[Drama 2019] Romance Is a Bonus Book ♥ 로맨스는 별책부록

Maetawinz

23 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Nice job on combining text and pictures. Thank you! I think it's better with the pictures, but I don't really have a photo upload facility right now to include screen shots. so, thanks for doing that.

You know, tvN is posting these epilogues after the episode is finished on IG, Twitter and fb...

There is no need to make screencaps)))

So, If you are going to translate them till the end of the drama - I'll do it with pleasure!:D

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

As we live, we will meet hurdles in our lives which are just too difficult to go over.
What helps us get over those hurdles is not any stupendous thing.
Saying that you can do it, that encouragement from sympathetic people.
Whatever the result, the belief that you can do it well conveyed by a hand gesture

I love this quote. And... thank you again. :D

• Like 6

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Oh, I see. I translate them right after I watch the episode usually since I'm curious about what they say. I wasn't posting the translations initially since there are subs which try to capture the essence of the thought. However, I noticed that the subs weren't just abbreviating the sentiments, sometimes they were writing an incorrect or misleading sentiment in their drive to shorten them to the viewing time available. Anyway, it seemed as if some people here might like to read what the epilogue sentiments say in entirety so I started posting a few translations to the thread. I'll try to continue doing that until the end of the drama as long as people want to read them. :)

Thank you so much @stroppyse for your effort.  Please continue to translate, I love to read them, word by word, line by line - inspiring.  And @ibru thanks for all the updates and posting.  Again, as usual, you are very prompt. :heart: 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

The CEO has made it quite clear what the company's policy is like - anyone who is a contract staff needs to reapply to the common pool to be considered for a permanent job. Ms Go wanting to terminate Dani's contract is really out of pettiness - I just feel like she is threatened by Dani. Thinking all this while that Dani is "only" a high school grad, surely she can't be this competent. Realising that she is actually experienced probably gives her an excuse to "get back" at Dani. There is nothing kind nor nurturing about this woman. She could easily have advised Dani - "look, you're clearly better than just a casual office support staff. How about applying for a perm position here?" But she doesn't do that. She's a very tit-for-tat person. I'd like to think that Dani will indeed apply for a perm job, and given that everyone else already knows her, has seen her work, and likes her, she will get the job.

@xXMzSmilesXxAs regards whether Dani was trying to get a marketing job in a roundabout way, no, I don't think that was her intention when she applied for the Task Support Team. She clearly did that out of desperation. But to Ms Go, it would not look that way, cos Ms Go can't see beyond her own nose. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Anyway, it seemed as if some people here might like to read what the epilogue sentiments say in entirety so I started posting a few translations to the thread. I'll try to continue doing that until the end of the drama as long as people want to read them. :)

I am enjoying them as well, and I keep sending people over here to read them. Keep it up! :)

• Like 7

@gilaswan

Agreed (nods) that it was pettiness. 

It was pretty obvious when Dan-I came up with ideas for the gift wrapped books, the blurb etc, that female chief editor was seething with envy. 

As you've mentioned, she couldn't stand someone who's her subordinate to outdo her at something which is considered her turf/speciality. And yea I find her very unlikeable. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

On 3/4/2019 at 11:39 PM, bebebisous33 said:

I thought, after she had confided to DY and Seo, she would open up and change

I thought too.

But next day, her face says, nooo.

On 3/5/2019 at 12:49 AM, nubianlegalmind said:

And, it is a contract position. I don't think she should be fired, but I do feel like instead, they should pull her aside and inform her that they know she left out some details on her resume. Due to this, the contract will not be renewed and she will have to wait at least 6 months to a year before she can apply for a full-time permanent position. The unfair part is that so far, she has been a model employee. 

Yup, apply for permanent after a year. Rather than just terminate.period.

On 3/5/2019 at 12:52 AM, Latte_Anyday said:

I don't think it was smart for Seo-Joon:rolleyes: to pick the same passcode for both the door to his home AND the secret room

I do not think it is the same. At first , i thought its the same.

But after looking carefully. The front door is just 0423 (episode 12 mins 28:45) and inside the house, the secret room door is 0423*.(episode 8 mins 22:14)

Maybe i am wrong. :rolleyes:

On 3/5/2019 at 2:39 AM, stroppyse said:

LOL. The secret room has his research on the author Kang Byung Joon. They showed it in one of the earlier episodes

Yup in episode 8.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Latte_Anyday said:

@gilaswan

Agreed (nods) that it was pettiness. 

It was pretty obvious when Dan-I came up with ideas for the gift wrapped books, the blurb etc, that female chief editor was seething with envy. 

As you've mentioned, she couldn't stand someone who's her subordinate to outdo her at something which is considered her turf/speciality. And yea I find her very unlikeable. 

Lackluster management on her part, too, not to encourage subordinates, give them credit, recognize skills and talents that make the whole team better. Another manager in Ms. Go's place would be happy to have DY's creativity and resourcefulness in-house. 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, stroppyse said:

So, it's not that she's a stickler for the rules that is the problem, but that she's so petty about things. She's a bitter person, and it seeps through. I hope she finds something which makes her happy because her life and her work are clearly not enough for her after all.

You and everyone who thinks that Ms. Go is petty are correct.  She is a bitter person, she has no love life, picking up someone in the club is not a love life, she has no real friends, and she is insecure in her position. She gave up on being happy for what, a career?  Her intended husband moved on got married and has three sons.  Although he quit his high paying job and failed at business, he has a positive attitude about life.  Ms. Go chose a career and she is miserable and lonely. A job title cannot keep you warm at night or comfort you when you have a problem.  I am not going to say she is evil, but I am saying that she needs to get a life outside of the publishing company.  She needs to make some friends, and find someone to love.

I still think that she stole the Dan-Yi's slogan/Blurb.  

• Like 5

19 minutes ago, Carmarie said:

You and everyone who thinks that Ms. Go is petty are correct.  She is a bitter person, she has no love life, picking up someone in the club is not a love life, she has no real friends, and she is insecure in her position. She gave up on being happy for what, a career?  Her intended husband moved on got married and has three sons.  Although he quit his high paying job and failed at business.  He has a positive attitude about life.  Ms. Go chose a career and she is miserable and lonely. A job title cannot keep you warm at night or comfort you when you have a problem.  I am not going to say she is evil, but I am saying that she needs to get a life outside of the publishing company.  She needs to make some friends, and find someone to love.

I still think that she stole the Dan-Yi's slogan/Blurb.  

She has no idea that the CEO intents to give CEH his seat. Notice that she often brags in front of the CEO... yet she is unaware of their close relationship. The CEO knows CEH's secret. Imagine her reaction, when she hears that he wants to give the seat to CEH... Deep down, she might have even imagined that the CEO would nominate her. She considers herself superior to CEH because she ordered him to fire DY. CEH never fought against her therefore he confirmed her this perception.  

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

99666F4C5C7C029F39

https://twitter.com/ohnue914/status/1102246542264565760

99168C4A5C7C0E4419

https://twitter.com/ohnue914/status/1102259234803085312

995DD4415C7C25690C

https://twitter.com/ohnue914/status/1102283979116339200

"Romance Is A Bonus Book" Ep. 12

Lee Jong Suk & Lee na Young

WE WERE HOLDING HANDS

That night, we kept holding hands and walking.
We shared a goldfish bun with one hand even though it was very uncomfortable.
As if we had only just found the puzzle piece that we had been looking for so long,
As if we had never been apart from the beginning and were one body.
It was an ordinary, and yet romantic, night.

Text @stroppyse

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

thought you guys might enjoy ^^

i'm really loving this kdrama. i took such a long break from kdramas - apart from Goblin, i've pretty much not watched any for the past 2-3 years. happy to be back.. and with such a beauty, subtle telling of a classic type of story.. eh, i've missed it. 

Edited by jrose_94
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, ibru said:

Romance Is A Bonus Book" Ep. 12

Lee Jong Suk & Lee na Young

WE WERE HOLDING HANDS

That night, we kept holding hands and walking.
We shared a goldfish bun with one hand even though it was very uncomfortable.
As if we had only just found the puzzle piece that we had been looking for so long,
As if we had never been apart from the beginning and were one body.
It was an ordinary, and yet romantic, night.

The thing is they were holding hands before, Dan-Yi just would not acknowledge her feelings.  Eun-ho is the most important person to her, and she is afraid if their relationship goes wrong, she cannot lean on him any longer. I can understand her hesitation, and I love the way their relationship is blooming.  It is so cute.  I love the phase "...as if we had only just found the puzzle piece that we had been looking for for so long.....It was an ordinary, and yet romantic, night."  Aah :blush:

• Like 5
  • Love 1