[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

wait a minute, these weeds/flowers/grass is as tall as choi jin hyuk???? umm, rocky bear is kind of tall no?

and P.S -- preparing birthday post for jan. yes it is a new year! so chingus, what dramas would you recommend based on this emoji? :cookie: , :scream: or  :yum:.....

edit: P.S 2! join us chingus for the year's first community event..

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Live recaps

Spoiler

Back to WB digging for his mother's body with YR watching from afar.

Yeay! Byun got her before she could come any closer or say anything. And it looks like really his mother's body... it's too dark, I can't really make it out.

Sunny and LH's scene from last week. Sunny stayed in the hug, until LH set her to sit, then tried to kiss her. She slapped him. LH said we're husband and wife, and asked to be with her that night. Sunny asked him to leave. He said just to stay a while. Sunny kicked him, lol... then dragged him out... he even whined, and he was kicked the second time, lol... but he actually smiled as he was leaving, saying that it's interesting. Sunny went back to her bed and fumed.

Morning. WB seated somewhere still sad over his mother. Coffin in front. Sunny came and called his name. He just acknowledged him. Then started to punch the ground in anger until his fist bleeding. He apologized to his mother and asked her to be patient and wait. He cried, it must be so cold, you must be so afraid. Sunny took off her scarf and put it inside the coffin saying that it shouldn't be cold now, good bye. WB covered the coffin. (stream cut) Next is Sunny is hugging WB while flashback of what they both went through because of his mother's death.

DS sleeping. WB beside him and called him up. He tried to not cry, and hugged DS. DS told him about having a dream that mother went far away. He's happy because he doesn't know a thing while WB trying to hold his tears. DS saw a royalty pin on his jacket, he likes it, so WB pinned it on DS's shirt.

Next is LH and WB exercising together. He asked what happened to his hand. Then other talks that I missed because the stream cut. LH was informed that Sunny is rejecting the gifts from him. LH is sending her maaaaaaany gifts that Sunny reject out right and asked the servants to bring them back. LH was angry.

Spoiler

Ari is handing Nanny a bouquet of flowers. She thought it was for her, so touched, but Ari told her not very nicely that it's for Sunny. Ari gave the flowers to Sunny and asking what Sunny is doing. Sunny explained what she was doing. Basically some living hacks because she has no money. which she told Ari.

Nanny meeting with ED, talking about YR and Sunny. Nanny revealed that she knew that night ED and Empress SH had a fight. In their fight they mentioned about the island and the sec.guard... This happened in flashback. ED slapped SH. SH walked out and ED took something out from her drawer. Then she went to tell LH that she doubt the child that SH has is LH's. She gave LH photos of SH and sec.guard shopping for baby stuff. Happily... LH was enraged.... Back to present. Nanny kept talking, and ED threw the tea to her face. But Nanny not shaken and firmly asked for another title for Ari.... Gosh, this mother.... :blink:

Spoiler

Sunny's home. Father, Hello and Yoon having breakfast... Oh my, Hello is flirting with him under the table. Yoon was uncomfortable but Hello continued. And then she got the wrong leg, LOLOLOL... .Father caught her foot and next thing two of them are kneeling in front of him. Hello was upfront asking for permission and approval. Father not approved, more because he wanted to protect Yoon from Hello, LOL....

Palace. LH is pretending to be hurt, with patches, to get Sunny's sympathy. She just ignored him. She kicked him when she remembered the hurt and pain he caused WB. Then she left. Sunny is waiting for WB somewhere, WB came and smiled at her so sweetly. Sunny asking how he is, then also about his hand. She took his hand and saw it's not treated, so she dragged him to her room to get it treated. She said that this kind of wound can be treated, but what about the wound in the heart... When she blew on it, the sparks flew chingus.....!!! WB is touched..... She put a bandage on it, then WB was about to leave, but he got her a scarf! and put it on her and said thank you... This time it's Sunny's turn to be touched and felt awkward.. She walked away... So sweeeeet... :D

Spoiler

Sunny is talking with Byun. About Empress SH. He mentioned the name of KJS, Sunny remembered hearing the name before in the luncheon. She told Byun.

Next scene is KJS in his cell. He's writing something on the wall... and then it's flashback of him shopping happily with a girl. OMG!!!! His girlfriend is MYR!!!! He's the father of DS!!!! How ironic that they are both locked up in the same hospital.... He suddenly has a panic attack, until some people came in and got him calmed down with a shot.

Chicken shop. Father not feeling too well. Yoon asking how he is. Talking about blood pressure and blood type. Then Yoon realized that the type of blood is rare and same as LH. He walked away to get drink but flashback to what he witnessed in the hospital when ED demanded the blood for LH. When he handed the drink to Father, he asked when did his wife passed away and which hospital. He got a shock when told the answers.

WB is talking to Byun about something. Next is Sojin in her room, trying a new PPL massage chair. Suddenly WB came in, and told her she is in danger... Stream cut... Next Sojin is so angry and crying and wanted to go find ED, she felt wronged. WB told her he understand. Then Sojin asked him if he has any way out? He said yes, then Sojin gave him an envelope, and asked him what else would he need.... I think she trusted him to help her out.

Spoiler

In LH's office. ED is asking LH what's he's thinking about giving gifts to Sunny. LH not happy about her asking. Yoon barged in angrily. Demanding explanation about the blood transfusion. Do you know who you killed? LH didn't know anything. Yoon told them that it caused the death of the Empress's mother!! LH is shocked and asked to ED is it true? He walked off in a daze while Yoon still so upset and emotional. ED just answered that sometimes sacrifices is necessary.

- Stream cut -

Next is LH sitting blankly in his chair. Then cut to Sunny in the conservatory. She tried to get into the secret room. Couldn't open but turned out that the journal she was holding can act as key to open it, but before she could get in, she heard footsteps. ED and Choi coming. So she hid and ran away. As she returned to her chamber, LH saw him from afar, very sadly... He followed her to her room and saw her eating ramen. He said sorry he didn't know, but then he made excuses... sigh...

Yoon is handing WB his novel.

ED and Nanny meeting, didn't catch what they said, talking about Sunny, but at the end of it, Nanny smiled...

Family meeting. Sunny is given a task, I think to lead auction of a painting. Sunny accepted. Ari happy. LH shot a look to Sunny, which ED noticed. As ED walking away, met Nanny and they exchanged knowing look.

LH walking to his office, Choi was there. Supposedly to leave some document (schedule) on his desk.

WB picked up Sunny. She is using the scarf. She smiled at WB and WB smiled back and showed the bandage... so cute these two....!!! Sunny told him that SH's journal is the key to secret room. They both walked to the auction venue.

LH and Ari having a photo session, must be for promotion. Nanny is there with them. She is smiling.... I think LH is expected at the auction but they purposely set another schedule for him to be late. Sunny ended up starting the auction without him. After photo shoot, LH got his phone back. Then got a call from WB. LH immediately went to the auction venue. Nanny immediately reported to ED that LH went away already.

Spoiler

Got a stream cut..

Anyway, LH is stucked in a traffic jam. Auction is going on well. Then next is the painting. Suspenseful BGM playing.... WB is on alert. Feeling something is off...

Traffic is opened up especially for the Emperor to go through. LH looks anxious, earlier he warned WB about something's wrong. And so there are bomb detection going on at the auction venue. Next item is the clock from LH's office. WB remembered that the clock was dropped off by Sec.Choi... As Sunny was explaining about the clock, her hand touched it, and she got an electric shock, but she just smilingly dismissed it... WB realized a bomb is inside. He managed to save her at the last minute, but she was unconscious. He carried her as LH arrived, and when LH asked is she okay, WB angrily barked, bikyo (get lost!). LH stunned... WB realized it and said something. LH let it go for the time being.

LH stormed into ED's room, and angrily demanded to ED what she was doing.... ED is taunting him, why do you care about her now... LH said he caused Sunny's mother death,... ED even told him that it isn't the first time that an Empress died because of him... Gosh this mother... :blink: Flashback to when LH was young, ED was very strict with him, and he timidly apologized and promised not to do it again.... back to present, LH said something like he will protect Sunny now. (I'm not sure)

Sunny in her bed sleeping, with WB staying by her side. As he gets up to leave, Sunny caught his hand, telling him that she is afraid. He sat back down and wiped her tears, assuring her that he will be by her side so don't worry. Nice OST playing.... Scene of them at the bed on left side panned out to include the wedding portrait of LH and Sunny by the right side. End of episode....

The romance is sailing, chingus!!! :D

tonight’s ep was kinda slow moving but we did get one major revelation.. 

actually i want to know what’s the deal with empress dowager.. what makes her so evil? i think the writer needs to do half an ep tribute to her past so that we can know who she exactly was bfore marrying lee hyuk’s father.. at this point i know she is evil but i dont know why.. what is it that she really want? 

I like tonight's episode. It's a bit slower than previous ones, but still very engaging... esp.the development of Sunny and WB's relationship. I thought it was at a good timing. If it were earlier, it might have felt unnatural, but whatever happened between them so far is in great pacing. Esp.now that WB had given his mother a proper burial, he can finally invest himself in a little romance. 

But I admit I am overwhelmed with the whole revelation of a much wider and deeper connection of all these characters. This writer is good...

29 minutes ago, mrsj3n said:

Power, my dear.

Power and money are the roots of all evil.

sad but true.. she is already powerful and rich but still she wants more..

12 minutes ago, gm4queen said:

And thank you so much, dear @ktcjdrama & @Matilda_Anne for the live recapping!! You guys are amazing!

aww ur welcome but @ktcjdrama did it all.. i just wrote some snippets and i dont think it can be considered as recapping lol..  :kiss_wink:

5 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

Omg! I'm getting excited reading the recaps and comments! Thanks @ktcjdrama and @Matilda_Anne. Looking forward to watch this with subs. Hihi. Need to see more Hyuk. I'm in a SSR phase :sweatingbullets::lol:

ur welcome hihi.. ikr i would totally date ssr in real life lol..  im a sucker for a tall, lean handsome guy lmao.. sadly, he is a married man sobs..  

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:
  Hide contents

Got a stream cut..

Anyway, LH is stucked in a traffic jam. Auction is going on well. Then next is the painting. Suspenseful BGM playing.... WB is on alert. Feeling something is off...

Traffic is opened up especially for the Emperor to go through. LH looks anxious, earlier he warned WB about something's wrong. And so there are bomb detection going on at the auction venue. Next item is the clock from LH's office. WB remembered that the clock was dropped off by Sec.Choi... As Sunny was explaining about the clock, her hand touched it, and she got an electric shock, but she just smilingly dismissed it... WB realized a bomb is inside. He managed to save her at the last minute, but she was unconscious. He carried her as LH arrived, and when LH asked is she okay, WB angrily barked, bikyo (get lost!). LH stunned... WB realized it and said something. LH let it go for the time being.

LH stormed into ED's room, and angrily demanded to ED what she was doing.... ED is taunting him, why do you care about her now... LH said he caused Sunny's mother death,... ED even told him that it isn't the first time that an Empress died because of him... Gosh this mother... :blink: Flashback to when LH was young, ED was very strict with him, and he timidly apologized and promised not to do it again.... back to present, LH said something like he will protect Sunny now. (I'm not sure)

Sunny in her bed sleeping, with WB staying by her side. As he gets up to leave, Sunny caught his hand, telling him that she is afraid. He sat back down and wiped her tears, assuring her that he will be by her side so don't worry. Nice OST playing.... Scene of them at the bed on left side panned out to include the wedding portrait of LH and Sunny by the right side. End of episode....

The romance is sailing, chingus!!! :D

Thanks a million ktcjdrama for the episode summary !! 너무고마습니다!!!

Archived