[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

Ignoring any negativity!

couldn't agree more with you @roshzanna

I was about to reply negative comment in this thread, but i agree, it's useless. 

I choose to share my love to this drama, making any negativity drowned by our love of this drama and our OTP.

Please keep sharing GIFs and throwback pictures of our lovely OTP.

Aiu00JA.jpg

A Match Made in Heaven :heart:

• Like 8
  • Love 8
  • Thanks 1

Different folks, different strokes. Each has his or her own preference but to come here and diss because it's not your type of drama sounds childish and insecure and from someone who has a hidden agenda. So better ignore these kinds of people who are seeking attention. :P

Hye Kyo will be on the cover of Elle this March. I hope she will talk more about Encounter and it will serve as her Post Drama Interview. :wub:

video2gif-20190211-192813.gif

• Like 11
  • Love 6
  • Thanks 1

Just dropping by from a very hectic work schedule. I only just drop here, read your posts and couldnt get the proper time and sitting to actually interact.

@bebebisous33 i am excited to read your post about Alice in wonderland and the other analysis you made about another drama. I will make sure to read that this weekend when I can finally rest and enjoy my rest day. I have said this before but I am very thankful of your analyses and mind blowing facts that most of us missed!

••••••••••••••••••••••••

I miss our JinSoo so much. My mind still strays to their sweet scenes. The video call is one of the cutest scenes ever in kdrama land! I wont get tired watching it over and over again!

Heard SHK will be doing a cover for Elle next month! I couldnt wait! I perfect gift for my birth month, eonnie! Thank you!

• Like 14
  • Love 1

On 2/12/2019 at 4:05 PM, rosiepeonie188 said:

couldn't agree more with you @roshzanna

I was about to reply negative comment in this thread, but i agree, it's useless

Yup. Agree. Just share the love. Or spread the love to our beloved encounter, CSH and KJH.

Our job, soompiers here is to spread the love and be happy and in peace (among many ways to do it are to be with nature or just by looking at nature).

Spoiler

Spoiler
Spoiler

Thank you for those whom support positivity on this thread, from the bottom of my heart.

On 2/12/2019 at 6:31 PM, dukesa1122 said:

Heard SHK will be doing a cover for Elle next month! I couldnt wait! I perfect gift for my birth month, eonnie!

Happy future birthday, somewhere in march?  To  my dear chingu @dukesa1122

Spoiler

On 2/12/2019 at 5:38 PM, Cheryl295 said:

Hye Kyo will be on the cover of Elle this March. 

Thank you and love you Hye Kyo.

Be happy like KJH and be a very deterministic person to success in your goal. All the best to all chingus.

Spoiler

• Like 9
  • Love 6

Hello everyone. I loved Encounter.   

My dears,   I understand the choice of those who prefer not to answer fighting fire with fire, but let me say something about the character of Jin Hyuk. They describe him as a 28-year-old young man graduated who has finished  military service and has been looking for a job for a year. It is certainly young because his curiosity and desire to accumulate experience, are typical of that age. He has long hair, as an expression of his freedom and his artistic soul. He has a handsome, male face, his features seem to be sculpted, the long hair soften it, without changing the substance. His manner are gentle, but firm, he is a gentleman, as any true man should be. And when he fall in love, becomes passionate, does not hesitate to express his feelings, his desires, makes her heart beat, makes her feel the desire of a man next to her who caresses her with sweet words and makes her feel like a woman desired and loved. Jin Hyuk has grown up in recent episodes, he's the man she needs, and not just her.

• Like 17
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 4

Do they have a target release date for the DVD? I feel like I already need to know what’s gonna be included in it, because that’s the last material we’ll have ever of this drama.

It’s the last piece I need before completely moving on! :lol:

Like will there be a commentary from the leads? (TBH honest I don’t think so, for obvious reasons)

Will there be deleted scenes?? Extended scenes?? Re-edited scenes? Interview with the PD? More BTS??

Re-edited scenes like these two

Spoiler

Episode 11

UucJlIu.jpg

Episode 16

Yrk7IZo.jpg

Ah! The wait is making me antsy.

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

Where Love Begins

wcx82f.jpg

I was reminded of this playground when I was looking at the garden in Cuba.

As the playground is so meaningful to you, I kept wondering how you would feel if it was gone.

Would you be sad? Would you be disappointed?

The garden owner in Cuba told me that he started his love with his wife in that garden and they completed their love there.

This playground is also the place that has allowed me to start my love.

That's why

While it is disappointing that the playground will be gone, I can let go of it happily.

The playground might be gone, but love remains.

• Like 9
  • Love 14

Hi All!  I have not had a chance to be in Soompi for awhile as my wife had to undergo triple bypass and heart valve replacement surgery, and I have been busy taking care of her.  However she is on the road to recovery.  

The ending for Encounter was very satisfying for our main OTP.  I loved how the Mom complained about how she wished our couple would eat out more so she wouldn’t have to cook.  My only unfulfilled wish is that Secretary Jang’s and Manager Nam’s Relationships did not progress a little further along.  Otherwise writer-nim and director-nim, I am very happy.  Overall this ranked as one of my favorites for both the story, acting, and cinematography.  Hats off to the team for great work.  Take care all and catch you in the next KDrama.

• Like 7
  • Love 8

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY JINSOO!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S  DAY EVERYONE!

I wonder where JH and SH will spend the day:D

Oh @larrysouth

Praying for the speedy recovery of your wife

There's nothing i can do but rewatch and rewatch hoping in some way i may get tired of seeing JH  and SH. But only the opposite is happening. The more i miss them.

There are 2 things i've noticed while rewatching for the nth time.

1. The first time JinSoo went to Ms. Lee, JH introduced SH as a friend i've met in Cuba. Not that i think he felt awkward introducing her as CEO, maybe its just she's a friend more than his boss. And Cuba, the most important place in his life.

2. The page of the book JH was reading at the seawall( if its the job of the sea to make waves........), there was 2005 (it stands out since everything is in hangul). At the front of moonsnail's "since 2005" was also written. Coincidence or what?

Eventhough it slowed down here, will continue to camp here.

• Like 8
  • Love 4
  • Thanks 2

Song Hye-kyo is Song Hye-kyo....Entering the article 2019.01.03 2:50 pm  

0002377433_001_20190103145140281.jpg?type=w430_q70View originThere are a variety of modifiers to call entertainers. Someone is called a 'star'. Someone else is called 'actor'. What is the difference between the two? If 'star' is an image that is built on popularity, 'actor' can be obtained by having skeleton of acting ability. Sometimes these two things seem difficult to combine. In that respect, Song Hye - kyo is very great. This is because she is an actor who leads the Korean Wave market and is an armed actor with a strong acting power. There is no exception in the current TVN drama 'Boyfriend' (play Yoo Young-a, director Park Shin-woo, production factory) 
Song Hye-gyo suffered the pain of a divorce in the play, but took on the role of Chae Soo-hyun, who stood out as a distinctive figure. He seems to have a lot of things but he does not have much, and he seems to be free from divorce, but she still can not be free from his gaze and jealousy around him. She meets a man named Jin-Hyuk Kim (Park Bo-gam) and opens his eyes to a new world. Although he is careful, the appearance of Cha Soo-hyun entering into the realm of Kim Jin-hyeok is naturally natural and refreshing as the sponge does. 
To Song Hye-kyo, 'Boyfriend' was a double-edged sword. It is a blessing to meet with the most trendy actor of the day called "Park Boogum". But it is not easy. If you squeeze, you have to carry a great deal of criticism. Comparisons coming from physical age differences should also be taken. But Song Hye - kyo is able to digest all of this. The appearance that does not feel age difference as the 'star' is outstanding, and the character digestive power which directs this drama as the 'actor' is the best.
As a matter of fact, Song Hye-kyo has always been breathing with the best actors of his time. Conversely, it can be said that Song Hye Kyo was allowed to sit next to a male actor who was in the best position of his day. This is not a result that anyone can make deliberately. Song Hye-kyo is a position of his own. In ten years, the strong mountain has changed. The fact that Song Hye Kyo has maintained its place for more than 20 years, when Changsan has changed twice, is a proof that he has the conditions of star and actor. 
The Korean entertainment industry is somewhat harsh for the actress. There are not a lot of works that they can appear in comparison to male actors. The work that focuses on women is extremely rare, and it seems to be an ancillary figure even in the works that appear. Moreover, the role that can be taken after marriage is limited. Especially the male and female actresses who are interested in chemistry are becoming more and more involved. 
However, Song Hye Kyo has walked all the way through all the gates as he has done so far. And Song Hye - kyo 's choice speaks out that the decisions of those who selected Song Hye - kyo were not wrong. It is a cliche, but Song Hye-kyo is still pretty. The actor looks smarter when he plays well. That's why Song Hye-kyo is in the 'boyfriend'. 
Anyone who says Song Hye Kyo is Song Hye Kyo. 
Anjinyong reporters realyong@munhwa.com 
cultural com shortcut | News Channel edited by the Culture Daily | Mobile Web ]
[Copyrightⓒmunhwa.com 'The only evening that opens the afternoon of Korea' Cultural Daily News' reprint and redistribution prohibition ( subscription: 02) 3701-5555 )].....source credit @https://m.entertain.naver.com/read?oid=021&aid=0002377433
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 2

@larrysouth pray for speedy recovery of your wife.. thank you for stopping by in the middle of taking care of everything. Happy that you satisfied with the ending..

@stardustvoid there's no reply from the boyfrienddvd, i had email them regarding the release, dvd content and sub, but so far i got nothing.. 

What about you @dukesa1122 Have you heard any news from them?

Anyway, thank you @gumtaek for updating the high rated kdrama in cable tv. Even comparing with other romantic dramas airing right now, Encounter stay strong as high-rated drama. 

• Like 7
  • Love 3

Happy Valentine's Day everyone... 

To sync with this lovey-dovey atmosphere, I go back to the best part of this thread at page 199-205, when the Cuba Kisses happened.

For those who were streaming that night, the fave words are: OMG and WOW.. (we were so shock and busy watching and posting 'OMG', none of us upload screenshot of the kiss, not until the ending :lol:)

And yes, we were all @NongpeeP :D:D

ZhUf3fX.jpg

FsN4WOs.jpg

screamed and distracted :lol:

Spoiler

T9WL1B4.jpg

Everyone was barely alive that night :lol:

• LOL 12
  • Love 1