[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

watching the latest episode and laughing at helro's smackdown of the empress dowager -- "you old witch!" hahahah.... the mention of the word "old" really rattled her... perhaps, a good punishment is to somehow make ED super old? too bad there's no magic portion for that! ^_^

37 minutes ago, Sarang21 said:

- I find so hilarious that ED decided to put Hello in a prison after she called her old. She seems to be quite obssesed with staying young.

Yes, it was hilarious and I also thought of the best punishment would be to make her look really old.... The medicine that the maid brought to her was one of those new anti-aging injection. Maybe one of these days she can get a faulty product that will actually bring problems for her facial appearance, mwahahahahahaa....

37 minutes ago, Sarang21 said:

- I initialy thought that YR had something to do with the previous head of guard surviving since she was the only person present at that moment...After watching ep 16 I´m not sure how to interpret her surprised look if it was more of a "what are you doing her"? or "You are alive?"

I think it could very well be YR's doing. Since she is the one who reported to LH that the guard already killed himself. She could've lied about it. But it could also be the ED who spared him maybe? He was one of her favorite and trusted persons...

38 minutes ago, Sarang21 said:

Sunny need to learn how to be a better spy because how in the world are you going to sneak into a place while wearing  shoes loud enough to wake up all the dead people that ED has burried in that Island. 

LOL..... :lol:

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, triplem said:

I think here in Asia or for those of us with Asian heritage - we have no issues with a little spanking as long as not done in excess or abusive.

my mom is half chinese and she spanked me and my sister all the time so im used to it lol.. 

i just watched the latest ep.. i dont know what is wrong with me but i kinda like lee hyuk with sunny now (dont spank me :joy:)..  i want him to be better and repent..

ps/dont worry woo bin u can date me instead~~:wub:

the story is going nowhere.. too much drama, not enough episodes.. 

34 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

@gm4queen I'm a little confused.

During the first episode, I thought what we are watching now is the flashback of what happened 1 year ago after the corpse was found? Because that necklace belongs to Sunny. Hmmm

Yoon is actually not the dumbest because he is not alone.

He has the late empress and sunny with him. :joy:

As far as I remember what we are watching now is what happened between 7yrs to 1yr... At the end of current flashback scenes, we will be able to know who the deceased mummy is ... Or am I missing here something???? :sweatingbullets:

Dear @ktcjdrama - can you help a little bit??!? At this rate, will 24 hours be enough to untie these messes...? I think now we only have 8 hours left.. :mellow:

Hey everyone. Just saw the latest two episodes and laughed at the so many comedic scenes (I know they are fan servicing but it’s messy in terms of overall tone) and there were so scenes that took me by surprised (MYR’s baby daddy reviled!!! Spoiled Older Princess saving her Bin and confessing to him and yet she saw him with Sunny; wonder where this thread will go!) Some characters in this drama have 9 lives lol (they don’t die lol)!! The last scene of NWS telling LH that he likes Sunny was pretty good - tensions up! Despite the uneven tone lately, a little bit slower paced and some redundancy - still very much enjoyable, especially when Sunny gets her rage on. Satisfying to see her stand up and fight. 

52 minutes ago, blademan said:

DANG :joy::love:

I dare you guys to watch this and NOT root for Sunny and Lee Hyuk :tears:

OMG I keep on getting recommended these videos and I keep on watching them lmao

I saw this really good one (around 100,000 views) a few days ago and it looked like SBS themselves made it. The talent of some of these people’s editing.. Gave me all the feels XD

45 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

@Sarang21 I agree with what you said.

But regarding Ari's punishment.. I'm not saying Sunny did not discipline her properly, I'm just not sure why she has to be caned so many times on her leg. But that is definitely not abuse.

Gosh.. what type of kids are we trying to raise nowadays?

Strawberry generation?

In one of the previous episodes ed got caned on her leg by the Grandmother too after finding out what she did to YR...so I guess it´s a cultural thing. 

26 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Yes, it was hilarious and I also thought of the best punishment would be to make her look really old.... The medicine that the maid brought to her was one of those new anti-aging injection. Maybe one of these days she can get a faulty product that will actually bring problems for her facial appearance, mwahahahahahaa....

I think it could very well be YR's doing. Since she is the one who reported to LH that the guard already killed himself. She could've lied about it. But it could also be the ED who spared him maybe? He was one of her favorite and trusted persons...

LOL..... :lol:

That would really be the best punishment for her...a prison would also be a good punishment for her since she wouldn´t be able to do all those anti-aging treatment.evil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gif  If only we we were able to tell Sunny about ED weakness :lol:.

Great point about her being the one who reported about his death. Also even thought it was a short scene he didn´t look like he was going to harm her.

6 minutes ago, Sarang21 said:

In one of the previous episodes ed got caned on her leg by the Grandmother too after finding out what she did to YR...so I guess it´s a cultural thing. 

That would really be the best punishment for her...a prison would also be a good punishment for her since she wouldn´t be able to do all those anti-aging treatment.evil-smile-onion-head-emoticon.gif  If only we we were able to tell Sunny about ED weakness :lol:.

Great point about her being the one who reported about his death. Also even thought it was a short scene he didn´t look like he was going to harm her.

To be honest,  when Grandmother was doing it to ED... I watched it with glee and was hoping for more.

Geez. Grandmother should actually stop her supplies of anti aging products. That is then a punishment!!! 

Btw, there's no use in telling Sunny anything other than asking her to stop broadcasting her plan/moves/cards in ED's face.

:joy:

@triplem @ktcjdrama Oh no, don't get me wrong, I would love to see Lee Hyuk's character redeemed, like I really would and I want to hope he feels some sort of remorse, I want to believe he can and has but than his character does a 180 and I'm like, why??? I know a lot of his issues stem from manipulation by mommy dearest and MYR to an extent, but he also had a choice of whether to follow along with whatever MYR said or not.

Again, if the writer is going for some sort of redemption, I would like it to be consistent in showing that. I just don't like being invested in a character's development only for the writer to never take it anywhere. I just hope the writer doesn't continue with the constant back and forth of will LH be redeemed or not, until the very last episode. If he's due to be reformed, now is the time to begin showing that and not drag it out until the end, otherwise it's going to be really hard for me to buy his redemption. (if one is planned)

I'm just looking at it from the perspective of having low expectations, so if he doesn't get redeemed my hopes for a redemption arc aren't too high. 

I don't feel Sunny will accept Woo Bin at the beginning of episode 33 later, there are some possibilities about what will Sunny do

1. Sunny realizes that if she wants to protect Woo Bin from Hyuk's anger then leaves just like that, and leaves Hyuk and Woo Bin confrontation, but Bin reasons that he only runs the task of winning Sunny's heart, and says that Hyuk doesn't like Sunny right? (The way Bin looks to Hyuk when he is paralyzed like the code to Hyuk).

2. Sunny will think that Hyuk will plan something to use Woo Bin to get rid of him and Sunny will anger Hyuk again because of Woo Bin's attitude. Sunny said, "This has happened to her before, the 'Queen and Guard scandal'. I will not leave this place for such reasons, if I leave this place I must head up and be free of accusations, until then there is no time to play 'wife husband 'or' empress and guard '.
Sunny then asks Woo Bin not to pretend to like it because obeying Hyuk's wishes again, Sunny says "I really appreciate you Chun Woo Bin, as a Guard. Thank you very much." Sunny still needs Woo Bin if he stays in the palace, and doesn't want him to get hurt or get fired. Sunny promised to protect Woo Bin (ep 29).

3. Sunny accepts Woo Bin while angrily cursing Hyuk. Said Woo Bin is better than Hyuk, then challenged Hyuk to divorce her and expel her, she also lost her mother because of Hyuk, and now says only Woo Bin is looking after her while in the palace if he dares to fire Woo Bin, she will also leave and not care about the image of the empire (it seems very risky to remember the temperament of Hyuk).

Then the scenario to Hyuk
1. Hyuk is happy because he knows Sunny doesn't have feelings for Woo Bin, if Sunny doesn't accept Woo Bin's statement.
2. Hyuk peevish and regretted the problem because he had told Woo Bin to approach Sunny.
3. Hyuk endangers Woo Bin because of anger Sunny likes Woo Bin.
4. Hyuk feels guilty for what has happened and tries to be a better person because he is shaken by Sunny's said that Woo Bin's character is better than Hyuk's.
5. Hyuk believes Woo Bin is protecting him again.
6. Hyuk tells Woo Bin that Sunny is still his wife and won't let go then challenges Woo Bin to win Sunny's heart. (It will be some funny moment then between three of main lead character --> hope this will be happen soon, Woo Bin will be more fun too cz Lee Hyuk character is funny villain more romantic with Sunny)

And Woo Bin
1. Woo Bin will find an excuse to Hyuk if he is carrying out his duties from Hyuk and ED first.
2. Woo Bin can also say to Hyuk that forcing Sunny will add to the bad situation and won't be able to win her heart like that. Because Woo Bin know that Hyuk in Sunny side right now, although Hyuk refused, that's why Woo Bin want to help him. Woo Bin actually in his heart not wanna Sunny in that moment with Hyuk.
3. Woo Bin admits that he likes Sunny and will fight for Sunny, and shakes Hyuk if he says he doesn't like Sunny, why can't he get her?
4. Woo Bin plans for Sunny to get protection from Hyuk so they can control Hyuk (I don't like this) Hopefully Woo Bin sincerely finds a protector for Sunny because he is aware that his life is in danger, if he dies (because of the bullet), no need to worry anymore .

I don't like it, Woo Bin came in because he wanted revenge, in the end what did he get? Woo Bin's attitude is actually very terrible in the thousand of face. #poor you revenge.

Only because a case can change the NWS like this. Originally the NWS also likes to beat other and fighting, he totally very tempramental at the beginning of the episode even though the intention is good at protecting his mother. Luckily, he didn't have bad thoughts from his family.

Imagine Lee Hyuk, the original pure child, but his childhood trauma was even haunting, until he was paranoid and like to be beaten (there was a scene asking for Woo Bin to be beaten). His mother keeps on controlling him. And he just wants to be free. Hyuk's mistake during his mother's NWS accident was that he ran away, without knowing if the NWS mother was still alive (holding MYR feet). He just like a child trap on the big body, never do something fun when he was a child. His smile is so pure when he like something.

But I like Sunny who came in because I was searching for the truth, not because of revenge. She is open-minded, she doesn't use any masks, she doesn't take benefit from anyone. Blatantly challenged ED and even dared to kick Hyuk's tray. 

22 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

To be honest,  when Grandmother was doing it to ED... I watched it with glee and was hoping for more.

Geez. Grandmother should actually stop her supplies of anti aging products. That is then a punishment!!! 

Btw, there's no use in telling Sunny anything other than asking her to stop broadcasting her plan/moves/cards in ED's face.

:joy:

yes you are right...I forgot for a minute that she like to brodcast her plan to her enemies. Someone need to send her the book "How to survive in the palace for dummies" as soon as possible with anothe rone being "how to be a spy in the palace for dummies" :lol:

So we only have 1 episode next week and it will be shown on 17 Jan 2019 and SBS will air the special on the 16 Jan. Hmm.. I went back to watch the beginning of episode 1 as I wanted to confirm something which I thought I saw.

i believe the police will find dig out the corpse from the garden at Ehwa palace on 17 Jan. There was a date and time stamped on the TV news which states 17 Jan at 14.13 pm.

writer-Nim then starts the story telling “1year ago in 2018”. I am trying to do a calclulation here. Is it really a year since this whole saga started?. Not sure how she will link the dates. Unless there is time jump:wacko:

I can’t read Korean but I read somewhere ( can’t remember now exactly where I saw it) that the only the news (audio) was translated and not the text on the screen. If some kind Chingu can translate what is written on the screen, it can give us a clue of who the corpse is. I do think it is empress so hyun but why bury her with the necklace?? And the place is not in the island which ED is trying so hard to keep in her possession. Hopefully not another person that we do not know of.

fast forward to present 

gosh!.. LH is really creepy and unstable. I am not sure if he really loves Sunny or is it because he is totally obsessed that this is one woman whom he cannot “conquer”. Yes.. I agree that he was brought up in a toxic environment but his reaction to the people that he killed or accidentally killed is not humane. He tells WB” what’s the big deal about his(WS] mom’s death?. Why is he torturing me? I should have killed him off then.

and when Sunny confronts him about Why he should live instead of her mom, he answered

“what’s wrong with it?. It is natural that the person who should live, lives. I the emperor was chosen to continue the imperial family” 

all his promise to protect his empress literally disappeared from his mind.

no matter how pitiful he is I really don’t want Sunny to be near him. he treats women like prized possession and he sees Sunny as someone who is different from all his other women and she can also help fight his mom. 

This guy is dangerous! This is the 2nd time that he has forced Sunny to sleep together. I am so glad that WB was there the 2nd time to stop him

and that wish, I was sure that WB would have used to ask for other things.. maybe the emperor,s life but he had to use it to protect the empress. Was it a love confession?. Maybe not  yet as he vowed to protect Sunny even if it were to end his life.

2 hours ago, blademan said:

DANG :joy::love:

I dare you guys to watch this and NOT root for Sunny and Lee Hyuk :tears:

Creative editing FTW!

Mann..the potential JN and SSR have if they were the main couple~ if onllllyyy..:ph34r:

I admit that i find Hyuk more interesting than WB. Both Hyuk and WB are unstable. But imo it seems that writernim made Hyuk's character to be unredeemable :tears:. After all that has happened till ep 32, i dont see Hyuk-Sunny a possibility. Nor will it work with WB. 

I will continue to root for Hyuk to be a better person. You can do it Hyuk! You must! And make coffee-bunny-hyuk a reality hehe

First time Sunny find out about Hyuk and Yura, she will give him second chance. Is this really will be happen? Sunny realize that ED responsible make Hyuk just like today. But she full of anger this time. 

She fell sorry to Woo Bin after heard about WS past. If Sunny heard about Hyuk past, what will she do? 

1. What happen 10 years ago? He felt guilt for something and then try to suicide? Is that about past Emperor?

2. What happen 7 years ago? No guard around to save the Empress although she is screaming? Is the body really treated well? Why Byun never seen the SH corpse?

3. What happen in the night when GED die? WS and Sunny clueless and looks like stuck. 

4. What happen in one year later? Corpse with empress necklace that pregnant twins baby? (Am I miss understand?) . This necklace take back by ED from Sunny. 

5. Who is the last Empress? Oh Sunny. Hope she is alive. If the burried Corpse from 7 years ago, hope there will more than a necklace. No one will dug or burried again necklace.

6. Who is Ari in one year later, when corpse find out? Is that normal with her hair style (unsure)? 

This drama full of question.. Give me a clue.

my head is spinning trying to keep track of this kill count! :sweatingbullets: can't believe we have so many fake deaths! hahaha...

Updated notes:

** original bet had about 7-8 ish people (not counting the fake deaths) -- so far, it looks like only option 1 is winning as there have been 2 more actual deaths which takes count to 9 or 10 -- sunny's mom and the imperial doctor.

** the fake death has increased by 1 --

wang shik & sunny in lake, emperor stabbed in neck, wang shik in sea, sunny in cliff, sunny almost falls off crane, sunny getting hit by stone, helro and dad almost burnt, yura getting cement poured on, servant lady getting beaten by empress, yura fakes death with yellow truck, yura almost burns with yellow truck, emperor and his motorbike incident, royal guard who is no longer missing but in mental hospital and this week's addition of old guard who showed up in front of yura

so about 16 fake/close deaths?

UPDATED:

so far, 1 villain (Ma pil joo) have been killed, 5 good people killed (grandma, mom of wang shik, queen so hyun, chief hong, sunny's mom), miscellaneous people (the royal guard's brother who attempted to kill emperor + 2 or 3 buddies + the doctor at imperial hospital) , all together about 9 or 10*** folks? going forward, how many more characters will disappear? 

"the kill count!" bet  sword-red-crab-emoticon.gif?1292455363

option 1: this isn't OCN with bad depressing lighting! surprised-red-crab-emoticon.gif?12924553so maybe few : maybe another 1-5? -- @jbeanie1709 

option 2: this is a modern saeguk! what's a saeguk without some tragedy? thinking-red-crab-emoticon.gif?129245536so a few more + miscellaneous random people from palace we don't care about: so maybe another 6-10? -- lmangla @katakwasabi  @ktcjdrama  @triplem @nakatsubebe

option 3: they are taking down the monarchy, it will be a revolution! ops-red-crab-emoticon.gif?1292455361: so maybe more than 10? --  @chubby^green^   @booha  @gm4queen

P.S ~ have I missed anything? do let me know...

Sharing my 2 cents..

1. If there's a turn around in LH & he sincerely learnt to love SN, then he shud let her go unconditionally & let her make her choice, which of them she wanna be with.

2. I think WB will live, that at the very last moment they manage to get the bullet out from his head.

3. TBH with LH recent antique I too begin to open up to him, but then I'm not SN. SN & WB slowly open up to each other is sweet too. And I see many have already ship LH & SN. Honestly I think its not just the character they play but the actors themselves. Given that both SSR & JNR are much more experience, I guess their tandem make much more chemistry than JNR & CJH

4. I think YR partly wanted to enter the palace not just to find KJ but to show him she can do better & hook up with the king himself. If I remember correctly before entering the palace she alreadh move on from DS's dad to WS. I remember they were making out in garden when KJS's brother attack the 1st luncheon. But YR became crueller as time moves on & I think there's no return for her except death.  If we can blame LH's psychology condition becos of his childhood & upbringing, there's none for YR.  She might grow up lacking with money but she was never lack of ppl of loves & care for her.  She is a troublemaker from young when she ran away  from home only to rtn after heavily pregnant 

5. Perhaps there's gold on the island the ED loves so much *roll-eyes*

6. The alternative title of the show is The last Empress, therefore I guess the royal monarchy will end with LH, after all mystery solved & wrongdoing in the palace exposed.

7. After they abolished the monarch system  SN is no longer an empress,  so she will live happily ever after with that hot bodyguard of hers.

I really dont care about  him getting redeem like at all he cant really either after all the horrible things he did.A few things here and there wont erase anything.All I want to see is him and his mother in jail.

I also repeat he tried to kill Sunny, he tired to frame her, and he cheated on her, in general he is awful to women in this drama they are treated like toys to him I cant believe I have to keep saying this.

Very nice opinions from others. I do agree Sunny will reject Woo Bin's confession. But again, is it really confession? Because he used the word Juahamnida (like) and not saranghamnida (love). For his plans, I think he will make excuse from the word he said. Saying he likes her because she's nice to him bla...bla...without indicating he loves her in front of that psycho emperor. Otherwise their plans will be broken. In this stage, I'm sure Woo Bin and Sunny already fall for each other. We just need time to see the proper statement from them lol.

8 hours ago, Lmangla said:

option 3: they are taking down the monarchy, it will be a revolution! ops-red-crab-emoticon.gif?1292455361: so maybe more than 10? --  @chubby^green^   @booha  @gm4queen

i seriously thought the killing just wont stop but the second i make my choice

the villains and the good guys suddenly decided they have too much blood on their hands and decided to take a rest

and instead prefer the torture method

meh...

but i am still holding hope that it will increase in later eps

the palace will be drenched in red!

hahaha

havent watch last week eps yet

just need to vent this one out first

Archived