[Drama 2019] A Place in the Sun, 태양의 계절

0ly40

@Auntie Mame The Goof troop is hilarious and make me very worried.

@joan0528 Please have faith in theGOOF TROOP. If they side with CTJ they will definitely be kicked out by Mr Jang.

1. They sided with a monster who is willing to murder the real heir in the first place.

2. They maybe greedy but Min Jae has more of a hear than his parents.  

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c89704c3de0146ae919695

I trust Min Jae to be the voice of reason. As much add he hates KI , he hates KI because KI has always been arrogant and treated his other family like crap. He let being Heir corrupt him. I think if OTY has grown up as the heir, Min Jae and OTY would have been close.

Ji Min is determined to stop seeing his mom. When watching JiMin avoid his mom’s call , he looks so tortured. He wants to speak to her but stick chooses not to speak to her.  DS actually believes that Shi Wol is delusional when in fact she is the one that is delusional. 

Shi Wol really hates Choi Tae Joon. She gave him lip service today. I loved it but I afraid of them getting physical. Shi Wol is disgusted by him and hate him so much. 

Oh My Goodness , OTY held Shi Wol’s hands today. Her reaction was so cute.

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c89704c3de0146ae919695

This writer has truly captured the essence of “ ONLY LOVING ONE PERSON IN A LIFETIME”. I have to say, I think OTY is stalking SW. WHAT DONYOU CHINGU’s think??? Am I imagining it or has anyone suspected that????? 

Oh My Goodness , Ji Eun is truly annoying. All she could bring at the table is that Shi Wol is just like Choi Tae Joon. In actuality, SW was putting things back the way it is supposed to. I agree not everything that happens in the drama will be brought up when people are being punished. Some villain get away with the crimes they commit  during a drama which posses me off. But in this case , Jung Hee doesn’t hate KI. The person she hates is Choi Tae Joon because he is the only one who is coveting what doesn’t belong to him. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, joan0528 said:

This is what i like about this drama, no complication for their love story (only their married to other  person) because both of them still love and long for each other.

I really hate complicated love story because I get attached to some characters. I will say this, I tend to love bad character sometimes only when their life is unfair. I must be so moved by their story so I can accept them. 

Just now, joan0528 said:

They change now,,because last monday they already announce the kdrama that are affected but all dailydrama are still ok..now they change again..

Yeah its odd though since Home for Summer still seems to be right schedule.

Oh well no big deal atleast we got some episodes this week.

6 hours ago, Auntie Mame said:

How many Goof Troops does it take to change a lightbulb?

Ans: Four.  One to call for a meeting on how to change the lightbulb.  One to prance/spar around saying that he's going to take down that worthless lightbulb.  One to scream, "I'm a daughter, too." to the dead lightbulb.  And, one to change the lightbulb.  :P

Actually the 4th one to find that TY has changed the light bulb already, and then that the bulb that needed change was anyway not this one.

By the way, who here named them "goof troop"??  Haha, such an apt name!  They annoyed me at first, but now I appreciate them for all the humor.

4 hours ago, joan0528 said:

Yes, only 2 days no episode and were back to normal schedule..home for summer, kungdari and shady mom in law are still out only a place in the sun not....time to marathon some old drama for now..

guess I'll be watching some Chinese shows...

13 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I really hate complicated love story because I get attached to some characters. I will say this, I tend to love bad character sometimes only when their life is unfair. I must be so moved by their story so I can accept them. 

I never look for love in dailies (with very few exceptions). May be love stories are clearer in mini-series. Here love take only 5 % of importance. 

There are different themes here such as biological vs non-biological child. Revenge. Fighting for power etc. In such revenge dramas I usually get interested by two things: the second lead male and children 

Btw I thought that DS would treat JM bad but it turns out she wants to be a mother. I think she needs to give birth again to regain her motherhood. Since TY doesn't love her, she just should get a divorce and remarry. Really I felt sorry for her when she lost Seatbyul. Her marriage is a wreck and she has gone mad after losing her child.

I think the writer is trying to show us some potential of goodness in KI and DS because they have parental feelings. They both should just leave together and start a new life with different partners.

I prefer to give a chance for the antagonists in the drama to redeem themselves because really this is not a mere simple Romeo and Julliet story. It is far deeper and more complicated 

PS. DS reminds me of Emily in Love till the end

By the way, am I the only unromantic person here?? Because really I feel like the odd one out 

Hi 
@nohamahamoud2002 

Spoiler

DS is no way Like Emily. I saw Love til the End and I felt Emily going crazy was so uncalled for. Her medication had some side effect and she was never a good person. Emily and Kang Se Na were from the same cloth. They were both selfish , so when she got into the accident and lost her father she went insane. 1. She chose a path that got her husband’s father death. There is no way , he would fall in love with her. It isn’t possible. She already knew who he was in love with. 2. She even tried to blackmail him even knowing he has a child. She was so selfish to want to take away Ga Young’s son because she herself couldn’t have kids. 3. She refused to follow through on her deal she made with Kang Se Na. 

DS knew from the beginning, OTY love Shi Wol. He never was lovey doves with her. He was respectful and a great father. He followed her advice for a few years ans came back for Revenge. From the beginning of her marriage she was selfish with him. Asking him to give up the Justice for himself because that is what she wanted for their baby. I don’t think she even got him to treat her as a woman.  What happens when you lose the one thing that keeps a family together, the family is broken apart. One thing I have hope for when they lost Set Byul , I had hope she be the one to comfort him instead of Shi Wol. Since they both lost their child , they should have mourned her together. What was sad was that , OTY had no beside him but DS had her mother and that man. Trying to comfort her but out KYW was alone and devastated. In that moment he started believing that he probably didn’t deserve to be love. 

After breaking things down chingu you are right . It is their selfishness that is the same  Lol 

@nohamahamoud2002

Right from the beginning Duk Shil was already selfish. She knew that Kim Yoo Wol/Oh Tae Yang was yearning for someone else. He was drunk. She brought him home he was saying Shi Wol's name. In his drunken state he thought of her as Shi Wol. Instead of stopping his advances she willingly submitted to him.  And the result is she got pregnant. She even tried to run away from home. In truth Kim Yoo Wol/Oh Tae Yang married her only for the reason that she was pregnant. 

No wonder Set Byul had to die because she was never a part of the destiny/fate between Shi Wol and Yoo Wol/Tae Yang.

It is really sad when children are used as an excuse to get what one wants. So selfish.

This is also the same case with Choi Kang Il. He is using Ji Min to keep Shi Wol by his side.

** What is the matter with this half-siblings? It must be from their mother's genes - the need for love. They are so hungry for attention and love. Emotionally insecure.

Choi Tae Joon is not after love but material wealth. He was ready to give up Mi Ran and his child with her to marry into a rich family - Jang Jung Hee. :cold_sweat:

4 hours ago, 10192123sangre said:

Right from the beginning Duk Shil was already selfish. She knew that Kim Yoo Wol/Oh Tae Yang was yearning for someone else. He was drunk. She brought him home he was saying Shi Wol's name. In his drunken state he thought of her as Shi Wol. Instead of stopping his advances she willingly submitted to him.  And the result is she got pregnant. She even tried to run away from home. In truth Kim Yoo Wol/Oh Tae Yang married her only for the reason that she is pregnant. 

No wonder Set Byul had to die because she was never a part of the destiny/fate between Shi Wol and Yoo Wol/Tae Yang.

It is really sad when children are used as an excuse to get what one wants. So selfish.

This is also the same case with Choi Kang Il. He is using Ji Min to keep Shi Wol by his side.

** What is the matter with this half-siblings? It must be from their mother's genes - the need for love. They are so hungry for attention and love. Emotionally insecure.

Choi Tae Joon is not after love but material wealth. He was ready to give up Mi Ran and his child with her to marry into a rich family - Jang Jung Hee. :cold_sweat:

Well said chingu @10192123sangre Eveything that has happened is due to the Universe putting things back in it’s place. 1. Kim Yoo Wol was an account to Jangi Construction 

2. Choi Tang Joon get’s rid of KimYoo Wol  3. Kim Yoo Wol survived the accident

4. Shi Wol is pregnant - > then she hears that he was the true heir to Jangi construction not Kang II  ( the pregnancy was evidence of Kang II not being Mr Jang’s grandson.

I wish Shi Wol would put Duk Sil in her place like this.

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897af4c1e565f4f508d67

In drama like when there is birth secret , I have come to realize the ML or Fl never stick to their principles. I can list a bunch of Revenge drama where their morals become corrupted because in order to beat the bad guys they must join them. This drama was very low key to the destruction to the bad guy which is why I am very grateful. We should all

be grateful that Shi Wol actually feels sorry for what she did when in most revenge drama’s they never regret what they did wrong because they believe what they did was right.

Choi Tae Joon’s world is in turmoil. His wife isn’t siding with him at all , Kang II refuses to let SW go. CTJ care for no one because the moment JWC has a heart attack his first plannif action is to keep Sook Hee and her family away from him. What right does he have to do that? It seems to be CTJ specialty in separating family related by blood. 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897af4c1e565f4f508d67

Characters like Choi Tae Joon are really despicable. He will never blame his kid for being greedy but he will call other people disgusting name which is better suited to him. 

5 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

@UnniSarah when you use the extra large font, I really become alarmed. Honestly speaking no kidding :sweatingbullets: 

@nohamahamoud2002  I appologize for it. Using my phone to respond and trying to change the font size and become a hassle. Plan on changing it late . :tears::tears: I meant to make it a bit smaller. I wanted it to be just one line. But it turned out wrong. 

The post was written so I can see where you are coming from. But when I write something, it remains in the comment box.i try to erase it but it remains. So the other comment was me agree omg with you totally. 

@UnniSarah it is OK :D  phones are not user-friendly 

I know you are over enthusiastic in your defense of SW and TY lol

it is just drama so I am looking at it as such

naturally there must be obstacles in the love story, such as DS and KI.

but I usually look at them  as characters not obstacles 

I don't like DS too but I was surprised when she treated JM good.

KI is clinging to SW with obsession, it is not healthy, but still he isn't like CTJ. I want him to let SW be, because she doesn't love him and their relationship brings him pain. But still I feel sorry for him because he brought JM up for 13 years and must lose him too. It is sad. I hope JM won't hate him. But then JM must be with his biological father, who would not have given him up under any circumstances, had he known of his existence 

otherwise I wish KI gives in soon and reach some good relationship with Junghee and JM. Also I wish SW would not despise him anymore at the end of the drama because he was a good husband in the past, before learning about TY

@jayakris you wanted a book keeping of what character knows what. Let me see if I can help.

Spoiler

Currently there are three main birth secrets or 1.5 depending on how one looks at it. They are as follows.

The baby swap this can therefore be divided into the fact that Mr. Sun is the real child and Kwang Ill is Miran’s child or the one that has been swapped and finally Jimin’s birth secret. Since the last one is known by all lets go with that first.

Jimins’ identity aka that he is Mr. Sun’s son Goof Troop, Kwang Ill, Choe Tae Joon, Miran and Duck, Jung Hee and the money lender. The only one that seems to be in the dark is the Fortune Teller but then again he hardly interacts with the families until needed. Naturally the maid also knows and thanks to Duck the grandfather is also aware though he is taking a nap since he wants a rest from all this family drama.

Kwang Il’s Identity can be broken up into two parts. One that he is the fake son and Secondly who is birth mother is.

For the former the following people are aware. Shi Wol, Choe Tae Joon Jung Hee, Miran, Mr Sun, The Goof Troop and The Fortune Teller. Following people are still in the dark. Duck, The Maid (probably. Since it is hard to know just what she knows) and the moneylender.

For the Later these are the following. Shi Wol, Choe Tae Joon Jung Hee, Miran, Mr Sun, and the Fortune Teller. The rest just have no idea.

As for Mr. Sun’s Identity following people know that he is the real son. Shi Wol, Miran, Choe Tae Joon, Jung Hee and the Fortune Teller. Duck has no idea of the baby swap or his real family same with the rest as well.

Right I forgot to mention the best pals of the main leads. They are probably as follows. They probably know the following. The baby swaps, meaning that they are aware that Kwang Ill is Choe Tae Joon’s kid and that Mr. Sun is Miran’s kid. But I doubt that they are aware that Miran is Kwang Ill;s mother. this is because this was something that Shi Wol herself was unaware of till Mr. Sun revealed this fact to her. She probably didn’t mention this to her friend who therefore didn’t inform Mr. Sun’s friend so unless he revealed this fact to him I doubt that he is aware as well.

As for Kwang Ill he only seems to be aware of the fact that he was swapped with Mr. Sun and that Jimin is Mr. Suns kid. He doesn’t know that Miran is his mother or that Duck is his sister.

Is there any other thing that we need to keep a scorecard? There is the certainly the maid and her secret but that is such as secret that only she knows what it is

@noham in regards to a divorce between Mr. Sun and Duck there is probably the easy way and the hard way. The easy way is that he gets her permission and they settle peacefully and go their amicable ways with her being given a certain amount of money and other things perhaps some stocks etc.. to compensate her for the years of marriage that they had together. Thus everyone is happy. For the easy way they usually sign some agreement before hand and head to the court and get a divorce generally the same day from what I can tell from these dramas. The hard way probably includes when one of the partners refuses to agree to a divorce. Perhaps he is abusive husband would he ever willingly agree to a divorce. Probably not. In this case the best thing would to do is file a complaint in court for a divorce. This usually becomes messy etc. and that is why I call it the hard way. In the former they can easily come to terms and agree to share out what they have fairly or atleast civily but in this case it depends on the court and their judgement. For instance, Duck may make unreasonable demands and if she portrays herself to be the victim people might take her side. For instance, if she still has the pictures of Mr. Sun hugging Shi Wol in the park her lawyers will clearly try to paint it as the two of them having an affair when both of them were married at that time. This could be in her favour if the court saw it that way even if that wasn’t the case. They might have a hard time believing that it was an innocent meeting and he rescued her from being hit by a bicycle. Will the rider actually stand up in the witness booth and claim that it was indeed an accident on his part. If that were to happen even, I would question the validity of that rider. There are certainly other issues as well that would arise if he doesn’t get Duck’s permission for a divorce. Perhaps she might even want to claim the house that she is currently living in because she knows just how much it means to him since this is his first house etc..

@10192123sangre Actually from what I have understood the maid hasn’t just placed those shares under one name. she has gotten them placed under a few different people. Yes, it is certainly risky to do this but I assume that she is compensating those people well so that they remain loyal to her and either transfer those shares back to her when she wants or else they side with whoever she tells them to do. Remember that drama where the female leads father had cancer (then he didn’t then he actually did) can’t seem to recall said dramas name at the moment. Over there the main leads Aunt and her family did the same thing. All the people that they had handed out those shares were people that they compensated by taking in their children and sending them to school (those kids had mental issues ie autism or something like that not the crazy type) in their gratitude these parents gladly kept the aunts families shares safe. The maid is probably utilizing a similar tactic. Had she been loyal to the company then she would have bought the shares in her own name and if she had just transferred it to her nephew Tae Joon would have probably realized his connection to the maid. He didn’t so I think it is still safe.

@jayakrisI believe that I was the one that named them Goof Troop. I might be mistaken since these posts do tend to get confusing at times and one mistakes what someone else as written. If that is the case, I want to apologize. Regardless I do know that I started calling Duk Shill Duck and her husband Mr. Sun. apparently those names didn’t stick. So perhaps I should stop doing that.

Anyway need to catch up on these last two episodes. I got sidetracked with another drama Forever Enemies which I am greatly enjoying and the best thing about it is that it’s finished. So till I do that take care all of you and keep posting.

1 hour ago, yamiyugi said:

@jayakrisI believe that I was the one that named them Goof Troop. I might be mistaken since these posts do tend to get confusing at times and one mistakes what someone else as written. If that is the case, I want to apologize. Regardless I do know that I started calling Duk Shill Duck and her husband Mr. Sun. apparently those names didn’t stick. So perhaps I should stop doing that.

no, plz don't stop :D you are giving a lighter air for the drama, and really the Goof Troop are so comic, and my cutie little child, Minjae's son

I miss @Ameera Ali again and her wonderful gifs :wub: She makes any tragic drama light

there is something I was thinking about, when SW decided to tell TY about JM, did she intend to get a divorce?? or just give JM to TY to bring up?? (I am referring to the time before TY married DS)

also I am very surprised that KI is willing to stay with SW (who can't conceive anymore), and raise up JM who is not his son. I mean he just should remarry and have children. But then he is obsessed with SW and he really loves JM as his own.

There is some sign of compassion on part of DS towards her brother KI, she said that JM was ready to leave his father who brought him up for 12 years and go for his real father TY. I really feel so curious about how KI and DS feel when they learn they are siblings???  They won't get along, because they are both fighting over JM. The only thing they have in common now is that both want to stay with their spouses, despite the lack of love.

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

there is something I was thinking about, when SW decided to tell TY about JM, did she intend to get a divorce?? or just give JM to TY to bring up?? (I am referring to the time before TY married DS)

@nohamahamoud2002 in response to your question of what was Shi Wols plan in the earlier episode is a bit hard to answer since my memory isn’t all that great but from what I could tell she certainly intended on getting a divorce from Kwang Ill. But after that it becomes a bit hazy for me as well. I am not sure if she wanted to simply hand Jimin over to Mr. Sun and leave or expect to marry him as well or be a family with him. I think that at worst she planned on handing him over to him but if he didn’t forgive her for her actions then she would have accepted that and moved on. On the other hand if he did forgive and understand her then they could have been together but that was probably a long shot on her part. But this all changed when she discovered that he was planning on getting married since she didn’t want her son to be raised by a stepmother. She clearly read all those children fairy tales where the evil stepmother plans to get rid of the stepchild for some reason or the other or treat them like slaves etc..

As for the bit of Kwang Ill his obsession with his family knows no bounds. He is even willing to forgive his wife’s faults if he can be with her and have Jimin as well. He did love her for 13 years even though it was one sided and he still hopes that it can work between them. It won’t but that can’t be helped and until he doesn’t get over this issue he won’t be ready to move on with anybody else.

Someone brought up the matter about how Yoon Shi Woll showed up in the last episode of Dr. Detective. I literally just watched that scene to confirm it, was amusing. But I have to say that apart from the same actress having the same namesake she wasn’t the same character. True like this Shi Wol she also married into a Rich Family and all but according to the guy it was K Group this one is married into Yangji Group. At best she should have therefore been married into Y Group. Her response that she married to take her revenge seemed like she was joking with her worker (though a clear reference to this drama could be taken) then on top of that she used to date said Co Worker whereas in this drama she only dated Mr. Sun and then married Kwang Ill for her revenge. Hence those two are totally different characters. Still it was fun to see her.

I remember seeing something like this happen a few years back. There was a drama called My Love From Another Star. If anyone hasn’t watched it I highly recommend that they do so. In that drama Suzy makes a cameo in it in one episode and tells the main lead that she failed his class (he was a professor) a few times because he reminded her of her ex-boyfriend. This was clearly a reference of the two actors in the drama Dream High (season 1). To sad that they didn’t get their happily ever after or whichever channel made this new show was jealous of them since Dream High was made my KBS World. Either way such cameos and references are always fun to watch especially if the viewers get them.

Anyway take care all of you guys and keep posting.

15 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

no, plz don't stop :D you are giving a lighter air for the drama, and really the Goof Troop are so comic, and my cutie little child, Minjae's son

I miss @Ameera Ali again and her wonderful gifs :wub: She makes any tragic drama light

also I am very surprised that KI is willing to stay with SW (who can't conceive anymore), and raise up JM who is not his son. I mean he just should remarry and have children. But then he is obsessed with SW and he really loves JM as his own.

There is some sign of compassion on part of DS towards her brother KI, she said that JM was ready to leave his father who brought him up for 12 years and go for his real father TY. I really feel so curious about how KI and DS feel when they learn they are siblings???  They won't get along, because they are both fighting over JM. The only thing they have in common now is that both want to stay with their spouses, despite the lack of love.

If memory serves, SW planned on telling TY about JM.  She told her friend that she knew she could lose JM but thought it was best for his father to reclaim his rightful place.  She planned on divorcing KI and being alone.  She changed her mind when TY said he was getting married.  She said no way she was going to let JM be raised by a step-mom.  In one of the earlier episodes, SW and TY talked about their childhood growing up in foster\adopted homes.  SW didn't have a good experience but I am not certain if it is step-mom or foster mom.  kdramas tend to have their own terminology from the rest of the world and it can be confusing at times to understand the relationship!

Archived