[Drama 2019] Strangers from Hell, 타인은 지옥이다

larus

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Strangers From Hell” Cast Shares Thoughts As The Drama Approaches Its End

Oct 6, 2019

eff922ab280d49378db16b5282ce8f8f.jpeg?s=

The cast of OCN’s “Strangers From Hell” has shared a few words ahead of the drama’s final episode!

For the past five weeks, “Strangers From Hell” has been providing nonstop thrill and excitement to viewers with its plot about Yoon Jong Woo (played by Im Siwan), an aspiring novelist who moves to Seoul and unexpectedly finds himself caught in a hell created by other people.

Im Siwan stated, “Regardless of the drama’s genre, I was able to have a fun and enjoyable time while filming. Thank you for loving ‘Strangers From Hell’ until the end. More importantly, I was glad to be able to return to viewers through a great project. I will continue to work hard to show great acting.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1357077wpp/strangers-from-hell-cast-shares-thoughts-as-the-drama-approaches-its-end

A little OOT here.

I think the small rented room or goshiwon is on highlight. I've just watched the interview on Asian*oss account. 

I think it will be tiring to live in that small room for a long time. Especially when you have those creepy neighbours from other rooms.

I think I understand how Jung Woo and Yoo Ki Hyeok lost their mind. 

Not just mentally but phisically.

I've stayed in a small room near Seoul station. It's a cheap one. But the room is the smallest one. The bed is small just like Jung Woo's. I had back pain after a few nights lol. I can't walk properly with my suitcase and stuff in the tiny room. I can hear hairdryer sound from another room.

In my country, there are also rented rooms. I have a friends who live in a small room. The rooms are just too full lol. I can barely sit and I can not move around. That's how we live in this lonely world.

Okay to sum up. A lot of grunting, a lot of killing, a lot of blood...A twisted ending..

‘’To sum up..He will forever be in his mind, cause this is him now. The experiment is a success.”

@Ameera Ali @Lawyerhenjoyyy

Fan art: Credit to weibo

Spoiler

0-A1-B88-E3-5-B96-404-B-9105-803-AD6-D85
0-B90-E597-3-A11-45-A5-B45-D-2-E4-E1-A9-
1389-AC73-5204-4-D59-BA2-A-6695-C0-CFFE8
1-D700-E29-8-E6-A-429-B-A0-E8-F31-F44-F0
23894128-1-D9-C-4-D62-AAE1-D9-AF92-E70-E
2741337-A-598-F-4-BF4-B420-158927-F53-B7
34-EC85-F1-99-B0-4-CB3-8256-5-F7443-CEEB
35-FD47-F9-B7-D6-4359-B850-35-FA5455-FD0
374-FD350-670-E-405-E-91-FF-6-CB9428858-
513-FB6-A2-17-C2-4-C38-9-DB4-EA71486736-
8-B8446-EB-E83-E-4860-8520-2-FA69-C589-C
A0870-DD9-DCA9-41-D1-AE07-884-B55-CCE019
AFC366-AA-6411-4176-99-AA-EF42-C237-D3-F
B2-E357-BF-9224-40-D5-9-D49-FA10-E35-BE8
B5-FC99-CE-2-D14-473-F-B9-C9-DAEAD1-E5-B
C4-D9923-E-2-D8-D-4722-A96-C-72-C37132-F
C629-D6-BD-BAFC-4-BBC-A08-E-4-E38-A8-F6-
D81-FF15-D-39-F5-47-B9-99-C9-F1-ACABCE76
EAA1-E90-F-8-A7-C-4198-82-C1-41-FA74-BDF

I really like the cast and how the drama was film. But, it is too real and creepy for me. I remember watching Hannibal US Tv series and only watch once every episodes. Too evil, too cruel, too many bloods. 

Sorry LDW oppa. You are beautiful in this one, but I have to keep my sanity. 

The finale was a whole bloody, gory mess. I knew it! It was Si Wan's imagination, though I'm unsure if Lee Dong Wook was real or made up by Si Wan as well..?? That teeth charm bracelet was kind of gross LoL. 

I thought Dong Wook looked sexy with his wet hair in the finale ha-ha. Sick I know but damn he's a beautiful man I'd give him that. But no way do I want a dentist like him:crazy: though most dentists are scary anyways heheh:P 

@Sushimi

Si Wan is 30?!:flushed: Unbelievable! And those fan art made Si Wan/Dong Wook look like a BL couple:love:

@nat_phoenix88

I'm sure it does. With such a constricting space anyone would go mad. Even without horrible neighbors, it's unhealthy to be in such a confined space for long periods of time.. 

Oh OT but out of curiosity, what's life in Seoul like? Are the people as judgemental, rude as depicted in the drama?

Totally need this forum to rant to after watching the last ep at such unearthly hour (430am, cant believe how I'm still awake) 

And so one big question is LDW actually all in ISW head or Smth? Or LWD was there all along like in the drama and did not die in the end. Cause ISW killing LDW was just schizophrenia?!

Maybe there shld be a season 2 since I heard the webtoon is still ongoing. Then again the webtoon and this drama doesn't really follow through. Keeping only 1 season also seems good as usually squeals spoils loads of shows.

Hope someone is awake after watching the finale like me now 

OK, I didn't get the ending at all. When JW killed MJ, is it just his imagination? Was his body not found by the police and detective? If not how could they be sure MJ is dead. The scene when Ji Eun saw JW talking to himself, that's confusing as well. 

2 hours ago, Blackend said:

OK, I didn't get the ending at all. When JW killed MJ, is it just his imagination? Was his body not found by the police and detective? If not how could they be sure MJ is dead. The scene when Ji Eun saw JW taking to himself, that's confusion as well. 

I could be wrong but the way I understood that scene is:

JW was hallucinating when his girlfriend caught him choking his own throat and talking to himself while the real MJ was laying down with his throat slashed. The MJ he sees is his own reflection (The one that wants to kill) but he sees him as MJ not as himself. That's why they showed his own version of the events at the end with the real MJ laying on the floor while JW was talking to MJ look alike. 

As for the elevator, that was JW in the form of MJ that the police lady was seeing when she went after him to give him the book. MJ can't be alive because JW did kill him along with the rest. JW started to exhibit MJ behavior and manners. An example is wearing that creepy tooth bracelet and that ending with his facial expression while he is typing those words. That's why the police lady was spooked and finally understood who really killed the residents of the Goshiwan. I even thought that JW messed up with her car break lol. I was scared for her for a second:sweatingbullets:.

@Kai Wen Chia You are brave to watch this episode at that hour lol. I was freaking out while watching this during lunchtime :sweat_smile::mrgreen:.

From what I understood, MJ was real and he was really killed by JW. As for JW, he started to hallucinate MJ and even exhibit his behaviour. I'm also wondering if JW got schizophrenia at the end or its the brainwashing that MJ did to him along with the stuff he was being fed that made him like that. We will never know but at the end, he finally broke.

I thought the webtoon was finished.....

@Latte_Anyday I'll never look LDW the same way ever again too lol:mrgreen:. He was creepy as hell :ph34r::sweatingbullets:.

@Sushimi Indeed, MJ really succeeded this time. JW will never be the same.

5 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Si Wan is 30?!:flushed: Unbelievable! And those fan art made Si Wan/Dong Wook look like a BL couple:love:

Yes he is :lol: and yes they drew them as a couple. China fans are really hyped up. They call Si Wan (White rabbit) & Dong Wook (Devil) they indeed ship them as a couple :lol:

4 hours ago, Kai Wen Chia said:

LDW actually all in ISW head or Smth?

3 hours ago, Blackend said:

When JW killed MJ, is it just his imagination?

My take on this is that MJ is real the fight is real. Indeed JW killed MJ. But my Guess is that after what he has done, JW reflects on himself and thus getting a shock of his life when he finds out what he did. Through this shock he hallucinates MJ to still be living. Thus you see JE seeing JW hallucinating.

Then from that day onwards, MJ will be a part of JW. Like what MJ said...

2 hours ago, lu09 said:

I'm also wondering if JW got schizophrenia at the end or its the brainwashing that MJ did to him along with the stuff he was being fed that made him like that.

I feel that all of it plays a big part. They helped to reborn JW. Into what he has become...

I really want a S2 tbh. Feel like there are unanswered questions.

Now that the female cop knows JW kills them..she can’t just let him go scout free right? Then what about his family? His Mother? The other cops? Ji Eun coming back together to her oppa? I would be so happy if there is a S2 

2 hours ago, lu09 said:

You are brave to watch this episode at that hour lol. I was freaking out while watching this during lunchtime :sweat_smile::mrgreen:.

From what I understood, MJ was real and he was really killed by JW. As for JW, he started to hallucinate MJ and even exhibit his behaviour. I'm also wondering if JW got schizophrenia at the end or its the brainwashing that MJ did to him along with the stuff he was being fed that made him like that. We will never know but at the end, he finally broke.

I thought the webtoon was finished

Well I have a Indonesia korean colleague who is reading the webtoon and says the story of JW and the police girl in the webtoon their stories weren't link. Oh and though my colleague mentioned everyone died like the show. But JW gf died in the webtoon also.

If JW didn't get schizophrenia after all these madness then he doesn't even need to be transformed by LDW :sweatingbullets:

Actually I would prefer LDW a hallucination part of JW. But still this ending made us double guess a lot too! 

If there is a second season hopefully they will show what JW craziness be full fledged and the police trying to catch him. JW craziness would probably be worse than LDW I think. 

10 minutes ago, Kai Wen Chia said:

If there is a second season hopefully they will show what JW craziness be full fledged and the police trying to catch him. JW craziness would probably be worse than LDW I think. 

Yes! I want that as S2:persevere: but now is just we wait..just waiting for a day that they are indeed planning to... I really need a season 2 in my life. 

Yes their story weren’t link. Pretty much the cop’s story is in the extra chapters part. 

Stills from the series:

http://program.tving.com/ocn/strangersfromhell/8/Board/List

You can check on this website and look/get your preferred photos :) there are some nice ones to keep!

08-F350-DD-E4-E6-4-D5-C-82-A6-902-C9-F13
6-EE0-FC7-C-E588-4-CC4-A770-8-AB5-C5-F1-
906-D126-D-E1-E3-445-B-9-D59-6-D34791559

So from what I can tell, these ACTUALLY happened:

• JW did kill perv, psycho landlady, bald guy, and of course MJ
  • As pointed by above, the girlfriend recalls JW mumuring to himself and choking himself and repeating that it wasn't him who did it (the killings)
  • He does not actually wear the teeth bracelet at the end
  • MJ is dead, all MJ's appearances after the duel was just JW's emerging psychotic self but not before proclaiming that JW is destined to go his route

Also, if you weren't able to catch it, looks like MJ was adopted by psycho landlady. During the scene that wasn't real where MJ uses a decoy on her by sending her to the kitchen, she gets mad and repeats how she adopted him when his parents died. When MJ says JW is his completed masterpiece and that they will always be together forever (since JW is starting to exhibit MJ's tendencies), the landlady alludes that she raised MJ to be like that. Bald guy also refers to her as mom when he says that his brother and mom are both dead after seeing landlady dead.

I think that the people who died did committ alot of crimes and it wasn't entirely in JW's head the whole time. I know some people think JW was getting oversensitive and making up stuff that they were serial killers but I think everything up to the point where the bad guys started killing each other were real since the police confirm it was the work of an amateur at the last killings but before, they were as if a serial killer down to his art did it (MJ). Overall, good riddance but it would've been more funny if it ended the way before revealing that JW killed them all.

Still alot of questions that I have and it felt somewhat incomplete and lacking of an ending but I enjoyed it. Honestly dunno why this was 19+ when the violence was about the same as previous episodes.

stills with music most likely the last SFH thing That ocn will post.

5 minutes ago, perfectmouse said:

Still alot of questions that I have and it felt somewhat incomplete and lacking of an ending but I enjoyed it. Honestly dunno why this was 19+ when the violence was about the same as previous episodes.

My Guess is the actions that they did that marks it as 19+. I think there should be a S2 like you said a lot questions..but how come I feel that it’s likely not the case.. :( 

@perfectmouse

Ah that does make sense~

So Dong Wook was real, it's just that he really drove Si Wan to insanity as you can see he was slowly losing it as drama progresses.. the ratings is necessary but kind of pointless at the same time 'cause most of the gory scenes were either edited or blurred:rolleyes: including the weapons:P

And I for one am not on board for another season of madness/horrors ha-ha. It was rough the first time thankyouverymuch.

@lu09 

I appreciate that he's trying to play a different role but yea he's still "pretty" LoL!:w00t:

@Sushimi

China seem to have some super fans of K-Pop in general if ya ask me:D

19 minutes ago, Latte_Anyday said:

China seem to have some super fans of K-Pop in general if ya ask me:D

Trust me. On weibo they made a page just for them :joy: they are happy with the ending...considering how they will forever be with each other...mentally. hahahahaha. Shippers are happy.

Archived