[Drama 2019] Strangers from Hell, 타인은 지옥이다

larus

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To sum up tonight’s episode:

Spoiler

- JW lost it, he faint, find himself in MZ’s Dental office, I Guess fixing his teeth after the fight (I need sub) 

- Then During their conversation KH’s previous sane self appears in a flashback back at eden studio’s kitchen.

- JW is at the police station, the mothers’ of the boys who have been attacked by him complain and reports him.

- JW practically ignores them just looking all dazed and touching his own teeth. MZ came to bail him. 

- That night JW is having a meltdown with voices in his head.

-Next day JW lost it and Attack Byeong Min

- Boss later on brought JW to the chicken shop, he almost Attack boss. MZ came. 

-JW stayed in a hotel 

- The new neighbour went in to the forbidden level. MZ caught him. 

(Left out some pointers for you to discoverer :) )

Trailer

Lee Dong Wook Displays Cold Charisma As He Approaches Im Siwan’s Acquaintances In “Strangers From Hell”

Sep 29, 2019
by L. Kim

725df18e0cba460eb37607808d830fbe.jpeg?s=

Lee Dong Wook is now taking things too far as he starts to approach the people around Im Siwan in OCN’s “Strangers From Hell.”

In OCN’s new drama, Yoon Jong Woo (Im Siwan) is an aspiring writer who comes to Seoul to get a job. After moving into the creepy goshiwon (an economical type of housing commonly leased by students preparing for an important exam) called Eden, his inner violence starts to surface as he deals with stressful co-workers and frightening tenants.

On September 29, OCN revealed new stills ahead of the upcoming broadcast. Seo Moon Jo (Lee Dong Wook) appears in front of Yoon Jong Woo’s girlfriend Min Ji Eun (Kim Ji Eun) and his company superior Shin Jae Ho (Cha Rae Hyung). Yoon Jong Woo stands stiffly and Min Ji looks befuddled by the situation, while Shin Jae Ho grows enraged and Seo Moon Jo wears an unreadable smile on his face. It looks like Seo Moon Jo is taking the next step towards his plan to draw Yoon Jong Woo deeper into hell.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1355715wpp/lee-dong-wook-displays-cold-charisma-as-he-approaches-im-siwans-acquaintances-in-strangers-from-hell

Idk why but eventhough this show is creepy af:wacko: it still manages to lull me to sleep:w00t:

I've considered dropping this many times as it's a struggle to watch, both because there's no subs & it's dark (literally) which heightens my anxiety..:sweatingbullets: Si  Wan is losing it & who could blame him? I really dislike the gf:rolleyes: It appears the residents were sane when they first stayed at the Eden Hostel. Lee Dong Wook somehow managed to turn them into psychos. Honestly when will Si Wan & the busker newbie learn never to eat or drink anything from that place!:crazy:

The  busker newbie looks like he's a mole of some kind, there with his own m.o. Although I absolutely don't condone violence, that @$$hole co-worker had it coming tbh<_< And gee what a whiny, stuttering mama's boy at that EW:rolleyes: Don't get me started on Si Wan's boss either! Now the policewoman starts to believe Si Wan, though will it be too late??

17 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

The  busker newbie looks like he's a mole of some kind

Later we found out that is nit the case:crazy:

17 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

Although I absolutely don't condone violence, that @$$hole co-worker had it coming tbh<_<

Oh yes! 100% that guy really raises my blood pressure high! It feels that The guy earn a beating from JW. He earned it, and he should stuff his face with it because he bully JW! 

57 minutes ago, nat_phoenix88 said:

As the viewer, I feel annoyed. When don't you leave that damn placeee... you keep saying the people are weird and want to move out.

Because of monetary problems for him. All the rent fees are too expensive, and now that he is there they are not letting him leave...Dentist  especially..

@Sushimi

Oh really? Who was the person he was trying to call then? I got super creeped out when that piece of plank used to hold the door open nearly fell:blink: but of course it wasn't worth it as Dong Wook caught him:rolleyes:

I mean he acts like such a child right?! If you can't get the girl, why don't you look at yourself instead of blaming Si Wan? Y'know what I mean LoL. 

@nat_phoenix88

IKR LoL. But then there won't be a drama either (shrug) it's as @Sushimi said they're economically strapped-_- Not having money sucks:P

Hell Is Other People: Episode 7

by Sunny

HOP07-00088-1.jpg

How do you gauge your mental state when the people you think are crazy say you’re fine, and those you believed were on your side turn away? Our hero is quickly unraveling as his life continues to fall apart. A new tenant alters the dynamic of Eden Goshiwon, but whether that’s for better or worse remains to be seen.

EPISODE 7: “The Horror of the Basement”

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/10/hell-is-other-people-episode-7/

@larus little old me is just waiting for number 8 recap..cause number 8 is sooo good dark mindedness really liking it. :) 

Have you watch ep 8? Do tell us about it :) 

2 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

little old me is just waiting for number 8 recap..cause number 8 is sooo good dark mindedness really liking it. :) 

Have you watch ep 8? Do tell us about it :) 

No, I did not watch it. Right now I don`t have time to watch many dramas. Usually I start watching 6-7 dramas but now I  barely can watch 2. I start threads for dramas that I intent to watch so later, I will definetly start binge watching it.

I am glad that there people who enjoy watching this drama.

The perks of rewatching..You get to feel more in-depth compared to the first time...

Looking through EP 8, not sure about you. But i often feel that JW is under a trance/Brainwash. He is actually listening to MZ but he is going back and forth with MZ & his conscious...He accepted MZ but he just doesn't really know it.

Some scenes speaks on it own. Like..Police station scene. It feels that MZ is leading JW back, and JW actually did follow with him. But of cause his facial feature is like.."No. I don't want to go.." (His facial is his conscious at that moment)

They walk together..why though very well JW can just leave..

Then as MZ ask him to go up first,JW seems to be following quietly not saying a word...

Then when that trance gets to him thus he, hallucinate,cause the fight with the co-worker & whatever in the park. His eyes states death..it strangely feels like the eyes of those neighbours..(This is when MZ's brainwashing kinda kicks in full force at that point)

This one to me is more obvious.BBQ chicken. MZ enters the conversation with JW,BOSS,JE. When JW asked MZ to go out to talk...JW asked MZ why is he following him but he change it to,i don't mind that you are following me (Suspicious,who would mind being stalk eh?)

While MZ tells JW to kill the boss cause it's his nature. JW eyebrow lift up. Kinda like "Oh? Alright" that kind...Then momentarily JW talks to the boss with aggression. "Watch out." Then suddenly he starts to say..Boss is in trouble. When boss leaves.

He is fighting it...he knows that MZ is going to kill him..but did he try it stop it? No. He knows very well that MZ is going to kill him but he let him..

At thus point, he is already under MZ pretty much.. but not completely..

Anyways..

D2 to DDAY can't wait!

Hell Is Other People: Episode 8

by Sunny

HOP08-00020-1.jpg

Our hero has hit his breaking point, but the time has come to make a choice. A homicidal maniac has extended his hand and it’s up to Jong-woo whether to take it, fight back, or run. Unfortunately, time is running short and his life isn’t the only one on the line.

EPISODE 8: “Voices That Choke Me”

http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/10/hell-is-other-people-episode-8/

Im Siwan Talks About “Strangers From Hell,” Reveals How He’s Changed Since His 20s

Oct 4, 2019
by R. Jun

c5d76a5c155e468cb64778f8bcb2a946.jpeg?s=

Im Siwan reflected on OCN’s “Strangers From Hell.”

The actor, who recently wrapped filming for the 10-episode thriller, said, “I wondered how time flew so fast. It seemed like filming just started days ago, but it’s already over.”

He added, “My thirst for acting hasn’t been satisfied. I’ve got a lot of energy left to keep working for a while with no rest.”

Im Siwan compared acting in “Strangers From Hell” to playing house. “Amazingly, all of the actors were so good at playing. Two years ago, I became determined to have fun while acting, and after this drama, that feeling has become even stronger.”

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1356641wpp/im-siwan-talks-about-strangers-from-hell-reveals-how-hes-changed-since-his-20s

“Strangers From Hell” Finale Reported To Be Rated 19+

Oct 4, 2019
by E. Cha

88c3fde156274449a564cf4d0ae40219.jpeg?s=

The upcoming finale of OCN’s “Strangers from Hell” may be rated 19+.

For the first nine episodes of its run, the mystery thriller starring Im Siwan and Lee Dong Wook has been rated 15+. However, according to a new report by Korean media outlet TV Report, the 10th and final episode of the drama will be its first to be rated 19+.

Based on a highly popular webtoon, “Strangers from Hell” tells the story of Yoon Jong Woo (played by Im Siwan), an aspiring novelist who moves to Seoul and unexpectedly finds himself caught in a hell created by other people. The final episode of the drama will reportedly focus on the hellish moments created by Yoon Jong Woo’s bizarre surroundings, as well as his character’s psychological transformation. In order to improve the quality of the production and more effectively express the writer and director’s intentions, the producers are said to have ultimately chosen to change the rating for the finale.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1356676wpp/strangers-from-hell-finale-reported-to-be-rated-19

Archived