[Drama 2019] Secret Boutique, 시크릿 부티크

larus

19 hours ago, larus said:

In her defence, she doesn`t talk about her feelings with nobody, not even with Jung Hyuk. She was worried for Jung Hyuk because he needed her help (because of events in his life) and because he was in her vicinity (she is living with the man). She will do the same for Sun woo if he needs her help.

You are so right, I didn’t think about it. She really hasn’t disclosed her true thoughts or feelings verbally to anyone... and that’s actually makes me feel more sad on her behalf. Because that’s so unhealthy bottling everything on the inside, all these long years :tears: Again you are correct, she was hecka worried when Sunwoo was arrested and in prison for a short stint. 

20 hours ago, triplem said:

uys , I really hate baseball now ... cancellation of episodes on Nov 6 & 7 . Many SBS dramas affected 

Hey Jenny, can you take me as an apprentice? I want to go on my own journey of vengeance but against sbs and baseball lol

18 hours ago, chubbz said:

second this. I saw a few who wrote that Jenny and SW didn’t trust HJ at the beginning, but I feel otherwise. Jenny was quite inclined towards HJ from very early on, which is why SW was worried and wary. But his worry and wariness was not because he did not trust HJ’s character, but because HJ is a chip on the wall of defence they have built.

This is what made it so unrealistic for me. Once again, people with trust issues accepting someone into their world at the speed of light. I fault the writer in this. They are people with a cold exterior but have a warm heart to help others but they shouldn’t be including her in their operation and warming up to her instantaneously. She didn’t really do anything momentous to deserve such special treatment. 

18 hours ago, chubbz said:

All along, he would simply report everything to Jenny by default, but when HJ is in the picture, he suddenly finds himself struggling to do the same

Yup he was struggling with this since their first interaction, it’s really far-fetched for a character like Sunwoo hahaha 

14 hours ago, larus said:

I don`t know why Jenny wanted to marry him in the first place, for her plan.  Maybe she wated to have acces to more inside informations, to be more close to the family but I think she will work for Kim Yeo Ok after divorce as well.

Yeah it doesn’t make much sense to me either but maybe, she’s doing this so she can flaunt in front of her new family on a daily basis, it was funny seeing yenam reactions at the diner table whenever Jenny comes in :lol: Also, having the title of daughter in law of that family gives her more prestige, power, and resources to help her on her mission. You have to enter the lion den if you want to take it down from inside and out. That’s my assumption. 

7 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

This is like the third time I've seen the name Jenny used in dramas...the other being the member of a K-Pop girl group. Also my late mother's name is Jenny

Awwww. Sorry about the loss of your mother. Welcome to the secret boutique forum. 

5 hours ago, monalisa said:

think YN's bio dad didn't die. YN could have had her lover faked his death.

I’ll be surprised because yn isn’t the most coherent or intelligent character in the show. And it would take away another driving force for her to turn against her wicked mother.

2 hours ago, chubbz said:

She misses the DY she used to rely on but yet is jealous of how Jenny always "appear" to be placed in higher regard by her mother, despite her "lowly status". The flashback of teenage her sharing the diary of her supposed father with DY hints at her longing for her father and how she relied on DY. If she simply saw DY as a "servant" and nothing more, she would not have shared those intimate thoughts.

She definitely missed out on a good friend in Jenny by acting insecure and arrogant. You made many good points. she wronged Jenny way too much for them to become friends in the future but it’s going to be a grand party seeing them team up to take that trash that doesn’t deserve to be inside a trash can down lol 

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@chubbz

It doesn't change the fact I still don't like her but then 'gain, I've only watched 4 ep. so far.. She comes across like a child, even the way she walks at times ha-ha. Her constant need to upstage Jenny makes for some very amusing results. 

I do get that she does it to gain affection/attention from her mom but it's so immature the way she handles it LoL. Again, I'm sure she'd improve in later ep. Who knows? 

Jenny's like a "fixer" for the elite & she's obviously good at it. The 1st ep. where the police guy did the clean up after the mayor is reflective of recent sandals involving some K-Pop celebs~ How they have their own crew to come & clean any trace of evidence at a crime scene yikes. 

I haven't watched that. But I do plan on watching "Woman of Dignity" as I read that it's similar to her role here.. There's just too much to watch on my list right now Lol?! The only other drama of Sun Ah's I enjoyed was "Scent of a Woman". I love the actress who plays her MIL aka Chairwoman Kim - her voice is very soothing to listen to~

Thanks for the welcome @elan1

19 minutes ago, triplem said:

looks like they spent a lot of BTS time playing catch but never showed it 

LOL they should keep their day job. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise that Sunwoo gave up his dream to be a professional baseball player to become a lawyer. He’s not good. :lol:

@Latte_Anyday I was also quite amused by YN at the beginning, seeing her futile attempts to outsmart Jenny and knowing it will backfire on her. That was when I saw a 1D YN. But as the story developed, I saw other facets of her, which made me see her in a slightly different light, hence my previous post :)

As to many dramas on the list, I'm somewhat following 7 concurrent dramas now but effectively watching only two. The others, I'm just reading recaps or discussions haha

1 hour ago, elan1 said:

LOL they should keep their day job. Maybe it was a blessing in disguise that Sunwoo gave up his dream to be a professional baseball player to become a lawyer. He’s not good. :lol:

No No No. Sun Wu is good at baseball. You`ll see in the next episode. :D

5 hours ago, hush puppy said:

I think Jung Hyuk divorce Jenny to gain his mother's trust. He knows his mum does not really trust or like Jenny. But we have to wait and see if : 1)  he will remain a steadfast friend to Jenny    or  2) he will discard her

But as you have said, that is so unlike his Profile. So we still have a chance......

This is what I assume. Other than that, I don`t see how he will do to help Jenny being divorced.

He knows what his mother is capable. I also think it was a shock to see that she is the real daughter of Wi Chang Soo. Maybe he feels guilty as well. He remembered the time when he, his mother and his sisters met the first time Wi Dong-Seob.  I know that he always knew that he is not the son of Wi Chang Soo but maybe he knows that his sisters are not from the family as well. I am so currious to know if he knows.

He asked Ms Wang to not tell his mother anything because he knows that Do-Young will be in danger if she will find out now.

BTW, It must be awkard for him to be considered Wi Chang Soo`s son and now married with his real daughter.

3 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

It doesn't change the fact I still don't like her but then 'gain, I've only watched 4 ep. so far.. She comes across like a child, even the way she walks at times ha-ha. Her constant need to upstage Jenny makes for some very amusing results. 

I do get that she does it to gain affection/attention from her mom but it's so immature the way she handles it LoL. Again, I'm sure she'd improve in later ep. Who knows? 

I don`t think it was intended to make her a likeble character but I apreciate that the writer gave her some background. I still don`t like her but I am not hating her.

She has an inferior complex and knows deep inside that Jenny is better than her in every way, but she always had the status in her competition with Jenny. Let see when she will find out that Jenny is the real heiress of Wi family.

Ye Nam is pathetic. When I saw her showing the pictures of her supposed father to Jenny, fantasizing a connection with him even when she did not have any memory of him, I felt sorry for her. Do Young did not say anything, I am sure it was not easy to listen to Ye Nam talking about her dad, but I saw compassion in Doyoung`s eyes, not hate. It is admirable that Doyoung was so mature to know who is to blame. She wants the imposter down. Inevitable, her children will be the collateral victims.

Kim Yeo Ok gave her three children a luxurious home, a high class family but she never gave them unconditionate love and understanding. Jung Hyuk and Ye Nam don`t have a good relationship with their mother.  I don`t know about Ye Eun. We need to know more about her. She has the same arrogance of her older sister but she looks more capable than her.  We`ll see.

I think Jenny has No time for Romance.  She has to exact her Revenge first.  Imagine being left to die with yr just born baby brother in a nailed box; in a garbage dump.  How cruel can one be??

Sun Woo had told HJ before, after Jenny had save & then slapped her. That Jenny does not want to have any friends because that would only results in her being Vulnerable - weaknesses for her enemies to pounce on.

Jun Hyuk is the closest she gets to feeling romantic.  Ah....  but then he is Gay.  But then again, this could be a Blessing in Disguise.  Otherwise she could be distracted, hesistant....  because she has to consider Jun Hyuk when she needs to strike at Kim Yeo Ok.

37 minutes ago, triplem said:

Oh my -what’s HJ doing in jail? Upcoming stills 

I don`t know. Maybe J Boutique team needs her there to find out inside informations. Or maybe, the Ye Nam or her mother were plotting to destroy her and framed her for something.

It looks like every member of the Jenny`s team has to spend some time in jail. Jenny was there, Sun Woo as well. It is time for Hyun Ji to visit the jail for a while. :D

29 minutes ago, hush puppy said:

I think Jenny has No time for Romance.  She has to exact her Revenge first.  Imagine being left to die with yr just born baby brother in a nailed box; in a garbage dump.  How cruel can one be??

Yeah, she doesn`t have time or the peace of mind and heart to have romantic feelings. She deliberately put her life on hold and concentrate only on her plan of revenge. It is sad actually. That`s why I want her to succed quickly as possible.

She doesn`t want only Kim Yeo Ok down, she wants to regain past glory for Wi family.

I would not had patience to wait so much as Jenny. :D

I can`t imagine how cruel it was for Kim Yeo Ok to came up such plan to get rid of two innocent children. Any other attempts to kill two children it would have been terrible as well. But imagine how horible it would have been if Mr Wang could not saved them on time.

Kim Yeo Ok is a monster. I can`t bear to see Jenny under her command anymore, being angry at her that something bad is happening to her family and putting her to resolve the problems.

8 hours ago, larus said:

No No No. Sun Wu is good at baseball. You`ll see in the next episode. :D

HAHAHA looking forward to it!

8 hours ago, larus said:

TW, It must be awkard for him to be considered Wi Chang Soo`s son and now married with his real daughter.

LOL 

7 hours ago, larus said:

It looks like every member of the Jenny`s team has to spend some time in jail. Jenny was there, Sun Woo as well. It is time for Hyun Ji to visit the jail for a while.

It's part of the rush, a hazing,  a requirement to join a the secret boutique fraternity hahaha

7 hours ago, larus said:

I would not had patience to wait so much as Jenny.

a twenty year plus revenge in the making...I barely have enough patience with SBS and their baseball games lol

7 hours ago, larus said:

I can`t imagine how cruel it was for Kim Yeo Ok to came up such plan to get rid of two innocent children. Any other attempts to kill two children it would have been terrible as well. But imagine how horible it would have been if Mr Wang could not saved them on time.

Kim Yeo Ok is a monster. I can`t bear to see Jenny under her command anymore, being angry at her that something bad is happening to her family and putting her to resolve the problems.

Calling her a monster is an offence to monsters lol 

I think the best punishment for KYO on top of a life sentence in prison is Jenny having a happy life and flaunting it and dancing circles over her at least once a week :D

24 minutes ago, elan1 said:

I think the best punishment for KYO on top of a life sentence in prison is Jenny having a happy life and flaunting it and dancing circles over her at least once a week :D

I worry about the ending because not many kdramas have a good ending. I hope we have, a least, a satisfying ending. I don`t dream for a great ending.

Kim Yeo Ok will be punished but like I said  earlier, she lived her live fully. For me, as well, the best ending is Jenny and of course, Sun woo, having a happy life after the revenge is over.

from filming Jenny and Sun woo

1 hour ago, larus said:

I worry about the ending because not many kdramas have a good ending. I hope we have, a least, a satisfying ending. I don`t dream for a great ending.

Sigh Agreed. I loved Graceful family until the last episode. It was a disgrace. I don't like it when the villains did not get the punishment they deserved and certain people who suffered deserved a second chance or at least sympathy but the writers were cruel. And the romance was so limited, it would had been better if they didn't include it. 

Me too please drama deities, please give us satisfying ending! 

On 10/27/2019 at 5:56 PM, larus said:

Again, in the preview, he will go to Hyun Ji`s place and asked her to come out ouside to tell her something. He has a cake in his hand. On the box is written "congratulations".

I can already guess where this is headed to. I'm disliking this even more. 

Seeing how they said the second half of the drama, hyun ji will be the main focus, I lose interest immediately. There must be budding romance going on and it defeats the reason why I watch this drama in the first place. 

I guess this will be my last post here. 

Is this also for secret boutique? I really like Jenny look in this, so casual. It’s different without her suits and her heavier make up.

was this scene already shown? I didn’t watch last 2 episodes completely. 

1 hour ago, elan1 said:
Is this also for secret boutique? I really like Jenny look in this, so casual. It’s different without her suits and her heavier make up.

was this scene already shown? I didn’t watch last 2 episodes completely. 

I remember that scene. It was in the earlier episodes. She was jogging and someone (maybe Ye Nam`s daughter) called and asked for money. Jenny found out that Ms Wang is at Jeju Island, realizing she is asking at the orphanage about her. I hope I did not mess up the scenes.

Kim Sun-ah, Jang Mi-hee, and Park Hee-bon shook up the scene by unleashing the micro-fiber emotion acting to take advantage of the strength and weakness for the strange nerve warfare that announces the beginning of the “triple war.”

201910291073711699_1.jpg

The production team said, "Kim Seon-ah, Jang Mi-hee, Park Hee-bon, a professional who sublimates even one small tremor by acting," and said, "Let's look forward to the unique lady confrontation of" Secret Boutique. "

(Google translate)

http://star.hankookilbo.com/News/Read/201910291073711699

Hello, fellow fans. I just finished all nine  episodes of this amazing drama. I am so hooked. I have a question: I am confused on who loves who? Is Jenny Jang in love with Yoon Sun Woo & Wi Jung Hyuk? And, is she jealous from the obvious attraction between Yoon Sun Woo and Wi Ye Nam? 

I really hope they put that imposter, murdering thief Kim Yeo Ok in jail. 

Now, I will go back and read all the pages on this forum. 

@larus, I also hope that this drama has a satisfying ending. I need KYO to pay big time for what she did to Jenny, her baby brother, her mom and her grandfather. Every time I see KYO shamelessly sitting like a queen in that mansion it irritates me even more. I hope this writer at least delivers.

Korean drama shows like these too often make viewers sit through 15/16 episodes of the villain’s crimes and then deliver a lame ending. However, I think this drama shows promise in that so far Jenny invariably manages to defeat the strategies of the bad actors even when spontaneous problems arise. I’m hoping it’s a good sign that KYO will get her just desserts. I hope there’s no mercy for her in the end. She needs to serve serious time in jail. 

@elan1, regarding Graceful Family,

from the first few episodes I knew the end would be disappointing. I said it in the thread and also on MDL. The lady was set up too invincible from the start.

1 hour ago, smhelen said:

Hello, fellow fans. I just finished all nine broadcasts episodes of this amazing drama. I am so hooked. I have a question: I am confused on who loves who? Is Jenny Jang in love with Yoon Sun Woo & Wi Jung Hyuk? And, is she jealous from the obvious attraction between Yoon Sun Woo and Wi Ye Nam? 

I really hope they put that imposter, murdering thief Kim Yeo Ok in jail. 

Now, I will go back and read all the pages on this forum. 

Hello dear . Jenny loves Jung Hyuk ever since they were teenagers , but JH is gay and only treats Jenny as his best friend. She’s also resigned to that , and treats him like her best friend . Sun Woo loves  his noona Jenny since he was a young boy but she has not reciprocated, treats him like family  . There’s potential budding love line btwn Sun Woo & Hyun Ji ( the baduk player ) as per preview . But definitely no attraction or love line whatsoever btwn Sun Woo & Ye Nam :lol:

17 hours ago, larus said:

Kim Yeo Ok will be punished but like I said  earlier, she lived her live fully. For me, as well, the best ending is Jenny and of course, Sun woo, having a happy life after the revenge is over.

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

@larus, I also hope that this drama has a satisfying ending. I need KYO to pay big time for what she did to Jenny, her baby brother, her mom and her grandfather. Every time I see KYO shamelessly sitting like a queen in that mansion it irritates me even more. I hope this writer at least delivers.

Korean drama shows like these too often make viewers sit through 15/16 episodes of the villain’s crimes and then deliver a lame ending. However, I think this drama shows promise in that so far Jenny invariably manages to defeat the strategies of the bad actors even when spontaneous problems arise. I’m hoping it’s a good sign that KYO will get her just desserts. I hope there’s no mercy for her in the end. She needs to serve serious time in jail. 

Larus & Celebrianna, I totally agree with both of you.  Most Kdramas start off with an Explosive, Fast-moving opening episode.  But their endings leave much to desire.  Their writers have not mastered the art of ending a story; as if they have run out of ideas. Very few dramas are good from start to end.

That Jenny will triumph in the end is for Sure.  But as Larus has said, whatever it is, Kim Yeo Ok would have already lived a full life. I  (I think I can speak for all here :P wish she will be totally humiliated, abandoned by all her 3 children & rot in jail for all the deceptions & murders she has committed).  

But I doubt we will have a satisfying ending in the Romance department.  I'm sure Sun Woo will be with Hyun Ji.  Jenny will most probably has to be contented with just their friendships.  

3 hours ago, triplem said:

There’s potential budding love line btwn Sun Woo & Hyun Ji ( the baduk player ) as per preview . But definitely no attraction or love line whatsoever btwn Sun Woo & Ye Nam :lol:

I meant Hyun Ji the Go player and Sun Woo. After I posted I realized I made a mistake and couldn't edit on time. 

Thank you for giving me a much needed relief that Ye Nam is not even close to a budding romance. :sweatingbullets:

Archived