[Drama 2019] Secret Boutique, 시크릿 부티크

larus

9 hours ago, smhelen said:

Hello, fellow fans. I just finished all nine  episodes of this amazing drama. I am so hooked. I have a question: I am confused on who loves who? Is Jenny Jang in love with Yoon Sun Woo & Wi Jung Hyuk? And, is she jealous from the obvious attraction between Yoon Sun Woo and Wi Ye Nam? 

I really hope they put that imposter, murdering thief Kim Yeo Ok in jail. 

Welcome to this thread. I am glad you like this addicted drama. We have a strong heroine and a women centric drama.

We will cheer when this terrible woman Kim Yeo Ok will be put in jail.

About romances. Like you have observed already it is not very clear to what extend jenny`s feelings are romantic for both men. She doesn`t express her feelings at all, plus, like she already mentioned, she deliberatly put her romantic feelings/ needs as a woman on hold to concentrate on her revenge.

As I`ve mentioned already, I think the writer did not make very clear those feelings to create tension between the characters.

In the upcoming episodes, we`ll know more about Jenny`s feelings and in what direction the writer is taking the characters (about the "romance") but it is possible that she won`t have a love line at all.

Jenny had a crush on Jung Hyuk when she was 18, but she found out that he is gay and she kept his secret until these days. They became best friends. She cares about him and she is feeling guilty because she realised that her revenge will broke the relationship between them. I hope it is not the case.

She knows Sun Woo from her younger days, they grew up together in the orphanage. She had a deep influence on him. He loves her very much but now, she doesn`t show that she reciprocates his feelings. To his frustration, she doesn`t share her feelings with him.

Jenny knows about Sun woo`s feelings but she doesn`t do anything to adress them (like she is ignoring them). I think she is not indifferent to his feelings because we saw how she smiled when Sun woo was looking at her on the boat but I think the show is going for a romance between Sun woo and Hyun Ji. We`ll see.

4 hours ago, smhelen said:

Thank you for giving me a much needed relief that Ye Nam is not even close to a budding romance.

If Jenny would have shown interest in Sun Woo, Ye Nam definetly will want him too. :lol: Her younger sister has a crush on Sun woo instead but not a chance he will like her.

8 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I’m hoping it’s a good sign that KYO will get her just desserts. I hope there’s no mercy for her in the end. She needs to serve serious time in jail. 

Yes, jail time will be appropiate for her. To be satisfied, Jenny has to win and to live her live surrounded by friends.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, celebrianna said:

Korean drama shows like these too often make viewers sit through 15/16 episodes of the villain’s crimes and then deliver a lame ending. However, I think this drama shows promise in that so far Jenny invariably manages to defeat the strategies of the bad actors even when spontaneous problems arise. I’m hoping it’s a good sign that KYO will get her just desserts. I hope there’s no mercy for her in the end. She needs to serve serious

Let’s get it jenny! :glasses:

I think chief Kim and fiery priest did a phenomenal job in making me enjoy the revenge from beginning to end, I recommend you check them out if you haven’t already. 

Spectacular Jenny Jang

Kim Sun A who returned back in a strong character with "Secret Boutique" as Jenny Jang personally introduced their 1,000 square meters filming set.

Spoiler

I don`t think I saw this picture, like a poster, officially released. Jenny is in red, at Wi mansion, looking at Kim Yeo Ok and her children from the balcony.

ac0b5d78bf54360dcf6a02ebd80d6965d2ded645

I seriously love Jenny’s wardrobe. She alwayS looks so fabulous 

I hope Jang Hyuk has a good plan and something up his sleeve . This is not only hurting Jenny but Sun Woo too who looked up to his Hyung 

SBS did a special for Go Min Si and her character Hyun Ji . Love this actress whom I last saw in Live 

14 hours ago, larus said:

I think the writer did not make very clear those feelings to create tension between the characters.

Araso, araso. This tension is killing me especially when you wrote

14 hours ago, larus said:

She knows Sun Woo from her younger days, they grew up together in the orphanage. She had a deep influence on him. He loves her very much but now, she doesn`t show that she reciprocates his feelings. To his frustration, she doesn`t share her feelings with him.

Jenny knows about Sun woo`s feelings but she doesn`t do anything to adress them (like she is ignoring them). I think she is not indifferent to his feelings because we saw how she smiled when Sun woo was looking at her on the boat

I want Woo to like Hyun Ji. I want them to have a lot of kisses. :wub:

1 hour ago, smhelen said:

I want Woo to like Hyun Ji. I want them to have a lot of kisses. 

One will be too much because that`s the kdrama style. :w00t:

5 hours ago, triplem said:

I hope Jang Hyuk has a good plan and something up his sleeve . This is not only hurting Jenny but Sun Woo too who looked up to his Hyung 

I agree. I don`t think it is a good idea when a character decided to break up with someone he cares about because of an unknown plan, with many uncontrollable variables.

If he will break up with Jenny because he wants to give her a chance to find love, I would have agreed. But Jenny is still focused on her revenge.  The break up per se, it is not a bad idea, but I don`t trust that his plan will work.  We`ll see.

Now that Jung Hyuk wants to play the role of bad guy, he won`t support Jenny openly, he can`t be there for her when she will need help. 

But I totally believe that he still wants to support his best friend, he cares about her. 

Let`s enjoy watching two episodes this week. Next time we`ll have two episodes after two weeks.

14 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

Really!  2 episodes this week?:w00t:  I thought we'll only have 1

Yes, two episodes this week and then we`ll wait for two weeks for another episodes.

I can`t wait to watch RAW and then with subtiles today`s episode. I saw just glimses of some scenes.

Hyun Ji was arrested. Someone made a fake video with her sending an envelope (bribe?) to a man. Instead of that baduk player woman there was another man.

Sun Woo is watching Hyun Ji from afar. Maybe he knows that she can be in danger.

The shocking moment was when it was revealed that Jung Hyuk knew who was Doyoung from the beginning. When they were young, he saw the family picture. It was a coincidence that she sent to work for her family. Jenny was surprised when she was a picture of her father at the mansion.

Sun Woo finds out that Jung hyuk is gay.

I want to watch the whole episode when it is avalable.

28 minutes ago, larus said:

Hyun Ji was arrested. Someone made a fake video with her sending an envelope (bribe?) to a man. Instead of that baduk player woman there was another man.

Sun Woo is watching Hyun Ji from afar. Maybe he knows that she can be in danger.

I watched live ..so from what I understand ..  he & Jenny knew she would be set up .Sun woo found out first that HJ would be falsely accused  & confronts Jenny saying they can’t do this to HJ . But Jenny says they have no choice but to go along with it . He was super unhappy but as usual he never betrays Jenny . But I am mad as hell right now cuz Jenny is using HJ without telling her . ( I hope in the bigger scheme of things , it’s to protect HJ from KYO) 

He goes and watch HJ from afar at the market . He is feeling bad on what will befall her .It’s her mum’s bday . Her friend says let’s call Sun Woo . HJ did not Want to , but the friend did . Surprisingly he agreed . He went to the doorstep of the house with cake , but he could not bring himself to go in . 

next day he texted  her , asked  her to meet him at cafe . It was to set her up to be caught by the prosecutors . He just watch her from afar & tip off the prosecutors . Then she was going to leave the cafe since he didn’t show up ( he was across the road watching her ) . Then suddenly the gangsters showed up wanting to catch HJ. Sun woo ran to save her but the prosecutors came in time . They catch her saying she was a spy . She says no ...she calls out to sun woo ...but he had to look away ..( sorry to say this ship won’t be sailing ) . The feeling of betrayal on HJ face as she called for Sun Woo to help & he just couldn’t :heartbreak: . ( the stills of him playing baseball was after this because he was so mad at Jenny & himself ) 

Also another important development- JH tells his mum , he wants to divorce jenny. Youngest Wi sis overheard and later on tells SW . Don’t think Jenny knows yet . SW follows JH , sees him at an apartment with a woman. Think JH is cheating on Jenny.  Actually that was the sister of his dead lover . He went to see the studio where he stayed before he died . Later on SW confront JH.  Of course SW boxes JH twice for not being sincere with Jenny ...but as they argued , something SW said made JH so mad he boxed   him back . I think later SW finds out about JH’s reason - need subs- I am not sure if JH tells SW about Jenny’s real parents but actually JH already knew from Long time ago Jenny is the real Wi . He saw the pic in her wallet . So all the more I think he is divorcing her to protect her . 

preview - my poor Hyun Ji is gonna be beaten in jail . Urghh . I am not sure if she will be able to trust Jenny & SW now . 

( KJY was great - some solid  emotional performances by Sun Woo tonight. ) 

24 minutes ago, larus said:

The shocking moment was when it was revealed that Jung Hyuk knew who was Doyoung from the beginning. When they were young, he saw the family picture. It was a coincidence that she sent to work for her family. Jenny was surprised when she was a picture of her father at the mansion.

Sun Woo finds out that Jung hyuk is gay.

1) If Jung Hyuk already know who Jenny is, then we can be pretty sure, he will not harm her

2) But Sun Woo finds out JH is Gay.  Now this should be interesting. I guess that is why both guys fight it out

1 hour ago, triplem said:

But I am mad as hell right now cuz Jenny is using HJ without telling her . ( I hope in the bigger scheme of things , it’s to protect HJ from KYO) 

As much as it’s not good, I think it’s in line with Jenny character to not explains what she plans to do to anybody esp in details. If she knows early on that hj was going to be set up, there’s no way she doesn’t have a counter plan. She cares for hj too much at her detriment. I think it’s realistic that Jenny doesn’t tell hj, most of her actions to help people, she just do things without explaining like leaving Sunwoo at the restaurant to console jh. She clearly needs to work on her communication skills tho but that’s just how she operates lolllll 

I’m guessing that Jenny knew the gangsters was going to come and get hj and perhaps the best way to protect her at the moment is to put her in prison? And if Jenny told hj that was her way to protect her, she’s going to disagree and won’t allow it to happen? Idk just a theory :lol:

1 hour ago, triplem said:

He goes and watch HJ from afar at the market . He is feeling bad on what will befall her .It’s her mum’s bday

Awww poor hj. Don’t worry mom mostly likely is still alive! 

1 hour ago, larus said:

The shocking moment was when it was revealed that Jung Hyuk knew who was Doyoung from the beginning

Why did he have to hide this fact that he knew this about her? : ( 

4 hours ago, triplem said:

But I am mad as hell right now cuz Jenny is using HJ without telling her . ( I hope in the bigger scheme of things , it’s to protect HJ from KYO) 

I am not worried at all. Jenny has the difficult mission and responsability to keep them all safe. It is better in prison than dead. Plus, Jenny will take her out eventually. Of course, Sun Woo is feeling guilty that he could not do something to protect her from this situation but it was inevitable. Remember, Kim Yeo Ok told Jenny flat out that she has to resolve the situation or she will take care of it. She doesn`t kidding.

I wondered how Jenny will act in this situation. Maybe the better action was for her is to disappear from sight (stay safe somewhere) until her mom will be found but the writer could not take this road.

I can`t say if Jenny`s plan is good but I am sure she could not find a better plan. She cares for Hyun Ji and she doesn`t want her to be hurt badly.

Maybe the writer wanted to complicate the situation. Hyun Ji, being dissapointed in Jenny (and Sun woo), would take Kim Yeo Ok`s hand. I hope not.

2 hours ago, elan1 said:

Why did he have to hide this fact that he knew this about her? : ( 

I was shocked to see that Jung Hyuk knew all along that Jenny is Wi Chang soo`s daughter. So, he knew that she has a good reason to take his mother down. And he knows that his mother won`t hesitate to hurt Jenny if she knows who she really is. But my question is: Why worrying now? Because there is another person who knows ? Ms Wang?

2 hours ago, elan1 said:

She clearly needs to work on her communication skills tho but that’s just how she operates lolllll 

of course, but then where will be the drama? :D

I wonder how HJ will get out of prison. Maybe, Jojwang will get her out under the condition of working for them. After all, Deo group was the one whom messed up her life when they did that to her mom. Now, Jenny Jang and Sun Woo betrayed her, so she may seek revenge. 

After all, the main theme of the show is "revenge". 

I'm personally all for HJ going the revenge path. :lol:

11 minutes ago, mqiuwen said:

I wonder how HJ will get out of prison. Maybe, Jojwang will get her out under the condition of working for them. After all, Deo group was the one whom messed up her life when they did that to her mom. Now, Jenny Jang and Sun Woo betrayed her, so she may seek revenge.

We`ll see how the things will go. If the writer wants to keep her relevant for the story, he has to involved her with other characters. She has to be upset/ dissapointed in the Jenny`s team to go in another route. She grows as a character this way.  Without conflict, there will be not progress for her in this show. It`s a win- win situation in my book.  And I trust Jenny. :)

17 minutes ago, larus said:

She has to be upset/ dissapointed in the Jenny`s team to go in another route. She grows as a character this way.  Without conflict, there will be not progress for her in this show. It`s a win- win situation in my book.  And I trust Jenny.

I would be sincerely disappointed if hj doesn't at least contemplate the notion that perhaps they're doing this to protect her. Because early on in the show, she helped out Jenny by reading the gangster physical gestures. So can she please read them? And the only people that has been helping her this far is only Jenny X Sunwoo, and for her not to try to figure out their motive and at least have some faith in them would make it kind of sad. And Sunwoo early on when he gave hj a chance to run away, warned her that Jenny may use her. And she was basically okay with that. 

I don't know if anyone here watched Maleficent 2, but it enraged me so much that princess auoroa would listen to the words of strangers over the person who raised her since she was a baby...she turned against her own mother quicker than snapping your fingers. i hope hj won't do the same hahahahaha 

26 minutes ago, elan1 said:

I would be sincerely disappointed if hj doesn't at least contemplate the notion that perhaps they're doing this to protect her. Because early on in the show, she helped out Jenny by reading the gangster physical gestures. So can she please read them? And the only people that has been helping her this far is only Jenny X Sunwoo, and for her not to try to figure out their motive and at least have some faith in them would make it kind of sad. And Sunwoo early on when he gave hj a chance to run away, warned her that Jenny may use her. And she was basically okay with that. 

Let see if she is capable to play in the high league. :lol: This is not a place for anybody.

I did not watch with subtitles, I don`t have any idea what Jenny said. It is normal that Hyun ji would be dissapointed with Jenny and of course, Sun woo. If I understood corectly, it seems that Jenny let things go this route to save her from gangsters.

Hyun Ji should be angry because It is not easy to go to jail. It is her life they are playing after all.  But she won`t stay long there.

Let see if her trust in Jenny and Sun woo will be strong. It will be interesting to see how things will go from there.

I feel sorry for Sun woo. It was not his plan but he has to take responsability as well. He became a complice of Jenny the moment he did not tell Hyun ji what`s going on. But if he likes him enough and trusts him, she will realise their point eventually, she will understand. I hope the jail will be safe but we know bad things happens there.

Sadly, beeing involved with J Boutique business and with Jenny`s revenge, there are collateral victims. Like Hyun ji said, maybe there will be a pay off for her in the end of this fight. She joined Jenny`s team for finding her mom and we all hope they will be reunited.

Archived