[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

@bebebisous33 Always amazed reading your thoughts and reviews on each and every scenes in Encounter.

Couldn't agree more of what you said here:

That’s why in the future by watching a k-drama, pay attention to the walk if one of the main characters is described as passive and quite restraining himself/herself. The walk could be a clue for a possible change, especially if it happens with the person he or she loves.

Remember what SHK said in BTS Ep 16:

DwthOVQ.jpg

Your analyses on walk is absolutely on point. We have 2 minutes opening scenes of Soo Hyun's back, as she walking. 2 minutes without showing her face is rather long. And as you said, there's no way the PD and writer would choose such scene without put any meaning on it.

3tXyGw8.jpg

Spoiler

NT8dfW9.jpg

Again, your analyses is so mind blowing:

Striking is that the walk is also associated to love.To conclude, walking in love is the best which means life without love is no real life.

because in the last scene, it ends with Soo Hyun's back as well, but she walked together with love of her life. And they looked back as if they're saying:  we will hold each other forever. We will walking in love forever.

dJrXCQQ.jpg

@bebebisous33 yes, absolutely

Spoiler

I haven't started to watch romance is bonus book, because i just started to watch the crowned clown. I'm kind of one drama at a time person :lol: . But i interested to read your analyses on this rom-com, so please feel free to tag me..

• Like 10
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 7

@rosiepeonie188 First thanks a lot for the compliment. But your analysis was as great as mine.:wub: You added scenes and interpreted these as well. I would like to add one aspect: notice the contrast between the start and the ending. The director chose black and white in the beginning underlining the lifeless and lonely life of our heroine. She had a sad and colorless life. She saw the painting representing her life but she didn't buy it right away. She only put it in her living room much later, after KJH has become much closer to her. When he enters her house for the first time, the painting is already there. So this painting reflect her situation: KJH will live in her castle.   Encounter drawing intro.png We see this in the introduction.

• Like 7
  • Love 8
  • Insightful 2

@rosiepeonie188 By the way, your observation (connecting the start and the end of the drama) inspired me. I have been thinking about writing a detailed comparison between these. Is that okay with you? Can I even use your pictures too? Naturally, I will mention your name.

Furthermore, I would like to add that I am watching the other noona romance "Romance is a supplement" which has a lot in common with Encounter, although the approach is totally different:

- the presence of books

- Fairy tale: Cinderella

- the characters

- the loss of identity f. ex.

I am planning to analyze and compare both dramas. Interested... it would be great if you joined the other thread. 

@dukesa1122@luv_jinsoo @stardustvoid@jl08@celebrianna@xu_lyfe@dreaminsince1998@thistle@Yongzura@roshzanna@lolipop86gorgeous@nikir@shyguitar @thadora @NongpeeP @rosiepeonie188 @twtwb @Tasia  @avondale16 @beejoy11

• Like 7
  • Love 7
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Interested... it would be great if you joined the other thread. 

Yes, i am interested too. Will search the other thread or can you tag me there too, when you plan to analyze, there. Please and thank you.   :love:

• Like 4

@rosiepeonie188  can you give us ( roshzanna and some of us ) the address of Encounter filming site that you visited your recent trip to korea since i am planning to visit in April.  Have you visited to Jeju Island too ?  eventhough we saw a lot of kfan post pictures, i got no clue as we do not understand korean. If possible, how to go there as well. Thanks.

On 1/27/2019 at 3:00 PM, bebebisous33 said:

Your remark made me laugh!! Yes, I have still more to say! Don't forget this:

- analysis from the drawings (episode 14 and 16)

- the final comment "the significance of hands and feet"

- courage

- the final scene from the episode 14

- the painting from SA: the bride

- CSH, KJH and the little prince part two

That's why I'll write one analysis per day. But maybe you have an idea and I could work on it.   

@bebebisous33 will you still post your remaining analysis ( alice in wonderland) in this thread right since i will take a few months to move on from this drama. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 7
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, dahae2006 said:

@rosiepeonie188  can you give us ( roshzanna and some of us ) the address of Encounter filming site that you visited your recent trip to korea since i am planning to visit in April.  Have you visited to Jeju Island too ?  eventhough we saw a lot of kfan post pictures, i got no clue as we do not understand korean. If possible, how to go there as well. Thanks.

Your remark made me laugh!! Yes, I have still more to say! Don't forget this:

- analysis from the drawings (episode 14 and 16)

- the final comment "the significance of hands and feet"

- courage

- the final scene from the episode 14

- the painting from SA: the bride

- CSH, KJH and the little prince part two

That's why I'll write one analysis per day. But maybe you have an idea and I could work on it.   

@bebebisous33 will you still post your remaining analysis ( alice in wonderland) in this thread right since i will take a few months to move on from this drama. :sweatingbullets:

@avondale16 It will take some time before posting about Alice in Wonderland. Honestly, I haven't read it in a long time... For the little prince, it was different as I used to analyze that book with my students. Therefore if it has to be so detailed like with the other work, I need to read the book first! LOL Moreover, it is definitely linked to dream as well. I already have some ideas but it is too soon. However, I haven't changed my mind. Just be patient.

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

On 1/6/2019 at 8:26 PM, rosiepeonie188 said:

And of course, this wonderful forum from which i gain so much knowledge, insight, and the most important thing, bring me so many happiness by reading all reviews and the GIFs of course!!

I could not agree more with your statement. Thank you.

Reading this thread do brings happiness, more good memories and gain wisdom.

• Like 7
  • Love 6

3 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Furthermore, I would like to add that I am watching the other noona romance "Romance is a supplement" which has a lot in common with Encounter, although the approach is totally different:

- the presence of books

- Fairy tale: Cinderella

- the characters

- the loss of identity f. ex.

I am planning to analyze and compare both dramas. Interested... it would be great if you joined the other thread. 

@bebebisous33

Spoiler

thanks so much for always tagging me on your brilliant post :wub: I will watch that drama this weekend so please feel free to tag me too, I love read your analysis but I'm sorry that I can't give the replies bcz I'm still hv a lot to do in my end semester, n your analysis was one of 'my ray of sunshine' in my crowded time, but what the most important this is that I hv no good writing skills to posting in this thread. :sweatingbullets: I owe you so much @bebebisous33 .:D

• Like 8

@luv_jinsoo Thanks a lot for compliment and the wonderful gift, these pictures of KJH and CSH together in Cuba! crazy monkey I might be good at analyzing but my skills, when it comes to gif or create such pictures, are terrible. give up pink mouse

@beejoy111 You're welcome. I really appreciate the compliment too. 

In the end, watching a drama doesn't mean that we don't read or don't need to use our brain any longer. Actually, since we watched Encounter with subtitles, we read all the time. We had to read and to look at scenes at the same time which is quite similar as reading a graphic novel. You might not know but in France, graphic novels are considered as the 9th art. They are treasured books and the covers are different from mangas. As you might have guessed, I own myself a lot of graphic novels, especially historical graphic novels.

• Like 5
  • Love 7

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

You might not know but in France

I always learn something new from you @bebebisous33

Thank you and I really appreciate the new knowledge that i got from u n chingus here in this thread.

I think the right title or topic should be:

CSH  jealous over KJH mysterious caller.

Its the character, not the actual person, my 2 cents.

To all,

Please keep them coming.

• Like 8
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

@bebebisous33  I am yet to read your recent analysis as I am caught up in my travel!! Going by the praise and appreciation, am soo much looking forward to it!! Am sure its going to be an awesome analysis!! Please do tag me in the romcom drama as well..I will start watching the drama only from March, but when I watch, I would definitely want to read your analysis!! 

Am soo happy that this thread is still hot and moving fast, sadly not able to put much time into reading this last 1 week..have to catch up lots on all the comments !! Appreciate everyone for still being active..esp the gifs..gives me my Encounter dosage for the day

• Like 6
  • Love 4

As i rewatched ep 3,  i can add up another presence of number 11.

the office  of SH is on the 11th floor

their some relationship ...december 11

JH's return to the head office...february 11

Maybe the writer used the number 11 with purpose or its just a favorite number or just coincidence.

I searched the internet and the  meaning of 11 fairly describes SH and JH.

Or 11 represents JH and SH standing, facing each other as can be seen in many of their scenes.

• Like 7
  • Insightful 5