[Drama 2019] Secret Boutique, 시크릿 부티크

larus

23 minutes ago, larus said:

How a man can be so loyal to a master that he is willing to kill for her/ him! :o Now it is not only loyalty or gratitude. He crossed the line a long time ago and it is emotionally trapped too. 

I was referring to Ms Wang who is loyal because of her master. She didn't kill anyone. I quoted you on Butler for the men part, not for Ms Wang... Haha

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, chubbz said:

I was referring to Ms Wang who is loyal because of her master. She didn't kill anyone. I quoted you on Butler for the men part, not for Ms Wang... Haha

I was talking about Hwang. Yes, Ms Wang is loyal to her former master but I don`t question her loyalty because she never crossed the line.

Hwang ... Wang... it is easier to write the wrong name. :D

2 hours ago, triplem said:

Lest I be crucified, I’m not against Jenny but In every drama you get behind the character as you see their vulnerability  . I understand that perhaps why some viewers have a hard time connecting with her is because she’s built a wall around herself. It’s intentional  because the writer needed us to see that she is an indomitable force . I initially had a hard time feeling invested in her journey, but I saw the real her when she cried alone in the bath tub. 

Don't worry.  We all interpret things differently.  And it is exactly because of this,  we are able to enjoy this drama better.  Some may be more articulate in their words than others.  But basically we all are very kind, compassionate people. :heart:

I saw just the part where jenny came to the scene in great style, convinced hyun ji`s mom to go with her. Later, she was at Kim Yeo Ok and Mr Hwang saw how Sun Woo and two men put Hyun Ji`s mom in a box and they threw her in the river. They deceived Mr Hwang, but when they thought they saved her,  Oh Tae-Suk came and kidnapped her. Damn, Ye Nam. You could not stay away. 

In the preview, it looks like Sun woo could not help Hyun Ji`s mom. I don`t think she will be dead. I have a feeling that gangster Jo Yang-Oh will have a plan on his own and maybe he will save her. OMG.... When everything will be over? Jenny, bring down imposter Kim Yeo Ok soon. I can`t take it anymore. :w00t:

Now we have to wait two weeks to know what happends next? :angry:

Singer Jung Ki-go participates in 'Secret Boutique' OST 'My All'… Kim Jae Young's Heartbreaking Love

201910311080729207_1.jpg

Jung Ki-go is a vocalist loved by listeners as a sweet and compelling voice. Since then, he has been loved by releasing songs such as 'I Want You' and 'To Say You'.

This time, Jung Ki-go's song 'My All' is a song that expresses the heart of Yoon Sun-woo (Kim Jae-young) for Jenny Jang (Kim Sun-ah).

One official said, "This drama OST song starts with a simple piano sound and a fantastic combination that leads to a gorgeous string sound at the end is particularly impressive." Good. ”

The SBS  drama 'Secret Boutique' OST Part.2 'My All', which was sung by Jung Ki-go, will be released on various music sites at 6 pm on the 31st.

http://star.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/201910311080729207

Spoiler

I wonder if you know how I feel

when I say your name

Sometimes I feel alone

because you can't hear my heart

I wanna hold you and be

with you forever and ever

You are my life,

breath and light like a heaven

You're so beautiful

y ou're my day and night

Please don't leave me alone

don't you ever leave me

you're my all

Only you you're my dream and love

would you stay by my side

if I walk to you again

Without you I'm nothing

I think of you my flower petal

When I see your eyes sometimes

I feel lonely because you'll be flying away

I wanna hug you and wait for you

please don't say good bye

You are my life breath and light

I know you are

You're so beautiful

you're my day and night

Please don't leave me alone

don't you ever leave me you're my all

if I walk to you again

I'm nothing without you

I don't want your sympathy but

I do want you to know how much you mean to me

You're so beautiful

you're my day and night

please don't leave me alone with my tears

Please stay with me

if I walk to you again

Without you I'm nothing

Without you I'm nothing

You 're my everything

Let me try and recap a couple of important things.. ( apologise that it is not exactly in order of how things happen )

So of course SW went and see HJ before she was sent to jail ...I don't think he told her the reason cause it wasn't exactly a friendly conversation they had there ...poor girl , the hurt in her expression. 

Sigh...anyway in the prison , she was roomed with a few others and like most prison dramas there's always a "leader" who bullies the rest. So anyhow she initially made friends because she explained a baduk move to one of them who was reading it up. She asked the woman she helped to lend her a handphone ( the prisoner had one smuggled in her pocket) ...she called SW and later on Jenny...think she was still angry

Later on when rations of snacks etc came, they gave her a pack. Meanwhile one of the old ladies there in the cell was being somewhat bullied - the rest somewhat loathe her - she's sick . But HJ feeling sorry for her secretly gave her a pack of snacks. Later however, the rest saw and was not happy . They were like who gave this to you and was about to accuse the old woman of stealing ...but suddenly the old woman coughed blood and they had to quickly send her to the clinic. We find out later the old lady is the mother of the gangster. When the old lady was back in the cell, the leader confronted the old woman again . Somehow they found out HJ was the one who gave the snack. So they forced the old lady to smack HJ with a book. Old lady had no choice but to do it. But later on old lady apologised and told HJ her sad story...HJ was  sweet and told her not to worry..even held the old lady's hand. 

Meanwhile , Jogwang group of course lost the bid and Deo got it. Chairwoman happy with Jenny....

But the most important development is that HJ's mum was actually put in a hospital by Ye Nam's cop lover. She seems to be happy getting along with the other patients. The cop came to visit her and they seem to be on good terms . Actually she had amnesia from the wacking on her head...so she did not remember why she ended up there .etc He took her out to buy stuff. Suddenly some metal rods fell near her and it jolted her memory ( it is a miracle I know :P:w00t:) and she suddenly realised who she was and what happened to her. Long story short she made a dash for it and escaped . She hid in one of the fellow patient's house and used her phone to make a call. She did not call the emergency line but called her old colleague. But sadly he too is corrupted and informed Butler Hwang. So KYO knows she is alive.  She tried calling HJ but of course she was in jail ;). Anyhow she realised she could not trust anyone etc.

So Jenny knows about the mum.   But gangster ahjussi does too ...so Jenny, SW and some men go look for her but so does the gangster. Anyhow there was this confrontation scene where both groups tried to convince her to follow them. Fortunately she decided to trust Jenny. But KYO calls Jenny as they were in the car. She wants the mum dead. So SW had to "kill" the mum in front of Butler Hwang. SW and his guys tied the mum up and put her in a luggage bag and threw her over the ravine. Gangster ahjussi saw what happened from afar ...Once Hwang left, we were shown how it was an illusion ...they cut the back of the luggage bag and sneaked out to hide behind the car. ...But oh no...just as we thought everything was fine, Ye Nam 's cop lover comes and catch her ( he hit the other two guys who was driving her ) and tased her. SW was in another car...saw and tried to give chase...but too late. Eps ends with SW informing Jenny on the phone about it and Ye Nam coming face to face with Jenny , giving her famous smirk. 

Preview- the stakes seem to be getting higher but my girl HJ is still stuck in jail. I think the gangster ahjussi will tell her what SW did to her mum...and she goes ballistic...

Darn it , can't believe we won't have episodes next week .

8 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

You’re not the only one ;) 

Girl, that Picasso did it for me. And can I say as far as I am concerned Jenny and Woo fell off their high and mighty hot air balloon after this bone head move toward this young woman. At least give her a heads up. She is on your team after all. It like the abusive parent, hitting their kid, and saying, I am doing this because I love you. PFFT:thumbsdown:

7 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

I’m annoyed too , it was a really jerk move they did the two of them, no reason can make it right  , she trusts  them & wanted to stay next to them . 

Right? They could have done it differently but threw this girl in the garbage heap in order to 'protect' her. Wow, just wow. 

6 hours ago, triplem said:

I feel an apology is needed . The drama was building trust btwn the two ladies over the episodes , so from HJ’s perspective this is a betrayal of sorts. Imagine being in HJ’s shoes & being thrown in jail ( look at the preview , she’s getting beaten up - that ain’t fun )  - at the very least tell her it’s either jail for now or KYO will kill her . I think HJ deserves at least some explanation.

Yes, yes, yes. 

I still think it was a very bad idea throwing this girl in jail without telling her why. It will come back and hurt Jenny and Woo. 

@smhelen like You every time I remember their move I only thought of the saying fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me .

5dbb14d31ee1f190192387.gif?download

just because they are not new to this kind of thinking , once she want him out from prison & wanted to send the poor girl as killer so her precious plan don’t go to waste  , now send her to jail without her agreeing because she care about her safety what next take her organs if they need it :grimace:

2 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

what next take her organs if they need it :grimace:

All what I can say that it is a noir drama. Jenny is not the kind of woman that some of us will like. That's the only way I can explain her behavior. Mark my word, this will end up hurting her and Woo like nothing else. 

3 hours ago, triplem said:

They were like who gave this to you and was about to accuse the old woman of stealing ...but suddenly the old woman coughed blood and they had to quickly send her to the clinic. We find out later the old lady is the mother of the gangster.

I was sure that there has to be a connection with some other character while staying in jail. :w00t: Nothing is just a concidence. Hyun Ji will met gangster Jo Yang-Oh`s mother in prison and she helped her so, one time, Jo Yang Oh will help Hyun Ji when she will be out of prison.

It is a must in dramas.

3 hours ago, triplem said:

Actually she had amnesia from the wacking on her head...so she did not remember why she ended up there .etc He took her out to buy stuff. Suddenly some metal rods fell near her and it jolted her memory ( it is a miracle I know :P:w00t:) and she suddenly realised who she was and what happened to her. Long story short she made a dash for it and escaped .

Of course, and she regained her memory just in time. :lol: By the way, Oh Tae-Suk and Park Joo-Hyun looked good together when they were shopping, before she regained her memory. In another drama, they wcould be a cute couple. :D

It is a soap opera after all. This things had to happen. But I enjoyed watching the episode.

1 hour ago, smhelen said:

I am concerned Jenny and Woo fell off their high and mighty hot air balloon after this bone head move toward this young woman. At least give her a heads up. She is on your team after all.

I totally agree that they should have told her what is going on. I was hoping at least Sun woo would have told her when they met before sending her to prison. I am curious what they talk.

1 hour ago, smhelen said:

I still think it was a very bad idea throwing this girl in jail without telling her why. It will come back and hurt Jenny and Woo. 

If she will decide to revenge on Jenny and Sun woo, I would understand her emotional reaction. I am sure she could damage Jenny`s plan somehow but if she will ally with Jenny`s enemies she will regret later.

1 hour ago, Ameera Ali said:

now send her to jail without her agreeing because she care about her safety what next take her organs if they need it 

Selling her organs? I think this is highly exagerated.

Jenny,  why you wanted to help the girl in the first place? She came to you but you had enough trouble with Kim Yeo Ok to try to help another woman. You should have let her deal personally with Kim Yeo Ok, Jogwang and Mayor Do, gangster Jo, Oh Tae-Suk or Ye Nam or whoever wanted to "talk" to her. Why putting her temporarily in jail? Damn. Sun Woo was right after all.

4 hours ago, triplem said:

Let me try and recap a couple of important things.. ( apologise that it is not exactly in order of how things happen )

So of course SW went and see HJ before she was sent to jail ...I don't think he told her the reason cause it wasn't exactly a friendly conversation they had there ...poor girl , the hurt in her expression.

@triplem Thanks for the recap. I read everything... I'm going to watch on weekend

@larus and everyone. Thank you all soompiers here.. I get the idea now what's happening. I want to add my two cents but haven't watch yet.

And  HJ ... aww . When all HJ wants is to make ends meet, find her her mom and reunite with her in the first place... then she gets all this things done to her.  Life's not fair for HJ. I wanna watch now. But I'll wait for sub.

Yes SW. Exactly...

cr: as tag.

EILH-V6XsAAuioR.jpg

2 hours ago, jongski said:

When all HJ wants is to make ends meet, find her her mom and reunite with her in the first place... then she gets all this things done to her.  Life's not fair for HJ.

Life was not fair for Jenny either, it was not fair for Sun Woo. Life is not fair in general.  At least she will still have her mom after the little hardship. They will reunite eventually. 

It was not cool for Jenny to not tell Hyun Ji what is going on but I really believe that Jenny come up with a plan in a short period of time the best she could. She is looking for her interest as well but she still had her heart in the right place.

When she took the hard road and wanted to bring down Kim Yeo Ok, she knew it won`t be easy. She was a young woman with determination, and she became a  woman who has resolved problems for others. She never crossed the red line but I am sure she made many controversial decisions in her life. Everything is fine for her if she has results. If not Kim Yeo Ok could dispose of her anytime because no matter how capable she is, she does not anything if she doesn`t have a name, a family to back her up.  It is a tough world where everyone want to survive and be on top, to outdo the other. 

When she came up with the plan to succeed in archieving two things with a single action I was surprised but, wow, what a bold move. It was cinical, brazen, precise like a chirurgical cut and not nice at all for the people involved. Yeah, Jenny is not an innocent little flower, that`s for sure. But her plan worked. Many of her plans worked but it will be a time when one of those risque plans won`t work like a clock. Not because she was not inteligent enough to come up with a master plan, but because there are many variables involved. There are people who wants her to not succeed, there are people who has opposite interests.

Jenny has used to win all the time but I knew that it will be a time when she won`t be so lucky. I always thought that the drama will give me this path. And I am looking forward for that moment because it brings more layers to a wonderful character.  We saw that Jenny is not invulnerable, she is not invincible. I always thought that her wake up call will be when Sun woo or Jung Hyuk  will be hurt because of her revenge plan.

There was times when things did not go like she wanted. She wants to see family reunited, she doesn`t want to see families being apart. She tried to help Ye Nam`s biological father the best she could. When he died, she was not responsable, it was out of her control.

But what will happen when someone will be hurt because of her plan? That what I think will happen in the next episode. She almost saved Park Joo-Hyun. If Oh Tae Suk hadn't been there to defend Ye Nam`s interests, she would have been safe. Kim Yeo Ok and Jogwang/ Mayor Do would have been fooled. If something bad will hapen with Park Joo Hyun, Jenny will have a part of blame now. Or maybe jenny will do something else.

This is why I think Sun Woo was upset in the preview and left her side. I don`t know if that `s what I saw in preview but I had a feeling that Sun Woo won`t want to continue. For Sun Woo who puts his heart and conscience online, it was uncomfortable to use a friend but now he has to tell that he could not save her mother? We know that Jenny has a heart too but she tends to block her heart when she come up with her plans. I think Sun woo can`t live with his own guilt anymore. Without knowing what they talked about in the preview, that`s what I think will happen. For Jenny, it will be a terrible blow if Sun Woo won`t be at her side anymore. That`s why I believe that she was crying and felt sick. I also believe that Hyun Ji`s mother will be alive but they won`t know.

It will be interesting to see how Jenny will continue without Sun Woo (at least for now) but I wish that Jung Hyuk will be there for her. Her revenge to bring down Kim Yeo Ok will continue. She doesn`t have other choice. Come on, Jenny! Be strong! I a still on your side.

Too bad I have to wait two weeks to see the upcoming episdoes.

6 hours ago, smhelen said:

Girl, that Picasso did it for me. And can I say as far as I am concerned Jenny and Woo fell off their high and mighty hot air balloon after this bone head move toward this young woman. At least give her a heads up. She is on your team after all. It like the abusive parent, hitting their kid, and saying, I am doing this because I love you. PFFT:thumbsdown:

Woah I just finished an exam and feeling kind of depressed because I think I did poorly, and now I came across a snowstorm of hate and diatribes targeting Jenny lol 

I can't help but see you trying to villainize Jenny so that you can justify your ship. First of all, HJ is not an equal team member. She just joined the Jenny revenge locomotive in less than a month. Even Sunwoo (whom I consider as her highest ranking member in their team) is also out of the loop in many occasions. He doesn't know the details but he delivers. It was only just the last episode, he finally discovers that JH is gay and Jenny has been protecting him because of his sexual identity and that their wedding is a sham. 

I think your imagery of an abusive parent is too strong for this lol Jenny is like a mama bear in the sense that she feels protective for all her clubs, jh, sunwoo, and including hj. 

Right? They could have done it differently but threw this girl in the garbage heap in order to 'protect' her. Wow, just wow. 

Jenny & her baby brother was literally toss in the a mountain of trash. Do you prefer hj to be dead? It was presented as Jenny only option to protect her. You can go to the drama writers and have discussions with him on alternative routes :lol: The results definitely justify the means. 

still think it was a very bad idea throwing this girl in jail without telling her why. It will come back and hurt Jenny and Wo

If it comes to hurt Jenny & Sunwoo, then hj is the biggest idiot in the room only second to yenam. 

6 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

ust because they are not new to this kind of thinking , once she want him out from prison & wanted to send the poor girl as killer so her precious plan don’t go to waste  , now send her to jail without her agreeing because she care about her safety what next take her organs if they need it 

That's completely different. hj agreed to that plan and it went beautifully. Doesn't plans generally turn out for the better when people listen to Jenny? I think to the suggestion where they would go to the point of harvesting her organs is kind of an over-exaggeration lol

3 hours ago, jongski said:

And  HJ ... aww . When all HJ wants is to make ends meet, find her her mom and reunite with her in the first place... then she gets all this things done to her.  Life's not fair for HJ. I

HJ has problems and it matters but it kind of triggers me because I feel like many people are discounting Jenny, jh, and sunwoo sufferings in all their most recent comments. Like if hj faces a small hurdle, a herd of elephant would all go to her corner and trumpet how the world and everyone is out to get her. Like people acknowledge the pain the other three went through but they would lift up hj as the queen of suffering :(

It's like people see  Jenny as Cruella-de-vil. The biggest obstacle they see inflicted upon hj is not her losing her mom, but Jenny. Jenny being in the way for a hot romance between her and Sun woo. 

I would prefer that Jenny tell hj her plans but at the same time I get it. It's not in her non-trusting nature to do so. If we want Jenny to go on a apology tour, hj should join her for all the wrongs she committed against their team and I would dare say even worse. 

They presented hj as a talented go player, someone who doesn't lose. But it looks like her gift in the game hasn't translated well in her personal life esp on their missions. On the first episode, Jenny & Sunwoo saved hj life. Allowing hj to tag along while on her personal quest to save her mother gave her even more security and protection. And because of a huge mistake, she was saved at the last minute by Jenny who not only risk her life but had to give up something that would had prove her innocence. hj also doesn't tell jenny what she plans to do, she just act rash and runs around trying to do things but ends up getting everyone in trouble and causing major setbacks.

JH acknowledges that he's a big reason why Jenny faced many setbacks and why her revenge gets delayed but he didn't make any impulsive moves that dented Jenny plans, it's Jenny afraid of hurting him that cause her plans to stagnate from time to time. HJ on the other hand doesn't apologize for endangering people. Her recklessness contribute to the doctor's death. She willingly protected someone who indirectly assisted in murder by switching medications and would rather have Jenny take the fall and blamed for the death of the CEO just so she can feel good but keeping her word.

Jenny owes hj nothing. @larus made the good observation that if Jenny didn't involved herself around hj, Jenny path would had been more cleared. hj broke the verbal contract with Jenny but Jenny is still doing her best to rescue hj mom. 

to recap: Hj would had been long dead on her solo journey to find the truth of her mom if it wasn't for the lucky encounter of Jenny & Sunwoo. No way she would had made it this far without the secret boutique team. Jenny should apologize but so should Hj and more. Thinking about it, keeping Hj in prison is like the best idea although it's not 100% safe it's better than her running outside and possible running like a headless chicken and making more mistakes with her impulsive nature and ruining Jenny's plans. And if Hj doesn't use her brains in a reasonable time to trust her saviors, then she's a lost cause in my book. She can be confused and  naturally upset for a few moments but if she starts going against Jenny...

12 hours ago, triplem said:

I get that it’s Jenny’s modus operandi - she does as she wishes but it’s eps 10 , characters should evolve . Lest I be crucified, I’m not against Jenny but In every drama you get behind the character as you see their vulnerability  . I understand that perhaps why some viewers have a hard time connecting with her is because she’s built a wall around herself. It’s intentional  because the writer needed us to see that she is an indomitable force . I initially had a hard time feeling invested in her journey, but I saw the real her when she cried alone in the bath tub. 

modus operandi, I learn a new SAT vocab word! Thanks! hahaha 

Well said.

You're right! I'm waiting and hoping for the writer to use more hammers to crack the 1 billion shells and walls covering Jenny. Can we at least have at least one 20 minute scene of Jenny having non-disruptive  fun at like a theme park or a moment where she can't stop smiling and laughing as if she was possessed with laughing gas? I would love to see a scene like that. Why must they delete that baseball scene :tears:

I must admit i'm a little weary after ep11 it felt like the pace was slowing down for a bit and it didn't help that we only got 2 episodes for last 2 weeks. I wasn't that surprised when HyunJi's mom appeared in last nite's episode, the drama has to move forward.  I assumed Jenny anticipate that KYO would send Hwang to indefinitely rid of HyunJi's mom hence the elaborate trick with the suitcase but i was disappointed she didn't figure YN was spying on them. I have no one to suspect here but that butler Hwang. Maybe i was expecting too much of Jenny and i want things to run smoothly for her to end this revenge. This must be that little bump in the road.

1 hour ago, imgreatgal said:

Maybe i was expecting too much of Jenny and i want things to run smoothly for her to end this revenge. This must be that little bump in the road.

I finally watched the previews for the next episode. We can definitely expect more bumps and pot holes for sure lol

im most excited to see Jenny break down and become more emotionally vulnerable, Jenny was crying when Sunwoo was upset at her and walked away in the previews. I might be wrong but It may be the first time in the show where she’s an adult and she’s crying in front of someone where they can see her tears.

Is it just me but I have a sad feeling that jh is going to sacrifice himself and die? And Jenny will learn from Sunwoo that jh told him not to tell her his plans to help her. She’s going to rain not only faucets but waterfalls that can form a new ocean :tears: please writer protect jh too. They’re bosom buddies, kindred spirits just like Anne & Diana in Anne Of Green Gables. 

I watched ity with subtitles.

I like how Hyun Ji reacted when Sun woo went to see her. I like how she wanted to understand the situation without lamenting and she even wanted to find a solution on her own. She called Sun woo and Jenny from prison (she found a way to make a call from a cellphone) and told her that she could call Jogwang next time to get her out of there. Jenny liked that too. Hyun Ji is a strong woman and that`s what Jenny liked about her. If she will side with Jojwang it is OK. It is a fair game.

I had a feeling that Gangster Jo will take Park Joo-Hyun in the end and now I am almost sure. I also thing that he will help Hyun Ji because nothing is a coincidence in dramas.  The old lady will be released from prison and she will return the favor to Hyun Ji. 100% that`s what is going to happen. That`s how the drama works. :lol:

I noticed that Hwang asked Chairwoman Kim if she doesn`t trust Janny Jang as well. So that means that he doesn`t trust her? :phew:

Kim Yeo Ok said it is not that she doesn`t trust Jenny but she doesn`t want her to get any other ideas. She likes to be in control and she doesn`t risk anything.

In the preview... her next victim will be Ye Nam`s husband? The fool went to her to tell her that he knows that his wife is not from Wi family. Jenny gave you the information but she hoped you utilize it better. Now, Kim yeo Ok will tell Oh Tae-Suk that ye Nam could be his if she doesn`t have a husband. I hope he is not another fool to be manipulated by her. But we never know with those men.

Jung Hyuk.... :tears: I understand the guilt you have but please, don`t take the blame yourself. Your mother alone has to pay, not you. It was sad when he said to Ms Wang that he must pay the prize and asked himself if Jenny hated him when she found out the truth about her father. Jenny was a shelter for him all this years but he can`t rely on her from now on.  It was hard for her to hide all those years and hear them talking about their family but I also thing that Jung Hyuk was a shelter for her for all those years. They  really care about each other. Please, writer-nim, let them both be safe.

I hate when good people are suffering and their conscience won't let them live in peace when the real culpables are enjoying their life, having no regrets.

Jenny`s words in the end of the preview... "Whatever happends to me in the end, I must go that road" :tears:

The revenge dramas are heartbreaking and energy sucking. . Not only the hero/ heroine has suffered enough already but the revenge road is full of misery as well. Jenny accepted her destiny but it is hard for people who cares about her to stay and watch it, feeling hopelessness.

I am ready to see the end of the revenge. I really really really hope we have a satisfying ending. I hope the writer will not get easy on Kim Yeo Ok.

6 hours ago, elan1 said:

im most excited to see Jenny break down and become more emotionally vulnerable, Jenny was crying when Sunwoo was upset at her and walked away in the previews. I might be wrong but It may be the first time in the show where she’s an adult and she’s crying in front of someone where they can see her tears.

I think the preview is different from what I assumed. Sun Woo is frustrated that she is doing something her way as usual without listen to others and she will get hurt. It is hard to see the person you care about suffering.  I wish she will listen to Sun woo for once and let him deal with that problem in his own way.

Jenny doesn`t know that Jung Hyuk`s love partner killed himself. She will feel guilty and she will suffer when she will hear the news. I worry about Jung Hyuk as well. I hope overcomes this tragedy. He was depressed. 

Wow. Today I'm late. Everybody has seen ep 11.  I just finished it. It is very draggy & weak.  As if the writer has run out of ideas; just want to prolong the story.   Thanks Elan1 - for speaking up for Jenny.  I'm with you.  I may not be very good with words. But allow me to state my case.  

1) Finally JJ & SW had a meal together.

2) SW told Jenny: "You know I'm like your family."  I've never shipped these 2.  For me, they have always been family. The only one each other have.  But when Jenny saved Sun Woo from drowning, this bond just grew stronger that's all.  No romance

(But because of Hyun Ji, it may now breaks)

3) Hyun Ji  Jenny does Not need her at all.  No.  Yes HJ may have helped Jenny once in an earlier ep when she was negotiating with gangster Jo for the video.  But she has been a loose canon once too.  "A cat among the pigeons".  HJ is more of a liability;  an achilles' heel  for Jenny who already had enough on her plate.  

4) Hyun Ji's mother is also a bit like her.  Her life is already not easy.  I don't know how she became a single-parent.  But why must she burden herself by taking care of a group of prostitutes.  I'm not saying she cannot. Do so if you have the time, money & influence.  Even Hyun Ji didn't like it.

Also, being a Lieutenant, she did not conduct her investigation of the murder (ep 1) in an intelligent way - resulting in this whole disaster

5) Hyun Ji:  The problems she faced in the Prison, are all her own faults & nobody else's. Like her mother, if you already cannot help yourself, why want to meddle in other people's  problems. It is not being Selfish.  Just being practical

And listen to what she said to Sun Woo in the prison: (i) "You decided to side with Jenny like you always do" (what has that got to do with her.  They are a Family. This will results in SW questioning his Loyalty to Jenny)   (ii) Instead of being a nobody, she prefers to be bothersome (that is why she can be a Loose Canon like she has been)

Without these mother & daughter team, Jenny would have defeated KYO & reached her Goal already.  More peace of Mind.  Why did she take in Hyun Ji?  Partly to use her & partly she is soft-hearted.  As someone has said, without Jenny,  Hyun Ji would have been Dead long time ago.

(So why should we blame Jenny?)   

Note:  With the word "people", I mean people in general.  Not us

People are very quick to take sides;  (1) especially when you have a character like Jenny, who keeps her feelings close to her heart; who has to keep a poker-face because she is walking on thin-ice all the time, looking so Tough.  She is someone who can help others without letting them know about it. Let us not "Judge a Book by its Cover".

On the other hand,  young Hyun Ji looks so innocent & inexperienced.  Who asked her to join the Jenny's team?  Nobody. Walk away if you don't want to be used.  Jenny & Sun Woo is a formidable team.  With Hyun Ji, they become vulnerable.

(2) People are very forgetful.  You can do 20 good deeds.  Just fumble once.  And people will hound you for Life with that one Mistake.

(3) Hyun Ji has just lost her Mother for a few months.  Jenny lost everything since she was 8yrs (?)

That is the Reason why I cannot feel for Hyun Ji.  I don't want to hate her.  

7 hours ago, elan1 said:

Is it just me but I have a sad feeling that jh is going to sacrifice himself and die? And Jenny will learn from Sunwoo that jh told him not to tell her his plans to help her. She’s going to rain not only faucets but waterfalls that can form a new ocean :tears: please writer protect jh too. They’re bosom buddies, kindred spirits just like Anne & Diana in Anne Of Green Gables. 

You are not alone.  I have this feeling since the Preview of Ep 10.  Just didn't say it out loud

I'm finally back to kdrama world and watching this up till episode 10!

Give me a while to catch up the drama and the discussion later!

It's giving me the Money Flower vibes and I'm loving it so far!

My Sunni Unnie is amazing here!! :kiss_wink:

In case it is not clear yet, there are people in this thread who are rooting for Hyun Ji, eg. me. Her story is the only reason I am still watching this drama. I want to know what happen to her and her mother even though I know her screen time will be very limited compared to the main character, Jenny.

I know very well this is an open thread for people to freely rant about the drama (character, plot, etc), but I hope it can be done while being considerate to others, meaning, tone down the hate please when there are other people who are clearly rooting for the person you dislike. Geeez, Hyun Ji is not even the villain here... I don't feel for Jenny and don't really care about her revenge arc, but I don't call her names.

With that said, let me respond to some of the things brought up, although I am actually reluctant to get into any discussion because I foresee we will never agree.

2 hours ago, hush puppy said:

3) Hyun Ji  Jenny does Not need her at all.  No.  Yes HJ may have helped Jenny once in an earlier ep when she was negotiating with gangster Jo for the video.  But she has been a loose canon once too.  "A cat among the pigeons".  HJ is more of a liability;  an achilles' heel  for Jenny who already had enough on her plate.  

Jenny used Hyun Ji many times, not because she was forced to, as in no other choice, but because she chose to. So yes, Jenny needs her. They need each other, and they made a deal. Hyun Ji goes to prison in place of Sun Woo, and in return, Jenny protects her "family".

4) Hyun Ji's mother is also a bit like her.  Her life is already not easy.  I don't know how she became a single-parent.  But why must she burden herself by taking care of a group of prostitutes.  I'm not saying she cannot. Do so if you have the time, money & influence.  Even Hyun Ji didn't like it.

Also, being a Lieutenant, she did not conduct her investigation of the murder (ep 1) in an intelligent way - resulting in this whole disaster

5) Hyun Ji:  The problems she faced in the Prison, are all her own faults & nobody else's. Like her mother, if you already cannot help yourself, why want to meddle in other people's  problems. It is not being Selfish.  Just being practical

I am glad there are still kind people like Hyun Ji and her mother, who would selflessly help people immediately without prejudice even though they may be limited in many aspects/resources. Go look around and observe carefully in the real society, locally or globally, it's the same ~ most of the people who have time, money and influence could not be bothered about helping other people. They are mostly haughty, self-serving and self-centered. And when they help, it is usually selective, with agenda or for publicity.

Without these mother & daughter team, Jenny would have defeated KYO & reached her Goal already.  More peace of Mind.  Why did she take in Hyun Ji?  Partly to use her & partly she is soft-hearted.  As someone has said, without Jenny,  Hyun Ji would have been Dead long time ago.

(So why should we blame Jenny?)   

So let her die then. Why would Jenny want to bother with her....? Oh yes, the writer wanted to write some drama involving these two. They got entangled because one is fervently looking for her missing mother and would do anything to find her, while the other one is seeking revenge and would do anything to reclaim what belongs to her. Why is the blame on Hyun Ji then?

On the other hand,  young Hyun Ji looks so innocent & inexperienced.  Who asked her to join the Jenny's team?  Nobody. Walk away if you don't want to be used.  Jenny & Sun Woo is a formidable team.  With Hyun Ji, they become vulnerable.

She never begged to join Jenny's team too. Jenny has the power to refuse her joining too. Why would Jenny let her join then? If Jenny thinks she is a liability and a threat to her formidable team, would she have let her into the team? She clearly thinks higher about Hyun Ji than the youngest Wi.

(3) Hyun Ji has just lost her Mother for a few months.  Jenny lost everything since she was 8yrs (?)

The pain of losing loved ones so suddenly cannot be measured by the time that passed. Just because Jenny lost everything since longer time ago, she has more right to fight for happiness, for closure? And Hyun Ji should just hold it in and give in to the circumstances? Maybe grieve later and fight back later?  

In anyways, the writer has made it so that Hyun Ji is written into the story, into the lives of Jenny and Sun Woo. There must be a reason, I am guessing: plot development. Why not just sit back and enjoy the rest of the drama instead of tearing apart characters that are actually the main thread weaving recent happenings along the revenge journey of Jenny. The character of Hyun Ji and her mother are introduced since the first episode, and I believe they will be around until the last episode because of their important roles in the story.

3 hours ago, hush puppy said:

They became vulnerable when they took Hyun Ji because they let the guard down a little with her. They used her as a team member and she did a good job too not only caused troubles. I personally like that she was on the team and that both Jenny and Sun woo became close to her. I understand both positions. I understand why Hyun Ji is dissapointed but I understood why Jenny did what she did. I liked how Hyun Ji figured out that Jenny had something in her way that she decided to turn her back on her. She doesn`t know the whole story right now but she  "read" them/ the situation well.

It is sad when people from the same team turn against each other but the situation will be clarified someday. I think Hyun Ji will help Jenny and Sun woo later. We`ll see.

3 hours ago, hush puppy said:

People are very forgetful.  You can do 20 good deeds.  Just fumble once.  And people will hound you for Life with that one Mistake.

Oh, sadly it is true.

In the drama, Kim Yeo Ok is doing the same with Jenny. No matter that she helped the family with good results for 20 years, when she could not do the same, she will be dispensable. She became her daughter in law but she still sees her as an employee.

We saw that Kim Yeo Ok likes Jenny that she is efficiant but she will show no mercy when she find out about who she is. Her biggest nightmare will be in front of her. If she wants to kill someone just knowing a litle dirt secret on her, imagine what she will do to Jenny.

From the preview, we saw that the plan almost succeds. I am sure something will went wrong. Kim yeo ok won`t go down that easily. Ufff..

32 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

In case it is not clear yet, there are people in this thread who are rooting for Hyun Ji, eg. me. Her story is the only reason I am still watching this drama. I want to know what happen to her and her mother even though I know her screen time will be very limited compared to the main character, Jenny.

I know very well this is an open thread for people to freely rant about the drama (character, plot, etc), but I hope it can be done while being considerate to others, meaning, tone down the hate please when there are other people who are clearly rooting for the person you dislike. Geeez, Hyun Ji is not even the villain here... I don't feel for Jenny and don't really care about her revenge arc, but I don't call her names.

I don't think I have been Inconsiderate or Hateful.  Clearly this is not the right place for me. I will not join in again.

Archived