Quantcast
Jump to content
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, guinearoyal said:

Quick question for everyone, when WB yelled at LH after the bomb, did he use saturi?

Not sure if it was satoori since it’s such a short word but dang, he said it in the most disrespectful manner. I mean, saying “move” is harsh in itself but he also said it in a curt tone and no honorifics (to the emperor of Korea!)

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are still eight episodes remaining.  So, there will be more crazy twist and turns before we get to the end.

 

However, here's my imaginary wacky ending:

 

The ghost of (Christmas past, )i.e, Granny, haunts Kang  to the point that she has to be institutionalized on the island.  ( Kang was the final one to be responsible for Granny's death.) So, Kang got her wish to own  the island.

 

After which, Hyuk and Yura declares their true love for each other.  Together, they go to the police and confess their crimes. Along with which they reveal all the crimes committed by Nanny and everyone else. The reason that Hyuk can do this is because it is revealed that he isn't of royal blood. Neither is Yoon.  The only one with royal blood is ... Princess Soo Jin.

 

And, since the Prime Minister has pushed through the change to the succession law, Soo Jin can, now, inherit the throne.  Guess who is Empress now?!  :lol:

 

  • Like 2
  • LOL 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke... @Matilda_Anne, it does not sound much like dugun dugun at all... for dugun, dugun moments, even viewers heartbeats are rapid and we are smiling like idiots at the computer and typing in soompi "omo" love-red-crab-emoticon.gif?1292455361...

random thought... is dugun dugun moments good for our hearts?

He did catch her falling last week...? and I was smiling like an idiot at the computer last night during their scarf and plaster scenes.... :P so yeah it's dugun-dugun moment for me....

 

6 hours ago, Lmangla said:

and then camera pans out and we see the wedding photo on the wall. what is PD trying to do? guilt us? remind us that she is still trapped? :sweatingbullets:

Of course <_<

 

4 hours ago, guinearoyal said:

Quick question for everyone, when WB yelled at LH after the bomb, did he use saturi?

If he did, that shows how much SN has come to mean to him.

Saturi is an accent in speaking.... What WB yelled at him was more like "Get lost!"... definitely not something you will use when speaking to an Emperor. That moment was a shocker for me. Yes it really shows how WB is involving his personal emotions already seeing Sunny is harmed.

 

8 hours ago, foreverempress said:

 

Sorry I don't know Korean well enough to understand what the title is. Let's wait for subs. It sounds like a high title...

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
empress.png

In DRAMA

[The Last Empress] Eps 29 & 30 spoilers, Choi Jin Hyuk x Jang Na Ra x Shin Sung Rok

Posted on Wednesday, January 9, 2019

 
Article: Naver 'The Last Empress' Jang Na Ra kicks Shin Sung Rok out, "Get out" 


1. [+600,-15]
Isn't KakaoTalk Dog's character just a gag character? ㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+568,-42]
Am I the only one insane? I feel bad for Lee Hyuk, and I hope they get together. 


3. [+461,-8]
It feels like Lee Hyuk is going to die for Ssu Ni.. Thinking of it, when he was younger, he was just an ordinary and kind child. His parents ruined him in the end.. 


4. [+344,-1]
The King isn't the problem today!! Many things made me laugh today~~~ Kang Seung Joo's lover is Min Yoo Ra, and the Empress' mother's death too... ㅡㅡ  


5. [+128,-5]
To be honest, the King and Ssu Ni match each other well. Na Wang Sik and Princess So Jin match well. 


6. [+111,-2]
It's hard to guess. The dead Empress' bodyguard is Min Yoo Ra's lover and they were in the state of getting married. And did Oh Ssu Ni's mother save Lee Hyuk and died? Lee Hyuk is going to protect Oh Ssu Ni now, but Cheon Woo Bin and Ssu Ni are starting to have feelings for each other. Compared to the first half, the development is more unpredictable and I'm addicted to it. I'm starting to like Lee Hyuk. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ


7. [+76,-0]
Kang Joo Seung's lover is Min Yoo Ra. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ That was totally unexpected. 


8. [+66,-1]
Ah, damn. His childhood was ruined, of course he's going be grow up twisted. Wow.. Burning the bird in front of the child and let him watch the bird die, that's so scary. But I like Lee Hyuk. ㅠㅠ


 
the%2Blast.png

Article: Naver 'The Last Empress' "I'll protect" Shin Sung Rok's & Choi Jin Hyuk's love for Jang Na Ra gets bigger  

1. [+2653,-73]
Ah.... I can't understand my heart that is supporting Lee Hyuk and Ssu Ni.. 


2. [+1933,-10]
The King's father uses his belt as a whip, his mother set the bird that he took care of on fire. It's impossible for a child to grow up normally in such an environment. 


3. [+1350,-32]
"I've changed my mind. I've decided to protect the Empress from you." The King is so cool, my heart throbbed. 


4. [+1146,-25]
I thought that the King is a bad person in the beginning, but now, I find him pitiful.. 


5. [+628,-79]
Oh~~~~ The both of them were so cool today. When Wang Sik told the King to move away, he was so cool. 


6. [+296,-19]
The King was totally a psychopath, but why do I keep wishing for him to get together with the Empress? 


7. [+233,-8]
I wanted to hate Lee Hyuk, but I can't. No matter how I look at it, it seems like his parents educated him the wrong way, that's why he grew up this way. He's too pitiful. 


8. [+225,-12]
I know it won't come true.. But I'm pressing the like button... on comments supporting Lee Hyuk and Ssu Ni...... 


9. [+203,-2]
Min Yoo Ra cannot be forgiven. Even if she has her reasons, how can she abandon her son and throw a stone at her adopted mother to kill her? That's ridiculous. 


10. [+180,-26]
It's a makjang anyway, can't Ssu Ni fall for Lee Hyuk slowly? 

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/01/the-last-empress-eps-29-30-spoilers.html

 

 

 

LH is truly pitiful. Him and Sunny could have been something if MYR and him weren't a thing first. LH will tell Sunny he loves her but she will probably tell him "I'm sorry you're too late." She will pity him for sure and maybe even cry for him but I know for a fact that LH is no longer in her heart. With CWB in the picture it's just not possible for him to be the love of her life again. Or even worst, Sunny won't end up with anyone especially since this is also a thing with this writer where no one ends up together.

  • Like 10
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just realized that Kang Joo Seung is played by Yoo Geon. It's been a really long time since I've last seen him in a drama (which doesn't mean it's been a long time since he was in one). 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally we have some romance well at least the beginnings of one.
it is clear both are smitten with each other. Personally I feel so so bad for Lee Hyuk I mean i can tell that before the ED messed him up he was a sweet boy.

 

But when you grow up under such a controlling and oppressive mother I can see him turning bonkers. It is cute he is fawning over the Sunny even though she is treating him somewhat mean.

 

As a predicted the Nanny and ED joined hands to get rid of Sunny. I guess ED realise she rather keep the Nanny than the ED. I do feel bad for the Nanny I mean princess Ari doesnt exactly treat her right but i guess because she doesnt know that the nanny is the mother? no?

 

With no preview gosh I am excited to see what happens know. Clearly I think Yura knows WS real identity so its no how will she make a comeback.

 

And Yura had a relationship with the guard who was previously linked to the 1st Empress .... what does this mean!??? oh my goodness!!! @alekaonu

@ktcjdrama @stroppyse @triplem

 

 

  • Like 3
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kaoriharang said:

As a predicted the Nanny and ED joined hands to get rid of Sunny. I guess ED realise she rather keep the Nanny than the ED. I do feel bad for the Nanny I mean princess Ari doesnt exactly treat her right but i guess because she doesnt know that the nanny is the mother? no?

 

With no preview gosh I am excited to see what happens know. Clearly I think Yura knows WS real identity so its no how will she make a comeback.

 

 And Yura had a relationship with the guard who was previously linked to the 1st Empress .... what does this mean!??? oh my goodness!!! @alekaonu

The only easy answer I can give you is that it means DS's father is the guard... LOL... just kidding, that was an obvious one... I truly don't know and it made me wonder was the initial reason YR studied hard and wanted to work in the palace is to investigate the missing boyfriend? Then later on she was consumed by greed?

 

I think Ari knows that her birth mother is Nanny...

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I think Ari knows that her birth mother is Nanny...

 

Ari does know that her birth mother is the nanny, however, she considers SN to be her mother. I think part of that is because AR sees SN as being strong, powerful, and happy, while she considers the nanny to be powerless and a drag.

 

It was rather terrifying to watch AR put the nanny down in the most recent episode for not knowing her place. The nanny is furious but given that AR is a part of the royal family while the nanny isn't, not sure there is much the nanny can do about it.  Odd thing is that the nanny seems to still expect to take her place as AR's mother at some point, possibly as regent if AR should become empress. As strong-willed as AR is, I'm not sure why the nanny keeps expecting that. Actually, both nanny and AR are pretty scary people.

 

When Hello and Vincent are caught by Hello's father, that is totally hilarious. Hello is all "Don't object to our relationship, dad. I'm an adult woman, and you know that Vincent is a good man." And, her father's response is "I know! He's too good for you. He can do a lot better than Hello." Then the father drags Vincent away from Hello and pulls him into his side like a protective mother hen over his chick.  ROFLOL

 

As dark as this drama is, there are a number of these totally funny, crack up moments.

  • Like 3
  • LOL 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

 

Ari does know that her birth mother is the nanny, however, she considers SN to be her mother. I think part of that is because AR sees SN as being strong, powerful, and happy, while she considers the nanny to be powerless and a drag.

 

 

Or could be that Ari heard SN will inherit all of GED fortune during the original will reading...

  • Like 4
  • LOL 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, nikki7 said:

 

Or could be that Ari heard SN will inherit all of GED fortune during the original will reading...

That too... she also mentioned it to Sunny last night, so I hope Sunny caught on to that later on...

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

It was rather terrifying to watch AR put the nanny down in the most recent episode for not knowing her place. The nanny is furious but given that AR is a part of the royal family while the nanny isn't, not sure there is much the nanny can do about it.  Odd thing is that the nanny seems to still expect to take her place as AR's mother at some point, possibly as regent if AR should become empress. As strong-willed as AR is, I'm not sure why the nanny keeps expecting that. Actually, both nanny and AR are pretty scary people.

Everytime Ari is so mean to the Nanny, I hold my breath, waiting for Nanny to snap...

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

I truly don't know and it made me wonder was the initial reason YR studied hard and wanted to work in the palace is to investigate the missing boyfriend? Then later on she was consumed by greed?

 

i think maybe ~after yura entered the palace to investigate about her bf, she found out that her bf was having an affair with the empress before went missing and she turned bitter.. maybe that's y she dont like dong shik (maybe she thought dong shik's father was being unfaithful to her)..after that, maybe she realised the only way to go up is by obtaining power in the palace, hence seducing lee hyuk..  

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just watched the most recent episodes, and I must say, this episode showed LH's development. 

 

When Sunny kicked him on the shin and lectured him for never regarding the impact of his actions on others lives, his expression and later actions demonstrated how much her words impacted him. Just like how Ari was impacted by Sunny, the emperor is slowly learning how to be a "human" from her. 

 

When Yoon told them about the cause of Sunny's mom death, it is clear to see how much Sunny's words came back to bite him. Because of his reckless behavior, he got into an accident, and because of his accident, a life was lost to save him. As he stared at Sunny, he tried to convince himself that was the proper action to take, but even then, he wasn't able to convince himself. 

 

And when his mother tried to kill Sunny, he definitely felt guilty and responsible for Sunny's life. It was evident when he was appalled by his mother's action even after they found out about what happened to Sunny's mother. And when ED called him out for wanting to kill Sunny in the past, the emperor's guilt could be seen in his face.

 

This seems to be a turning point for LH. He had always been under his mother's thumb and manipulation. She had used his fear and her false concern to control him, but today, at the end of the episode, it showed LH breaking away from her spell. When he vowed to protect Sunny, it was said with conviction. He had failed to protect his first empress and he had failed to protect his parrots from his mother's hand. This time, I think he would protect Sunny even if he discovers that he is not in her heart. 

 

I'm excited to see LH's development...he's capable of feeling guilty, which shows that he is capable of redeeming himself by repenting his past errors and making up for them. Also, I suspect that he felt WB might be in love with Sunny, because even though WB pretend he was rude to the emperor because he wasn't aware that the emperor had arrived, from the look of LH's face, he's not entirely convinced. 

 

Edit: By the way, Ari is kind of scary for the way she acts, but with Sunny's guidance, she should become a better person. 

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The emperor Hyuk's problem, from a armchair diagnosis perspective, is that he has borderline personality disorder full stop from his fears of abandonment, difficulty emotion regulating unless he engages in impulsive behavior or some other destructive in the attempt to regulate, lack of trust, attention-seeking, insecure attachment issues, jealousy, chronic feelings of emptiness, pervasive instability in interpersonal relationships, paranoid ideations, SPLIT/ BLACK OR WHITE THINKING etc.

 

HYUK meets ALL DSM IV & DSM 5 CRITERIA.

 

For people that struggle with borderline personality disorder or have borderline traits, borderline emotions and behaviors swing from left to right. It is hard for them to emotionally regulate which is why they often engage in self-harming behaviors rather it's cutting, using drugs, drinking too much alcohol, highly and overly sexual, etc. They tend to be highly anxious and are often misdiagnosed with general anxiety disorder or bipolar. Someone that has borderline personality, their feelings emotions weigh on them like 20 elephants stacked on their chest.

 

This is how Hyuk can want to kill Suni last month & love and protect her this month. This is why he can love his grandma  and then turn around and try to kill her  and then have guilt about it .  This is how he can be in love with Yura and have her almost killed twice... it is that black or white/split thinking. You're either for him or against him,  you're either in or out,  for him there is rarely an  in-between. He has parental trust issues with abuse which is one of the few underlining precursors of borderline personality disorder.

 

Empress Dowager is an anti-social narcissist full stop! She does not empathize with anyone and can emulate emotions to get what she wants.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, foreverempress said:

The emperor Hyuk's problem, from a armchair diagnosis perspective, is that he has borderline personality disorder full stop from his fears of abandonment, difficulty emotion regulating unless he engages in impulsive behavior or some other destructive in the attempt to regulate, lack of trust, attention-seeking, insecure attachment issues, jealousy, chronic feelings of emptiness, pervasive instability in interpersonal relationships, paranoid ideations, SPLIT/ BLACK OR WHITE THINKING etc.

 

HYUK meets ALL DSM IV & DSM 5 CRITERIA.

 

For people that struggle with borderline personality disorder or have borderline traits, borderline emotions and behaviors swing from left to right. It is hard for them to emotionally regulate which is why they often engage in self-harming behaviors rather it's cutting, using drugs, drinking too much alcohol, highly and overly sexual, etc. They tend to be highly anxious and are often misdiagnosed with general anxiety disorder or bipolar. Someone that has borderline personality, their feelings emotions weigh on them like 20 elephants stacked on their chest.

 

This is how Hyuk can want to kill Suni last month & love and protect her this month. This is why he can love his grandma  and then turn around and try to kill her  and then have guilt about it .  This is how he can be in love with Yura and have her almost killed twice... it is that black or white/split thinking. You're either for him or against him,  you're either in or out,  for him there is rarely an  in-between. He has parental trust issues with abuse which is one of the few underlining precursors of borderline personality disorder.

 

Empress Dowager is an anti-social narcissist full stop! She does not emphasize with anyone can can emulate emotions to get what she wants.

This explains everything. Thank you! When I was writing my post about LH, I was hesitating because I felt that in one moment, he would save or be kind to Sunny, yet I wouldn't doubt he would turn on her immediately. That's why I felt like I got a whiplash when I said he loved his grandmother and wouldn't harm her, only to find out that he did try to stab her to death. 

 

I thought it was an inconsistency with the writer, but I didn't realize it was a disorder. Thank you for your insight!

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

All i can say for ep 15 is that i'm awaiting Hyuk's development. It's nice to see how he's slowly changing his thoughts about Sunny, especially since the clock bombing is the last straw for him to wanting to protect Sunny. 

But.. i'm still on team bin so heh. 

 

ps: Princess Ari is really such a good actor (both the character and the actress herself) omg. at such a young age she knows how to play palace politics. I love her and Sunny moments too, like a real mother-daughter relationship! 

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only way for LH redeem himself is to admit all his and his mother crimes and go to prison that is all other then that  nope.

 

Also really he said it makes him want to conquered sunny thats all he cares about it was beyond creepy.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

 

Ari does know that her birth mother is the nanny, however, she considers SN to be her mother. I think part of that is because AR sees SN as being strong, powerful, and happy, while she considers the nanny to be powerless and a drag.

 

It was rather terrifying to watch AR put the nanny down in the most recent episode for not knowing her place. The nanny is furious but given that AR is a part of the royal family while the nanny isn't, not sure there is much the nanny can do about it.  Odd thing is that the nanny seems to still expect to take her place as AR's mother at some point, possibly as regent if AR should become empress. As strong-willed as AR is, I'm not sure why the nanny keeps expecting that. Actually, both nanny and AR are pretty scary people.

 

When Hello and Vincent are caught by Hello's father, that is totally hilarious. Hello is all "Don't object to our relationship, dad. I'm an adult woman, and you know that Vincent is a good man." And, her father's response is "I know! He's too good for you. He can do a lot better than Hello." Then the father drags Vincent away from Hello and pulls him into his side like a protective mother hen over his chick.  ROFLOL

 

As dark as this drama is, there are a number of these totally funny, crack up moments.

 

I think it is clear that YR is ambitious so is the Nanny - just that unlike YR the Nanny kind of knows how to play her cards right. The fact that she didnt get axed at all amazes me. I mean technically you dont need her anymore do you...

 

Ha it is nice that the drama injects funny moments it does balance out all the dark and just weird things going on sometimes in the drama.

 

I fear for Ari because she can so easily turn into another LH or ED. I just hope Sunny is a good influence over her.

 

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

The only easy answer I can give you is that it means DS's father is the guard... LOL... just kidding, that was an obvious one... I truly don't know and it made me wonder was the initial reason YR studied hard and wanted to work in the palace is to investigate the missing boyfriend? Then later on she was consumed by greed?

 

I think Ari knows that her birth mother is Nanny...

 

hmm, i dont think YR entered the palace for the boyfriend. But it is a noble cause if she did. I think with the amount of power she held she could have easily investigated actually. But rather she wants to be empress.

 

Clearly the Nanny had something to do with the death of the former Empress, I think at least along the lines of perhaps setting her up.

The Empress was pregnant when she died (correct me if I am wrong) so clearly, like YR the nanny saw her as competition.

 

1 hour ago, nikki7 said:

 

Or could be that Ari heard SN will inherit all of GED fortune during the original will reading...

 

Well if Ari is close to Sunny because of that will - then she is more calculating then I thought. I do hope that there is some innocence left in Princess Ari I mean sadly or not the palace does change a person.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...