[Drama 2019] Secret Boutique, 시크릿 부티크

larus

1 hour ago, hush puppy said:

I cannot speak for others.  But for me, it is more of our own wish. Because of the tragic fate of Jenny, we want her to have a happy ending.  After she has claimed back what is hers, we want her to spend the rest of her life with someone who loves and cares for her.  She deserves that.

Of course she does, I want her to be happy as well. I want her to remove Kim Yeo Ok from her position and reveal to the world the imposter she is. Then I hope she will have around her people who loves her. She already has people who loves her but right now she can`t afford to relax and enjoy life. Like she said, she gave up happiness as a woman because she can`t have everything. In reality, she is consumed by this revenge. 

The sad part is, Sun Woo is unhappy because Jenny is unhappy. As much as I am feeling sorry for Jenny because she had and still has a sad/ lonely life, I feel the same for Sun woo. I want both to be happy. If they will be together in the end fine, if they will find new love partners, fine as well. Just be alive and have a chance to a better life. You two suffer enough.

This show is not about romance but look how it takes our heart involved in the characters` love life. :D

If the writer would have not made Jung Hyuk gay, I totally suported Jenny and Jung Hyeok as a romantic couple. They look good together. Sun Woo`s love devotion for Jenny is touching but in the same time heartbreaking to see. The show/ writer put all of them  in a love triangle even when there is not a definite one. The audience know and feel that there is a bond between them but we don`t know for sure at what extend. The bigger mystery is Jenny`s romantic feelings (her suprassed ones) because she never expressed them. I think the writer did a good job keeping everything boderline. Sun Woo told Jenny about his frustration with her. "You don`t talk to me about is going on in your life, you don`t look me in the eyes, you did not see me smiling". But we did not see even once a proper  response.

The episode 9, Hyun Ji was a binder between Jenny and Sun woo. Through Hyun ji, Jenny found out informations about Sun woo: that he is lonely, not open his mind and heart easily to others, that he wanted to threw out his baseball things (his "childhood dream").  We saw how Jenny is feeling guilty about what she is doing to Jung hyeok but she is feeling guilty about Sun woo too, she worries about him. 

Jenny knows about Sun woo`s feelings for her but she is ignoring them/ doesn`t want to acknowledge them. If Jenny does only see Sun Woo as family, she should have a talk to Sun Woo about this issue because it is not fair to keep him hooked. Maybe she talked about it but he still keeps the flame for her. We don`t know.

I see Hyun ji as a good influence/ "good medicine" for both Sun Woo and Jenny.  She made both of them to get in the same car with her and go to the park. How happy Sun woo was when he saw his box. Sun Woo and Jenny needed the most the relaxing moment.  Maybe she makes their life more difficult but they are open up a little because of her, she is their little sunshine.  If Jenny does not reciprocate Sun Woo`s feelings, it is good to see him bonding with Hyun Ji. He has to live his life too. But let see how things are developing. We know nothing for sure. We`ll see where the writer will take all the characters.

• Replies 651
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, hush puppy said:

Jun Hyuk cannot fulfil this task  - for obvious reasons. So we wish she could be with Sun Woo. 

Jenny is smart, beautiful, self confident, has a warm heart. The whole package. She could be intimidating for some men. :)

If Jung-Hyeok "cannot fulfil this task" and if she will not want Sun Woo who adores her, maybe there is a hot man for her after everything will be over. Let`s imagine that. It is totally fine if she will choose to be single, but I want her to fall in love, to spice up her life. :D

Have anyone noticed the scene in episode 9, where Jenny was telling Hyun ji that she looks like she is getting along with Sun woo? Neither Jenny nor Hyun ji looked at each when they talked about Sun woo. The writer/ PD made it  intentional?  

13 hours ago, Noona91 said:

They never have any attraction towards each other and now suddenly they have those romantic moment (like sleeping on YSW shoulder).

I don`t think it was romantic for them. Maybe a hook for the audience that likes them as a couple. She was drunk and she felt suddenly asleep in kdrama fashion style. I know that  many love relationships in kdramaland starts this way but not all. Jenny felt asleep on Jung hyeok`s shoulder as well.

He drank alot (acording to what she said the next day) to drown his sorrow of being dumped. 

Jenny was totally wrong to not say a word to him that day when they had to have dinner together. I understand why she left in a hurry  to see Jung Hyeok (on the phone she felt something bad was going on with him, he sounded depressed) but she should have said something to Sun Woo too. No wonder he was so down after that.

So far, Hyun Ji is like a friend to Sun woo. He still loves Jenny and she knows that. But it is possible that these little encounters, bondings, will lead to something else in the future. I like their scenes because we can see a totally different side of Sun woo. The  audience needs to know more about him as a character.

7 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

am a bit confused... can anyone help me to point out in which part of the drama that it shows Jenny loves SW? romantically that is, and that she desires his company/presence but chose not to accept his feelings because of her revenge plan? T

There hasn’t been any part of the drama that shows Jenny liking SW, but it’s something I would like the writer to dive into. I think the closest would probably be when they went to the island together and them both contemplating what it would be like living as normal people. It’s definitely a one sided love. 

6 hours ago, hush puppy said:

cannot speak for others.  But for me, it is more of our own wish. Because of the tragic fate of Jenny, we want her to have a happy ending.  After she has claimed back what is hers, we want her to spend the rest of her life with someone who loves and cares for her.  She deserves that

I concur! 

6 hours ago, triplem said:

I am fully behind SW finding love with someone else - it’s not to do with looks , age, chemistry  etc . Jenny’s priority is her revenge , not his happiness. For me , SW & HJ’s interactions came about rather naturally . It’s not that they are suddenly into each other ......remember he did not trust her at the beginning. Even now , it’s just a budding friendship  at episode 9 and HJ is very respectful of his feelings for Jenny . She knows her place ( she asked Jenny to come with her & sW. ) At the same time , the two ( HJ & SW )  of them connect and understand each other pretty well

I have to respectfully disagree. Majority of people started to ship Sunwoo & Hj since their first interaction. I been in this forum and elsewhere from almost the very beginning even if it was just to lurk around. Their interactions were so normal and common in the beginning of the show but it didn’t stop people from super analyzing one scene and then shout to the world that they like each other. And then in the recent episodes according to the recaps and clips I watched (I’m pausing watching the episodes in it’s entirety), the show started to dump “romantic hinting” scenes out of nowhere like hj resting on his shoulder and them having dinner alone and etc. Although he didn’t trust her in the first two episodes, he started to trust her almost immediately after that (maybe less than a week in the show) and the same goes for Jenny trusting hj, it gave me a whiplash. Both Jenny and Sunwoo are highly skeptical characters due to their upbringings but they almost instantly trust hj, it absolutely didn’t make sense. They should both be cautious against her for the majority of the show but they almost have blind trust in her? That mistake cost them dearly in ep 6 when she got into major trouble. And once again all of this happened in a short time in the show. 

2 hours ago, larus said:

see Hyun ji as a good influence/ "good medicine" for both Sun Woo and Jenny.  She made both of them to get in the same car with her and go to the park. How happy Sun woo was when he saw his box. Sun Woo and Jenny needed the most the relaxing moment.  Maybe she makes their life more difficult but they are open up a little because of her, she is their little sunshine.  If Jenny does not reciprocate Sun Woo`s feelings, it is good to see him bonding with Hyun Ji. He has to live his life too. But let see how things are developing. We know nothing for sure. We`ll see where the writer will take all the characters.

Well stated! I finally see hj as good medicine too! Bitter tasting(cause a lot of trouble) but healthy too! You’re right Sunwoo should move on if Jenny never reciprocates, it indeed depends on what the writer wants to do. Writer plsssssss give Jenny happy ending LOL plsssss soften her heart! Lol 

6 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

blessing @elan1 come jump to our shipping it’s save :joy:

Lol why do I always choose the ship that are more rocky and has more holes hahahaha I sank like madness on the school 2015 ship. I’m still traumatized to this day :bawling::joy:

27 minutes ago, larus said:

If Jung-Hyeok "cannot fulfil this task" and if she will not want Sun Woo who adores her, maybe there is a hot man for her after everything will be over. Let`s imagine that. It is totally fine if she will choose to be single, but I want her to fall in love, to spice up her life. :D

Hahahaha pls writer give Jenny someone, anyone! As long as they both genuinely love each other! I love the chemistry Kim sun ah had with lee dong Wook in scent of a woman, he should appear on the last episode as a cameo for her hot future and they can resume their tango dancing sessions hahaha 

Jenny was totally wrong to not say a word to him that day when they had to have dinner together. I understand why she left in a hurry  to see Jung Hyeok (on the phone she felt something bad was going on with him, he sounded depressed) but she should have said something to Sun Woo too. No wonder he was so down after that.

Yeah that is totally not okay, communication is crucial. Come on Jenny! 

o far, Hyun Ji is like a friend to Sun woo. He still loves Jenny and she knows that. But it is possible that these little encounters, bondings, will lead to something else in the future. I like their scenes because we can see a totally different side of Sun woo. The  audience needs to know more about him as a character.

That’s true! I would like the show to explain sun woo origins, why he was in the orphanage in the first place. 

6 hours ago, elan1 said:

Although he didn’t trust her in the first two episodes, he started to trust her almost immediately after that (maybe less than a week in the show) and the same goes for Jenny trusting hj, it gave me a whiplash. Both Jenny and Sunwoo are highly skeptical characters due to their upbringings but they almost instantly trust hj, it absolutely didn’t make sense. They should both be cautious against her for the majority of the show but they almost have blind trust in her? That mistake cost them dearly in ep 6 when she got into major trouble. And once again all of this happened in a short time in the show. 

I beg to differ. Throughout the show we’ve been shown that Jenny and SW are highly perceptive people who can read their enemies well and what their next steps would be, thus enabling them to always be one step ahead of their enemies. Therefore it is perfectly acceptable for me that they also can quickly read HJ as a good reliable person to associate with. She is just inexperienced due to her background but she is learning fast. There is a reason why Jenny wants to take her in and keep her by her side. She sees something worth in her. 

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

beg to differ. Throughout the show we’ve been shown that Jenny and SW are highly perceptive people who can read their enemies well and what their next steps would be, thus enabling them to always be one step ahead of their enemies. Therefore it is perfectly acceptable for me that they also can quickly read HJ as a good reliable person to associate with. She is just inexperienced due to her background but she is learning fast. There is a reason why Jenny wants to take her in and keep her by her side. She sees something worth in her. 

I think we are going to have to agree to disagree hahaha 

People who have trust issues wouldn’t normally trust new people that rapidly even if they see value in a person or not. That doesn’t make sense. They are cynical of the world and wary of people, a relative stranger is going to have to do something overly profound a number of times in order to gain trust that fast. They will question the deeds(even the good deeds) of each person and  over analyze everything for caution sake. Normally trust will take many months if not years for people like that, I’m one of those people. 

yes they can associate with her and quote and quote use her as an asset but trusting her in that kind of level is a whole different ballpark. 

hahaha if they were able to read hj that well, how come she caused them so much trouble from the earlier episodes? 

the obvious reason why Jenny wants to take her in is because she sees small glimpses(once again glimpses not a entire body length mirror) of herself in hj. It’s not because hj is not indispensable, but that jenny  wants to help this girl, help this girl who shows semblances of herself. Jenny didn’t have anyone to help her when she was a youth, so she empathized and wants to help this girl find her mom. Hj is not an imperative character that is needed to push the revenge story forward but she is a good character story for showing the audience Jenny’s inner struggles and desires. Sunwoo said earlier on in the series, that she should be careful not to empathize with hj too much because it can become her liability and it has. 

Like everyone else, I just want a happy ending for jenny Jang. In terms of love and her revenge. It's painful watching how she lives her life from young. Her happiness, her joy in life stopped at the moment she happily ate oranges alongside her mom and dad. After that, its all about survival. It's painful to watch that's why I couldn't bring myself to watch further. Even more so when she couldn't have anything she wants. Even the one man she loves couldn't love her as a woman. *Honestly, I know Jun hyuk is a good guy but I reaaaaally hate that moment when she called jenny to cure his loneliness cause she's hurting jenny jang even more that way, I just wanna go and hugged her. Sigh*

That's why I hope sun woo continue to stay by her side.

So I'm all for it if sun woo - hyun ji r/s is all about friendship. But romance? That's just too weird. I mean, sun woo devotion and feeling (I believe it's love) for ages cannot suddenly change it's direction to someone else in just a few moments.

3 hours ago, elan1 said:

the obvious reason why Jenny wants to take her in is because she sees small glimpses(once again glimpses not a entire body length mirror) of herself in hj. It’s not because hj is not indispensable, but that jenny  wants to help this girl, help this girl who shows semblances of herself. Jenny didn’t have anyone to help her when she was a youth, so she empathized and wants to help this girl find her mom. Hj is not an imperative character that is needed to push the revenge story forward but she is a good character story for showing the audience Jenny’s inner struggles and desires. Sunwoo said earlier on in the series, that she should be careful not to empathize with hj too much because it can become her liability and it has. 

I agree that trust is built. At first, Hyun Ji was taken as someone who could help them in their revenge. That`s why Ye eun thinks that Hyun Ji is used by Jenny or as an "hostage" now. We know that Jenny has a soft spot, she wants to see families reunited so I think besides the general knowledge that she only helps her because she will need of her later (as an asset), Jenny genuinly wants to help the girl. Of course, both Jenny and Sun Woo "read" her and realised that she is a person who deserves their help but they discover the person Hyun ji after spending time with her, in time. That`s how the relationships/ bondings are built. Hyun Ji is becoming an important person in Jenny and sun woo`s life.

It is true that Jenny is seeing herself in Hyun Ji as well. Sun Woo is very perceptive and he knows Jenny very well. He realised quickly what Hyun Ji is becoming for Jenny, how she is seeing herself in her. I like how he realised so well what Jenny felt after she slapped Hyun ji that night. Not only he drove her home  but he stayed outside, was there for her to console her even when it was from afar. When Hyun Ji was playing Go with that woman, Sun Woo told Jenny to not get her hopes too high. Jenny and Sun Woo`s conection is very deep. They don`t need words to know what the other is thinking/ feeling.

I also agree that Hyun Ji is not important to the revenge plot per se but it is important to develop the main characters better. Not only Jenny but Sun woo open up in her presence. The audience finds out their inner feelings, struggles. Through her, Jenny and Sun woo shows their heart, their human side, became more palpable as characters, more relatable. That`s why I said that Hyung Ji is like their little sunshine. 

51 minutes ago, larus said:

That`s how the relationships/ bondings are built. Hyun Ji is becoming an important person in Jenny and sun woo`s life.

It is true that Jenny is seeing herself in Hyun Ji as well. Sun Woo is very perceptive and he knows Jenny very well. He realised quickly what Hyun Ji is becoming for Jenny, how she is seeing herself in her. I like how he realised so well what Jenny felt after she slapped Hyun ji that night. Not only he drove her home  but he stayed outside, was there for her to console her even when it was from afar. When Hyun Ji was playing Go with that woman, Sun Woo told Jenny to not get her hopes too high. Jenny and Sun Woo`s conection is very deep. They don`t need words to know what the other is thinking/ feeling.

Everything you said In your post was articulated so well ^^

I think the only thing that makes me upset at Jenny so far is her lack of understanding Sunwoo. He understands her but she hasn’t done the same or put in the same effort. She constantly worried about JH and his troubles that she neglected Sunwoo and forgotten that he has needs too. I know she has some self-awareness but then something happens and she gets distracted, so it goes to the back burner. I know that she still love Sunwoo a lot as a friend but she hasn’t shown the same care and affection to him as she did when they were younger. The revenge and the appearance of JH in her life kind of made Sunwoo a bench warmer, so I would love to see Jenny giving Sunwoo a bigger and more meaningful spotlight in her life in the future episodes. So for me it was actually great to see Hyun ji disclosing to Jenny that Sunwoo needs attention and understanding too. Hj is truly a good medicine. 

2 hours ago, triplem said:

Sun Woo looks amazing in these upcoming stills...drooling 

It looks like he is playing baseball. Maybe he need to distract a little and he is hitting the ball for that.

When I saw him in the preview that he will cry I want to give him a hug. I think he will cry of frustration/angry after he punched Jung Hyuk.

Again, in the preview, he will go to Hyun Ji`s place and asked her to come out ouside to tell her something. He has a cake in his hand. On the box is written "congratulations".

1 hour ago, elan1 said:

I think the only thing that makes me upset at Jenny so far is her lack of understanding Sunwoo. He understands her but she hasn’t done the same or put in the same effort. She constantly worried about JH and his troubles that she neglected Sunwoo and forgotten that he has needs too. I know she has some self-awareness but then something happens and she gets distracted, so it goes to the back burner.

She is taking him for granted sometimes. In her defence, she doesn`t talk about her feelings with nobody, not even with Jung Hyuk. She was worried for Jung Hyuk because he needed her help (because of events in his life) and because he was in her vicinity (she is living with the man). She will do the same for Sun woo if he needs her help.

Jenny upsets me that knowing Sun woo`s feelings for her she doesn`t clear the air their between them. In a way, it is the writer`s "fault" :D. He wants to create and mentain tension between Jenny, Sun Woo and Jung Hyuk by keeping on the boderline. He will go whatever direction he wants with all three, sometimes he gives us some clues on which direction he will go, preparing the characters to go where he has in mind but we can`t be sure yet. The writer is doing a good job and keep the audience interested.

Now, back to Jenny. She close up her heart, she doesn`t share her inner worries, feelings. Sun Woo knows more about her because he understands where she is coming from, they had common experiences. Jenny is more close to Sun woo than any other character in this show but she doesn`t let him fully involved in her life. He became her right hand, he knows about her plans, he is doing everything she tells him to do in business, but that`s all. Sun Woo is upset and frustrated because of that, he wants to be involved in her personal life too.  Maybe Jenny changed after she came up with the revenge plan.

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Guys , I really hate baseball now ... cancellation of episodes on Nov 6 & 7 . Many SBS dramas affected 

OMG.... noooooo. I saw some news about today cancelation of SBS Inkigayo due to baseball coverage and I wonder if next week well have the same treatment. It is worst. Not only one episode but we`ll have both episodes canceled in early November. At least next week we`ll have both episodes, right?

Why the baseball games won`t be broadcast on a sport TV station? Why?

Thanks for the news. Now I have to get used to the idea that no Secret Boutique for two weeks in November.

11 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I beg to differ. Throughout the show we’ve been shown that Jenny and SW are highly perceptive people who can read their enemies well and what their next steps would be, thus enabling them to always be one step ahead of their enemies. Therefore it is perfectly acceptable for me that they also can quickly read HJ as a good reliable person to associate with. She is just inexperienced due to her background but she is learning fast. There is a reason why Jenny wants to take her in and keep her by her side. She sees something worth in her. 

I second this. I saw a few who wrote that Jenny and SW didn’t trust HJ at the beginning, but I feel otherwise. Jenny was quite inclined towards HJ from very early on, which is why SW was worried and wary. But his worry and wariness was not because he did not trust HJ’s character, but because HJ is a chip on the wall of defence they have built.

Firstly to Jenny, whom he feels is due to Jenny seeing herself in HJ (which he mentioned when he sent Jenny home after she slapped HJ) and secondly to him, because she makes him think twice and waver in his “loyalty” towards Jenny (which he mentioned when they were playing baduk at her place). All along, he would simply report everything to Jenny by default, but when HJ is in the picture, he suddenly finds himself struggling to do the same (e.g. he failed to mention her part in saving them from the fire and when KYO intentionally led him to see HJ met up with her).

I am thinking about Jenny and Jung Hyeok`s divorce. I don`t know why Jenny wanted to marry him in the first place, for her plan.  Maybe she wated to have acces to more inside informations, to be more close to the family but I think she will work for Kim Yeo Ok after divorce as well. I don`t understand Jung Hyuk`s reason for the divorce either. I think he knows that his mother will be a danger for Jenny/ Do young if she finds out who she is.  He wants to protect her but Jenny will not give up her plan.

I don`t know what plan has in mind Jung Hyuk but I am glad that he will be more active in the family life from now on.

Looking forward to watch the next episodes. But I am still bitter that SBS will cancel two episodes in one week in November.

Finally got around to watching this after reading many glowing reviews. And thankfully it didn't disappoint. I've only watched 4 ep. so far but damn it I'm hooked! Kim Sun Ah look amazing, Red must be her color. Though is it a requirement that the women of Deo group share the same haircut!? It's sickening how entitled & shameless they act! As if they were above Jenny when really they're no different than thieves (more like the mafia)

Ye Nam in particular is whiny, loud, dumb & annoying. She's also incredibly laughable & pathetic when her schemes keep failing time after time LoL. Her wardrobe sucks not to mention. I adore Sun Woo, his loyalty to Jenny is admirable. Well he's pleasing to the eyes too~

Hyun Ji's like a younger version of Jenny. Everyone has an agenda on this show. This is like the third time I've seen the name Jenny used in dramas...the other being the member of a K-Pop girl group. Also my late mother's name is Jenny..

4 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

It's sickening how entitled & shameless they act! As if they were above Jenny when really they're no different than thieves (more like the mafia)

Ye Nam in particular is whiny, loud, dumb & annoying. She's also incredibly laughable & pathetic when her schemes keep failing time after time LoL. Her wardrobe sucks not to mention. I adore Sun Woo, his loyalty to Jenny is admirable. Well he's pleasing to the eyes too~

Hyun Ji's like a younger version of Jenny. Everyone has an agenda on this show. This is like the third time I've seen the name Jenny used in dramas...the other being the member of a K-Pop girl group. Also my late mother's name is Jenny..

YN is an interesting character in a way. Definitely not as 1D as I had originally thought. Not the usual bratty unfeeling spoilt princess I usually see and originally expected.

She never had a father figure and isn't the most scheming (even though she tries unsuccessfully to be). She yearns to be loved but that deep sense of insecurity and lack of loving guidance resulted in her using the wrong methods to gain love and recognition. Being in that twisted family didn't help either.

She misses the DY she used to rely on but yet is jealous of how Jenny always "appear" to be placed in higher regard by her mother, despite her "lowly status". The flashback of teenage her sharing the diary of her supposed father with DY hints at her longing for her father and how she relied on DY. If she simply saw DY as a "servant" and nothing more, she would not have shared those intimate thoughts.

She was flustered when the girl died on the yacht and was clearly not expecting such things. She did order for cop mum to die, but she was desperate at that point in time (though that doesn't absolve her of the guilt) to think clearly.

She is terribly insecure and does not want to be abandoned or sidelined, and her actions are mostly driven by that fear. But she is not evil or cold by nature so she struggled when she had to betray her lover and somewhat forgave her father when she realized he did love her, thus the gaze full of hatred towards KYO when she realized she killed him.

I also think she will team up with Jenny after this, at least indirectly, if not directly.

Are you watching Shady mother in law? FL is that show is also Jenny :)

14 hours ago, larus said:

I am thinking about Jenny and Jung Hyeok`s divorce. I don`t know why Jenny wanted to marry him in the first place, for her plan.  Maybe she wated to have acces to more inside informations, to be more close to the family but I think she will work for Kim Yeo Ok after divorce as well. I don`t understand Jung Hyuk`s reason for the divorce either. I think he knows that his mother will be a danger for Jenny/ Do young if she finds out who she is.  He wants to protect her but Jenny will not give up her plan.

I don`t know what plan has in mind Jung Hyuk but I am glad that he will be more active in the family life from now on.

Looking forward to watch the next episodes. But I am still bitter that SBS will cancel two episodes in one week in November.

I think Jung Hyuk divorce Jenny to gain his mother's trust. He knows his mum does not really trust or like Jenny. But we have to wait and see if : 1)  he will remain a steadfast friend to Jenny    or  2) he will discard her

But as you have said, that is so unlike his Profile. So we still have a chance......

6 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Finally got around to watching this after reading many glowing reviews. And thankfully it didn't disappoint. I've only watched 4 ep. so far but damn it I'm hooked! Kim Sun Ah look amazing, Red must be her color. Though is it a requirement that the women of Deo group share the same haircut!? It's sickening how entitled & shameless they act! As if they were above Jenny when really they're no different than thieves (more like the mafia)

I like that!  Mafia :w00t:

Archived