[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

My friend said she wouldn’t be surprised if sunny ends up being pregnant. I dismissed it at first since it’s such a common trope but I guess it would mess up the nanny’s plans (if it’s a boy) and will keep the love triangle going and also parallel with the emperor’s past. Then this would be the ultimate makjang lmao

Oh, and the Crown Prince would also go to jail if the news break since he knew about the murder but didn’t say anything for 7 years

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Crystal Kim said:

My friend said she wouldn’t be surprised if sunny ends up being pregnant.

Hi @Crystal Kim Wow your friend is observant about that. We can't forget that Lee Hyuk and Sunny did consummate their wedding night. Was it their wedding night? Who knows she get might pregnant later, right? Wow....that's very interesting.

7 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

*sobs omg what did i miss?!! my sister went into labour last night and we had to fly out suddenly coz she lives in diff city..

will catch up today after all the craziness..

Hi @Matilda_Anne how's your sister doing? Baby is safe and healthy? Boy or girl? Congratulations :)

Now I understand why Wang Shik is the one saving Sunny when Sunny Save Hyuk from the Joon Sung brother. Cause the true otp of this drama is Sunny and Wang Shik. I was thinking why the hell this fat guy saving Sunny. Why? I keep saying to myself. I never thought he will transform to Choi Jin Hyuk. I never read the synopsis and just watch the drama cause I really like Jang Nara and SSR and thought they look good together. I thought they will be together in this drama. I was a fool for hoping this drama is about SSR and Jang  Nara. This is my mistake for not reading the synopsis. I just saw the ads and start watching it. Now that Sunny hates Hyuk so much and even Bin has confessed his feelings. Feel so sad cause Hyuk tried to be nice and all went wrong. Nothing goes well. I know how evil Hyuk is but I think every1 deserve a 2nd chance. After they showed Hyuk starting to become nice, I support him but its just sad that I think I know what will happened already. I was hoping Bin will forgive him since he didnt kill his mother intentionally. But the way this goes is not going there. I think the ending would be Hyuk die just to save Sunny. Even though the OTP shows progress the ratings went upside down. I hate how they make Hyuk trying to become nice just to be destroyed in the end. I regret watching this drama. I think I will not watch it anymore. Ending for sure is Hyuk dying so His brother Yoon, Bin, and Sunny can laugh out loud and Bin got his revenge. Bin and Sunny together in the end. 

3 hours ago, stroppyse said:

As for the romance, I would prefer SN be with the man who has always cared for her and saved her than the man who has tried to kill her, so I hope the writer isn't persuaded to try to redeem Hyuk to the point where SN is supposed to take him back, though the last episodes seems to be trying to go there maybe. I can see why viewers might find the romance a bit boring though. It's a bit of sanity surrounded by makjang on every side. As for me, I would prefer if they made better progress with the SN-NS romance now that they are working on the same side. Since this drama is going for full makjang anyway, couldn't SN and NS have a full blown romance as part of it, with opportunities for them to be a cute couple?

will have to agree with some of the naver comments. there was one that pointed out that there was so much sizzle with the scene where he covered her eyes while seeing yura and emperor on boat. that bridge scene was an absolute knock out. him putting an ice pack on her feet, or carrying her... there were many earlier scenes that had a real sizzle. now in the later scenes, that sizzle is missing which is why knetz seem to be jumping on the other ship. besides the comedy factor, the other ship doesn't have any sizzle at all but it is just amusing to watch. so I don't think the viewers are even taking it seriously as there is the character  ㅋㅋㅋㅋ to indicate "hahaha / kekekeke" that most of these comments are said in a kind of jest.

that said, even some of the writer's previous works had that kind of comic vibe with the ex like in the temptation of wife. but they didn't end up together. a clue that end game is sunny and wang shik is how sunny reacts to emperor. haven't seen yesterday's episode yet but in wednesday's episode, emperor is trying to woo her and you see her almost sucked in and then she is reminded of jedi master's words about how she was used as an alibi to cover the accident. then her anger, frustration wells up and she sees his true face and calls him out on his behaviour...  so now with her finding out about her own mom's death, it is a divide that can never be bridged.

but I wouldn't mind some of that old sizzle between wang shik and sunny. it was fun to watch. not sure why it is missing but I can't help but notice choi jin hyuk looks exhausted and kind of like he lost weight? but this isn't a rom-com anyway. all for the revenge plot and to see how all these knots are unfolded. so even if the romance falls flat, it doesn't matter as much...

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

edit: I think the only reason I'm still following this drama is to watch the Dowager Empress being brought down to her knees and put in prison. Or a psych ward.

QZ5oykT.gif

Yes... THIS!

This is really the reason why I am still watching the drama now.

Not to forget. MYR, LH and annoying Nanny.

I have absolutely NO LOVE for these 4.

I don't understand the rationale to make LH "human", "funny" and "pitiful" to viewers.

And I've said before.. I don't understand why would Sunny, the crown prince reveal their cards to ED all the freaking time....

One thing for sure, ED's vanity gonna be the one to take her down completely.

SleepyDistantFossa-size_restricted.gif

P.S @Crystal Kim can't be. How many sun and moon has passed since they do the deed? 

That will be the last straw for me as it will be so... what do you call it???  makjang? :joy:

wow the latest ep is soooooo intense!!!!

when crazy hyuk appears, i'm like "damn back to crazy hyuk", was enjoying his cuteness for a while in the last few eps lol.

but ok i just have one complain, shouldn't crown prince have like a backup plan or something when he force the hospital director to hold a press conference??? like didn't he at least thought that the director would call ED and complain or something? like omg!! 

the moment sunny knew about the truth behind her mom's death i was like uh oh, hyuk's in deep trouble~ 

i feel kinda bad for the princess sojin when she saw wb and sunny's hot pack moment, like her expression looked so heartbroken omg but kudos to her when she quickly saved wb from ed's questioning!!! guess love makes you do crazy things heh.

AND that ending tho??? i was like woah woah wb finally confessed?? but is it really telling the truth tho.. 

can't wait for next week's episode!!!  

I'm worried about Sunny and Woo Bin, I'm worry the writer is gonna do a 180 and be pressured into making LH/SN endgame, I'm worried she's going to throw the unexpected pregnancy trope in just to create more drama.

This is what I afraid of, the writer will follow Knetz opinion...

Looks like the writer will bring wb/ws character to death..as in this two recent episodes, the word death keep coming out from him. I'm ok..haha lets make viewers supporting LH become guilty! 

I wonder the writer's direction after this to bring the character of WS/WB to real torture as the people who knows as WS is now comeback ALIVE.

crossfinger on the death of WB/WS:cold_sweat:

My personal opinion only. I feel the romance of Woo Bin and Sunny is what we call soft, sweet and warming relationship. This two developed feeling not in short time. They fall to each other because they know that they need one another. And they promised to protect till the end. I hope one day Woo Bin will become cheerful again after all the mess finished like he was before. And I got feeling Woo Bin only declare he likes her not love her in front of emperor to keep his secret for revenge strategy go on the right track.

20 minutes ago, PutriSalju said:

My personal opinion only. I feel the romance of Woo Bin and Sunny is what we call soft, sweet and warming relationship. This two developed feeling not in short time. They fall to each other because they know that they need one another. And they promised to protect till the end. I hope one day Woo Bin will become cheerful again after all the mess finished like he was before. And I got feeling Woo Bin only declare he likes her not love her in front of emperor to keep his secret for revenge strategy go on the right track.

Agree.Then this is right away like in the synopsis, Sunny will find TRUE LOVE!:heart:

29 minutes ago, PutriSalju said:

My take for his declaration is actually not love.

It's more like a fierce protection he has for Sunny.

And... I think he is the only one who don't go up to LH or ED in the face and say "I will expose you!"

But then.. he did stupid thing like looking for his mum's body and crying with MYR on the loose. 

Did anyone else feel conflicted about the Princess Ari scandal this episode? ED perhaps put an outrageous spin on the hitting but Sunni isn’t exactly blameless. :(

Also, I was kinda touched that Sojin clearly still cares deeply for Ari. I hope the two make up come the end of the series 

Hi guys, randomly decided to check out the show and had to join the discussions, the drama is something else lool.

Reading the comments about the show and I mean.. Yeah SSR is really good in the role and him and JN do work well together and there are some moments that are funny but seriously.... Even with all the smiles and comedic moments  he is still mistreating and deceiving her. 

It also feels like each episode they keep showing and adding more reasons as to why Sunny would never be with him. I know this is an over the top makjang drama but unless both characters suddenly get amnesia lool, don't know how Sunny and LH can end up together. LH, his mother, the nanny, and even some of the staff need to end up in prison or a mental institution. 

Also about WB before everything he was a happy go lucky person it is understandable that he is not really a cheery happy person anymore considering everything that has happened and that he is not exactly well, I understand why the romance with Sunny and WB would be more slow paced, they are both dealing with a lot. 

@stroppyse Thanks, I tend to get really invested when I come across shows I really enjoy XD.

Oh thank god, I'm glad I wasn't the only one who went dude?! srsly?! at what LH was implying. I said before and I'll say it again, no amount of pity points is going to make me jump ship or root for LH to change because he takes one step forward, several steps back. I never saw his love as real love for Sunny but as an obsession and I predicted that in order for love line to happen between Sunny and Wang Shik, Lee Hyuk was going to order his bodyguard to get close to her while the two plot together to take that family down.  And as soon as LH started to see Yu Ra's true colors he was going to get jealous and start finding someone else to fill the void, that person of course being Sunny. 

It was the only thing that made sense to me, writing wise...I just never thought the writer would actually go in this drama XD

At least the writer is staying consistent with LH's character in showing how he goes from one extreme to the next, so kudos for that. I know people want to see him redeemed but...his character has never tried to be remorseful since ep.1 his solution to the ever widening divide between him and sunny is not wanting to take blame or wanting the truth to be hidden. And it'll be really cheap and a sad cop out if he's suddenly remorseful at the end. Nah ah, If he had been upfront about the car accident from jump street he would've been absolved and we would be dealing with a different kind of character, one who knows and understands morals and ethics and one I would really feel sorry for, for being surrounded by people who use him. 

Like, I can't even take his conviction to want to protect Sunny seriously because, not only does Sunny need protection from Dowager Kang, she also needs protection from her husband. *shrugs* Ehh, we'll see where this story goes towards the end but I'm not holding my breath. 

I worry because now that the previous chief guard is helping Yu Ra, they are so going to spill the beans to LH who is already being driven stir crazy with hallucinations about Wang Shik. That WB is WS...WB asked for LH to cash in on his promise (to try to save Sunny but I also know he feels for her too). 

I will say, Lee Hyuk will at first until he finds out that WB is WS, if his obsession for Sunny is going to get worse...and it will, now that he's intelligent enough to know she ain't having it, he probably forces her to stay by his side to spare WB's life. If he can use her family against her to sign divorce papers, he'll use her feelings for WB to keep her close. Or, or Sunny gets smart and placates him to not go on killing sprees every time someone 'wrongs him' and also so he doesn't sabotage their plans. 

I'll be surprise if none of this happens but...it makes sense from a writing perspective. I'm just sayin. 

And like you, since we've known about the inheritance, I've been hoping that Sunny finds out about the inheritance like next week, takes down the monarchy and the people choose her to be their acting empress while the nation transitions into a republic.  Yea, I'm sure Yoon would make a half decent Monarch but if this show is literally going in the direction of taking down the royal family, it would make sense to end with Sunny. Besides, Yoon seems too ashamed and looks to not want to have anything to do with that seat. Once all the dirty laundry gets aired out, the public might be a bit judgmental and wary and see him 'guilty by association'.  Better to have the woman who took them down stay in power than risk someone from the family to take the throne *shrugs*

I know I can get passionate about the ships (because CJH/JNR) but i really don't mind the romance not being very prominent. If I can get one or two kisses I"m STRAIGHT I just really, REALLY, hope for 3 things; 1. Woo Bin doesn't die 2. the ending isn't rushed 3. Sunny becomes Empress regent and she adopts Ari.

And i'm really done now XD

43 minutes ago, cucumbermelon88 said:

ED perhaps put an outrageous spin on the hitting but Sunni isn’t exactly blameless.

Do you mean that Sunny is wrong in spanking Ari? If so, then I don't think she is in the wrong. I believe children should be disciplined, and sometimes spanking is necessary to discipline. But I agree that the line between abuse and discipline is very thin. The aim is not to hurt. Things to keep in mind is not to do it while emotional (angry), spell out the mistake and reason for punishment clearly, and immediately follow by assurance of love. Also, use other medium, not your very own hand. All of this was done by Sunny properly. So she is in the clear for me, and apparently with Ari too. Of course, this issue will generate a lot of differing views. Just sharing my personal view and practice. Yes, I spanked my child before when she was younger. Fortunately, I didn't have to do it often.

The GED spanked grown ED even more harshly than Sunny did, 100x !!! (ep.5).... I shuddered seeing her legs... pic in spoiler because it's quite gory for me.

Spoiler

uazgVoz.png

18 minutes ago, butterflyempress said:

I know people want to see him redeemed but...his character has never tried to be remorseful since ep.1 his solution to the ever widening divide between him and sunny is not wanting to take blame or wanting the truth to be hidden. And it'll be really cheap and a sad cop out if he's suddenly remorseful at the end.

I am one of those who wish to see him redeemed, as a character, not to be the OTP, even from earlier on in the show. I disagree that he has never tried to be remorseful because in recent episodes, we saw that often times he blamed himself, but again, it's the lies from ED, then also from YR that made him fall deeper and deeper. Just one example from last night's episode, he was remorseful when Dad came and hit him for what happened to Sunny. He just let him... It wasn't even his design that Sunny was put in danger that particular time, but he accepted the blame. He is trying to get on the way there, but I agree, he is always set back. It's not easy to change, even for us, much less for someone like LH with twisted upbringing and some underlying mental issues (paranoia).

30 minutes ago, cucumbermelon88 said:

Did anyone else feel conflicted about the Princess Ari scandal this episode? ED perhaps put an outrageous spin on the hitting but Sunni isn’t exactly blameless. :(

Also, I was kinda touched that Sojin clearly still cares deeply for Ari. I hope the two make up come the end of the series 

Eh. I have Korean parents, and they spanked me with a bamboo stick on the bottom of my feet lol. I only remember that one instance though because ever since then, whenever they threatened to bring out the stick, I apologized quickly and obeyed their orders :sweat_smile:

Sunny did did nothing to warrant any abuse charges, just simple disciplining of a child. 

11 minutes ago, Crystal Kim said:

Eh. I have Korean parents, and they spanked me with a bamboo stick on the bottom of my feet lol. I only remember that one instance though because ever since then, whenever they threatened to bring out the stick, I apologized quickly and obeyed their orders :sweat_smile:

:lol: My parents kept a rattan stick in clear view also in the house... All of us four siblings had tasted the rattan stick before.

Archived