[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

Live recaps

Hide contents

Back to WB digging for his mother's body with YR watching from afar.

Yeay! Byun got her before she could come any closer or say anything. And it looks like really his mother's body... it's too dark, I can't really make it out.

Sunny and LH's scene from last week. Sunny stayed in the hug, until LH set her to sit, then tried to kiss her. She slapped him. LH said we're husband and wife, and asked to be with her that night. Sunny asked him to leave. He said just to stay a while. Sunny kicked him, lol... then dragged him out... he even whined, and he was kicked the second time, lol... but he actually smiled as he was leaving, saying that it's interesting. Sunny went back to her bed and fumed.

Morning. WB seated somewhere still sad over his mother. Coffin in front. Sunny came and called his name. He just acknowledged him. Then started to punch the ground in anger until his fist bleeding. He apologized to his mother and asked her to be patient and wait. He cried, it must be so cold, you must be so afraid. Sunny took off her scarf and put it inside the coffin saying that it shouldn't be cold now, good bye. WB covered the coffin. (stream cut) Next is Sunny is hugging WB while flashback of what they both went through because of his mother's death.

DS sleeping. WB beside him and called him up. He tried to not cry, and hugged DS. DS told him about having a dream that mother went far away. He's happy because he doesn't know a thing while WB trying to hold his tears. DS saw a royalty pin on his jacket, he likes it, so WB pinned it on DS's shirt.

Next is LH and WB exercising together. He asked what happened to his hand. Then other talks that I missed because the stream cut. LH was informed that Sunny is rejecting the gifts from him. LH is sending her maaaaaaany gifts that Sunny reject out right and asked the servants to bring them back. LH was angry.

I think this will play an important role later on...probably when WB real identity is revealed. 

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Matilda_Anne said:

hehehe finally we get 5 sec of romance~~ not dugun-dugun type of romance, more to ‘i’ll be here for you’ kinda romance... 

well better than nothing right? heeeehee 

so in other words, no forehead kiss, no cheek kiss, no brushing of hands, no sizzling stare, no catching her as she falls and heartbeats running away, no secret smile... no dugun no dugun at all? :cold_sweat:

..... well I guess they both have strong hearts? ....

P.S -- wishing all january babies, happy birthday!

and join us for this event. am curious to see if anyone can come up with empress dignity inspired madness! hahahaha...

28 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

ur welcome hihi.. ikr i would totally date ssr in real life lol..  im a sucker for a tall, lean handsome guy lmao.. sadly, he is a married man sobs..  

Haha. Ikr. And he has a great voice to boot. And also awesome basketball skills (i did my research hahaha)

I've watched the episode raw and i dont think Hyuk-Sunny will happen eventhough i kinda want Hyuk and Sunny to work out ehehe #sorrynotsorryicantdislikehyuk

But Hyuk's past wrongdoings are abundant, so i just hope he will end up a good man and protect Sunny regardless she likes him or not. You can do it Hyuk! Be a better man! And protect Sunny unconditionaly. That's the least you can do after the heartbreak you put her through ^_^. If somehow at the end Sunny opens up her heart back for you thats great, but if she doesnt thats ok too~ and if you get to know who Woobin really is, beg for his forgiveness and treat him better or turn yourself in (or better if you admit your wrongdoing earlier and turn yourself in asap). Be a better man Hyuk. I'm rooting for you! Fighting!!!

Ehehehe

12 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

so in other words, no forehead kiss, no cheek kiss, no brushing of hands, no sizzling stare, no catching her as she falls and heartbeats running away, no secret smile... no dugun no dugun at all?

Spoiler

uhm she put plaster on his hand, and he gave her scarf.. can those be considered as dugun-dugun? but he did stare at her when she fixed plaster on his hand but not in a sizzling way.. .so far no kissing.. maybe tomorrow? 

I quickly watched the raws waiting for subs (even after i said i was going to wait until this show finished to binge watch the rest, but its so addicting XD)

but....

Spoiler

...Well this new flashback of child Lee Hyuk is just making me convinced, he's not related by blood to either the late Emperor OR Empress Dowager. Again, if I'm wrong, I will take that L, but as it stands...I am in doubt over LH's parentage.

As if getting beaten who knows how many times a day by the Emperor wasn't bad enough, ED decides that it's A-OKAY to traumatize a child by burning a bird...ON FIRE...TO DEATH...WHAT THE WHAT?!

Again, the parents only treated LH like crap, not the other two...just him. For all her 'disowning' Yoon for getting in her way or wanting to use him, in earlier episodes you can clearly see she genuinely misses him. And while she ignores So Jin, I'm pretty dang sure she never treated those two the way she does LH.

I will flip desk if I don't get an in-depth look into the ED's past, I'm very curious to know why and how she's like this?

@dramaninja ~ in that clip you posted, is the PD trying to be ironic? rocky bear and sunny have a moment where he rubs off her tears. sunny, why can't you just scoot and ask him to stretch his feet on the bed, it is big enough.. poor fella is stuck sitting in the chair instead and leaning over her. he will get back pain after a while in that position... but never mind, it is still romantic! ^_^... and then camera pans out and we see the wedding photo on the wall. what is PD trying to do? guilt us? remind us that she is still trapped? :sweatingbullets:

Quick question for everyone, when WB yelled at LH after the bomb, did he use saturi?

If he did, that shows how much SN has come to mean to him. Also, I feel that the last scene where he promises to take care of her was pretty significant. It shows that in a way, she has become one of his inner circle much like DS is. The showing of the wedding picture at the end in my opinion was to show the contrast of the two relationships. The royal picture was cold and flat, where their moment together on the bed was warm and cozy in comparison. Also, one is more stronger than the other, since her relationship with the Emperor has been just for show and not real at all. Where with WS, they have a true meeting of the hearts.

Here are my adjusted predictions:

• Yura will not die by being murdered; she may have a change of heart when she learns what happened to her fiance/baby's daddy. She will be wrecked with guilt and that guilt may lead her tio commit suicide.
  • Empress Suni & Wang Shik will still hate her (Yura), but will have sympathy and ask her to lead a quiet life somewhere else.
  • The Nanny will die a horrible death and the Prime Minister will be deposed.
  • Grand Empress will have the nanny killed for reaching to high.
  • There is NO WAY Yoon is going to allow the Nanny to slip through the cracks and decrown him through the Empress dowager by making Ari the crown princess; the prime minister dissed her; he will start being very suspicious of nanny.
  • Empress Dowager will either commit suicide, be murder by Hyuk, or be committed to the Psych ward that Yura & ex-body guard is located, and lose all of her wealth.
  • Sunni will be torn in her feelings between Wang & Hyuk for the simple reason that Hyuk will let his guard down, tell him about his childhood, his mother, and his prior motivations for his past behavior, he will humbly ask for forgiveness, and then she will find out about the transfusion mishap and be done. Hyuk is going to destroy his mother beyond belief when he learns about her setting up his first wife.
  • I believe that it will be revealed that ED poisoned her husband against Hyuk causing the division and then poisoned her husband because she could not control him as a puppet.

2 hours ago, guinearoyal said:

Quick question for everyone, when WB yelled at LH after the bomb, did he use saturi?

Not sure if it was satoori since it’s such a short word but dang, he said it in the most disrespectful manner. I mean, saying “move” is harsh in itself but he also said it in a curt tone and no honorifics (to the emperor of Korea!)

There are still eight episodes remaining.  So, there will be more crazy twist and turns before we get to the end.

However, here's my imaginary wacky ending:

The ghost of (Christmas past, )i.e, Granny, haunts Kang  to the point that she has to be institutionalized on the island.  ( Kang was the final one to be responsible for Granny's death.) So, Kang got her wish to own  the island.

After which, Hyuk and Yura declares their true love for each other.  Together, they go to the police and confess their crimes. Along with which they reveal all the crimes committed by Nanny and everyone else. The reason that Hyuk can do this is because it is revealed that he isn't of royal blood. Neither is Yoon.  The only one with royal blood is ... Princess Soo Jin.

And, since the Prime Minister has pushed through the change to the succession law, Soo Jin can, now, inherit the throne.  Guess who is Empress now?!  :lol:

6 hours ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke... @Matilda_Anne, it does not sound much like dugun dugun at all... for dugun, dugun moments, even viewers heartbeats are rapid and we are smiling like idiots at the computer and typing in soompi "omo" love-red-crab-emoticon.gif?1292455361...

random thought... is dugun dugun moments good for our hearts?

He did catch her falling last week...? and I was smiling like an idiot at the computer last night during their scarf and plaster scenes.... :P so yeah it's dugun-dugun moment for me....

6 hours ago, Lmangla said:

and then camera pans out and we see the wedding photo on the wall. what is PD trying to do? guilt us? remind us that she is still trapped? :sweatingbullets:

Of course <_<

4 hours ago, guinearoyal said:

If he did, that shows how much SN has come to mean to him.

Saturi is an accent in speaking.... What WB yelled at him was more like "Get lost!"... definitely not something you will use when speaking to an Emperor. That moment was a shocker for me. Yes it really shows how WB is involving his personal emotions already seeing Sunny is harmed.

8 hours ago, foreverempress said:

Sorry I don't know Korean well enough to understand what the title is. Let's wait for subs. It sounds like a high title...

empress.png

In DRAMA

[The Last Empress] Eps 29 & 30 spoilers, Choi Jin Hyuk x Jang Na Ra x Shin Sung Rok

Posted on Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Article: Naver 'The Last Empress' Jang Na Ra kicks Shin Sung Rok out, "Get out" 

1. [+600,-15]
Isn't KakaoTalk Dog's character just a gag character? ㅋㅋㅋ

2. [+568,-42]
Am I the only one insane? I feel bad for Lee Hyuk, and I hope they get together. 

3. [+461,-8]
It feels like Lee Hyuk is going to die for Ssu Ni.. Thinking of it, when he was younger, he was just an ordinary and kind child. His parents ruined him in the end.. 

4. [+344,-1]
The King isn't the problem today!! Many things made me laugh today~~~ Kang Seung Joo's lover is Min Yoo Ra, and the Empress' mother's death too... ㅡㅡ  

5. [+128,-5]
To be honest, the King and Ssu Ni match each other well. Na Wang Sik and Princess So Jin match well. 

6. [+111,-2]
It's hard to guess. The dead Empress' bodyguard is Min Yoo Ra's lover and they were in the state of getting married. And did Oh Ssu Ni's mother save Lee Hyuk and died? Lee Hyuk is going to protect Oh Ssu Ni now, but Cheon Woo Bin and Ssu Ni are starting to have feelings for each other. Compared to the first half, the development is more unpredictable and I'm addicted to it. I'm starting to like Lee Hyuk. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

7. [+76,-0]
Kang Joo Seung's lover is Min Yoo Ra. ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ That was totally unexpected. 

8. [+66,-1]
Ah, damn. His childhood was ruined, of course he's going be grow up twisted. Wow.. Burning the bird in front of the child and let him watch the bird die, that's so scary. But I like Lee Hyuk. ㅠㅠ

the%2Blast.png

Article: Naver 'The Last Empress' "I'll protect" Shin Sung Rok's & Choi Jin Hyuk's love for Jang Na Ra gets bigger  

1. [+2653,-73]
Ah.... I can't understand my heart that is supporting Lee Hyuk and Ssu Ni.. 

2. [+1933,-10]
The King's father uses his belt as a whip, his mother set the bird that he took care of on fire. It's impossible for a child to grow up normally in such an environment. 

3. [+1350,-32]
"I've changed my mind. I've decided to protect the Empress from you." The King is so cool, my heart throbbed. 

4. [+1146,-25]
I thought that the King is a bad person in the beginning, but now, I find him pitiful.. 

5. [+628,-79]
Oh~~~~ The both of them were so cool today. When Wang Sik told the King to move away, he was so cool. 

6. [+296,-19]
The King was totally a psychopath, but why do I keep wishing for him to get together with the Empress? 

7. [+233,-8]
I wanted to hate Lee Hyuk, but I can't. No matter how I look at it, it seems like his parents educated him the wrong way, that's why he grew up this way. He's too pitiful. 

8. [+225,-12]
I know it won't come true.. But I'm pressing the like button... on comments supporting Lee Hyuk and Ssu Ni...... 

9. [+203,-2]
Min Yoo Ra cannot be forgiven. Even if she has her reasons, how can she abandon her son and throw a stone at her adopted mother to kill her? That's ridiculous. 

10. [+180,-26]
It's a makjang anyway, can't Ssu Ni fall for Lee Hyuk slowly? 

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/01/the-last-empress-eps-29-30-spoilers.html

LH is truly pitiful. Him and Sunny could have been something if MYR and him weren't a thing first. LH will tell Sunny he loves her but she will probably tell him "I'm sorry you're too late." She will pity him for sure and maybe even cry for him but I know for a fact that LH is no longer in her heart. With CWB in the picture it's just not possible for him to be the love of her life again. Or even worst, Sunny won't end up with anyone especially since this is also a thing with this writer where no one ends up together.

Finally we have some romance well at least the beginnings of one.
it is clear both are smitten with each other. Personally I feel so so bad for Lee Hyuk I mean i can tell that before the ED messed him up he was a sweet boy.

But when you grow up under such a controlling and oppressive mother I can see him turning bonkers. It is cute he is fawning over the Sunny even though she is treating him somewhat mean.

As a predicted the Nanny and ED joined hands to get rid of Sunny. I guess ED realise she rather keep the Nanny than the ED. I do feel bad for the Nanny I mean princess Ari doesnt exactly treat her right but i guess because she doesnt know that the nanny is the mother? no?

With no preview gosh I am excited to see what happens know. Clearly I think Yura knows WS real identity so its no how will she make a comeback.

And Yura had a relationship with the guard who was previously linked to the 1st Empress .... what does this mean!??? oh my goodness!!! @alekaonu

@ktcjdrama @stroppyse @triplem

Archived