Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

1 hour ago, kaoriharang said:

i keep wondering if LH really does 'love' Sunny or that because she keeps flat out rejecting him (from the moment she came back to the Palace) that now he wants something he clearly cant have.

That’s a question i thought of as well. But I do think that his attraction to Sunny could be partially because she’s just unlike all the other women in the palace who are just out to use him to secure power & privilege for themselves. There’s a goodness & pureness to her that I do think he’s attracted to . 

@Lmangla Haha always can count on you when it comes to this genre. My fear comes from how this show has been rather unpredictable but ok I’ll be happy to see LH pay for his crimes. 

Even though I cannot warm up to the LH -Sunny romance, I like SSR @katakwasabi . I think he’s perfect for the role . No one can play a raging psycho one minute & go this cute the next . 

Spoiler

Special broadcast next Wednesday. No new episodes then . Resumes next day

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Dang they are REALLY going there huh?? 

Can’t help but feel bad for LH now BUT I had to rewatch the first few episode just to remind myself that he has a dark and wicked side to himself that we should never forget. A selfish mother and bad upbringing should never be a valid excuse for murder and just evil behaviour! Also let’s not forget that he still doesn’t feel bad for Sunny’s mum’s death...

YES he seems to be genuinely falling for Sunny at this point in time. But like others have pointed out, it started with him being competitive with WB but now I think he actually cares for her. (I believe the things and words he’s said about her with his mum and general things he’s done for her without her knowing proves it.) ALSO he has to pay for his sins of the past. Dude killed people and seems to be nonchalant about it. He’s either gonna die or gonna go to jail. That’s the only plausible ending I see for him as a character. But then again. The writers will definitely surprise us!

Is it weird that I can’t really trust WB’s feelings for her now? I don’t know if it’s genuine or just to irk the Emperor! UGH but then Sunny seems to be really falling for him! Them writes confusing me so much! And the Emperor’s cute, goofy side is not helping the case :lol:

• Like 6

I think I know now why Empress SH fell in love with LH.... She fell for his cute dorky side.... :lol:

I wonder, when did LH started getting paranoid... When ED fed him the lies about SH and guard KJS, he was still not believing her and assured her that they're just good friends. It wasn't until ED produced the photos (which I now suspect photo-shopped) that LH lost his marbles, and maybe from then on he kept spiraling down? Does anyone remember how many years ago he got into the near-death accident?

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

@triplem it will be 2 hours of TLE on next Thursday, right?

Not sure . Those two episodes mentioned in the account are half hour episodes 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

I think I know now why Empress SH fell in love with LH.... She fell for his cute dorky side.... :lol:

I wonder, when did LH started getting paranoid... When ED fed him the lies about SH and guard KJS, he was still not believing her and assured her that they're just good friends. It wasn't until ED produced the photos (which I now suspect photo-shopped) that LH lost his marbles, and maybe from then on he kept spiraling down? Does anyone remember how many years ago he got into the near-death accident?

I think its the same year as Empress Sohyun's death, maybe 7 years ago? I think she died 7 years ago. Please correct me if i'm wrong :sweatingbullets: 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

I think its the same year as Empress Sohyun's death, maybe 7 years ago? I think she died 7 years ago. Please correct me if i'm wrong :sweatingbullets: 

Maybe need to do a little rewatching... which I don't really have time to for now...

Reason I want to know is ~ did LH go racing on his bike because he was in despair after SH's death?

• Like 2

watching the latest episode and laughing at helro's smackdown of the empress dowager -- "you old witch!" hahahah.... the mention of the word "old" really rattled her... perhaps, a good punishment is to somehow make ED super old? too bad there's no magic portion for that! ^_^

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, triplem said:

Special broadcast next Wednesday. No new episodes then . 

It was published in soompi too.

I suppose they need some more time between they film and the episode is aired. 

It's ok for me, but I only hope episodes 33-34 will be good and show us what I was waiting for a long time...if you know what i mean :phew:

quot-Fated-to-Love-You-quot-Episode-9_47

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

January 10, 2019

"The Last Empress" Jang Nara Promises Shin Eun-kyung Revenge

Source: Asiae via HanCinema.net

photo1028792.jpg

On the latest episode of the SBS drama "The Last Empress", Oh Sunny (Jang Nara) barely survived a bomb and went to see the Queen Mother (Shin Eun-kyung).

Oh Sunny said, "I knew you were a frightening person, but I didn't know you'd be this revolting. How did you think of planting a bomb in your son's belonging? If you want to kill me then you should kill me in the name of the Queen Mother and not try to frame it on your son. That's pathetic".

The Queen Mother said, "Watch what you're saying. It's ruthless of you to speak about me that way. Your father is fearless enough to punch the emperor in the face and your brother is so shameful he almost shamed my face away".

Oh Sunny said, "So you're not ashamed of using your son to kill your daughter-in-law? The emperor is no good, but who can blame him for having a mother like you". The Queen Mother told her to sign the divorce papers right away.

Oh Sunny said, "I won't. I'll see this through the end. I won't die like Empress So-hyun (Shin Go-eun). I will show you what it's like to be hit in the back of the head by the empress that you handpicked yourself".

• Like 7

25 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

Maybe need to do a little rewatching... which I don't really have time to for now...

Reason I want to know is ~ did LH go racing on his bike because he was in despair after SH's death?

Was it not 10 years ago?

Because if he is married, I don't think Sunny will dream of marrying him. 

But I might be wrong.

Too much dramas. So I might be confused. Lol

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

4 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

@ktcjdrama and @mrsj3n. I did a bit of digging and now i also think the accident was before his marriage to SH. Because Byun was with him at that time. If i recall correctly when SH died, Byun also left the palace.

Ref: https://www.dramamilk.com/the-last-empress-episode-27-and-28-live-recap/

Ok, I just rewatched the latest episode whereby Yoon confronted the doctor.

It's 10 years ago.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just watched yesterday's eng subbed eps...

Yoon is the dumbest character I've ever seen in any drama... He just destroyed a main evidence there was to prove Empress Dowager's evilness.. Dunno how many people are gonna deceased b'cause of his childish mind!

And 10 yrs ago, lee Hyuk survived in an accident. 7 yrs ago, Empress So Hyun died by drowning in the lake & 1 yr ago, a mummy was found with a necklace on it! :o

And I was so right about Empress Dowager... She wants to be immortal. And by chance, the oddly smelled flowers in her garden have the key ingredient for it..??!! I am curious...

And I really want both Sunny & Wang Sik to be alive at the end of the series.. But "I will protect you, even if I must give my life" is leaving some negative vibes on me!! I hope not though... And he said that he likes Sunny. Yes, the ship has officially sailed on its own :wub:

49914804_2128895794088622_61939675867748

• Like 14

Some thoughts about this week´s episode

- I find it somewhat disturbing that some people are really shipping her with LH and want the writer to change the loveline. Yikes....the guy is unstable and can switch from nice to bad faster than you can blink.

- I read that next week there is going to be a special where they show a summary of all the aired episode. Even tho I´m sad that we won´t get the usual 2h maybe this special will remind all those people that are shipping her with LH of all the bad things he had done. 

- About the princess scolding Sunny about Ari...imo she wasn´t exactly nice to Ari when she was pretending to be her mother.

- Apart from what I said about the princess above I feel bad for her that she is being used by WB. Like she said she may be stupid but she is not evil....so she doesn´t deserve to be used like that. It will really crush her when she finds out the truth. 

- I initialy thought that YR had something to do with the previous head of guard surviving since she was the only person present at that moment...After watching ep 16 I´m not sure how to interpret her surprised look if it was more of a "what are you doing her"? or "You are alive?"

- When WB declared to LH that he like Sunny I think that he did that to protect her from the emperor....feelings are starting to develop between them but I don´t think it´s love yet. 

-I always wonder what the father of the last empress had been doing all those years....he has all those people working for him with all those high tech equipment and in all of those 7 years he wasn´t able to find any clue about the death of his daughter? What has those guys doing been doing all of the time? What is the purpose of that place?

- I find so hilarious that ED decided to put Hello in a prison after she called her old. She seems to be quite obssesed with staying young.

- About the controversial topic of Ari´s punishment: I don´t have a problem with it because Sunny did it the right way. She first gave Ari the chance to correct her mistake....and after she didn´t that´s when she decide to punished her (even tho it wasn´t technically her fault since she didn´t learnt any moral values at that messed up place). But afterwards she took time to consol her and explained things to her. She didn´t do it out of malicious intent. Comparing it to the flahsback of LH and his father...the reason why LH got beaten was the father loosing face in front of the people...the punishment was all about him and his image. 

- Sunny need to learn how to be a better spy because how in the world are you going to sneak into a place while wearing  shoes loud enough to wake up all the dead people that ED has burried in that Island. 

- I know this is a makjang drama but I really hope that the writer wouldn´t go the pregnancy route....that would just overcomplicate things more than they already are. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

@gm4queen I'm a little confused.

During the first episode, I thought what we are watching now is the flashback of what happened 1 year ago after the corpse was found? Because that necklace belongs to Sunny. Hmmm

Yoon is actually not the dumbest because he is not alone.

He has the late empress and sunny with him. :joy:

@Sarang21 I agree with what you said.

But regarding Ari's punishment.. I'm not saying Sunny did not discipline her properly, I'm just not sure why she has to be caned so many times on her leg. But that is definitely not abuse.

Gosh.. what type of kids are we trying to raise nowadays?

Strawberry generation?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Lmangla said:

watching the latest episode and laughing at helro's smackdown of the empress dowager -- "you old witch!" hahahah.... the mention of the word "old" really rattled her... perhaps, a good punishment is to somehow make ED super old? too bad there's no magic portion for that! ^_^

37 minutes ago, Sarang21 said:

- I find so hilarious that ED decided to put Hello in a prison after she called her old. She seems to be quite obssesed with staying young.

Yes, it was hilarious and I also thought of the best punishment would be to make her look really old.... The medicine that the maid brought to her was one of those new anti-aging injection. Maybe one of these days she can get a faulty product that will actually bring problems for her facial appearance, mwahahahahahaa....

37 minutes ago, Sarang21 said:

- I initialy thought that YR had something to do with the previous head of guard surviving since she was the only person present at that moment...After watching ep 16 I´m not sure how to interpret her surprised look if it was more of a "what are you doing her"? or "You are alive?"

I think it could very well be YR's doing. Since she is the one who reported to LH that the guard already killed himself. She could've lied about it. But it could also be the ED who spared him maybe? He was one of her favorite and trusted persons...

38 minutes ago, Sarang21 said:

Sunny need to learn how to be a better spy because how in the world are you going to sneak into a place while wearing  shoes loud enough to wake up all the dead people that ED has burried in that Island. 

LOL..... :lol:

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

6 hours ago, triplem said:

I think here in Asia or for those of us with Asian heritage - we have no issues with a little spanking as long as not done in excess or abusive.

my mom is half chinese and she spanked me and my sister all the time so im used to it lol.. 

i just watched the latest ep.. i dont know what is wrong with me but i kinda like lee hyuk with sunny now (dont spank me :joy:)..  i want him to be better and repent..

ps/dont worry woo bin u can date me instead~~:wub:

the story is going nowhere.. too much drama, not enough episodes.. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

34 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

@gm4queen I'm a little confused.

During the first episode, I thought what we are watching now is the flashback of what happened 1 year ago after the corpse was found? Because that necklace belongs to Sunny. Hmmm

Yoon is actually not the dumbest because he is not alone.

He has the late empress and sunny with him. :joy:

As far as I remember what we are watching now is what happened between 7yrs to 1yr... At the end of current flashback scenes, we will be able to know who the deceased mummy is ... Or am I missing here something???? :sweatingbullets:

Dear @ktcjdrama - can you help a little bit??!? At this rate, will 24 hours be enough to untie these messes...? I think now we only have 8 hours left.. :mellow:

• Like 8
  • Confused 1