[Drama 2019] Strangers from Hell, 타인은 지옥이다

larus

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“Strangers From Hell” Premieres To Solid Ratings + “Hotel Del Luna” Heads Into Finale At Top Of Its Time Slot

Sep 1, 2019
by E. Cha
dedb4de7c9224cf895614712aea593cd.jpeg?s=

OCN’s new drama “Strangers from Hell” is off to a promising start!

Based on a highly popular webtoon, “Strangers from Hell” is a new mystery thriller starring Im Siwan as Yoon Jong Woo, an aspiring novelist who moves to Seoul after receiving an internship offer. After moving into the seemingly ordinary Eden Goshiwon (an economical type of housing commonly leased by students preparing for an important exam), Yoon Jong Woo unexpectedly finds himself caught in a hell created by his unusual neighbors.

According to Nielsen Korea, the August 31 premiere of “Strangers from Hell” scored an average viewership rating of 3.8 percent and a peak of 4.2 percent nationwide. Although it fell short of the finale ratings for “Watcher,” the OCN drama that previously occupied its time slot (which ended on an all-time high of 6.6 percent nationwide), it achieved higher ratings than the “Watcher” premiere, which scored an average of 3.0 percent during its first broadcast back in July.

“Strangers from Hell” also performed well with the key demographic of viewers ages 25 to 49, with whom it scored an average rating of 2.8 percent and a peak of 3.3 percent for its first episode.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1349409wpp/strangers-from-hell-premieres-to-solid-ratings-hotel-del-luna-heads-into-finale-at-top-of-its-time-slot

Lee Dong Wook Prepares To Bring More Intrigue To “Strangers From Hell” As Mysterious Dentist

Sep 1, 2019
by J. Lim

ce053920096f48fda1090be9fe518696.jpeg?s=

OCN’s new drama “Strangers from Hell” has released new stills showing Lee Dong Wook’s proper introduction into the series.

“Strangers from Hell” is an adaptation of a popular webtoon and follows the story of Yoon Jong Woo (played by Im Siwan), an aspiring young novelist who comes to Seoul to pursue his dreams but ends up going through hell because of the residents living in his dorm.

The drama premiered to solid ratings on August 31, and Lee Dong Wook is set to bring more excitement to the story from the second episode as dentist Seo Moon Jo. He runs a clinic near the dorms and is a mysterious character who is great at conversation and is quite artistic. The first episode had shown a glimpse of him as a talented and kind dentist when So Jung Hwa (played by Ahn Eun Jin) had needed to get some treatment.

A teaser for the second episode showed Seo Moon Jo talking to someone and saying, “I’m going straight home after work,” and “Because I want to see for myself.” Armed with a cake in his hand, he walks home after work and it will be interesting to find out what exactly he wants to see.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1349444wpp/lee-dong-wook-prepares-to-bring-more-intrigue-to-strangers-from-hell-as-mysterious-dentist

2 hours ago, staygold said:

We have something very special here!!! Ep 1 looks extremely promising. @sushilicious I think this is going to be very big!

Yes! I just watched the first EP! It’s awesome! I can’t wait for subs tomorrow! The strangers there really are from hell huh..

10/10 for ep 1

and..you know how ironic it is? Siwan dropping off at Siwon Station :joy:similar name 

Yikes. What is this..?? A horror movie or drama..?! :wacko: I forgot Si-Wan already out of army, how time flies! And what's Lee Dong-Wook doin' here? :blink: Shouldn't he be in a romcom somewhere LoL? :lol:

The place Si-Wan stays in is EW. I mean it's dingy & the residents are..creepy.. Still better him than me I suppose:w00t: I would bolt right out of there in a heartbeat. 

The drama seems good but I can't watch all of the scenes. 

I'm scared watching the creepy and horrifying scenes. 

Watching scary scenes gives me nightmares. So I covered my eyes or sometimes skip few scenes.

I hope SiWan's character gets out from that place alive.

If he does, I hope he doesn't turn crazy or become a psychopath or a serial killer at the end of the drama.

P.S.

Is the webtoon finished? To those who read the webtoon please give me spoilers of what happened to SiWan's character. Thanks

The title should be "Apartment From Hell"....:skull:  A week in there I would probably died from complications of bladder infections and constipation due to toilet phobia, skin allergy causes by mold dust mites combo, Rhinitis Asthmatic Bronchitis Tuberculosis due to horrible air, and heart attack from the weirdo resident....:skull:  I would say that the scariest part of this drama so far is the filthy condition of the apartment....:persevere: RIP me.....:skull:

i just watched the 2nd episode and ermygawd the 4th floor is also filthy. i am still disgusted with the filth. episode 2 was a tad scarier because of the violence...but i don't find violence super scary. i will say that lee dong wook seems oddly pristine and angelic for his character lmaooo. in the last camera shot, i noticed how much taller lee dong wook (184 cm) was than im siwan (175 cm) and immediately my mind was like "oooOooh cute height difference!" haha. but im siwan is right...the tenants in the building that laugh too much and smile too much are just as creepy as the one that stares too much. i didn't know Koreans had a similar attitude to East Coasters about smiling too much at strangers. noted. 

yeah, looks like im siwan is the new "honey" haha i love that. 

I’m loving how these two guys are going to have loads of ‘fun’ together :joy:. Honestly love this side of LDW. Then seeing ISW’s character, I feel like he himself isn’t really that great either? But he is way better then those staying there. Can’t wait to see his character & LDW’s character takes off. 

Ooo LDW saying: Honey. 

*internally screaming* hahahaha, oh I love you LDW for saying that. Pwhahaha

and the woman who is the gate keeper for the studio...I wonder why they respected her...right off the bat I feel like, she is the Mother of LDW’s character...maybe? 

I never read the webtoons but I feel like it could be possible that the gate keeper opens this studio to lure people in for his Son to do what he loves to do...

EP 10/10 still. Going strong!

Good grief.

This drama is crazy strange.

I am still trying to wrap my head around what has happened so far in Ep 1 and 2.

I do feel ISW's character has the potential to turn into someone like LDW's (Dentist) character. He has his bursts of violence and a contained veneer.

At first, I was quite unimpressed by the fact that they portrayed the 'weirdos' as these unattractive individuals but throw in LDW (who reminds me of Mo Tae Gu (Kim Jae Wook from Voice) and I am sold!

PS. I haven't read the webtoon.

5 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

At first, I was quite unimpressed by the fact that they portrayed the 'weirdos' as these unattractive individuals but throw in LDW (who reminds me of Mo Tae Gu (Kim Jae Wook from Voice) and I am sold!

The weirdo who killed the detective inside the car has quite gotten the looks. :lol:

22 hours ago, crackaddict said:

i just watched the 2nd episode and ermygawd the 4th floor is also filthy. i am still disgusted with the filth. episode 2 was a tad scarier because of the violence...but i don't find violence super scary. i will say that lee dong wook seems oddly pristine and angelic for his character lmaooo. in the last camera shot, i noticed how much taller lee dong wook (184 cm) was than im siwan (175 cm) and immediately my mind was like "oooOooh cute height difference!" haha. but im siwan is right...the tenants in the building that laugh too much and smile too much are just as creepy as the one that stares too much. i didn't know Koreans had a similar attitude to East Coasters about smiling too much at strangers. noted. 

yeah, looks like im siwan is the new "honey" haha i love that. 

Totally misread your comment and was like “i’ve never heard people say east coasters are friendly!” I’m from here grew up in nj close to ny. Every time my beat friend visits and we go out to eat in my town or go into the city she’s like “jeez why r u mean” but west coasters cant be thaata different

im halfway through ep 1 and wow this show is WEIRD. I echo any spoilers that can be given. I loved ‘trap’ which was the first dramatic cinema foray and i think it did a great weird job but i was upset about the evil ;-; kinda hope im siwan’s character stays normal.

whatsup with the laughing dude? Like does he have some sort of intellectual disability or is he just psycho

hope the show is good enough to keep up with. i loved watching trap so i'm excited for the second installation of te dramatic cinema series. but i don't remember being able to discuss the insanity that was that show!

Archived