[Drama 2018-2019] Empress Dignity / The Last Empress, 황후의 품격

0ly40

10 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

If I remember correctly, Empress SH was already not moving when LH walked away, so yeah, he did kill her, because he was consumed by his jealousy and went off in a daze. If he didn't daze out, he could probably still save her as soon as she fell into the water... This is not the first time an empress died in a pond. There was another drama long time back with empress dying in the pond (clue: time traveling and colorful track suits)

In LH's defense, he wasn't in the right state of mind when he pushed her into the pond. That's what I think. He should have owned up and grieved for his mistake, which actually he did think he killed her and blamed himself. It was the ED who kept telling him otherwise and tried to cover it up.

If I recall, that "empress" ate poisoned persimmons first and then I think her body was dumped in the pond to make it look like a drowning.  Also, wasn't it the empress' sister?

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, triplem said:

Your mum will scold you ! I hope she’s still enjoying this drama . What does she think of LH - Sunny - WB brewing love triangle? 

She is! haha i dont think she really cares about the love triangle though.. she is obsessed with finding granny’s murderer.. :joy:.. we both think lee hyuk is really killer and he lied to his mother about what really happened that night.. 

((hopefully not too far off))

Preview
LH: How you can call yourself a doctor
ED: ((inaudible: ED says something to LY ))   
Sunny: What are you doing here?
Sunny: How you can say it’s okay  It’s not   Sit still   
LH: What’s the matter with your hand.  Would I die by  your hand? 

WB: It’s possible. 

LH: What?
LH: I got hit/beat by the empress. Every part of my body aches.  

Sunny: Wake up  dog-****
ED: Perhaps you have a feeling for / are taken in by Oh Sunny?     I don’t know why you are doing/acting needlessly /foolishly
LH: I’m going to the empress right now so you have to protect her

Sunny: This charity item is painted by GED personally
WB:  Empress-mama

Watch: âThe Last Empressâ Cast Canât Stop Laughing Behind The Scenes In Making-Of Video

Watch: “The Last Empress” Cast Can’t Stop Laughing Behind The Scenes In Making-Of Video

https://www.soompi.com/article/1289589wpp/watch-last-empress-cast-cant-stop-laughing-behind-scenes-making-video

Lee Elijah Tells Story Behind Cement Torture Scene In âThe Last Empressâ

Lee Elijah Tells Story Behind Cement Torture Scene In “The Last Empress”

3 hours ago, Carmarie said:

What the emperor needs is a psychologist and a psychiatrist.  He is mentally bruised from the physical abuse from his father and the mental abuse from his overbearing, power hungry, crazy mother.  It is sad to say, but he is badly damaged.   He did love his first wife, but he was overly jealous of her (a mental condition).  When he was distraught after arguing with his wife and pushing her, (she fell in the water, however, it did not seem to be too deep),  He was distraught and what did his mother do?   She told him, something to the effect of it is alright the baby isn't yours anyway...WHAT!  She did not show any sympathy, no comfort, nothing. How can he be sane?  When he accidentally run over WB's mother because she walked out in from of the vehicle, what did YR do, cover up for him.  What he did not know, she was covering for herself because WB's mother would not have walked out into the road like that if she had not been hit in the head by YR.  Sunny is the only one that will not tolerate his bad behavior.  While Sunny can't cure the emperor he needs professional help, she can steer him in the right direction.   What a dysfunctional family; I think the royal family need group therapy, because they are all coo-coo for coco puffs.  It is a good thing that it is a constitutional monarchy.  The country would be in disarray

Lol all of this.  I feel sorry for him because his parents really did a number on him. 

10 hours ago, jechoi1 said:

If I recall, that "empress" ate poisoned persimmons first and then I think her body was dumped in the pond to make it look like a drowning.  Also, wasn't it the empress' sister?

You could be right... it's been a long time so I don't remember the details very well. All I remember is the drowning... :sweatingbullets:

Whoaaa, looks like we're in for another crazy wild ride tonight... I am not sure if I can live stream or not. Came home a bit late tonight so still have a bit of chores to do before I can be in front of the laptop... Wish I have some palace servants to help me :P 

16 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Yeah sure we dont know rather he was the one that actually  killed her but he did try to choke her and push her in the water he is an abusive person and really horrible to all of the women in his life.

I have the same thought. He seems to sincerely love his first empress which is why he was blinded by jealousy planted by his mother. And I dont believe drown is the cause of her death. It was recorded as heart attack. They simply say she was walking alone when she fell & drown but I think someone has been slowly poisoning her, just as she has been poisoning the queen abt the so call affairs which eventually poison the king's mind abt his wife havung affair. Who wud benefit the most if the heavily pregnant empress died? Certainly its a lost to ED if the empress was carrying a prince as she wud have another puppet to control. And who desperately wanted to pass the law of allowing a princess to rule?

My bet nanny Seo is behind of the royal death. She betrayed her best friend & slept with her husband, the king & later claim to be carrying his chikd when I suspect Ari is not even a royalty. The DNA test must have forged. Nanny Seo is very capable, if she can seduce the PM, betrayed he bf, trick a ling into sleeping with her, what is a mere lab tester to her.

All the death happened just at the right time...after she slept with the king, the empress was found dead. Sure king tried to strangle her & leave her in the pond but I dont think its that simple. With her & the unborn child death, opening a way for Seo but the king refused ti have anything to do with her or her child. Later she use Sunny to reveal to the granny empress who insist to acknowledge Ari as the king's daughter, she has no use for granny especially when she insist re open investigation on former empress death, or else why wud she sneak in into granny's room. I bet she's the one who thrust the pin to granny, seeing that the king & ED fail to do so. As to who poison her it cud be between her or Yura. All the unexplained death happen after king slept with Nanny Seo. ED maybe evil & greed but I dont believe she wud actually murder a royal or royal family member, or else she wud have murder Sunny instead of going a long way trying to push her our from the royals 

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

You could be right... it's been a long time so I don't remember the details very well. All I remember is the drowning... :sweatingbullets:

Whoaaa, looks like we're in for another crazy wild ride tonight... I am not sure if I can live stream or not. Came home a bit late tonight so still have a bit of chores to do before I can be in front of the laptop... Wish I have some palace servants to help me :P 

like rocky bear? I wouldn't mind if I had a rocky bear to carry me whenever I trip and to bite his hand when I am annoyed... :sweatingbullets:... but alas, no rocky bear...

4 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

like rocky bear? I wouldn't mind if I had a rocky bear to carry me whenever I trip and to bite his hand when I am annoyed... :sweatingbullets:... but alas, no rocky bear...

Yes, one rocky bear as my personal bodyguard and assitant, please... :D 

12 hours ago, jechoi1 said:

If I recall, that "empress" ate poisoned persimmons

i dont remember anything about persimmons in this drama...funny story about persimmons.. i first had it when i was in korea.. i thought it was a tomato.. i went to a market place with my mom and accidently bought ‘weird tomatoes’..  it was so sweet and yummy so we kept bragging about ‘korean tomato’ to everyone back home.. found out it was actually persimmon a few months later.. no wonder it tastes different.... :joy: :unamused:

feel so stupid hahaha

1 hour ago, triplem said:

hmmm , well MYR could have told ED that CWB is NWS. And she confronts him with that knowledge. 

Hmm.. maybe not!.. could be she is upset and angry that WB has taken so long to “seduce” Sunni and she is getting very very inpatient:D. This is especially when he is suspecting his beloved son has fallen for his empress instead of divorcing her.

intersting stills today.. one that has romantic vibes and another is confrontational. 

I see see a cut on WB face in the short preview where he sat beside the bed of Sunni but  I do not see a cut in the stills with ED and also the stills where Sunni was treating his hand and also the end of the long preview.

wonder where he got the cut on the face and also the hands. It looks like 2 separate occasions.

well I guess we need to watch what happens tonite

3 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

i dont remember anything about persimmons in this drama...funny story about persimmons.. i first had it when i was in korea.. i thought it was a tomato.. i went to a market place with my mom and accidently bought ‘weird tomatoes’..  it was so sweet and yummy so we kept bragging about ‘korean tomato’ to everyone back home.. found out it was actually persimmon a few months later.. no wonder it tastes different.... :joy: :unamused:

feel so stupid hahaha

Poisoned persimons? Are you guys talking about rooftop prince? Hahaha

28 minutes ago, Matilda_Anne said:

feel so stupid hahaha

Yeah, we were talking about another drama which has drowning as well... mian... :P 

Persimmons is my dad's favorite fruit :) 

Archived