Quantcast
Jump to content

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격


0ly40

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, juju84 said:

Guys, does someone know the reason why episode 17 is postponed till Thursday?  Is there some kind of holiday in Korea or event?:blink:

 

Nope. On the article, it said that they were postponing the episode in order to give more time for the production staff and crew to improve the quality of filming/writing. Unfortunately, this is normal for dramas that are filming at the same time as it airs; everyone working on the show gets kind of burnt-out so a little rest is good! Although, there might be some ulterior motive (like needing time to change the script and re-filming certain scenes :huh: who knows)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cuteness overload!

 

Spw1547194061089-600.jpg

 

Hyuk so normal in this pic. Which makes it even more scarier when he goes cray2.

 

But i still like Hyuk. And i've been repeating myself a lot of times already. Hahaha

 

Hyuk fighting! Be a good person! 

 

And other writers/producers..please sign SSR for a romcom. He is all sorts of adorbs as bumbling Hyuk. Hehe

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crystal Kim said:

 

Nope. On the article, it said that they were postponing the episode in order to give more time for the production staff and crew to improve the quality of filming/writing. Unfortunately, this is normal for dramas that are filming at the same time as it airs; everyone working on the show gets kind of burnt-out so a little rest is good! Although, there might be some ulterior motive (like needing time to change the script and re-filming certain scenes :huh: who knows)

This...After reading how quite a few people are rooting for the LH and Sunny ship...and also finding out about next week´s schedule change...some part of me keep thinking that maybe the writer is going to change the story in favor of the commentators. Even tho the rating´s are still in the double digit...a decline is still noticable. I really hope that it´s just me overthinking. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Sarang21 said:

This...After reading how quite a few people are rooting for the LH and Sunny ship...and also finding out about next week´s schedule change...some part of me keep thinking that maybe the writer is going to change the story in favor of the commentators. Even tho the rating´s are still in the double digit...a decline is still noticable. I really hope that it´s just me overthinking. 

Nah they not  going  to make drastic changes like that  its way too late we dont have much of the show left and all the characters  motives and relationships are pretty much establish.

 

Also if tried that I imagine the backlash would be really bad not to mention it sends a disgusting message to the viewers and the press.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@butterflyempress    I wonder myself whether I'll continue or not, but I'll let you all know here if I come up with a new chapter.

 

I have a feeling that the episodes have been postponed to change the script, to deal with falling ratings, so does this mean more melodrama? I don't think that that would solve the issue, though, there is only so much ridiculousness that we can take and after a while, it gets repetitive. I know what they could do to make me happy though, have more Lee Hyuk- Sunny moments, tone down on the crazy, and have them come to an understanding of each other. It's weird, because misunderstandings are normally the OTP line, and having these come between Lee Hyuk and Sunny is just strange. It makes me wonder if Lee Hyuk's the main lead. The writers made Lee Hyuk so magnetic and attractive despite his evilness, and that is a feat, indeed. To make viewers like a man so despicable and corrupt is just mindblowing. Will he end up with Sunny? I say no, but who knows, anything can happen, and a writer, desperate to reclaim ratings, may even increase screentime between Lee Hyuk and Sunny, and have a happy ending for both. In Mirae's Fate, that was what happened, the second lead became so popular, that in the end, the lead was virtually non-existent, and the drama had an open ending. It was so frustrating, because I shipped the lead then. This time, I think they could have Lee Hyuk redeem himself, serve time, and may have an open ending  where she chooses neither man, but both are still a strong presence in her life.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

Nah they not  going  to make drastic changes like that  its way too late we dont have much of the show left and all the characters  motives and relationships are pretty much establish.

I also hope the writer would not change the story she has intended from the start. But unfortunately, we do have a lot of the show left even for non-drastic change. We still have 8 hours worth of story to go through....

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, ChewyChocolate said:

@butterflyempress    I wonder myself whether I'll continue or not, but I'll let you all know here if I come up with a new chapter.

 

I have a feeling that the episodes have been postponed to change the script, to deal with falling ratings, so does this mean more melodrama? I don't think that that would solve the issue, though, there is only so much ridiculousness that we can take and after a while, it gets repetitive. I know what they could do to make me happy though, have more Lee Hyuk- Sunny moments, tone down on the crazy, and have them come to an understanding of each other. It's weird, because misunderstandings are normally the OTP line, and having these come between Lee Hyuk and Sunny is just strange. It makes me wonder if Lee Hyuk's the main lead. The writers made Lee Hyuk so magnetic and attractive despite his evilness, and that is a feat, indeed. To make viewers like a man so despicable and corrupt is just mindblowing. Will he end up with Sunny? I say no, but who knows, anything can happen, and a writer, desperate to reclaim ratings, may even increase screentime between Lee Hyuk and Sunny, and have a happy ending for both. In Mirae's Fate, that was what happened, the second lead became so popular, that in the end, the lead was virtually non-existent, and the drama had an open ending. It was so frustrating, because I shipped the lead then. This time, I think they could have Lee Hyuk redeem himself, serve time, and may have an open ending  where she chooses neither man, but both are still a strong presence in her life.

None of that wont work here their no reasonable way he can redeem himself to that point he is a monster at this  they cant have a happy ending especially after the last episode that drill that end  pretty much.They are in too deep for that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, 0timelost said:

Sorry to cut your post and welcome back.

 

But...I have to disagree with you. The drama revealed that LH tried to kill Sunny at least two times.

1. The crane malfunction incident on the day of their wedding. He was the one who ordered his personal guard to tamper the crane, and he tried to put the blame on his mother (and his mother thought Yura did it). He saw Sunny was about to plunge to her death but he did not ordered anyone to save her.

2. He ordered her disposal and WB "carried it out" by pushing her off the top of the waterfall. LH was happy to hear that WB got rid of her and was livid when Sunny came back with minimal damage. 

 

So...he's not innocent. 

 

@0timelost,

 

Aigoo..thank you for the facts. This ahjuma def blinded by the king  :mask::joy::joy:.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dramaninja said:

None of that wont work here their no reasonable way he can redeem himself to that point he is a monster at this  they cant have a happy ending especially after the last episode that drill that end  pretty much.They are in too deep for that.

 

Honestly, if you want the show to be realistic then basically almost all the characters will go to jail and no one will have a happy ending. Lee Yoon will go to jail as he knew about the murder but kept quiet about it so goodbye Hel Ro x Lee Yoon. Woo Bin has too many death flags, and if he doesn’t die, he will also go to jail because he’s killed a lot too. Just let Sunny be alone.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Crystal Kim said:

 

Honestly, if you want the show to be realistic then basically almost all the characters will go to jail and no one will have a happy ending. Lee Yoon will go to jail as he knew about the murder but kept quiet about it so goodbye Hel Ro x Lee Yoon. Woo Bin has too many death flags, and if he doesn’t die, he will also go to jail because he’s killed a lot too. Just let Sunny be alone. 

 

Lol! So true :lol:

 

Let Sunny find happiness by being with her own family aka dad and Helro~

 

Everyone else can atone their wrongdoings. Woobin included cause he did bad things too and he did kill the bad guy and masked it up as if it was an accident. Hua3

 

No one has clean hands in this except Sunny and her family and also maybe Sojin and Ari. Haha

Link to post
Share on other sites

Its pretty crazy some trying to compare  the monstrous things LH has as done to  pretty much everyone  and others with what WB  has done makes zero sense.

 

Yep she totally go for the person that tried to kill her few  times, cheated on her frame her and continues to belittle her,not to mention the whole blood of her mother been stolen by his mother for him. There no misunderstandings here at all  between them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, waffles09 said:

Anyway, this scene was very intense and I don’t think Sunny can ever forgive him. As much as I’m enjoying their chemistry and LH being funny, he’s done too much evil to the point of no return. 

 

:grimace: yap i echo your points. The showdown is really good - uri empress has been such a strong character and there is no way the writernim should make her "back down".:tounge_wink: 

Our leads really deserve their acting awards *clap~~*

oJZVCfP.jpg2uTKj69.jpg

Spoiler

CeqFI1y.jpg

hoJpH1Z.jpg

 

:sweat_smile:Ok chill... tbh the feels of the bromance is much stronger than the romance here - even Jangnara wants to give the couple award to Emperor and his man hahaaa~~

Cr Viu sg:

Spoiler

 

 

I am supercurious on the showdown between the 2 "bros" :glasses:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

Its pretty crazy some trying to compare  the monstrous things LH has as done to  pretty much everyone  and others with what WB  has done makes zero sense.

 

Yep she totally go for the person that tried to kill her few  times, cheated on her frame her and continues to belittle her,not to mention the whole blood of her mother been stolen by his mother for him. There no misunderstandings here at all  between them.

 

I don’t think anyone’s comparing. It’s just that all these characters have done bad deeds, and they will get punished for it. It’s going to be fun to see how it all goes down. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I went to rewatch ep1( the corpse is dug out and reveal part) , Ari princess has a crown/tiara on her and the corpse doesn’t look like a one year old corpse ( theoretically should be fresh and juicy?) ,it look more like a 7 years corpse decompose to a skeleton. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, dramaninja said:

None of that wont work here their no reasonable way he can redeem himself to that point he is a monster at this  they cant have a happy ending especially after the last episode that drill that end  pretty much.They are in too deep for that.

 

Right.. The last eps have shown no matter his change of feelings for Sunny, no matter the comedic moments it doesn't change or erase all his actions, there are always reminders of his crimes... Example, WB sorrow about his mother and finding her body. The lies about the will, his involvement with what happened to the previous empress and so on... 

They have made LH do way too many crazy things.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..