[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

That’s the exact reason why CSH can not fall in love with him. JH is natural and simple, whereas JWS is sophisticated and artificial.

I love this. Natural from root word nature brings calm and happiness.

Artificial -  artificial intelligence is a difficult subject in computer science.

JWS is a difficult person, he is difficult to understand why CSH not fall for him?

@bebebisous33 thank you. Its very detail and inspirational.

For those in japan, whom will be watching in normal or cable tv, come and read @bebebisous33 journey of analysis as it will definitely deepened your encounter watching experience or level up in a surprising, wonderful "encounter" understanding.

• Like 6

@lolipop86gorgeous one would hope but I don’t want to get my hopes up as I feel like the final cut we got during the airing will be the same for the international broadcast

Now I’m curious tho, has this ever happened to other dramas? Do they have additional scenes in international broadcast? This may be not the avenue to discuss this but please PM me if you know the answer :lol:

• Like 9

The preview of Balcony kiss in Episode 10 is different and their body language hotter than the scene showed in Episode 11. I hope we can see deleted/ extended scenes in Director's Cut DVD. 

10 minutes ago, stardustvoid said:

Now I’m curious tho, has this ever happened to other dramas? Do they have additional scenes in international broadcast? This may be not the avenue to discuss this but please PM me if you know the answer :lol:

I know a drama where a different version of KS was played during rebroadcast. While in some countries, BTS not released during Korean airing were released by the foreign network. 

• Like 11

Interview with writer Yoo Young-ah in the last year, before Encounter drama aired.

(Please let me know chingu if this has been shared before)

She talked about bible, life, as a writer, previous works, Encounter's main characters, etc.
It took about 12 years to make her debut as a writer.

------------

A drama that I wrote about who a wonderful man is.

Female character of Song Hye-kyo in the drama <Boyfriend> was the character I've been wanting to write for a long time. But the male character can't be completed. Then one day, our church preacher's appearance came to my eyes. Actually, there is not a lot of ministry expenses in the church. I'm busy and can't do any part-time jobs. It's too hard to work while studying. I also like to buy a one-plus-one suit. If you look at it and have nothing but ordinary person, I think the person with a straight value in his heart is probably the most wonderful man in the world.

Jin-hyuk character which is so plain and doesn't have anything was born with a healthy and upright values. Jin-hyuk is a healthy young man who grew up with books, literature, and family love. I'm glad Park Bo-gum liked this character too. I hope this drama is a work that doesn't become hurt the actors. The viewers are so excited, I hope it'll be a drama that won't let you down. I get nervous about this but I'm just praying.

------------

She also mentioned Park Kyung-ri (a writer who is very respected). There are many characters in Land (novel by Park Kyung-ri and have been made into drama with the same title). Unlike the movie scenario, the characters in the first part of the drama must remain consistent until the 16th part. It's difficult. However when I see Park Kyung-ri's 'Land,' I am amazed how she can continue to carry those characters to the end consistently.

"Let's live a better life. Let's look at each other more closely." I would like to write a work with this meaning.

In the end, she said,
I hope the drama that I'm preparing now (Encounter) will go well and even if it works, I hope I'll be good. Pride is more dangerous just because it slip in.

Source webzine

• Like 11
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 6

Thanks @bebebisous33

I love all the encounters between JH and SH. Not only because each and every encounter SH was caught unguarded but of what happened after. JH knew how to push himself. And SH can never say no. As what SH said.... let us say im under a spell. Indeed, she was under JH's spell afterwards. He had convinced her to walk barefoot, eat after visiting the painting under the bridge, kissed at new year's event and so on.

There is one encounter that i also love, JH's encounter with Samuel. If Samuel was not at the garden during JH first visit there, they had never known each other. The 2nd trip to cuba and what happened there and what happened next would not be possible.  Then we won't be able to see a more confident, more determined and naughty JH.  Now i wonder, what if JH had not met and known Samuel, then the cuba problem happened, would SH asked JH to accompany  her  in going to Cuba?

P.S. @bohmi  wow, that's a great find.

• Like 12
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, rosiepeonie188 said:

Their 10 centimeters started way before they agreed that it's the best distance for them.

Haha! I did not realize that! :lol:

@bohmi

nice to see you posting again, chingu! Missed you here! And thanks for the share!  Nice to hear what the writer think about the drama she made :wub:

• Like 10
  • Love 4

5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

introduce to you a poem named “sensation” written by the French poet Arthur Rimbaud (1854-1891) in 1870. 

Thank you for the poem.

I am going for a walk, by a lake and in a forest.:wub:

5 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

That’s why in the future by watching a k-drama, pay attention to the walk if one of the main characters is described as passive and quite restraining himself/herself.

I will follow your advice. Thank you, sifu master.

• Like 4
  • Love 5

9 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

That’s why in the future by watching a k-drama, pay attention to the walk if one of the main characters is described as passive and quite restraining himself/herself. The walk could be a clue for a possible change, especially if it happens with the person he or she loves.

I finally had the time to properly read your post and think about what to respond. I loved Goblin too. And honestly, I am not too particular in the way actor/actresses walk since most directors are not THAT detailed. For me, walking alone is being alone. I never considered flowers or plants to be somewhat of a company when one walks alone. I remember on episode 15 when CSH was walking alone on the bridge, crying. And then KJH walking towards his home. There was no life only cold metal and the cold night. Ahhhhh~~~ I’m still so amazed about all your posts! I am looking forward to the Alice something analysis. Thank you for posting. I hope you still post all that was left even if the thread is not as trafficy as before, chingu!

@dahae2006

Aigoooo~ I want to fly to korea so much ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

• Like 11
  • Love 4

On 1/27/2019 at 3:00 PM, bebebisous33 said:

Your remark made me laugh!! Yes, I have still more to say! Don't forget this:

- analysis from the drawings (episode 14 and 16)

- the final comment "the significance of hands and feet"

- courage

- the final scene from the episode 14

- the painting from SA: the bride

- CSH, KJH and the little prince part two

That's why I'll write one analysis per day. But maybe you have an idea and I could work on it.   

I am still waiting patiently for all analysis.

Will be thinking of any more ideas.

Just keep waiting. Just keep waiting.

On 2/1/2019 at 1:39 PM, bebebisous33 said:

@avondale16 No, I haven't written anything about dream and courage yet. So you didn't miss anything... For my long analysis, I am always tagging you. 

@roshzanna Thanks for the compliment. However, if the thread wasn't so emulating and interesting, I wouldn't write so much. All of you here are inciting me to analyse and write. 

I guess, today it will be about the feet this time. However, I need to go to work first.  

Waiting about dream and courage.

CSH did not dream at night, right? But she feels like dating with KJH is like dreaming and she is scared to one day, wake up from the dream and will feel alone (lonely), again.

On 1/26/2019 at 8:57 PM, xu_lyfe said:

The story is well written, and no single moment is dull or extra. 

To me, the best part is the moment CSH and JH walking in the neighborhoods, and I have to say my effort of learning korean to enjoy korean drama fully has not come to waste.:joy::D When CSH asking “what is beautiful” , “this neighborhood”, the camera focuses on JH’s movement , he whispered into her ears: “Neo”( 너) (you), there is no Soo Huyn Sii, but just Neo. 

And then when SH asked if JH if he visits her dad, she addresses him as jagi, (자기) instead of JH sii. 

Yes no English translation for this moment but it’s so beautiful,so intimate and it makes my heart flutter, 

Hahaha,chingus, even no bed scenes, but through the way they address each other,  definitely their relationship has developed into a very intimate level

And this makes me wanna learn korean language.

So far, just started, am learning numbers from 1 to 10.

• Like 8
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, dukesa1122 said:

I finally had the time to properly read your post and think about what to respond. I loved Goblin too. And honestly, I am not too particular in the way actor/actresses walk since most directors are not THAT detailed. For me, walking alone is being alone. I never considered flowers or plants to be somewhat of a company when one walks alone. I remember on episode 15 when CSH was walking alone on the bridge, crying. And then KJH walking towards his home. There was no life only cold metal and the cold night. Ahhhhh~~~ I’m still so amazed about all your posts! I am looking forward to the Alice something analysis. Thank you for posting. I hope you still post all that was left even if the thread is not as trafficy as before, chingu!

@dahae2006

Aigoooo~ I want to fly to korea so much ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

cute rabbitThanks for the reminder about this scene from the episode 15. cute-rabbit-emoticon-21.gif?1301940532You are definitely right with your observation that the bridge made of metal is reflecting the coldness. admire onion headimage-45.png?w=660

Actually, in this scene, this is not a stroll at all. First, she used her car. image-46.png?w=660

Secondly, she is just standing, as if she was frozen. Besides, when I used the word "walk", I had "stroll" in my mind. image-44.png?w=660

Kim Jin Huyk is moving in an aimless way, he looks lost. He doesn't really pay attention to his surrounding. So their "walk" reflect the way they are feeling: he feels lost and lifeless and she is like petrified, she can't move due to the coldness of the night and the bridge. She is no longer a Sleeping beauty but a statue made of ice. Besides, this impression is reinforced as there is no plant, no people on that bridge, only cars passing by. Notice that the moon is not shown at all, although it is night. CSH, as the moon, can not shine as she is without her sun.  

As for the bridge, it symbolizes that CSH is about to leave KJH's life and world. However, we never see her crossing the bridge entirely. Since a bridge connects two sides together, it embodies the link between two worlds. In the goblin, it connected humans and gods, life and death, past and present. Don't forget that on that bridge, our reaper met his past love and Eun Tak's mother met the goddess. Here, CSH just puts some distance between herself and KJH. She can not bear to watch KJH in pain. The bridge is an illustration for distance and leaving KJH's side/world but like I mentioned it before, we don't see her reaching the other side as she stops and looks at the lights and buildings lost in her thoughts, too hurt by the pain. 

Thanks to your observationgood job onion head, I was able to add other elements. Great job... 

• Like 10
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 5
  • Thanks 1

Now, here are the few changes. 

What also caught my attention are the colors and the structure of this painting. Since we know that Cha Soo Hyun’s element is water as our heroine is often connected to the sea, we could interpret this painting as an image of the sea with a lot of foam, bulbs of air. So this painting embodies perfectly CSH and KJH’s relationship: the meeting of water and air. 

And their final photo is this

image-47.png?w=660
episode 16

All along the viewers keep seeing such pictures, while our protagonists have no idea of their existence. These are invisible photos. But who is the photographer? Sure, in reality the director chose to create such takings but in the story itself, I would say, nature and time are the ones behind these pictures as nature and time are the natural forces that bring KJH and CSH together.

By the way, I would like to add that I love paintings and I often analyze these, like for example in my History class. When I was a teenager, I discovered painting through a book name The Work, written by Emile Zola, and it was about a fictive impressionist painter. We had to read it in class. Zola was a close friend to Cézanne the famous French painter. That's how I discovered impressionism and little by little I got more interested in painting as I was able to understand the meaning behind these.  

• Like 5
  • Love 4
  • Insightful 4
  • Thanks 1