[Drama 2019] Strangers from Hell, 타인은 지옥이다

larus

On 10/1/2019 at 6:15 AM, Sushimi said:

:joy: China fans are shipping MJ & JW together! :glasses: bromance glasses on!

yayyy! I ship too! :joy:

Ahhhh me too me too! I didn’t really think of them that way until the recent episodes where MJ’s obsession is creepily becoming a bit too much and the chinese fans started picking up on the interactions!! Are you chinese too? 

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, alwayshaaech said:

Ahhhh me too me too! I didn’t really think of them that way until the recent episodes where MJ’s obsession is creepily becoming a bit too much and the chinese fans started picking up on the interactions!! Are you chinese too? 

Haha I am, but I have to say that my chinese is not at its best, but it’s still okay haha

Yes, MJ obsession is just calling for ship :joy:

38 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

Haha I am, but I have to say that my chinese is not at its best, but it’s still okay haha

Yes, MJ obsession is just calling for ship :joy:

Bruh I am the same.. my chinese is a bit meh hahaha but u know I started watching this drama cause it was recommended to me by a friend so when I first started watching it, there wasn’t a lot of hype... and then now it’s pretty popular and u can find stuff about it on bb and weibo hhh I’m so glad!

3 minutes ago, alwayshaaech said:

Bruh I am the same.. my chinese is a bit meh hahaha but u know I started watching this drama cause it was recommended to me by a friend so when I first started watching it, there wasn’t a lot of hype... and then now it’s pretty popular and u can find stuff about it on bb and weibo hhh I’m so glad!

Yes! The ship on Weibo is so huge :joy: love it!

大魔王’s favourite rabbit :joy: 

it’s sad that this thread is pretty inactive.. :( 

simitv made a SFH themed Cardboard studio for his hamster

Omg yes why is it so inactive... the drama seems to have a good response... guess not a lot of people wanna discuss it...??

AHAHAH it’s actually pretty detailed, so cool yet cute! But it just makes me think about the condition of the cramped room that our lead has to live in... poor guy

16 hours ago, alwayshaaech said:

guess not a lot of people wanna discuss it...

Hahahaha maybe because it's dark. I for one am a fan and I discuss shows I love here on Soompi but you're right, it seems I'm not into discussing it here in this thread. In my point of view, I think it's primarily because the theme is not something to speculate about or delve into deeper. For this drama, I'm a spectator first and I'm merely watching the narrative unfold. I love that this show is getting the attention it deserves. :)

Catching up on the episodes (I know it's  the final week)

But the psychological pressure is wearing on Jong Woo.

Pressure from work, girlfriend and his neighbours.

It does beg the question. The Dentist is keen on making Jong Woo part of the 'team' because he sees that Jong Woo shares some psychopathic tendencies. He's is not a sociopath (yet) as he does have a conscience and concern for others. Once he loses that aspect of his personality, he may as well turn into someone like the Dentist.

I do have a bad feeling that Jong Woo will be incorporated into the group and the female cop will die. Her being Jong Woo's test subject for dismemberment.

Pretty grim.

PS I have not read the comic so I am going in blind.

Okay..to sum up..I honestly can’t say much. 

The ending of it it is to prepare us for whatever is about come tomorrow. It’s following the webtoon and I honestly I’m speechless about it.

We can see that JW hallucinates and still being angry. MJ kidnaps JE. And thus which lead to JW going back to the studio...The final fight will begin tomorrow. I honestly can’t wait.

@Ameera Ali

3 Things To Watch For As “Strangers From Hell” Comes To An End

Oct 5, 2019
by L. Kim

88c3fde156274449a564cf4d0ae40219.jpeg?s=

“Strangers From Hell” is coming to an end this weekend!

With tension increasing between the characters, viewers are curious about the approaching ending.

Spoilers

Here are three things to keep an eye out for as the drama spirals toward its conclusion:

Explosive confrontation between Yoon Jong Woo (Im Siwan) and Seo Moon Jo (Lee Dong Wook)

In the previous episode, Seo Moon Jo started to tighten his influence over Yoon Jong Woo more and more. Yoon Jong Woo begged Seo Moon Jo to leave him alone, but Seo Moon Jo vowed that he never loses a target. Furthermore, Seo Moon Jo murdered Shin Jae Ho (Cha Rae Hyung) as he said, “I don’t usually act impulsively, but Jong Woo is special to me.” Viewers are drawn to the remaining story of the two strange housemates with a thin, old wall between them.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1356892wpp/3-things-to-watch-for-as-strangers-from-hell-comes-to-an-end

He really went all out to be scary and creepy. A change from his most recent drama.

PVpjgi.png

Will Jong Woo win against his baser instincts?

Tonight!

Interesting that Ep 9 is 'Cognitive Dissonance'

The term cognitive dissonance is used to describe the feelings of discomfort that result when your beliefs run counter to your behaviors and/or new information that is presented to you. People tend to seek consistency in their attitudes and perceptions, so when what you hold true is challenged or what you do doesn't jibe with what you think, something must change in order to eliminate or reduce the dissonance (lack of agreement). A classic example of this is "explaining something away."

https://www.verywellmind.com/what-is-cognitive-dissonance-2795012

PS. Any indication there will be a sequel?

12 hours ago, Sushimi said:

The ending of it it is to prepare us for whatever is about come tomorrow.

There's a reason why it's R-19 right? Is the ending something like, "Will he or will he not?" as in, "Will he turn into a monster or not?"

43 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

There's a reason why it's R-19 right? Is the ending something like, "Will he or will he not?" as in, "Will he turn into a monster or not?"

Yup. He will probably do something that goes the opposite of his morales..but I feel he is doing it to stop the pain & to stop MJ & the others for hurting other innocent lives.

To me, now I feel he will turn for the sake of wanting peace. He has no choice.

I was expecting the drama to come out and finally I dropped after episode 5. I watched quite a lot of movies and TV series of the same types such as asylum, psycho and so on. SFH has everything it should have to attract me to follow from the topic to the cast (LDW to be specific). However I still dropped it by half way. 

I was thinking why I wasn’t attracted by the show. There are a number of reasons and of course, all is just personal perspective.

1. I am not convinced by the acting’s of the twins. It isn’t easy to perform a mental illness person and keeps giggling and laughing doesn’t work in this. For me, it looks unrealistic. It is just annoying.

2. A lot of the time LDW talks but doesn’t open his mouth which leads to his face no movement. It doesn’t make things mysterious or creepy but makes his acting quite stiff and lack of emotion. A serial killer or a psychopath doesn’t necessarily have a poker & pale face.

3. Is it that easy to kill and hide in Korea? A detective went missing after a several people, a manager was killed in an office (with no CCTV in the building as well as inside the office). 

4. Apart from what happened at work, JW’s girlfriend lives quite well in a shared apartment. I don’t know how much and how long have they been in a relationship but it isn’t a passionate one. Lack of communication, understanding and sharing. I told my boyfriend the difficulties I had at work, how my colleagues bullied me, how I hated food at the canteen. He told me how he hated his customers and his manager, when he needed money since payday still weeks and so on. Sometimes just by messages. JW and his girlfriend, their relationship sounds no attached.

5. Finally, JW as a NEW intern who has NO ability and gets the job due to RELATIONSHIPS then his attitude at work definitely receive hatred. It is true to everyone. If I worked with him I’d not like him as well (Luckily I didn’t otherwise I’d be killed). I’m not saying he has to kiss someone’s a**, but he (27 years old) should be more sensitive in behaviour. 

I hope I don’t annoy any SFH fans. Just what I think personally :ph34r:

Archived