[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

28 minutes ago, MiNah said:

TLE bring me back to Soompi Forums:blush:

Hi guys. I don't know about others but i really like LH and hoping for his last hapiness with OS. To be honest, from the start (read the synopsis), i  know OH will find her true love with WB. And i never had intention to see any different plot when i decided to watch this drama. But the problem is...SSR carried his character as LH very very very well. Yes, he was a bad guy but he become like that because of people around him. i don't think he murdered his wife, his granny or Wang Sik's mother. He being used by his mother and also Min Yu Ra. And he not even once tried to kill his OS. Its was plan by the devil mom or Min Yu Ra. He just a puppet for them...pitty him. Poor king, he thought he did it.

Sorry to cut your post and welcome back.

But...I have to disagree with you. The drama revealed that LH tried to kill Sunny at least two times.

1. The crane malfunction incident on the day of their wedding. He was the one who ordered his personal guard to tamper the crane, and he tried to put the blame on his mother (and his mother thought Yura did it). He saw Sunny was about to plunge to her death but he did not ordered anyone to save her.

2. He ordered her disposal and WB "carried it out" by pushing her off the top of the waterfall. LH was happy to hear that WB got rid of her and was livid when Sunny came back with minimal damage. 

So...he's not innocent. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's no excuse for some of the things LH's done. He still committed a hit and run. He still choked his ex-wife and left her in that lake. He still tried to have Sunny killed at their wedding. It doesn't matter what made him do the things he did. Why would I want Sunny to stay in a toxic relationship? As badly as some people want Sunny to end up with LH, he's still gonna get his punishment at the end of this drama whether it's being locked up in a mental hospital or being in jail for a few years. What I love about this writer is that none of her villains go unpunished. I still can't believe some people think Sunny and LH can be together. They had their moment in the first half of this drama. Now Sunny and WB are having their moment in the second half.

You're too late LH, she's moved on. Why on earth would she betray WB to be with you? We know you're gonna lose it even more when you find out she's in love with the man you wanna kill.

Wow, this drama is so unpredictable!  Thank you all whom are participating in this forum, for keeping me posted when I don’t have time to sit and watch.  I love reading all your thoughts, speculations and predictions!  Always fun to hang out with like minded people!

Who else besides me thinks Jang Na-ra is a vampire?  Haha I mean that in a good way, my son refers to people who just don’t age as vampires.....and she definitely is one of them!!  She always looks the same, so young and beautiful!  

Someone mentioned earlier on this forum about a role that SSR played in which he was a good guy...it was “Trot Lovers” which featured Jung Eun-Ji and Ji Hyun-woo!  If any of you like him, you should check it out.....he was really a nice guy in that one.  Sort of played a “White Knight” role, in fact!

2 hours ago, sonequeen01 said:

There's no excuse for some of the things LH's done.....

I still can't believe some people think Sunny and LH can be together. They had their moment in the first half of this drama. Now Sunny and WB are having their moment in the second half.

You're too late LH, she's moved on. Why on earth would she betray WB to be with you? We know you're gonna lose it even more when you find out she's in love with the man you wanna kill.

totally agree with you... i cannot understand why people would want Sunny to forgive & love LH again..

i think if Sunny and LH were to end up together in the end, i may throw something at the television screen. 

Hi all...I want to share my 2 cents for fun

1. Since the regulation that woman can rule the country has been approved, I find it will be more hilarious if Princess Sojin is the one who acends the throne in the end. Yoon will be likely not interested for the position. As for Ari, the writer can make excuse that the princess is under age so before Ari reaches certain age, SoJin will be the one replaces her. If not, the writer can also make a twist that LH is not Ari's biological father by revealing that the DNA test has been manipulated by the Nanny. 

However, the title is last empress. Like all of u said, it gives strong conclusion that the monarchy system will be over after this. Except the meaning is a twist, it's actually "the last Empress for LH" :P

Does "empress" and "queen" have the same meaning? It seems they usually use "Queen" term for the woman who rules the country and empress is used for indicating the Emperor's wife. What I mean is..If they are different, it also makes sense that the last empress is SN since the next throne is a Queen, therefore there's no Empress.

2. Just for joke, maybe the island is used to bury all the men that has given "service" to ED. She will not want these men to open their mouth someday or give her threat for money :lol:

3. I enjoy the love triangle plot but only to that extend. it's good that the writer made the LH character is more loveable but hopefully it's just for purpose that later LH deserves lighter punishment, not to the extend that LH deserves the female lead :rolleyes:. Probably.. the special episode next week to remind netizen what crime LH has done so far :sweatingbullets:

4. I worry about WB statement that He would protect SN even if it needed to sacrifice his life.

Ha. I’ll give my opinion on the love triangle. Personally, I’m not really interested in the relationship between Na Wang Shik and Sunny. I don’t know. I find it rather bland and (dare I say) forced. I would like if they could maintain a close bond and support each other in their quest to overcome the royal family but, love-wise, I do not see the chemistry (which is so unfortunate since I love Choi Jin Hyuk and Jang Na Ra). I actually find the emperor far more interesting and the best character in the drama by far. Shin Sung Rok and the writers definitely helped with this opinion due to all his cute and hilarious moments. And all the scenes between Lee Hyuk and Sunny are always my favorites in each episode. Unfortunately, the emperor has done too much to be simply forgiven, and all his horrible actions and crimes cannot be ignored (though the writers are prob kicking themselves since he has become the most popular character XD). So, I’m just going to forget the ships in this drama and focus on the mystery. Like what is happening on that dang island?! (I was also thinking that there was some kind of mass-production of drugs on the island but I honestly want something worse than that. I mean, so many people died for this secret!)

Oh, and this is the video that I mentioned earlier -- the one that was edited like SBS did it themselves. Thank god for fans and their editing skills! I'm gonna try and find a cute one for CWB x Sunny. Stay tuned :lol:

1 hour ago, illay said:

1. Since the regulation that woman can rule the country has been approved, I find it will be more hilarious if Princess Sojin is the one who acends the throne in the end. Yoon will be likely not interested for the position. As for Ari, the writer can make excuse that the princess is under age so before Ari reaches certain age, SoJin will be the one replaces her. If not, the writer can also make a twist that LH is not Ari's biological father by revealing that the DNA test has been manipulated by the Nanny. 

Problem is, the only way Sojin can be the Queen is if LH as the Emperor does not have any descendant. She is not next in line. At this point, the next in line is Yoon, thus the title Crown Prince. Unless it can be proven that Ari is not LH's bio daughter, and Yoon gave up or denounced of his title, Sojin cannot take the throne. Even with the excuse that Ari is not of age yet, the person to take her place until she is of age will be her mother... could be Sunny, or the Nanny, if she managed to get herself acknowledged. Which I think is the reason why she wants the title of Crown Princess to be given to Ari by the ED. She asked her to denounced Yoon's title of Crown Prince.

That's what I understand from watching sageuks... CMIIW

What I really don't understand is why would the Nanny be so adamant in getting Ari to be able to take the throne when she isn't even anywhere near Ari's good books... Like when Ari took the throne, would she be able to benefit from it? I kinda think I know what she's trying to do slowly... Get the new rule passed (checked), get the title Crown Princess for Ari, then get rid of LH so Ari can become the ruler... I'm pretty sure that's the plan she has in mind.

38 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

What I really don't understand is why would the Nanny be so adamant in getting Ari to be able to take the throne when she isn't even anywhere near Ari's good books... Like when Ari took the throne, would she be able to benefit from it? I kinda think I know what she's trying to do slowly... Get the new rule passed (checked), get the title Crown Princess for Ari, then get rid of LH so Ari can become the ruler... I'm pretty sure that's the plan she has in mind.

If Ari becomes the empress, then the Nanny will gain a lot of control over the palace. Not really at the level of the Empress Dowager since Sunny will have that position (if she's still alive... the Nanny prob has plans of getting rid of her to gain that title) but as the mother of the empress, she will have a lot of power. 

SSR and CJH are giants next to JNR. She’s literally looking up at SSR. Must be hard for her neck. 

Anyway, this scene was very intense and I don’t think Sunny can ever forgive him. As much as I’m enjoying their chemistry and LH being funny, he’s done too much evil to the point of no return. 

IMO the romance of WB-OS is sweet and warm and not typical korean ro-co like cat-mouse mode on. Their romance is mature and full of responsibility to protect each other. It suits with the ost sang by Kei Lovelyz.The lyrics is exactly what Sunny feels about WB. WB's character turned to gloomy and bland after his mom's death. However, we saw how he can smile (though still rare lol) in latest episodes (thanks to Sunny). I hope one day, he can back to WS's character who is cheerful and bright. 

Be honest, I don't like the emperor since very beginning. He's mentally weak and sick. I can't imagine how he feels when he figure out the girl he loves is secretly in love with the man he wants to kill the most, Na Wang Sik ssi aka my Bin. He will feel betray from both of them. But he doesn't need to be worried because his mom AGAIN will 'solve' this problem for him.

I hope people don't be blind with what he's done just because he acted cute from latest episodes. He's definitely the one who killed WS's mom. Though it was unintentionally. He was the one who choke late princess and push her to the lake untill died. But still we don't know who exactly killed grandmother. Once Yura back and find out his fiance was in the same hospital with her, he might join WB-OS for revenge too.

:blink: o..kay... me too ... i cant imagine uri cute empress with the 'lust' emperor :P as a couple:sweatingbullets:

FXXZYtK.jpg

Ops no offence to his fans -- don kick me too:grimace:

Have u guys check out the PD note?

PD nim is also rooting for cute Empress + Hot bodyguard *cough~~*

(Google translate from SBS website)

https://m.programs.sbs.co.kr/show/thelastempress/visualboard/56861?cmd=view&board_no=404291

DZeaUUu.jpg

:blush:fan service:

RMZVU5o.jpg

Spoiler

GpRGC5v.jpg

Cr SBS website https://m.programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/thelastempress/visualboard/56865/?cmd=view&page=1&board_no=396640

:glasses:like father like daughter...ops !!

*flies off quickly*

2 hours ago, Crystal Kim said:

If Ari becomes the empress, then the Nanny will gain a lot of control over the palace. Not really at the level of the Empress Dowager since Sunny will have that position (if she's still alive... the Nanny prob has plans of getting rid of her to gain that title) but as the mother of the empress, she will have a lot of power. 

Kang Hee wants to take control of the empire for some reason but she will divide half of property with PM (wealth not the main desire?). Is it because Kang Hee is jealous of Empress SH? She is SH friend's, but how come it's just being a waitress? maybe she became greedy because there was a chance and she already knew the ins and outs with certainty. ED also seems to give enough attention to Lee Hyuk's 'biological' needs. ED once said if he wanted women ask to ED, she will provide anywomen. Why Sojin is not getting married again? And it took a very long time and was forced to remarry Lee Hyuk, even though there should have been unrest when the Emperor didn't have offspring either. Generally, it was immediately ordered to choose the new queen in the drama about the kingdom.

11 hours ago, ChewyChocolate said:

I decided to write my own take on the scene where Sunny wakes up and finds Lee Hyuk in her bedroom. As a Lee Hyuk-Sunny shipper, I am desperate. 

Check it out here.

https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1386079/oh-sunny-s-diary-lee-hyuk-s-confusing-me-romance

....Nice! Another desperate fan, that wonders if you're going to continue? Yeah, i know canon LH/SN is all kinds of ......but i did say it's the appeal, don't judge me! :sweat_smile:

Archived