[Drama 2019] Strangers from Hell, 타인은 지옥이다

larus

LDW is so good in the few scenes he showed up in ep 2!!! I am happy for him. He has got such a meaty role. 

I also love the Eden house ahjumma! She is possibly the weirdest/cruelest of the lot. Serving rotten eggs, putting on sheet-masks! :ph34r:

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Greate! I got annoyed by everyone in the story…Those around Main Lead are so noisy. Even third person like me  wanna throw fits to them. However, I also feel annoyed with male lead. :joy: Especially when he is around his senior. Polices are also noisy. The only person that doesn't feel annoyed is police girl.

I'm looking forward to next episode

Btw, I'm amuse to hear similar opening song of "US" in episode 2. (car scene) Feel likes brutal battle is waiting.

Hell is Other People: Episode 1

by Sunny

HOP01-00026.jpg

The adaptation of psychological thriller webtoon, Hell is Other People/Strangers are Hell, kicks off to an unsettling start as a young man suddenly finds himself with a colorful cast of creepy new neighbors. If you’re a fan of the spooky, this is the perfect drama to ring in the Fall season with hints of mystery, murder, and ghosts! I am pretty excited so hopefully you’ll join me on this dive into the disturbing world of the scariest monster of all… humans.

EPISODE 1:”Eden Goshiwon”

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/09/hell-is-other-people-episode-1/

I have mixed feelings for the show. Just my very personal opinions.

I think YJW is way too innocent & unthoughtful for his age (27). He wasn’t sensitive when dealing with his line-manager at work (not his boss). He knew his line-manager liked the designer. He knew the slippers were specially bought for her. Yet he still accepted and used them. I wouldn’t find it strange if he wasn’t treated well by his line-manager. He also didn’t seem keen on with his relationship, namely his girlfriend. Perhaps they broke up. He has her photo on phone screen so I guess he loves her still. However they didn’t cooperate regarding his move to Seoul at all. Not to mention she has been in Seoul for awhile. I know she is busy and is being bullied at work, true, but isn’t boyfriend closed to us the most? Could not help out sounds a bit cold and unusual here.

All of the guys next door are indeed super weird. My apologies, I am not yet familiar with all characters’ names. I am impressed the most with the guy was killed in Ep2 for not asking for LDW’s permission before killing people. The look from his eyes and his attitude brought an insecure feeling to the opposite people. The guy with glasses who are fond of 18+ stuff looks super creepy indeed. It’d scare the hell out of me if I had a neighbor like him. The owner of Eden, she (up to now) is just annoying since she talks too much. The mental health twins acting, with his laughs and mysterious behaviour in fact don’t impress me. 

I really like the story that this drama based on. Smart, creepy, mysterious and insecure. I look forward to seeing more episodes, to see unexpected situations come up, unsolvable circumstances and unplayable crimes.

Hell Is Other People: Episode 2

by Sunny

HOP02-00021-1.jpg

As if navigating a new living space wasn’t challenging enough, our hero also starts his new job. Hidden pitfalls await him everywhere he goes and Jong-woo is going to have to be on his toes because while the worst thing that can happen at work is losing his job, a misstep at Eden Goshiwon could cost him his life.

EPISODE 2: “Human Nature”

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/09/hell-is-other-people-episode-2/

On 9/2/2019 at 1:15 AM, uglypearl said:

The drama seems good but I can't watch all of the scenes. 

I'm scared watching the creepy and horrifying scenes. 

Watching scary scenes gives me nightmares. So I covered my eyes or sometimes skip few scenes.

I hope SiWan's character gets out from that place alive.

If he does, I hope he doesn't turn crazy or become a psychopath or a serial killer at the end of the drama.

P.S.

Is the webtoon finished? To those who read the webtoon please give me spoilers of what happened to SiWan's character. Thanks

spoiler for webtoon ending, block the words : sad to tell you to that the ending in the webtoon exactly like you've said. he turns crazy and still thinks that one of the psychos he'd killed still alive.

9 hours ago, rainy12 said:

spoiler for webtoon ending, block the words : sad to tell you to that the ending in the webtoon exactly like you've said. he turns crazy and still thinks that one of the psychos he'd killed still alive.

Does this mean JongWoo is going be a serial killer or a crazy guy staying in a psychoward ?

I get the feeling that  in the drama version one of the psychos is still alive, maybe MoonJo or the ahjumma still alive, living perhaps another  Eden Studio?

2 Shocking Twists From 1st Week Of “Strangers From Hell” That Will Have A Lasting Impact On Story

Sep 7, 2019

1ff8712914de43bdae83c04146b53878.jpeg?s=

The first two episodes of OCN’s newest drama “Strangers From Hell” were shocking to say the least!

Based on a popular webtoon, “Strangers From Hell” is a new mystery thriller starring Im Siwan as Yoon Jong Woo, an aspiring novelist who moves to Seoul after receiving an internship offer. Premiering to solid ratings on August 21, the first two episodes of the drama showed unexpected twists in some characters including Byun Deuk Jong (played by Park Jong Hwan) and Seo Moon Jo (Lee Dong Wook).

Warning: Spoilers ahead.

1. Byun Deuk Jong (Park Jong Hwan)’s Unexpected Twin Brother

The drama began with Yoon Jong Woo moving to Seoul for a new job and settling in at the seemingly ordinary Eden Goshiwon (an economical type of housing commonly leased by students preparing for an important exam) that is 190,000 won (approximately $160) per month. The Goshiwon is full of mysterious people, and among these people, Byun Deuk Jong (Park Jong Hwan) caught viewers’ attention with his shaved head, strange laughs, and stutter. More than anything, the actor left viewers in awe by showing perfect synchronization with the character from the original webtoon.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1350812wpp/2-shocking-twists-from-1st-week-of-strangers-from-hell-that-will-have-a-lasting-impact-on-story

8 hours ago, uglypearl said:

Does this mean JongWoo is going be a serial killer or a crazy guy staying in a psychoward ?

I get the feeling that  in the drama version one of the psychos is still alive, maybe MoonJo or the ahjumma still alive, living perhaps another  Eden Studio?

If I remember correctly The one that he thought that is still alive is the Dentist?i, not too sure but yeah..

I can’t wait for what is about to come :) 

Lee Dong Wook Brings Chills As He Creepily Peers At Im Siwan In “Strangers From Hell”

Sep 8, 2019
by U. Kim
3131fa82d22c489394d329c860c33996.jpeg?s=

Lee Dong Wook is keeping an uncomfortably close eye on Im Siwan in OCN’s “Strangers from Hell.”

On September 8, OCN revealed new stills ahead of the upcoming broadcast. Yoon Jong Woo (Im Siwan) is sitting in front of his laptop as Seo Moon Jo (Lee Dong Wook) from room No. 304 observes him through a tiny hole. The slight smile on Seo Moon Jo’s face brings chills to viewers.

Spoilers

When they first met at the goshiwon‘s rooftop, Seo Moon Jo had said, “You seem like the type of person I am.” When Yoon Jong Woo revealed that he was an aspiring novelist, Seo Moon Jo, a dentist, replied, “My job is similar. I disassemble, assemble, and recreate.” Viewers are curious to find out why Seo Moon Jo is continuously observing Yoon Jong Woo.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1351009wpp/lee-dong-wook-brings-chills-as-he-creepily-peers-at-im-siwan-in-strangers-from-hell

I'm sorry but I'm not too satisfied with siwan's acting here. maybe I'm way too compared his character with the webtoon. 

for example when he eats meat, thats like one of the interesting scene (in the webtoon the character really histerical) but siwan just sit and lee dong wook doing all the creepy job to make the scene interesting. also the stressing level of siwan's character didn't looked too intense. hope next episodes siwan's character will improved. but other casts really do a good job. sorry to say this..

and I'm also sad that lee hyun wook character died to soon.

"Viewers are curious to find out why Seo Moon Jo is continuously observing Yoon Jong Woo. "

I think this is because the dentist see the tempramental sides of jong woo and wanted to see how far he could become when he's under pressure. and I'm very curious about the army past, what's the story behind that.

On 9/5/2019 at 11:20 PM, Anh Nguyen Roff said:

I have mixed feelings for the show. Just my very personal opinions.

I think YJW is way too innocent & unthoughtful for his age (27). He wasn’t sensitive when dealing with his line-manager at work (not his boss). He knew his line-manager liked the designer. He knew the slippers were specially bought for her. Yet he still accepted and used them. I wouldn’t find it strange if he wasn’t treated well by his line-manager. He also didn’t seem keen on with his relationship, namely his girlfriend. Perhaps they broke up. He has her photo on phone screen so I guess he loves her still. However they didn’t cooperate regarding his move to Seoul at all. Not to mention she has been in Seoul for awhile. I know she is busy and is being bullied at work, true, but isn’t boyfriend closed to us the most? Could not help out sounds a bit cold and unusual here.

All of the guys next door are indeed super weird. My apologies, I am not yet familiar with all characters’ names. I am impressed the most with the guy was killed in Ep2 for not asking for LDW’s permission before killing people. The look from his eyes and his attitude brought an insecure feeling to the opposite people. The guy with glasses who are fond of 18+ stuff looks super creepy indeed. It’d scare the hell out of me if I had a neighbor like him. The owner of Eden, she (up to now) is just annoying since she talks too much. The mental health twins acting, with his laughs and mysterious behaviour in fact don’t impress me. 

I really like the story that this drama based on. Smart, creepy, mysterious and insecure. I look forward to seeing more episodes, to see unexpected situations come up, unsolvable circumstances and unplayable crimes.

I think the drama is portraying the terrible korean work culture. He and his girlfriend are like because they kind of have to just do whatever their bosses say/anyone who is higher ranking than them at work since they are young and very new in the field. They are pressured to take in all the nasty comments and are basically ‘owned’ by their bosses/superiors. Work> anything outside of work for them at this point even though they are trying to meet up

I always get nauseous watchin' this:mask: Seriously is no one normal on this show?!:crazy: I've a feelin' Jong-Woo could have a multiple personality disorder.. that this could all be his imagination.. I'm gettin' "Shutter Island" vibes from this drama~ Ugh after ep.04, I think I might stay off meat for awhile...:blink::wacko:

Jong-Woo's gf seem to be struggling at her workplace as well. The comments from Jong-Woo's boss make me want to strangle him myself:angry: That female police officer should really change dentist ASAP. 

I really don't like how in a lot of K-Dramas where the older ladies enjoy hitting the back of people's heads tsk:rolleyes: Like on "I Wanna Hear Your Song", the mom keeps hitting her daughter in the head & even here, when Bong-Soon ahjumma hit the retarded guy - hard at that:P From watching my share of k-dramas, South Korea seem to be a suffocating place to live. I also read many unpleasant experiences by foreigners who vacationed there~

The bosses of both YJW and his gf are jealous and bitter. I feel like the female boss bullies the girlfriend because she is dating. Does YJW's boss like his gf? Boy just can't mocking YJW.  I am curious if YJW will hurt his mentor.... that mentor is pushing him to his deep evil self. 

8 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

that this could all be his imagination..

Oh! I’m having the same thoughts as you. 

I was thinking, maybe whatever happened is just a story that is written by Jong Woo himself. He is just making himself the lead..We can see that he was writing the word “die” with many exclamation mark then they cut to the twins hitting and kicking the corpse..thus I feel this story is written via his novel.

Another theory 

I kinda thought about how maybe, all the neighbours is his imagination but they represent something in him..like the Dentist character is his own ‘obsessions’ the twins ‘his own craziness’ then the pervert, ‘his own nature’  then the lady could be his own ‘history, like how he came to be.’ Then when they say no one can catch them, it could mean like ‘No one can catch my deeds’

Then the one that died, could mean like he had lost himself over his obsession (because he was strangled by the Dentist)

if you add this two theory together, everything to him is just a story to represent himself as a person...a crazy person..

Archived