets screwed up. It's about time TY, SW and JH get some real result with their scheming. Besides I have a feeling that TY did count on KI finding out in the process. Hopefully he did lol:sweatingbullets: otherwise it's back to square one.

@nohamahamoud2002 I am about to go on a rant regarding what Duck did. Also why her actions can’t be justified. So I want to apologize about that and anyone else if I offend them with this post.

I
Spoiler

would first of all point out that Duck is an extremely manipulative person even when she pretends to be nice. She herself admitted that to her mother that she got tired of other people taking things that belonged to her that she decided to take things that she liked or something to that extent. In the case of Mr. Sun she took him full well that he didn’t want to be with anyone else due to his trauma or whatever one wants to consider it and more than that he had feelings for someone else. She took advantage of a person that was unaware of what he was doing or happening to him.

Then the next day she pretends like it was no big deal and that she wouldn’t hold him responsible for his actions or try and trap him into a relationship due to their one-night stand. All lies I would point out. Had this been a stranger I might have been more willing to believe this. But this wasn’t the case over here. She knew just what kind of person he was. Ie a responsible one that took care of all debts that he owed to people. In this case she was fully aware that if she got pregnant there was a very good chance that he wouldn’t leave her High and Dry as one would say. In other words, her actions were planned to an extent. Not only that if she further wanted to prevent herself from getting pregnant she could have found ways to ensure that didn’t happen. I have been watching Forever Enemies recently as I may have mentioned and over there the male leads mother tells the female lead that she wouldn’t accept her till a certain time passes so they shouldn’t register their marriage till that point and also not to have any kids till then. To ensure that doesn’t happen she tells the female lead to take birth control pills etc. Therefore, if Duck really didn’t plan on trapping him she could have done the same as well the next day. I could have excused her if there were other things on her mind such as some sort of tragedy in her family or a crisis at work. But none of that happened. So she has simply no excuse for her actions.

You also mention how she couldn’t control herself when he mistook her for Shi Wol and to blame it on hormones. I disagree with this as well. She could easily control herself that night and was even going to do that until he mentioned Shi Wol’s name and mistook her for Shi Wol She only did that with him because she knew at that point she wouldn’t have another chance like that to be with him so she let him have her way with her while he thought that he was with Shi Wol. Also no one can’t blame her actions on hormones for a simple reason. That reason is that they are not very considerate of Rape victims if they do so.

Just consider this. A person decides to rape a victim and when he is questioned as to why they did that. Their response is something like this. “Forgive me your honor it really isn’t my fault. I really didn’t want to do that but it was all the fault of my raging hormones that I couldn’t control myself. Said person was so ravishingly handsome/beautiful that I lost control of myself and decided to have a go at them.” Really if that was the case all rapists should be allowed to walk free and their victims just had the bad luck of being there. So I certainly don’t think the bit of hormones should be applied here.

You may try and argue that she didn’t force him to have sex with her that night but at the same time she wasn’t honest with him and he on the other hand only did it with her because he was drunk and thought that she was Shi Wol otherwise he wouldn’t have even touched her.

I would also point out that she didn’t drag him home when they did what they did but instead dragged him to a motel. Understandable to an extent since he was heavy and she therefore wouldn’t be able to drag him home but couldn’t she have contacted anybody else to help them out. My memory seems to be a bit short but what happened to Mr. Sun’s friend. Was he in the States doing that task for him or was he still in Korea because if he was she could have contacted him for help. She didn’t do any of that so it shows that she decided to take advantage of Mr. Sun that night if possible.

Can’t say that Mr. Sun isn’t responsible for his actions that night. Part of it is indeed his fault. There is a very good reason why one isn’t supposed to drink or drink more than their limit. That is to prevent things like that. When you are drunk you tend to lose all your inhabitations and are unaware of your actions due to it. It is also for the same reason why it is a crime to be Drunk and DUI (Driving Under Influence) because you can cause an accident which can end up injuring someone else or worse killing another party. So therefore if a person knows that their limit is two glasses then they should always have just one. Even one and a half can be a bit risky but can be ignored. If you have even less of a tolerance than don’t go over that limit period. Drinking away your sorrows never works infact it might even make things worse. Being drunk is no excuse and a court of law doesn’t accept it. For instance, if he in his drunken state decided to make out with Duck thinking her to be Shi Wol and she not only refused but also reported him for his actions he could have easily been charged with attempted rape. Infact if anyone raped anyone here it was Duck. Am I being a bit harsh on her. Perhaps but I feel that she deserves it.

She should also have been prepared for a divorce after their daughter died because one thing that has been made abundantly clear was that was the only time those two were ever intimate. A point to be noted here is that he never touched her again. If that didn’t send warning bells upto her then I have no idea of what would. What is sad over here is that if she had patiently waited she would still have been able to keep her husband. He had promised her that he wouldn’t have left her after their daughter’s death but her insecurity of what was happening around her made her do things which she will eventually come down to regretting.

While I have more to say on this matter I feel better if I don’t as I might say something that I might regret later on so it would be best if I let this matter go.

@joan0528 thankyou for informing we of the episode where he Mr. Sun told Shi Wol the truth. It helps when other people like you have great memories that they can exactly recall what happened in which episode. At best for me I remember certain scenes or lines but can’t recall which episodes they are from and that is on my good days. Need to really work on improving my memory. At the moment it is so bad that I usually forget what I have had for lunch when it is time for dinner.

So it seems like the Goof Troop lost that USB.. A shame really and like all K-Drama fools it never occurred to them to make a backup of said conversation. Hopefully Mr. Sun has a backup and sent them a copy. As for Jung Hee there is no need for her to doubt Mr. Sun’s identity at this point. She already knows that Kwang Ill isn’t her real son. Remember she overheard the conversation between Miran and Choe Tae Joon at the park. So even if she doubts Mr. Sun’s identity she still knows that Kwang Ill isn’t her real son and therefore if any result shows up positive she knows that it is fake. But at the same time this test will only confirm that Mr. Sun is her real son. Think about it Choe Tae Joon can only fabricate the results if he has access to the samples of the real son. He must be thanking his lucky stars at this moment thinking that it was a good thing that he didn’t kill of Mr. Sun. So in other words good thinking Jung Hee.

Hiding the USB in the hospital room was kind of smart since they are mostly living there it should have probably been harder to steal it than leaving it unguarded at home. Where if it went missing they wouldn’t have even known about it till it was to late. Ofcourse if they made multiple copies this wouldn’t have been an issue in the first place. Speaking about the USB in the hospital room might not have been an issue since they were guarding the room like a fortress so no intruder should have been able to enter it and overhear their conversation. they only slipped up because fake doctors managed to enter it and leave a recording device inside. Speaking of which the same team of doctors must have managed to enter again to retrieve said pen back since it clearly didn’t have a Wi-Fi sending feature and Cho Tae Joon had said pen in his hand again. Actually this surprises me to an extent. Remember how the maid recorded his conversations and then handed them over to Jung Hee she used a recording pen. So shouldn’t he have been aware of what a recording pen looks like and not say whatever is on his mind. Unless the maid switched his pen with one of hers but that then begs the question why does he have a recording pen in the first place. Does he go and record all his conversations with people or have one ready to plant on someone at a moment’s notice.

I have to go and watch the last episode now. Couldn’t do so yesterday since I had a headache so went straight to be when I returned from work. So take care all of you and keep posting. Also I want to apologize to anyone if I managed to offend them with my post.

I am disappointed now that KI is greedy too :( 

If he knows about all the bad things his father did, he might change his mind. I saw an older episode where SW asked him if he is curious about his biological mom and why she left him. His dad lied and said she left him in the hospital because she is evil. I think he is lying because Miran knows how evil CTJ can be and she was forced to give up KI. So I think this might play a significant role in the future when KI learns about his father's lies. I hope it is not too late, because now KI is challenging TY, like a horse race.

11 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

Now CTJ know that Mr. Hwang is the one who is spying at them, i wonder what evilness he gonna do to this old man..TY and SW has a plan in order to save grandfather jang but the writer didnot go on the details haha...maybe in the next episode it will reveal what their plan...

DS on the other hand threatened TY that he must be good to her if he dont want something happen to Jimin but TY only laugh at what she said..(as in DS has a nerve to tell that to TY like that??)

Thank you @joan0528 for the detailed description of what happened in each episode chingu

2 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

Ep73 Blurb - 시월은 양실장과 함께 장회장을 해치려는 태준으로부터 장회장을 구해내고, 태양은 정희의 부탁으로 장회장 병실을 찾아간다. 한편, 태준은 다수의 주주가 태양과 함께 합병 무효소송에 참여했다는 소식을 듣고 위기감을 느끼고, 광일은 시월에게 태양을 망가뜨리겠다고 말하는데.... 

Translation: SW and Secretary Yang saves Chmn Jang from harm by CTJ, and TY goes to visit Chmn Jang on request from JH.  Meanwhile, as CTJ feels a sense of crisis with several shareholders having joined hands with TY on the merger nullification suit, KI tells SW that he will destroy TY.

------------------

Though I see many of you upset at KI for wanting the company and also JM, and take it as too much greed from him, I have a different take on it.  Wanting the company is natural from almost any man who lived 35+ years as the heir of a company who suddenly found that his whole life was meaningless for no fault of his, but only of his parents that he never even knew were his parents.  At least nobody in his position will go down without a fight on it, and nobody will just say "oh sorry... take what is yours.. I will just walk out on the streets and start from scratch".   I don't know if I will call that greed, but rather a fight against the fate that was so unfair to you.  As for the second part, of wanting JM, I don't take it as a negative at all.  It is just his wanting to be in the life of the boy he raised for 12 years.  He would be a much worse person for me, had he just dumped the boy as "not his" (like his father did about the grandson he once loved).  But another angle is that he may be feeling that he would be setting at least some things right, after his dad/mom screwed everything up -- that is, he may be thinking that he will anyway be handing everything to the rightful great grandson, JiMin.  He may be feeling that it is wrong for him to want the company and marry somebody else and have another child, and that the right thing to do is to bring JM back and have him as his son.....  But I know, this is a discussion that we all will not agree on... On whether we should dislike KI or not.   I still don't dislike him.  Looks like even @nohamahamoud2002 is wavering now on her support of KI?   I may be the only one left for KI. Haha :)

8 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

@nohamahamoud2002 I am about to go on a rant regarding what Duck did. Also why her actions can’t be justified. So I want to apologize about that and anyone else if I offend them with this post.

I don't like DS either :) but I am just saying she became worse after Seatbyol died

1 hour ago, lu09 said:

Yep, KI wants both. It's exactly why I don't like him in the first place. He may have been a victim in the beginning due to his parent's greed but what he is doing now is on him.

ditto.  Irrespective of how well JH raised him, the genes don't lie.  OTY is good no matter who raised him.  Kind caring and considerate of others.  

Rhetorical questions:

Would a truly good person want to exact revenge?  

As for DNA determining a person's goodness, from where did TY get his goodness?  Not from his mother or grandfather because they are not squeaky clean in their actions. Perhaps, his father or the orphanage? 

Instead of being a whistleblower about the account books, which led almost to his death, he could have turned a blind eye.  But he didn't because TY has always been righteous by choice. 

@Jayakris: I'm still with you on KI.  Perhaps, he is greedy. Or, perhaps, in desperation, he is just trying to salvage as much as he has been led to believe was his.  As I previously said, he feels no love or assurance from anyone around him.  

48 minutes ago, Auntie Mame said:

Rhetorical questions:

Would a truly good person want to exact revenge?  

As for DNA determining a person's goodness, from where did TY get his goodness?  Not from his mother or grandfather because they are not squeaky clean in their actions. Perhaps, his father or the orphanage? 

Instead of being a whistleblower about the account books, which led almost to his death, he could have turned a blind eye. 

TY has always been righteous by choice. 

I would say it is a combination by choice.  I think JH - is pretty squeaky clean IMO.  Other than the one incident with SW about JM, the other fights with her sister SH - I would just chalk it up to half sibling rivalry.  Also, she is pretty good with the business just like SW.  Her father on the other hand is pretty underhanded and wants to get an upper hand by hook or crook.  No doubt about that.  But even he is not as bad as CTJ.  Since we don't know much of TY father, I would assume he is very much like Mr. Jung and hence good and ethical.  

Even though TY was scared to become a whistle blower, and hid according and lost his bearing, I would say, it was SW who was the one directing him to do the right thing even though it is difficult.  So, peer influence was what might have made him to become righteous.  Since he is pretty smart, I guess he did not have to cook the books, or be a crook to gain an upper hand.  But what I see is that he is a pretty planner and plans his attacks efficiently making use of people's weakness or capability or nature.  

1 hour ago, joan0528 said:

I think its not determine by DNA or genes...TY just have a good heart and also surrounded maybe by good people before when he was young( except by his adopted father who always abuse him)..meeting SW also is one of the reason because of her TY become a happy person and have a goal in life..

I think this drama leans towards nature versus nature. 

DS is the person she is because of nature and nurture of her mom. 

KII is the person he is because JH nurture him so he still has heart to love JM. But sometimes I wonder if he love JM or he is holding on to him because he can’t bare to lose SW. i believe there is only one reason he won’t let SW or JM go is because he doesn’t know his mom does love him and would welcome him with open arms. If he knew that I believe he would give up being heir. @jayakris Your post is on point and it makes sense. Same reason for OTY would fight CTJ to get his family back. 

@joan5604 For OTY , He is who he is because of nurture. SW is the ray of sunshine that brighten up his life and made him happy. 

5 hours ago, jayakris said:

But I know, this is a discussion that we all will not agree on... On whether we should dislike KI or not.   I still don't dislike him.  Looks like even @nohamahamoud2002 is wavering now on her support of KI?   I may be the only one left for KI. Haha :)

No I still like him, but I am worried he might commit grave mistakes, I will not be able to find excuses for him. I supported a worse villain last drama lol. Compared to him KI is an angel :D

Honestly speaking, as you say KI is logical, but really I am worried about him because he is hurting himself by this competition. I want him to be happy with his own family with a woman who loves him and knows his worth

Really if we want to talk about genes, I would like to talk about Prophet Adam, he had a good son Abel and a bad son Cain. Likewise prophet Ibraham was good while his father was bad. I mean it is not necessary that a good father has good sons or a bad father has bad sons. There is no rule.

I think KI might have been better because of JH's love, but the bad influence of his father is driving him the wrong way. Still he is good enough to accept JM even after learning he is the son of TY. Also he is jealous, because TY came to take everything now. It is logical that he fights. I mean KI was brought up by JH. He was ready to bring JM up, he has some good in him. He is not like DS, who is really evil.  

Really let us be less biased. I believe in God's giving everyone the chance to choose, and He knows what everyone is capable of. He is just, and gives everyone freedom of choice. I do have some examples from history about tyrants who gave birth to good people. (But not the place to discuss here)

Judging by this, why is DS more evil when she is not CTJ's daughter? And why is KI less evil?? I believe the writer doesn't intend to draw KI as a bad man, he is put in a situation where he can't backoff, and the revenge game is too complex.  I hope I am not offending anyone by my examples but I was trying to clarify my point, so that you know why I am defending KI.

@yamiyugi

really the word rape is too strong. DS deceived TY, I agree. But he thought her someone else that's why he did this by choice, no use of force from either side. I would rather say she took advantage of him, by impersonating SW. As for hormones, I mean she didn't stop herself from being attracted to him, and so she used the situation, which is morally wrong, but many women do this. I think rape is by force, which is not the case here, she didn't force him, but she went along with his imagination that she is SW, so she responded. I am not defending her. But I remember she said, "I am not going to take advantage of a drunken man" and turned to leave. Then TY held her hand and imagined her SW.

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg 

she was taken aback when he stopped her

Spoiler

4.jpg
5.jpg

7.jpg 6.jpg 

plz don't get me wrong, I am not defending DS, but I am saying she was going away, when he stopped her. At least in this situation she was going away. She used his mixing her up with SW, that is why she is manipulative, but otherwise, she didn't force him, she just took advantage of his drunken state.  I don't like DS, but I am trying to be objective. I am influenced by critical analysis of literature. :) 

Spoiler

8.jpg

By the way, if TY was really raped by DS, he would have refused to marry her. And he would have hated Seatbyol. No human can marry a rapist, or even love his child as a result of rape. It is more accurate to say she took advantage of him. :) 

My angel :wub:

Spoiler

24 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

The goof troops planning to make another DNA test between JH and KI...

Thankfully grandfather jamg is safe, SW already plan ahead what they gonna do to about grandpa jang...when the culprit comes to the room and try to kill grandpa they already switch the body to someone else but they make it looks exactly like grandpa..

CTJ is very furious about what happen and now he also angry with ms.yang for giving the drinks to the guards onduty not knowing that it was SW tonic drinks that make them sleepy...

Adding to @joan0528 :

-  OTY comes and visits grandpa at the new hideout.

-  Looks like JH fires the Yanji Medical Chief of Staff

- JH takes charge of taking care of Chairman Jang.

- KI comes to take JM home and releases information about OTY.

2 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

Adding to @joan0528 :

-  OTY comes and visits grandpa at the new hideout.

-  Looks like JH fires the Yanji Medical Chief of Staff

- JH takes charge of taking care of Chairman Jang.

- KI comes to take JM home and releases information about OTY.

@angelwingssf  Omo Omo!!! Do you what kind of information??

5 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

That TY use fake identity...now sun holdings is in crisis because of that information KI release...KI really digging his own grave now following the steps of his father or more likely a bit more than his father....even CTJ is angry why KI release those information, because once the truth about OTY reveal (his fake identity) TY will backfight them about the yangji group being responsible for TY/YW assassin or plan of killing which KI dont know about..KI think he already outsmart TY by revealing everything but he really dont know what happen and what his father done 13yrs ago

This was his plan????? Bwahahaha:joy::mrgreen:. Indeed, he digged his own graveyard lol...

Archived