[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

18 minutes ago, roshzanna said:

As i rewatched ep 3,  i can add up another presence of number 11.

the office  of SH is on the 11th floor

their some relationship ...december 11

JH's return to the head office...february 11

Maybe the writer used the number 11 with purpose or its just a favorite number or just coincidence.

I searched the internet and the  meaning of 11 fairly describes SH and JH.

Or 11 represents JH and SH standing, facing each other as can be seen in many of their scenes.

crazy monkeyGreat observation... good job onion head moreover, 1 +1 = 2 so basically, the number not only resembles to a couple but the number added together refers to a pair. Finally, in the form itself, we could see a bridge, a connection between above and below, a bridge connecting two worlds. 

Then I found this in the Internet: "11 is the symbol of idealism, intuition, energy, inspiration, will, courage, but also of tension, contradictions." CSH was an inspiration for KJH (remember his interview and his conversation with CSH in the episode 6 while they were walking). You could sense his admiration for her. CSH was courageous in many occasions, just like KJH. So the number reflect their own personality as well. In the end, I would say that the number implies that they complete each other, that's why we have 1(+)1 = 2. They are changed thanks to the other.

• Like 10
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 1

7 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

.....Furthermore, I would like to add that I am watching the other noona romance "Romance is a supplement" which has a lot in common with Encounter, although the approach is totally different:

- the presence of books

- Fairy tale: Cinderella

- the characters

- the loss of identity f. ex.

I am planning to analyze and compare both dramas. Interested... it would be great if you joined the other thread. .....

I was wondering about Romance/Supplement.  If you're analyzing on that one, I'll start watching.  See what a great influence you are?! 

Thanks for all of your great work on Encounter.  It has been such fun to read.

• Like 6

November is the 11th month. JH and SH meet again on this month.

I've read this in the internet:

November is the month of twin flames. Twin flames are  a higher frequency than just soulmates because they are ultimate example of yin and yang. They are each two  whole individual  souls on each own but understand, complement and connect in a very unique way. 

Eleven is like 2 pillars, 2 individuals standing side by side  in the ultimate partnership and its this month that many twin flames find their story beginning or experiencing milestones.

Oh, sounds like JH and SH indeed.

• Like 8
  • Insightful 4

1 hour ago, roshzanna said:

As i rewatched ep 3,  i can add up another presence of number 11.

the office  of SH is on the 11th floor

their some relationship ...december 11

JH's return to the head office...february 11

Maybe the writer used the number 11 with purpose or its just a favorite number or just coincidence.

I searched the internet and the  meaning of 11 fairly describes SH and JH.

Or 11 represents JH and SH standing, facing each other as can be seen in many of their scenes.

This is the new research findings on encounter.

The latest.

My bet is, there is more.   :love:

Thank you, @roshzanna

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I've got a new one 11 @roshzanna. They kissed for the first time on 1.1. (January the first)!! :grin:

Cool.

More. Makes me happy in wondering coz the more keeps coming. 

There is a song i like,

I love to go a wondering,

Along the mountain tracks,

..... valderi...valdera...valdera ha ha ha ha...

Spoiler
The Happy Wanderer
I love to go a-wandering
Along the mountain track 
And as I go, I love to sing
My knapsack on my back
Val-deri, val-dera
Val-deri, val-dera
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha
Ha
Val-dera
My knapsack on my back
I love to wander by the stream 
That dances in the sun
So joyously it calls to me
Come join my happy song
Val-eri, val-dera
Val-deri, val-dera
Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha
Ha
Val-era
Come join my happy song
I wave my hat to all I meet
And They wave back to me
And blackbirds call so loud and sweet
From ev'ry green wood tree
Val-eri, val-dera
Val-deri, val-dera

Spoiler

Thank you @bebebisous33

• Like 3
  • Love 2

tumblr_pm2dotB1xO1tqjsoao2_250.giftumblr_pm2dotB1xO1tqjsoao1_250.gif

tumblr_pm2dotB1xO1tqjsoao4_250.giftumblr_pm2dotB1xO1tqjsoao6_250.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_pm2dotB1xO1tqjsoao3_250.giftumblr_pm2dotB1xO1tqjsoao8_250.gif

tumblr_pm2dotB1xO1tqjsoao5_r3_250.giftumblr_pm2dotB1xO1tqjsoao7_r1_250.gif

(2018/2019) ♡

“Soo Hyun, those shoes brought you to me. I believe they will bring you back to me. Nowadays, you are walking down a difficult path. I hope you look at these shoes and remember the times we walk happy. Soo Hyun, you are my only love, do not forget this. I’ll keep holding on to every promise I made. You may have break up with me, but I’ll still love you.”.

• Like 13
  • Love 9

On 1/30/2019 at 11:43 PM, jl08 said:

How's everyone coping with a "BOYFRIENDLESS" week?     :D

I'm certainly missing the drama and missing the love story of KJH and CSH. I wish "Boyfriend" has more episodes cos it's beautiful and 16 is too short.

Hope everyone is revisiting this wonderful drama and its sweet moments and holding on to the beautiful memories of KJH and CSH.

I'm grateful to be able to see PBG and  SHK collaborating in this drama which turns out to be so well-loved and cherished because their love story is so touching and so beautiful and will surely linger on for months to come. Even when both start on their new projects. this drama will remain special in my heart because they did such a great job 

Sorry to cut your original post. To be honest, I tried to move on and watch a new drama. I found myself liking a new drama's first two episodes but couldn't bring myself to continue watching just yet. My heart is still with JinSoo and to cope I'm just watching a variety with lots of coffee and toast to distract myself from missing Encounter too much. After the drama ended I had so much in my heart to say about this very beautiful love story. But I let the moment passed by and couldn't write any of the emotions that overwhelmed me. I am thoroughly grateful to everyone in this thread especially to @bebebisous33

for all the amazing deep analysis of Encounter even linking it with classic literature. Thank you so much. :wub:

• Like 14
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

On 2/5/2019 at 11:20 PM, bohmi said:

Interview with writer Yoo Young-ah in the last year, before Encounter drama aired.

(Please let me know chingu if this has been shared before)

She talked about bible, life, as a writer, previous works, Encounter's main characters, etc.
It took about 12 years to make her debut as a writer.

------------

A drama that I wrote about who a wonderful man is.

Female character of Song Hye-kyo in the drama <Boyfriend> was the character I've been wanting to write for a long time. But the male character can't be completed. Then one day, our church preacher's appearance came to my eyes. Actually, there is not a lot of ministry expenses in the church. I'm busy and can't do any part-time jobs. It's too hard to work while studying. I also like to buy a one-plus-one suit. If you look at it and have nothing but ordinary person, I think the person with a straight value in his heart is probably the most wonderful man in the world.

Jin-hyuk character which is so plain and doesn't have anything was born with a healthy and upright values. Jin-hyuk is a healthy young man who grew up with books, literature, and family love. I'm glad Park Bo-gum liked this character too. I hope this drama is a work that doesn't become hurt the actors. The viewers are so excited, I hope it'll be a drama that won't let you down. I get nervous about this but I'm just praying.

------------

She also mentioned Park Kyung-ri (a writer who is very respected). There are many characters in Land (novel by Park Kyung-ri and have been made into drama with the same title). Unlike the movie scenario, the characters in the first part of the drama must remain consistent until the 16th part. It's difficult. However when I see Park Kyung-ri's 'Land,' I am amazed how she can continue to carry those characters to the end consistently.

"Let's live a better life. Let's look at each other more closely." I would like to write a work with this meaning.

In the end, she said,
I hope the drama that I'm preparing now (Encounter) will go well and even if it works, I hope I'll be good. Pride is more dangerous just because it slip in.

Source webzine

@bohmi

Thank you so much for the info.

Cha Soo Hyun could be inspired from a celebrity or a hallyu star.

Kim Jin Hyuk’s character is inspired by church preacher, a good person no matter what he experiences thick or thin situations.

Park Bo Gum also shared his thoughts on “Encounter,” sharing his affection for his character and revealing that he enjoyed each episode’s ending for its fun and refreshing content. On his similarities with his character Kim Jin Hyuk, the actor said, “I think our positive attitudes are similar. The project made me realize that you have to know how to love yourself to be able to love others.” Park Bo Gum also explained that he’s different with the character in the sense that while Kim Jin Hyuk expresses his love without holding back, he’s more careful because he’s thinking about the other person’s feelings.

The actor also expressed his desire to become a flexible actor like Song Hye Kyo, who can respond well to different scene requests on the spot.

Furthermore, he talked about his long hairstyle that became a hot topic when the drama first aired. He said, “I didn’t grow my hair with the project in mind. I just wanted to grow it out,” sharing that he had always wanted to take on a project with long hair. He added, “After having long hair, I think the people who have long hair are amazing. It’s hard to take care of.”

Following the conclusion of “Encounter,” Park Bo Gum expressed his desire to continue to build his experience as an actor and to meet more people through his acting.

PBG’s Fans went to the Encounter’s locations.

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, htk9207 said:

My heart is still with JinSoo and to cope I'm just watching a variety with lots of coffee and toast to distract myself from missing Encounter too much. After the drama ended I had so much in my heart to say about this very beautiful love story.

I get you, chingu. Seriously.

I find it difficult to let go of "Boyfriend" in particular, more difficult than the handful of K dramas that I have watched and that is not much, cos I'm very selective. Perhaps it's the magical settings and stunning cinematography and our gorgeous and talented PBG and SHK leading the accolades....the entire romance drama is too beautiful for words.

It's been a long time since I've come across such a lovely drama and I admit that the off-the-chart chemistry of our leads threw me off completely. Their superb acting had us all in a frenzy and scrambling for more.....alas! it's only 16 episodes. I love the story to the moon and back! Save for ep 15 which is hard to stomach still....the PD could have done away with too much hurt and tears, imo.  Of course the finale is sweet but could have been much sweeter....oh well, we can't ask for too much, can we? 

If it were not for the unspeakable chemistry between PBG and SHK right from Cuba in ep 1, it's unlikely that I would give this drama a second chance even. There's just something there, maybe their aura aligns beautifully, or their stars were shining in the same spot at the same time, or their expressive and attractive faces found their way to each other's presence, more like to the PD's presence since he only had them in mind.....well, everything fell in place that made it possible for their paths to cross each other, before PBG enlists too, which might be soon, seeing how cramped his schedule is....he did talk about looking at some project in April earlier on.

Do the leads know their chemistry is off-the-chart? Of course. We heard PBG asking the obvious to the journalists right....lol. 

Although there's a minimal chance of them working together again, as we all know in the K-ent industry which seldom pairs the same couple although there are a handful.....I would still yearn for their collaboration in future. I've never failed to be amazed that both of them managed to pull off their roles so superbly and made us forget their age gap totally, because they were like any other compatible and beautiful couple in the drama. :wub:

Both PBG and SHK have brought so much joy to so many fans around the world with "Boyfriend". I wish the same joy and much more for them in their personal lives. They may be busy with their own agenda and goals but I would still hope that their paths will cross again, whether it's a new drama, a movie or even CFs or perhaps the impossible for Kyo...hosting a variety show jointly with PBG amongst other members.....

Yes, it all sounds far-fetched. But there is a word we can't do without - HOPE.

:D

• Like 7
  • Love 17

2 hours ago, jl08 said:

I find it difficult to let go of "Boyfriend" in particular

Perhaps it's the magical settings and stunning cinematography and our gorgeous and talented PBG and SHK leading the accolades....the entire romance drama is too beautiful for words.

If it were not for the unspeakable chemistry between PBG and SHK right from Cuba in ep 1, it's unlikely that I would give this drama a second chance even. There's just something there, maybe their aura aligns beautifully, or their stars were shining in the same spot at the same time, or their expressive and attractive faces found their way to each other's presence, more like to the PD's presence since he only had them in mind.....well, everything fell in place that made it possible for their paths to cross each other,

Both PBG and SHK have brought so much joy to so many fans around the world with "Boyfriend". I wish the same joy and much more for them in their personal lives. 

I'm on the same page as you and @htk9207 

I'm still very much having Boyfriend fever, i listen to the OST every-single-day..

Although i try to watch one Sageuk drama, since i need distraction, but haven't been able to finish 2 episodes.

Their off-the-chart chemistry..

i mean, i still get my heart flutters watching this two.

I noticed that Jin Hyuk always try to steal a glance everytime he's with Soo Hyun..even from the very beginning they met:wub:

Who wouldn't believe that he's head over heels for her? It's in his eyes. The look of love.. it called chemistry.

VqpRBi2.jpg

@bohmi how lovely the DC Boyfriend fans were? I'm so happy they did that..

Because we can't thank you enough for the Production team who gave their hard work to present such a beautiful love story. And thank you for bringing the interview with YYA..

@roshzanna

The magical 11.11!! Thank you for your detail observation, please share some more if you find another interesting things :wub:

To all of chingu who still lurking to find anything related to Boyfriend/Encounter.. i get you. I really do

So please keep sharing any news or analyses

:heart:

• Like 9
  • Love 10

@rosiepeonie188 They love Encounter as we are. You can read here,

Spoiler

dc (in korean)

Sometimes they are so hilarious too. They even created a poll like this :sweatingbullets:

igEe7QZ.gif

cr. dc

The main core of "Encounter" now have a new project, left director Park Shin Woo and Song Hye Kyo.

Spoiler

Park Bo Gum (considering upcoming movie Seo Bok)
Writer Yoo Young Ah (upcoming movie Kim Ji Young Born 1982)
Producer Bon Factory (upcoming tvN drama Her Private Life)

Good luck to all of them. I'm going to miss them all (especially JinSoo) :heart:

@dukesa1122

Actually, I still lurk here. I still have some pages to read. I also enjoyed reading bebebisous33's analysis; twtwb's quotes plus images; news from gumtaek and the others; staring gifs and pictures from Jemrie, Buldok, MarJo_Lei, leedonghaek and the others; insights and thoughtful from the other chingu too :) thank you very much. Please keep it coming.

Edited by bohmi
put source instead
  • Like 8
  • Love 6

Park Bo Gum responds to Encounter tagged as romance between him and Song Joong Ki's wife

Encounter ended on 24 January with a total of 16 episodes.

By : Simi John
Feb 7, 2019 16:26 IST

MAMA

Song Joong K and Park Bo Gum have been close friends for a long timeInstagram

Park Bo Gum was praised for his spectacular on-screen chemistry with Song Hye Kyo in the hit tvN drama, Encounter (formerly titled, Boyfriend). The show ended on 24 January with a total of 16 episodes.

In the series, the 37-year-old actress played Cha Soo Hyun, the daughter of a politician and former daughter-in-law of a family running a large business conglomerate. As for the 25-year-old actor's character, Kim Jin Hyuk, he appeared as a man who enjoys the happiness of his everyday life.

Though Bo Gum and Song Joong Ki have known each other for a long time, a lot of people saw Encounter as a romance between him and his friend's wife.

Joong Ki and Hye Kyo, who shot to fame after starring in Descendants of the Sun, tied the knot at South Korea's Shilla Hotel on 31 October 201Descendants of the Sun

Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo fell in love in Descendants of the Sun..

During an interview with Sports Today, the Love in the Moonlight star responded to the claims. He said: "'Encounter' is not a romance between me and my friend's wife, but a romance between Kim Jin Hyuk and Cha Soo Hyun. We were each acting out our characters, so I focused on my portrayal of my character."

Adding on, Bo Gum gushed about Hye Kyo's impeccable acting skills. He said:  "One of the reasons why everyone compliments Song Hye Kyo is that when she is acting a sad scene, she says everything with her eyes. When I saw her eyes, I realized what they were talking about. She was really like CEO Cha Soo Hyun, and because of that, I was able to fall deeper into my role as Kim Jin Hyuk."
The South Korean actor who is known for his humble nature, shared that he is not worried that his popularity might disappear someday. He said: "Popularity isn't forever, and I'm not afraid of my popularity falling. Because it's inevitable. I'm just thankful and amazed at everyone who supports and loves me unconditionally, even though there's nothing that I've done for them. I want to cherish it always and work hard to give.....source credit @https://www.ibtimes.co.in/park-bo-gum-responds-encounter-tagged-romance-between-him-song-joong-kis-wife-791504
  • Like 2
  • Love 1